Author Topic: Open letter to the MD staff  (Read 22131 times)

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
Re: Open letter to the MD staff
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2008, 08:36:59 AM »
"Must be a slow news month ..... hmmm lets make 'news' hahahhaha " -- MD
The Number 2 in Scranton

brudge

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 08:50:52 AM »
THat's the funny part....the deadline isn't even the issue.

I just gave up on reading it all. Too much effort. Let em bitch and complain. end of story. what do u say?

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »
posted at MD.com by John Romano:

Deadline for press passes? Chic is drinking too much Weider juice. As uninformed as usual, what the big lug doesn't know is that Steve was out of town on the "official press pass due date"

"Out of town"? Was he out of town the month BEFORE the date? Or how about the 3 weeks after the deadline? Aug. 15th is ONE day...

and had a conversation with Robin Chang anyway about it. What Steve asked for was "the same as last year" - Apparently, he didn't remember - or chose to forget the incredible hassle we had to go through last year to cover their show. Where has Robin been? He doesn't remember?

He remembers very well, he also emailed Steve back after receiving the faxed request, and asked if TWO were enough passes....sounds like a guy DENYING passes to me...! That email went unanswered. I can post the fax filled out by Steve if you wish, requesting TWO passes...let me know.

I'll refresh their memory: We got four press passes and we had to BUY SIX VIP tickets to accommodate the rest of our crew and that was only after Steve held hostage the release agreements for our athletes to shoot the Okabe video and the other video short Weider wanted to shoot for the show.

How many people you choose to send to cover the Olympia is YOUR choice. What "hassle" was that? Oh, thats right...forgot about that whole "having to write on a piece a paper and fax it over deadline thing.."

This is bullshit on a massive scale.

On that, we agree....claiming to have been DENIED press passes is about as bullshit as it gets. Still waiting for the whole "denied" part BTW

MD is the number one hardcore bodybuilding magazine in the world and this is the crap we have to go through in order to give superior coverage and promotion to Weider's show.

Yep....superior coverage indeed...especially the way you bash the production, the show, everyone at Weider (especially Peter McGough) the results, the Venue, continuously making comparison to the ASC, and how THAT'S the number one show in the world...not the OLympia, etc, etc....it's a wonder they let you anywhere near the building

Deadline my ass. Chang should have called Steve and said: "thank you for doing such a great job last year covering our show, how can I help you this year? What do you need?" Just like Jim Lorimer does and the other 99 promoters of the shows MD covers.

Funny you should mention a number...150 seats in the pit...149 people had no problem and submitted their requests ON TIME. See above for how "thankful" Robin Chang should be....

The coverage is for YOUR magazine lets not forget...for YOUR sales, for YOUR content, we have our own magazine and coverage...so spare us all how "thankful" we should be to MD...

Press pass issuance to our crew is one thing. It's a whole other thing to not offer a press pass to the Senior Editor of the number one hardcore bodybuilding magazine in the world, the Editor-in-Chief of its website, the boss of all bosses,

All those people HAVE press passes...Peter McGough, Alan Donnally, Joe and Ben Weider, David Pecker, etc....ALL have them.

and not to mention Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray who, while working for MD, also represent two uncrowned olympia kings with perhaps the greatest combined record in the history of the sport.

Both of which are a phone call away from having seats up fron at ANY pro show, or NPC show for that matter, as is not only their right as a IFBB pro, but as the legends they are.

Right or wrong, that's my opinion and that's what I said on NBR. It's also the truth and in typical Weider fashion someone over there has a problem with the truth

No, we have a problem with distorted facts. I'm sure Steve B was totally upfront and truthful with you (as usual)...after all...he's the one keeping food on your table, he HAS to be right.

Even though I think bob is a tool... This is Classic Ownage!!!!!  Romano is really obsessed with Titles.. "senior editor" LOL

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »

Even though I think bob is a tool... This is Classic Ownage!!!!!  Romano is really obsessed with Titles.. "senior editor" LOL

The comparisions between Romano and that loser Anthony Roberts is uncanny.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 10:14:21 AM »
I love this soap opera that they have created!  Chick, you rule.  Your ownage of them is becoming legendary.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2008, 10:18:42 AM »
props to muscluar development and romano for telling it like it is and standing their grounds-lets hope they finally get some justice
w

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
Godamnit, Finally, a good thread on getbig. I've been wanting a thread like that for weeks....... ;D, thanks Chick

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2008, 10:23:33 AM »
props to muscluar development and romano for telling it like it is and standing their grounds-lets hope they finally get some justice
::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »

::)

There's not enough rolley eyes to describe the statement.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:58 AM »
There's not enough rolley eyes to describe the statement.
I'm sure if we got a couple of Mac Pro's with 8 processors we could almost get enough  ::) 's in

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 10:34:33 AM »
I'm sure if we got a couple of Mac Pro's with 8 processors we could almost get enough  ::) 's in

We'll need a few of them and we'll need to cluster them and use a HPC kernel to get enough horsepower to get the job done.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008, 10:42:29 AM »
We'll need a few of them and we'll need to cluster them and use a HPC kernel to get enough horsepower to get the job done.
True - hmm perhaps running a distributed app across several clusters would do it....or we could just have naturalfag killed

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »
True - hmm perhaps running a distributed app across several clusters would do it....or we could just have naturalfag killed

Easier and more direct... let's go with that.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »
Easier and more direct... let's go with that.
Done... fantastic news for getbig!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2008, 11:09:50 AM »
Open letter to Bob Thick. Muscle Mag owners, editors and photographers should be sent press passes and complimentary tickets to the big shows. They shouldn't have deadlines or have to beg for passes.

Almost every type of event has a deadline or you need a request to get a press pass. Get real.  I recently needs to cover a rock band --> You had to apply for a press pass, and just for the particular band you want to cover, and once you got it, you needed to get approval to get in with the camera, and then you can only shoot pictures, without flash, for the first three songs only. And only on that band.  It is much stricter that you guys think.

For a political event, to get backstage, you need to get approved, and you can only shoot at various times, in various places.

And for the bigger events, like the Olympia and the Arnold, which have limited space for photographers, you must apply early.  Simple as that.

If you put Blechman and Robin Chang together I doubt they'd have more than 100 combined IQ points between them.

You dont know either one of them. Both are pretty smart individuals, who know how to run things.  As for Robin Chang, the man has a ton of patience and handles the stress of putting up a major show quite well.  Many times, he is at his office until way past 8pm at night.  There are so many details to go over at this type of show, including expo, insurance, hotel, flights are 150 competitors, judges, rooms, buses and so much more.

As for Romano

Romano likes to stir up shit.   Piss people off.   End of story.   

affy

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »
You should have gone to TIME magazine with this one

hahahhahaha

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
The latest from MD.com

I would just like to take a moment to clarify my communication with Robin Chang and the Olympia.

I first contacted Robin Chang (via telephone) at the end of August as I was never notified about the status of our press passes for the Olympia or a deadline.

When I called Robin I asked him specifically how many press passes MD was entitled to. His response was “whatever you received last year”. To my knowledge I received two press passes last year. I asked Robin to check to see how many I had received and also if I was entitled to receive more. Robin responded that I am only entitled to the amount I received last year.

Robin sent me the press pass application on 9/3. I filled this out and emailed it back to him. I never received an email asking me if I needed more.

I then spoke to Robin yesterday 9/10 where for the first time I was asked if I wanted more than two. I asked for Robin how many more can he provide us with. He said a total of four and he told me he will check to see if this is ok. I have not yet been given a final answer.

Robin is a sincere guy who works hard to put the Olympia together. He always goes out of his way to help me and I believe in this instance his efforts are the same.

The reality is that of course I would like more press passes. If this is the best he can do then I am fine with that. I am currently awaiting on the approval of these four press passes.

Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief

Insider X

• Getbig II
Let the Weider boys keep their Press Passes!
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »

You know what, let Weider keep their precious press passes, they will all be on the unemployment line next year anyway and this will be a moot point.

Jeez. Chic is getting his info 3rd hand. He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. He's just acting like the good old company boy he is trying to make his keepers look good.

Since when is anybody above criticism? The venue does suck. As usual the Weider boys have a problem with the truth. Overall though, we gave their show better coverage before, during and after than they did. That's a fact. I've also done nothing but praise Robin Chang for the job he does.

The bottom line is, apart from the production personnel we need to cover their show, passes of some kind should also be given to our contemporaries of Peter McGough, Alan Donnally, Joe and Ben Weider, David Pecker, etc. Oh, wait, that's right, they are not our contemporaries, our parent company isn't filing bankruptcy. Silly me.

by John Romano

James_Cook

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Let the Weider boys keep their Press Passes!
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »
can someone clue me in on what the heck this is about?  I'm kinda interested in the subject of press passes, but is there a non-rambling version of this topic?
thanks in advance..

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »
Has anybody ever noticed , but Steve Blechman (The boss of all bossess  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::) ! hahaha!)
never speaks ??

and whenever he does , its always through a robotic press statment , that has little bit less than fuckall emotion.

He always has his bitchlette Romano fighting for him, while he remains unscathed

Insider x says weider can keep their press passes , well ill guarenfuckingtee you that MD will stillll try to cover the Mr Olympia.Screw that MD , if you had any balls DONT COVER THE MR O AT ALL! Dont come with childish bitchass threats - do the right thing for yaself , dont cover it

But you wont do that would you? Because thats the annual kingpin off all your issues is the Mr O report isnt it? This is basic economics

best part is im no insider whatsoever , even *I* can see through MD`s bullshit  , thats how UNPROFFESSIONAL they are

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2008, 03:07:49 PM »
The only thing you need to know is that this news applies to .001% of the bodybuilding world. :)

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »
The only thing you need to know is that this news applies to .001% of the bodybuilding world. :)

I work here and I don't even care about this foolishness. It has absolutely no bearing on the magazines or BB in general, purely a self promotion stunt (that unfortunately is working for them)

Nice they sent out there little Insider X attack dog though...check out their previous posts, 95% of them are anti-Weider BS.

Man this gets old

C

CD
M&F & FLEX

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »
who gives a fuck what this criminal has to say?  ::)

A lifelong steroid user who openly brags about it wielding only 15-16inch guns and gyno surgery scars.. he has no credibility.

checkmate

• Getbig II
  • Blaaargo Argo!
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »
I work here and I don't even care about this foolishness. It has absolutely no bearing on the magazines or BB in general, purely a self promotion stunt (that unfortunately is working for them)

Nice they sent out there little Insider X attack dog though...check out their previous posts, 95% of them are anti-Weider BS.

Man this gets old

C

Scribbs Im with you on this! and my home IS md
It's like a freak circus!

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »
who gives a fuck what this criminal has to say?  ::)

A lifelong steroid user who openly brags about it wielding only 15-16inch guns and gyno surgery scars.. he has no credibility.

WOW... talk about being OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Romano is the size of a avg high school kid ater 25 years of gear...