Author Topic: started woking out again after almos 2 years, is muscle memory still there?  (Read 10635 times)

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
well, after about 21 months of not working out i got a gym membership and started working out again. im 6 feet tall and when i stopped lifting i was 255lbs at around 12%bf, now im at about 200lbs/probably 18% bodyfat, maybe a bit more. i worked out for about 4 years straight before my lay off. do you think my 'muscle memory' is gone and ill have to work my way up like i did before?
last night was my first work out, my max lists were 60lb dumbells on flat bench for 7 1/2 reps, 40lb dumbels on the incline for 8 reps, flys with the 30lb dumbells. they did some tri pushdowns. used to use the 140s on the flat bench for a good  reps. when i got home i took a shower and couldnt even lift my arm up to brush my teeth.  im going to try and get some pics up on here and update my progress

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
Re: started woking out again after almos 2 years, is muscle memory still there?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »
it will be back, i took off over 3 years a few years ago, it comes back

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »
it will be back, i took off over 3 years a few years ago, it comes back
thanks for the reply. how long did it take you to get back to your former self? just curious.

back in early january 07 i stopped working ot cause i was really busy with work..started partying, eating what i want, when i want(not eery three hours) and just devolved and lost all motivation/work ethic.  now ive finally gotten fed up with drugs/drinking/looking like dogshit, been clean for 2 months and my motivation is back,ready to get back into the zone and give it 100%.  with me its all or nothing

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 02:50:54 PM »
It will come back, and i bet you'll make better gains than before.  My buddy took off close to a year, and he got back quickly.  His body responded well after the rest.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 05:31:57 PM »
lmao

the muscle memory wont be coming back, this will be your first time experiencing it....

when u train after not training for a good while.......

thats when muscle memory kicks in....u and the muscle remember what it feels like...

and this is an advantage

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 05:35:34 PM »
well, after about 21 months of not working out i got a gym membership and started working out again. im 6 feet tall and when i stopped lifting i was 255lbs at around 12%bf, now im at about 200lbs/probably 18% bodyfat, maybe a bit more. i worked out for about 4 years straight before my lay off. do you think my 'muscle memory' is gone and ill have to work my way up like i did before?
last night was my first work out, my max lists were 60lb dumbells on flat bench for 7 1/2 reps, 40lb dumbels on the incline for 8 reps, flys with the 30lb dumbells. they did some tri pushdowns. used to use the 140s on the flat bench for a good  reps. when i got home i took a shower and couldnt even lift my arm up to brush my teeth.  im going to try and get some pics up on here and update my progress

You fucking beast!.....but face facts;

You're a fat piece of shit, and no matter how much or how hard you train you will never amount to jack shit.

Hope this help!  ;D

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:54:21 PM »
You fucking beast!.....but face facts;

You're a fat piece of shit, and no matter how much or how hard you train you will never amount to jack shit.

Hope this help!  ;D
haha, im not that fat. just some love handles but not to bad, if i pull my boxers over my love handles i look fit sort of. good thing i dont work at wendy's like you, then i might be fat.
my arm right now looks better than you fat midget arm with zero seperation you bloated piece of shit hot dog arm

im gonna post some pics sometime this week so stay tuned.

im training legs tonight.
i plan to update my progress

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »
lmao

the muscle memory wont be coming back, this will be your first time experiencing it....

when u train after not training for a good while.......

thats when muscle memory kicks in....u and the muscle remember what it feels like...

and this is an advantage
i see, thanks.

id like to hear some personal experiences/results wirth muscle memory after extensive lay offs from the gym.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »
haha, im not that fat. just some love handles but not to bad, if i pull my boxers over my love handles i look fit. good thing i dont work at wendy's like you, then i might be fat.
my arm right now looks better than you fat midget arm with zero seperation you bloated piece of shit hot dog arm

im gonna post some pics sometime this week so stay tuned.

im training legs tonight.
i plan to update my progress

;D

PM me, I have a diet to get your BF below 60%, and also add some strength to your sorry ass.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:01:46 PM »
i see, thanks.

id like to hear some personal experiences/results wirth muscle memory after extensive lay offs from the gym.

I have taken long time between workouts lately.  I could take 6 months off and barely be able to bench 225 for 8.  Within 3 weeks I was doing 305 for 8.  In a couple months I was doing supersets on the bench and incline with 305 for 8 fairly easy.  One thing everyone notices is my muscle memory.  I am glad it is there cause if I was this weak all the time I probably would never go in the gym.

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »
muscle memory will always be there...that's how Dara Torres made the Olympic swimming team in her 40's

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 06:03:41 PM »
i see, thanks.

no rpobs...

ive not been training for 6 years and ive been meaning to get back into it the past few months.... but i just have'nt started yet....   :P

i know when i start training solid again i will look a lot better than i ever looked  within 3 months

ive taken a couple of before pics.... and im gonna take some after 6 months trainin....

should be good 8)

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
;D

PM me, I have a diet to get your BF below 60%, and also add some strength to your sorry ass.
ok, fuck it, heres a pic. this cost me a quarter you piece of shit

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
I have taken long time between workouts lately.  I could take 6 months off and barely be able to bench 225 for 8.  Within 3 weeks I was doing 305 for 8.  In a couple months I was doing supersets on the bench and incline with 305 for 8 fairly easy.  One thing everyone notices is my muscle memory.  I am glad it is there cause if I was this weak all the time I probably would never go in the gym.
cool. i think even if my strength goes up quick, ill limit myself cause i want my joints/tendons to adapt to the weight

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »
no rpobs...

ive not been training for 6 years and ive been meaning to get back into it the past few months.... but i just have'nt started yet....   :P

i know when i start training solid again i will look a lot better than i ever looked  within 3 months

ive taken a couple of before pics.... and im gonna take some after 6 months trainin....

should be good 8)
it took me a while to get up the guts/motivation to go to the gym. moreso the motivation part, over the 21 months lay off i kept telling myself id get back in the gym. but i was just too in the lazy/partying mindset. good luck bro

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »
i feel like a loser going to the gym and lifting puny weights, im not going to say to people 'yeah i used to be big, i used to lift this and that' cause i assume people will just be rolling their eyes in the back of their head like 'yeah, ok' and think im lying.  so im just keeping to myself, lifting, staying consistent, then i can get back the confidence i used to have in the gym.
its eerie though, when i first waked into the gym i was lost, once i started working out i was thinking yeah i remember this and how i used to love it, this is me, lifting heavy, being big. i love the gym and now i cant belive i was away for so long,its all coming back to me, im getting back in the zone.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 06:29:30 PM »
ok, fuck it, heres a pic. this cost me a quarter you piece of shit
Is this really you? What's with the hip out like a gay whore pose ???

And why did it cost you a quarter?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »

LOL, gay whore pose? i think one of my feet was ontop of something(messy room), i wasnt twisting my hip or whatever intentionally if thats what you mean.
i dont have free pic sending on my phone so it cost me a quarter to email it to myself.

can you guys estimate my BF% from taht pic?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »
It's a fuzzy pic, can't really see any detail so BF%......no, can't help you there.

I can help you with your posture by telling you to clean up your room and get that shit off the floor, you're going to trip and hit your head!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »

when i was 18 and natural i could use the 120s on shoulder press, i was doing 315x 6 or so on the bench around the same time i think.

::)
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »
::)

yes i said that, and it was/is 100% true. look at my first post in the thread, im weak as shit now. i havent been in a gym for almost 2 years! i started working out/eating seriously at 15 years old bro

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 06:57:06 PM »
id also like to add that ive been on getbig since early 2003. so i am an elder of most of you, please show some respect.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »
id also like to add that ive been on getbig since early 2003. so i am an elder of most of you, please show some respect.
LMAO!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 07:13:21 PM »

Sarcastic used to post as "Big G Man"....so unless you think that big fat black dude was him I doubt this is either.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »
Sarcastic used to post as "Big G Man"....so unless you think that big fat black dude was him I doubt this is either.
I don't recall a "Big" G Man..........since ge was black I am assuming the "G" stands for Greeeeeezy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!