Author Topic: Venezuela to expel U.S. ambassador  (Read 6393 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Venezuela to expel U.S. ambassador
« on: September 11, 2008, 06:13:11 PM »
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said Thursday he is recalling his own ambassador from Washington and expelling the U.S. ambassador from Venezuela.

President Hugo Chavez said he was making the moves "in solidarity with Bolivia and the people of Bolivia."

"He has 72 hours, from this moment, the Yankee ambassador in Caracas, to leave Venezuela," Chavez told a crowd of supporters.

The president said he was making the moves "in solidarity with Bolivia and the people of Bolivia."

Bolivia's Evo Morales accused the United States Thursday of fomenting a coup d'etat by rich eastern department landowners against him, the country's first Indian president.

"We have seen reports about President Chavez's remarks but have not received any official diplomatic communication," said Gordon Duguid, a State Department spokesman. "Our embassy in Caracas is looking into these reports."

Also Thursday, Chavez accused the United States of having backed a coup plot against him.

"When there's a new government in the United States, we'll send an ambassador," he said. "A government that respects Latin America."

Earlier Thursday, Chavez said he has uncovered a U.S.-backed plot to remove him from power.

"It's the empire that's behind this," he told supporters in a nationally televised address. "They go around looking for a way to stop our revolution and, with it, to strike all the processes of change that are occurring in our Americas, in the Caribbean, in Central America."

Chavez then played a four-minute tape of what he said were conversations among current and retired members of the Venezuelan military discussing whom they could count on to support a movement against the presidential palace.

Chavez, who was briefly detained in a failed 2002 coup attempt, said the former plotters "are the same people involved in this coup attempt. Behind them is the American empire."

But he said the presence of two Russian warplanes on Venezuelan soil for a training exercise "is a warning" to the rest of the world that Venezuela's allies include Russia and other countries.

Chavez added that, should any country in Latin America be overthrown, he would interpret that to be "the green light to undertake military operations of any sort in those countries, and restore power back to the people."

And he had a message for President Bush, beseeching him, to "go wherever you have to go and leave the Latin-American people alone."

He added, "If they kill me, my God, I don't fear for me, but for what comes after."

A U.S. State Department spokesman denied involvement in any coup attempts in Venezuela or Bolivia.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/09/11/venezuela.us/index.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Venezuela to expel U.S. ambassador
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:14:43 PM »
damn, not a good sign at all.

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if 'Shavez' inadvertently "slips" on a bullet in the next couple of weeks 8)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
 ???

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:40:04 PM »
CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said Thursday he is recalling his own ambassador from Washington and expelling the U.S. ambassador from Venezuela.

"He has 72 hours, from this moment, the Yankee ambassador in Caracas, to leave Venezuela," Chavez told a crowd of supporters.

The president said he was making the moves "in solidarity with Bolivia and the people of Bolivia."

Bolivia's Evo Morales accused the United States Thursday of fomenting a coup d'etat by rich eastern department landowners against him, the country's first Indian president.

Also Thursday, Chavez accused the United States of having backed a coup plot against him.

"When there's a new government in the United States, we'll send an ambassador," he said. "A government that respects Latin America."

"We have seen reports about President Chavez's remarks but have not received any official diplomatic communication," said Gordon Duguid, a State Department spokesman. "Our embassy in Caracas is looking into these reports."

The U.S. State Department has denied involvement in any coup attempts in either country.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/09/11/venezuela.us/index.html

This is a wonderful happening if true. 

We should start drilling for oil immediately.  We should also double, triple or quadruple our efforts for alternative energy in the interim.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
This is the situation we create.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:57:31 PM »

Oh yea, the "BLAME AMERICA" crowd is out.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »

Oh yea, the "BLAME AMERICA" crowd is out.
no, I blame criminals, not America.  Get is straight.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »
no, I blame criminals, not America.  Get is straight.

Never said YOU blamed anyone. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:24:48 PM »
Never said YOU blamed anyone. 
you said, Oh yea the blame America crowd in reply to my post.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »

::)
damn your shit is getting old, always anti american even on the day of 9/11

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 07:30:46 PM »
What ever the causes.  This is a diplomatic failure.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »

Your anti-American shit is so past old, it's a molded chunk of bread left over from Bush's inaugural dinner!!!  I'm pro-America, I have no idea what you call this neocon bullshit you support but it's not in any way shape or form consistant with the founding purpose of America...  So fuck off douchebag, you piss on America while I bust my ass to preserve The Greatest Nation.

and start capitalizing America you disrespectful asswipe.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »
"When there's a new government in the United States, we'll send an ambassador," he said. "A government that respects Latin America." - Hugo Chavez

And

By significant margins, Europeans have high hopes for a potential Obama administration, according to a Transatlantic Trends poll of 12 European countries.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=233424.msg3288572#msg3288572

You do see that other countries are trying to tell Americans how to vote, don't you?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »
And
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=233424.msg3288572#msg3288572

You do see that other countries are trying to tell Americans how to vote, don't you?
You do see that they have a huge stake in it now don't you?  Is it out of line to demand for us to respect Latin America?  Is it out of Line for most of the world to take a line when do to our course in the world, virtually everyone is affected one way or another and many who are not Americans effected to a great extreme.  Infact I'll go as far as saying if we continue down the coarse of Team America World Police, Rulers of all, everyone in the world should be able to cast a vote in our elections.  Is that what I want to see?  Hell fucking no.  I don't want to see any of this happen.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 07:50:49 PM »
while I bust my ass to preserve The Greatest Nation.

How do you do that? Oh right, by saying how America is failed....Chirst sakes your screen name is Hugo Chavez....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »

I see you're using 911 for political debate purposes.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »
You do see that they have a huge stake in it now don't you?  Is it out of line to demand for us to respect Latin America?  Is it out of Line for most of the world to take a line when do to our course in the world, virtually everyone is affected one way or another and many who are not Americans effected to a great extreme.  Infact I'll go as far as saying if we continue down the coarse of Team America World Police, Rulers of all, everyone in the world should be able to cast a vote in our elections.  Is that what I want to see?  Hell fucking no.  I don't want to see any of this happen.

I don't know about all that.  I won't argue with you.  But the point is, Chavez sees Bush and McCain as a threat and he is obviously using the situation to manipulate the American vote.  "Respect Latin America"?  Chavez doesn't respect his own people.  It's more like he wants the US to stay out of his way while he exploits and oppresses Venezuelans.  Chavez is no saint, Hugo.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
I don't know about all that.  I won't argue with you.  But the point is, Chavez sees Bush and McCain as a threat and he is obviously using the situation to manipulate the American vote.  "Respect Latin America"?  Chavez doesn't respect his own people.  It's more like he wants the US to stay out of his way so that he can exploit and oppress Venezuelans.  Chavez is no saint, Hugo.
Oh, I understand your point.  I don't think that's a huge issue.  Nobody in America is going to say, shit, we need to get our ambassador back there and if we get McCain, relations will stay the same.  But on the same hand I understand Hugo saying, fuck that, enough of the BS, we'll talk when the policy/admin changes.  His demand being respect of which we have shown very little in our covert actions in the region.  Sounds like reasonable manipulation to me.  Now let's talk about the same in reverse.  What actions have originated from here to effect leadership in Latin America?  You won't like that scale, it's very lopsided with many and very extreme actions weighing down our side of the scale. ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:48 PM »
Oh, I understand your point.  I don't think that's a huge issue.  Nobody in America is going to say, shit, we need to get our ambassador back there and if we get McCain, relations will stay the same.  But on the same hand I understand Hugo saying, fuck that, enough of the BS, we'll talk when the policy/admin changes.  His demand being respect of which we have shown very little in our covert actions in the region.  Sounds like reasonable manipulation to me.  Now let's talk about the same in reverse.  What actions have originated from here to effect leadership in Latin America?  You won't like that scale, it's very lopsided with many and very extreme actions weighing down our side of the scale. ;)

Well, good.  I didn't think Americans would let other countries tell them how to vote.  It doesn't seem to keep those countries from trying though.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:48 PM »
How do you do that? Oh right, by saying how America is failed....Chirst sakes your screen name is Hugo Chavez....
So, My screen name being Hugo Chavez makes me anti-American?  How is that?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »
Well, good.  I didn't think Americans would let other countries tell them how to vote.  It doesn't seem to keep those countries from trying though.
could you kindly address the rest of my post since I think it's very relevant to countering your points and by just leaving them behind you narrow the issue into a simple ah-ha.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 08:19:50 PM »
could you kindly address the rest of my post since I think it's very relevant to countering your points and by just leaving them behind you narrow the issue into a simple ah-ha.

Sure.  The US helped Venezuela get the oil out of the ground, brought the equipment, showed us how to operate it, which helped make Venezuela the most prosperous and modern country in South America at one time.  The US has good relations with Costa Rica, Chile, Ecuador and Colombia.  As for the CT stuff, I don't know about all that.  Some of it is partially true, some of it isn't.  I saw the long videos you posted last year about all that, and I gave you my opinion already.  I am aware that the leaders of the US, of any country for that matter, aren't saints.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 08:32:35 PM »
Sure.  The US helped Venezuela get the oil out of the ground, brought the equipment, showed us how to operate it, which helped make Venezuela the most prosperous and modern country in South America at one time.  The US has good relations with Costa Rica, Chile, Ecuador and Colombia.  As for the CT stuff, I don't know about all that.  Some of it is partially true, some of it isn't.  I saw the long videos you posted last year about all that, and I gave you my opinion already.  I am aware that the leaders of the US, of any country for that matter, aren't saints.
If you look at the proven American actions alone to directly effect the politcal makeup and leadership in Latin America and you're fine with that, you're directly saying it's ok for America to take a hands-on and sometimes aggressive approach on politics in Latin America, but not ok for Hugo to make an open statement in regards to the preference in direction of our politics and leadership.  wouldn't that be a very hypocritical viewpoint?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 08:41:22 PM »
If you look at the proven American actions alone to directly effect the politcal makeup and leadership in Latin America and you're fine with that, you're directly saying it's ok for America to take a hands-on and sometimes aggressive approach on politics in Latin America, but not ok for Hugo to make an open statement in regards to the preference in direction of our politics and leadership.  wouldn't that be a very hypocritical viewpoint?

No, not saying that.  The US can try to manipulate other countries' politics.  Those countries don't have to allow it.  But the US shouldn't do that.  It's not okay.  Chavez can try to manipulate the American vote.  Americans don't have to allow it.  Every country should mind their own business. 

Having said that,  I don't hear Chavez complaining about the US having helped Venezuela get the oil out of the ground, having brought the equipment, having showed Venezuelans how to operate it, having helped Venezuela prosper, etc.