Author Topic: Folstaxan- myosatin modulator  (Read 4229 times)

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
Folstaxan- myosatin modulator
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:52:28 PM »
Anyone heard anything on this?  I remember a few years ago there where a few products that claimed to reduce myostatin levels but they didn't do much, it makes me wonder if this is any different or if they really found something that works.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Folstaxan- myosatin modulator
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 04:37:02 AM »
This is the first I’ve heard of it.

As with its predecessors, I have my reasonable doubts and suspicions.
You would likely do well to wait for anecdotal feedback from users, rather than relying on clinical “studies” funded/provided by whatever company is marketing the product.

I thought the whole myo/methoxy craze was done…

Who is advertising this?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »
Anyone heard anything on this?  I remember a few years ago there where a few products that claimed to reduce myostatin levels but they didn't do much, it makes me wonder if this is any different or if they really found something that works.

Whenever you hear or read the words "myostatin inhibitor", run. It's a scam.

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 11:21:43 PM »
I just got a new Prosource catalog in the mail and there are like 3 huge adds for it, The  company is Celldyne. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 04:16:29 AM »
  Whenever you hear or read the words "myostatin inhibitor", run. It's a scam.

Myo-blockers, suppressors, inhibitors, and now modulators?

Sounds like at least the marketing guys are hard at work, and there are ways to “modulate” myostatin levels…

But probably nothing you can buy in a tub or bottle is going to do it.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »
I just got a new Prosource catalog in the mail and there are like 3 huge adds for it, The  company is Celldyne. 

And you should also flee if you see or hear the work "Prosource" too. They're the American MuscleTech.

charles123

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 06:16:47 PM »
I did some research on this many months ago, and basically even if it lowered myostatin by raising follistatin, you would have to take the product for years to see a noticable difference.  A study which was done by the same company who made it i believe said this product did infact lower myostatin, but either didn't cause muscle gain in the period it was used, or they didn't measure that.

In fact, the real heavy duty myostatin blockers haven't yet been proven effective at muscle gain in humans, even though there have been some clinical tests.

Also,
The other thing is that myostatin is needed for tendons, so if you inhibit that, you are much more prone to injury.

It won't give you any short term results.

It supposedly inhibits myostatin with follistatin, a natural myostatin blocker which is extracted from eggs in very large amounts.

If the product really does inhibit myostatin, which i don't doubt, and you had taken it since birth for 20 years, yes, you would be more muscular than normal.  But for alot of money.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:27:37 PM »
PLEEZE...IF YOUR GOING TO BELIEVE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY SO BE IT,OR JUST GO GET SOME DECA AND AT LEAST GET THE 5/10 LBS YA THINK YOUR GOING TO GET FROM THIS.BASICS WHEY/MULTI/CREA GLUT/AMINOS.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »
don't waste your money creatine and protein combo best there is

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »
Trust me, I'm not rushing out to buy this stuff, but I am intrigued by it.  Much of the research on it was conducted by Dr. Carlon Colker - who has always been a trustworthy source of information - as well as one of the smartest guys in the bodybuilding biz.  He's highly touting this stuff as the real deal.

Maybe he's just sold his soul, and is trying to get rich, but that would be highly unlike him, since he's been in the biz for many, many years now and has never directly promoted any particular product.

I'm still going to wait to hear some real world feedback on the stuff though...

dustin

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
The results from these compounds are so minute and microscopic that these people can barely stand by their claims. But on paper, you can say "Yes, it has xxx effect. We are sure of it! And here is the science:..." However in real life, it has no practical or measurable application. Don't waste your money, brothers. We are a long way off from seeing any myostatin modulating or inhibiting drugs. A lonnnng while...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 08:45:47 PM »
The results from these compounds are so minute and microscopic that these people can barely stand by their claims. But on paper, you can say "Yes, it has xxx effect. We are sure of it! And here is the science:..." However in real life, it has no practical or measurable application. Don't waste your money, brothers. We are a long way off from seeing any myostatin modulating or inhibiting drugs. A lonnnng while...

Bullsh!t.
If that was true, then Muscle-Tech would already have three versions of it on store shelves.
 :D

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 05:35:10 AM »
Trust me, I'm not rushing out to buy this stuff, but I am intrigued by it.  Much of the research on it was conducted by Dr. Carlon Colker - who has always been a trustworthy source of information - as well as one of the smartest guys in the bodybuilding biz.  He's highly touting this stuff as the real deal.

Yeah, and he also writes for the same fag-mag that gave us John "Dirt Diggler" Romano, who claims that MHP's Dren was the best thing since ephedra. The guy's a quack.