Author Topic: Lost Season 5  (Read 15798 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Lost Season 5
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »
Sort of a dry episode.  Another slow start to the season.  I fell asleep with about a minute to go.  Have to watch online. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »
I'm disappointed so far.  Very disjointed.  The acting is average.  Charlotte died and I didn't care.  Had nothing invested in her character. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »
I'm disappointed so far.  Very disjointed.  The acting is average.  Charlotte died and I didn't care.  Had nothing invested in her character. 

These are all set up episodes.  I enjoyed this last one.  Charlotte (the actor) probably is glad she doesn't have to keep wearing the same clothes over and over again .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »
These are all set up episodes.  I enjoyed this last one.  Charlotte (the actor) probably is glad she doesn't have to keep wearing the same clothes over and over again .

lol.  Yeah.  Everyone still on the island has been wearing the same clothes since last season.  Or least they should be. 

It's still entertaining, but my expectations were kinda high. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 07:30:42 PM »
Anyone know the deal with Farradays mom? I am liking the season a lot fwiw, but was wondering if anyone has a scoop on her.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 06:53:57 PM »
Still not excited about this season.  For the third week in a row I fell asleep with about a minute to go.   :-\  Probably jet lag this week though. . . .

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »
The blonde girl who held the gun to Faraday in the episode where the young Charles Whitmore was revealed is Faraday's mother. 

I think. ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:23 PM »
Much better episode.  Locke is a very good actor.  Good story.  Directors playing mind games again.  Now Ben is the bad guy (again) and Whitmore is the good guy.  How many times is Ben going to kill Locke?   :)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
Much better episode.  Locke is a very good actor.  Good story.  Directors playing mind games again.  Now Ben is the bad guy (again) and Whitmore is the good guy.  How many times is Ben going to kill Locke?   :)

I agree. Excellent episode. But maybe ben isn't the bad guy and if Locke had killed himself, things wouldn't have worked out? Either way, I was thoroughly entertained this week and next week looks even better 8) Btw, Locke is outstanding, great acting all the way around.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
Decent episode this week.  Not as good as last week.  I don't like the kinder, gentler Sawyer.  He's sort of a wus now.   :-\  I think they did that so his transition to Juliet's love interest would be more believable.  He's not nearly as interesting now.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »
Decent episode this week.  Not as good as last week.  I don't like the kinder, gentler Sawyer.  He's sort of a wus now.   :-\  I think they did that so his transition to Juliet's love interest would be more believable.  He's not nearly as interesting now.   

Juliet sees to always be second fiddle getting Kates left overs.

Sawyer, has softened quite a lot since the beginning of the show.  His darker side should show more now that Kate is back.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »
I agree. Excellent episode. But maybe ben isn't the bad guy and if Locke had killed himself, things wouldn't have worked out? Either way, I was thoroughly entertained this week and next week looks even better 8) Btw, Locke is outstanding, great acting all the way around.

If Locke had commited suicide then everything would have been fucked. Ben killed him because he had to die to get back to the Island.

They shouldnt have killed off Matthew Abadan *sp  btw. Great character.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »
If Locke had commited suicide then everything would have been fucked. Ben killed him because he had to die to get back to the Island.

They shouldnt have killed off Matthew Abadan *sp  btw. Great character.

I agree, which makes me think it might be some sort of heaven, although the producer denied that years ago. At any rate, next week(2 weeks act.) should be good.
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »
I agree, which makes me think it might be some sort of heaven, although the producer denied that years ago. At any rate, next week(2 weeks act.) should be good.

Yeah they have denied all kinds of so called "theories"  like heaven etc. There is still a lot of shit to explain.

I liked the big statue they had up last episode before the final flash. The island is OLD.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 08:48:47 AM »
Yeah they have denied all kinds of so called "theories"  like heaven etc. There is still a lot of shit to explain.

I liked the big statue they had up last episode before the final flash. The island is OLD.

The statue was cool. They have to get busy wrapping it up though, only about 25ish episodes left.
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 08:50:25 AM »
The statue was cool. They have to get busy wrapping it up though, only about 25ish episodes left.

It would be pretty cool if they showed an ancient civilzation on the island in one the episodes. The temple is pretty old aswell.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »
It would be pretty cool if they showed an ancient civilzation on the island in one the episodes. The temple is pretty old aswell.

I think they are going to be stuck in 1974 for a while. Then maybe go back to the US and have a spinoff like Life on Mars ;D
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »
I think they are going to be stuck in 1974 for a while. Then maybe go back to the US and have a spinoff like Life on Mars ;D

Whats the deal with the black smoke you think? I read its athe islands security mechanism.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 08:59:03 AM »
Whats the deal with the black smoke you think? I read its athe islands security mechanism.

I don't know, just know that Ben controls it.
E

cujo66

• Getbig I
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
For some reason I don't like them stuck in the 70's. And I think the skipping them ahead 3 years on the island was a bit of a cop out. The big thing was that the 6 had to get back to the island because their friends are in danger. What danger? The only danger in store for Dharma is Ben's going to kill them all. And Ben is the one telling everyone they've got to go back.

Great one on the blonde with the gun is Faraday's mom. Makes total sense, since he kept looking at her like he knew her.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
i had a horrible thought that the island is atlantis.  if thats the rub, i'll be so fucking pissed.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
i had a horrible thought that the island is atlantis.  if thats the rub, i'll be so fucking pissed.

That would be super lame.  Right up there with Niner's management 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
That would be super lame.  Right up there with Niner's management 
don't get me started...

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »
I want Locke to come back. Sick of the Dharma shit.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 12:26:34 PM »
I want Locke to come back. Sick of the Dharma shit.

Yep.  Another dud of an episode.