Author Topic: The Rhino is back? New Jack London Pics  (Read 20705 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: The Rhino is back? New Jack London Pics
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2008, 04:16:05 PM »
have to agree with Bob on this one---- amateurs are amateurs and pros are pros

saying you're semi-pro is just like a cash register worker at the supermarket saying they are a "sales associate" :-\

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2008, 05:13:30 PM »

saying you're semi-pro is just like a cash register worker at the supermarket saying they are a "sales associate" :-\
I believe (and I admit that could be wrong about this) that those that just sit behind the register at a supermarket are called cashiers.  Sales Associates are usually those you find at department stores that walk the floors and help customers with sales can also include ringing them up at a register.

And you can agree with Bob that it his opinion and yours and you're both entitled to it, but as I've said before, your opinion doesn't make it fact. The fact is that there are semi-pro sports and athletes and they are recognized as such and are paid as such. 
:D Weee

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »
Any body can call themselves a pro, but to "actually be "a real pro is a diffrent story.Technically I am a retired pro bodybuilder.I was a pro in the PNBA, and Musclemania, but do I consider myself a professional bodybuilders.NO.
Why would I ? First of all I am retired, and second of all, there are actually 3  pro cards even really considered pro.
The IFBB, the NABBA, and the WNBF.If your a PDI pro, your not a pro, your just a glamorized NPC atlhete, who Wayne Demillia gave you a pro card.Anybody can become a PDI pro, just look at Troy Moore, lol.
Bob is right either your a pro bodybuilder or your not, there is no in-between.Jack Lonmdon is a nice guy but he is not a pro bodybuilder, nor has a physique that is good enough to step on a pro stage.He is succesful in his bussness and good for him, but for that last time, he is not a pro bodybuilder.He isnt semi-pro, partially pro, half pro, quarter pro.He is just is and always will be just a bodybuilder.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »

I would honestly disagree.

Like many international folks, I get paid for winning, and not some wimpy $500 check either. Then I get all my expenses covered for international comps. I make more money from competing that majority of "pros" ever see, especially females as prize money in the IFBB can be like $6k and there are next to no contracts available either.

Amateur shows worldwide will dish out $10k - $40k prize money, and governments will pay nationals for winning as well....been known to pay around $100,000 in some Asian nation [I forget which Timforgarty knows all that stuff].

It's pretty normal for us international folk to get expenses covered to compete. Take the Arnold amatuer, many of those international entrants were there all expenses paid as normal. Should we go "pro" we lose those benefits, hence why some of us don't take the cards.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »
Any body can call themselves a pro, but to "actually be "a real pro is a diffrent story.Technically I am a retired pro bodybuilder.I was a pro in the PNBA, and Musclemania, but do I consider myself a professional bodybuilders.NO.
Why would I ? First of all I am retired, and second of all, there are actually 3  pro cards even really considered pro.
The IFBB, the NABBA, and the WNBF.If your a PDI pro, your not a pro, your just a glamorized NPC atlhete, who Wayne Demillia gave you a pro card.Anybody can become a PDI pro, just look at Troy Moore, lol.
Bob is right either your a pro bodybuilder or your not, there is no in-between.Jack Lonmdon is a nice guy but he is not a pro bodybuilder, nor has a physique that is good enough to step on a pro stage.He is succesful in his bussness and good for him, but for that last time, he is not a pro bodybuilder.He isnt semi-pro, partially pro, half pro, quarter pro.He is just is and always will be just a bodybuilder.
Bob was referring to all sports GetItOnNY, not just bbing. 

But in regards to your post on the PDI, I would assume that is where Bob is talking about "credibility".
:D Weee

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »

If your position is there's no such thing as semi-pro, and the only choices are professional and amateur, then Jack London is a professional, because he has been paid to compete in his sport.  In any sport, the definition of "professional" is one who gets paid to play.  Hope this helps.

Really? when was he paid?

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »
jack's name is being carried in the mud.

nothing that 'beefy' says is true. nonetheless, nothing matters as getbig is now irrelevant anyway.
Sorry bro, but what I post is true. Get lost girl....

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »

why are you the subject of all of your posts when no one cares or asks?

ARAGO

• Getbig II
  • Alex23 Reincarnated. For now.
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »
Sorry bro, but what I post is true. Get lost ####....

i've known jackie for over 20 years. unlike many of the era, he left venice in good terms, all i can say.