Author Topic: The Rhino is back? New Jack London Pics  (Read 20714 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: The Rhino is back? New Jack London Pics
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »
Minor league, amateur, sandlot, etc....

It's either pro, or it aint.

"semi pro" would be College-div 1-A, if anything was.
[/quoteYa know Bob, you really need to jump off that high horse you've been riding.  You do have a lot of insite and education/experience in the industry you have dedicated your life too, but have also really become quite arrogant since obtaining the goal that took you many years to achieve.  It's either pro or it aint.   ::)   Because you are now a pro after over a decade of trying you are going to belittle the steps/leagues (in other sports) that fall between an amateur and a pro?  That really quite sad.

According to Wikipedia:  A semi-professional athlete is one who is paid to play and thus is not an amateur, but for whom sport is not a full-time occupation, generally because the level of pay is too low to make a reasonable living based solely upon that source, thus making the athlete not a full professional athlete.

It'a quite obvious that there are differences in playing in an Amateur League, a Semi-Professional League and a Professional League.  If there weren't...they wouldn't "label" them differently.   Granted there are many athletes that are lucky enough and giften enough to be yanked out of amateur and drafted right into pro, but for those who aren't ... well, I would believe that those athletes who play on these semi-pro leagues would find it quite insulting that you feel the way you do about what they are working hard/playing hard for.  Here are some Leagues of that step between Amatuer and Professional, known as "Semi-Pro".

Semi-Pro Football Leagues:

Atlantic Football League 
California Football Association
Colorado Football Conference
Detroit Downriver Diesels 
Diamond Football League
Eastern Football League
Empire Football League
Federal Football League
Garden State Football League (GSFL) 
Golden State Amateur Football League (GSAFL)
Great Plains Football League 
Lakeshore Football League
Mason-Dixon Football League
Mid-Continental Football League (MCFL)
Mid-Ohio Football League
Mid-States Football League 
Millennium Football League
National Public Safety Football League
New England Football League
North American Football League
North East Football Association 
Northwest Football League 
Ohio Valley Football League
Oregon Football League 
Rocky Mountain Football League 
Southern States Football League
Southwest Football League 
Texas Football League
United Football League
United Football League of Florida
United Professional Football League 
United States Football Alliance 
Utah Football League   

Semi-Pro Baseball Leagues:

Austin Metro Baseball League
Evansville Outlaws Semi-Pro Baseball Club
Federal League Semi-pro, South Florida
Granite State (NH) Baseball League Official Site
Lower Mainland (BC) Baseball Association
Massachusetts Semi-Pro Baseball Association
Mid-Maryland Semi-Pro Baseball League
National Semi-Pro Baseball Association
National Women's Baseball Hall of Fame
New York Metropolitan Baseball League
North Jersey Majors-Met League
Saskatchewan Major Baseball League
Springfield (MO) Semi-Pro Baseball League

Semi-Pro Hocky Leagues:

LCH: Canada
PDHL: U.S.
LHSPQ: Canada
CHL: Continental HL
NEHL: North Eastern HL
SWHL: Southwest HL
USHL: U.S.
WIHL: Western Int'l HL 54-80

Semi-Pro Basketball Leagues:

All I could find was a Women's Semi-Pro League - WSBA
Although there were some Men's Semi-Pro Leagues in years past.

And although it's not "labeled" as being "semi-professional" even bodybuilding has that middle step.  It's the National Level.  One doesn't go from the NPC amateur stage to the IFBB pro stage without winning a National title.  That being said...you don't see many "NPC Amateurs" being offered endorsements from different supplement companies and whatnot, but you do see "National Level Winners" (obviously they have to have the look that's going to take them to pro) being offered such.  That middle step before becoming a "Pro". 
:D Weee

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
Is Mike Arvilla a "semi-pro" personal trainer?  I mean, he does get paid for it, but $8/hr is really not enough to make a living on.  ;D
Actually he's the Director of Personal Training, my friend, but also does some PT with the clients he's had for some time.  He enjoys it.  You have to enjoy what you do, otherwise you're nothing but miserable every day at work  :-\.  Oh, and you already know he doesn't work for LA Fitness (that's where they pay their trainers $8 an hour)  ;).   

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »
Yep, at $8.75 and a title, your man has truly hit the big time.  ;)
Well, we can't all be licentious-boys now can we?  We leave that up to you.  ;) 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »
Yep, at $8.75 and a title, your man has truly hit the big time.  ;)

$9.00 an hr ,half price haircuts from the gay hairdresser in the strip mall where the gym is located      and.............15% off at the gyms smoothie bar!

a sweet deal my friend!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2008, 03:10:03 PM »
     $9.00 an hr ,half price haircuts from the gay hairdresser in the strip mall where the gym is located      and.............15% off at the gyms smoothie bar!

a sweet deal my friend!

You're giving away all the seeeeeeeeeeee-crets  ::)

;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2008, 04:20:05 PM »
Minor league, amateur, sandlot, etc....

It's either pro, or it aint.

"semi pro" would be College-div 1-A, if anything was.
[/quoteYa know Bob, you really need to jump off that high horse you've been riding.  You do have a lot of insite and education/experience in the industry you have dedicated your life too, but have also really become quite arrogant since obtaining the goal that took you many years to achieve.  It's either pro or it aint.   ::)   Because you are now a pro after over a decade of trying you are going to belittle the steps/leagues (in other sports) that fall between an amateur and a pro?  That really quite sad.

According to Wikipedia:  A semi-professional athlete is one who is paid to play and thus is not an amateur, but for whom sport is not a full-time occupation, generally because the level of pay is too low to make a reasonable living based solely upon that source, thus making the athlete not a full professional athlete.

It'a quite obvious that there are differences in playing in an Amateur League, a Semi-Professional League and a Professional League.  If there weren't...they wouldn't "label" them differently.   Granted there are many athletes that are lucky enough and giften enough to be yanked out of amateur and drafted right into pro, but for those who aren't ... well, I would believe that those athletes who play on these semi-pro leagues would find it quite insulting that you feel the way you do about what they are working hard/playing hard for.  Here are some Leagues of that step between Amatuer and Professional, known as "Semi-Pro".

Semi-Pro Football Leagues:

Atlantic Football League 
California Football Association
Colorado Football Conference
Detroit Downriver Diesels 
Diamond Football League
Eastern Football League
Empire Football League
Federal Football League
Garden State Football League (GSFL) 
Golden State Amateur Football League (GSAFL)
Great Plains Football League 
Lakeshore Football League
Mason-Dixon Football League
Mid-Continental Football League (MCFL)
Mid-Ohio Football League
Mid-States Football League 
Millennium Football League
National Public Safety Football League
New England Football League
North American Football League
North East Football Association 
Northwest Football League 
Ohio Valley Football League
Oregon Football League 
Rocky Mountain Football League 
Southern States Football League
Southwest Football League 
Texas Football League
United Football League
United Football League of Florida
United Professional Football League 
United States Football Alliance 
Utah Football League   

Semi-Pro Baseball Leagues:

Austin Metro Baseball League
Evansville Outlaws Semi-Pro Baseball Club
Federal League Semi-pro, South Florida
Granite State (NH) Baseball League Official Site
Lower Mainland (BC) Baseball Association
Massachusetts Semi-Pro Baseball Association
Mid-Maryland Semi-Pro Baseball League
National Semi-Pro Baseball Association
National Women's Baseball Hall of Fame
New York Metropolitan Baseball League
North Jersey Majors-Met League
Saskatchewan Major Baseball League
Springfield (MO) Semi-Pro Baseball League

Semi-Pro Hocky Leagues:

LCH: Canada
PDHL: U.S.
LHSPQ: Canada
CHL: Continental HL
NEHL: North Eastern HL
SWHL: Southwest HL
USHL: U.S.
WIHL: Western Int'l HL 54-80

Semi-Pro Basketball Leagues:

All I could find was a Women's Semi-Pro League - WSBA
Although there were some Men's Semi-Pro Leagues in years past.

And although it's not "labeled" as being "semi-professional" even bodybuilding has that middle step.  It's the National Level.  One doesn't go from the NPC amateur stage to the IFBB pro stage without winning a National title.  That being said...you don't see many "NPC Amateurs" being offered endorsements from different supplement companies and whatnot, but you do see "National Level Winners" (obviously they have to have the look that's going to take them to pro) being offered such.  That middle step before becoming a "Pro". 

LOL...pretty funny stuff. Bottom line is, you're either a pro or you're an amateur...period. Ihave no "high horse" to jump off of...and I never considered myself anything but an amateur before winning my pro card. If it makes people feel more important to call themselves "semi pro"...than all the power to them.

To me, it's like being semi-pregnant...

If you're in law school to become a lawyer, but having passed he bar...are you a "semi-lawyer"?

BTW...can I call myself a "semi-millionaire"? You know...the middle step between being dead ass broke and having a million dollars?

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »
They say that Jack is Retard strong...He does seem to have that semi retarded look to him...And he is supposedly good with numbers...He probably plays some sort of musical instrument

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »

LOL...pretty funny stuff. Bottom line is, you're either a pro or you're an amateur...period. Ihave no "high horse" to jump off of...and I never considered myself anything but an amateur before winning my pro card. If it makes people feel more important to call themselves "semi pro"...than all the power to them.

To me, it's like being semi-pregnant...

If you're in law school to become a lawyer, but having passed he bar...are you a "semi-lawyer"?

BTW...can I call myself a "semi-millionaire"? You know...the middle step between being dead ass broke and having a million dollars?

Just think of it like when you get a semi-erection  ;)

P

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2008, 10:07:09 PM »
Don Wrinkles is up to his old tricks again .....hhahahaha looks like shit , as usual

BLAL ALJA AHA!HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARAGO

• Getbig II
  • Alex23 Reincarnated. For now.
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2008, 11:36:05 PM »
jack's name is being carried in the mud.

nothing that 'beefy' says is true. nonetheless, nothing matters as getbig is now irrelevant anyway.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »
WILL JACK BE RIDINING IN ON A REAL LIVE WHITE RHINO THIS YEAR.....THATS COOL, i WILL GET THINGS CLEARED WITH PETA FOR HIM, i HAVE CONNECTIONS.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2008, 10:11:43 AM »
Seems to me Laura defined it pretty well. Semi-pro means you get paid for doing it, but don't get paid enough to make a living at it or do it full time. 

That means 90% of your IFBB members are "semi-pro".  ;D
I guess it's just his own "opinion" Goat.  And we know what quote goes with that.  I'm sure that when someone asked him what level of competitor he was (if unknown) prior to becoming a pro, he stated "National" not "Amateur"  Doesn't really matter though.  I stated the facts, there are Semi-Pro League sports.  It's just too bad he can't admit he was wrong.   I know, I know Bob...you're going to say you're not wrong...even though it's just your opinion and the facts are right there in your face.  Although it does make me laugh that he uses "pregnant", "lawyer" and "millionaire" as examples. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2008, 10:20:43 AM »
I guess it's just his own "opinion" Goat.  And we know what quote goes with that.  I'm sure that when someone asked him what level of competitor he was (if unknown) prior to becoming a pro, he stated "National" not "Amateur"  Doesn't really matter though.  I stated the facts, there are Semi-Pro League sports.  It's just too bad he can't admit he was wrong.   I know, I know Bob...you're going to say you're not wrong...even though it's just your opinion and the facts are right there in your face.  Although it does make me laugh that he uses "pregnant", "lawyer" and "millionaire" as examples. 

You can be at the National Level...you're still an amateur.

Semi pro is bullshit.....you're either pro or you're not.

It's an absolute...like the examples I gave....you're not "semi-married", or a "semi-winner" if you take second

Here's a chart to help you:

Sandlot
weekend warrior
pick-up game
organized
college
amateur
professional

Part of being a professional, is being recognized as one by some federation/ league/ etc....that has credibility

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2008, 10:21:53 AM »

It's an absolute...like the examples I gave....you're not "semi-married", or a "semi-winner" if you take second

Sandlot
weekend warrior
pick-up game
organized
college
amateur
professional

Part of being a professional, is being recognized as one by some federation/ league/ etc....that has credibility

you're saying the ifbb has credibility?

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »

Sandlot
weekend warrior
pick-up game
organized
college
amateur
professional

Now Im depressed....  According to this chart, Im only as a good as a pick - up game??  I need some alone time to reflect on my priorities.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2008, 10:27:34 AM »
Bro, since the IFBB was founded, we have witnessed 17 major conflicts, 4 recessions, the Cold War, the tearing down Berlin Wall, sent a man to the Moon etc. etc. etc.!!!

I would say yes, it has at this point obtained a little bit of credibility. Give it the respect it deserves.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2008, 11:18:41 AM »

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »

Sandlot
weekend warrior
pick-up game
organized
college
amateur
professional

Bob, if I use your quote of "Part of being a professional, is being recognized as one by some federation/ league/ etc....that has credibility" as your outlook on the word "credibility" ... then IFBB, only has your so called "credibility" to/by those who follow it.  You and everyone here knows that if you pull an average person off the street and ask them "who/what is the IFBB?" you would get a hell of a lot more "huh's" and "I don't knows" than "International Federation of Bodybuilders".  Ask those same people who/what is the NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA and most will know  ;).   

Credibility refers to the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message. Traditionally, credibility is composed of two primary dimensions: trustworthiness and expertise, which have both objective and subjective components. That is,trustworthiness is a receiver judgment based on subjective factors. Expertise can be similarly subjectively perceived but includes relatively objective characteristics of the source or message as well (e.g., source credentials or information quality). Some secondary dimensions include source dynamism (charisma) and physical attractiveness, for example.

After reading the actual meaning of the word credibility, I would have to say that semi-professional sport's would also have credibility.

Also, obviously if the word "semi" didn't mean anything...it wouldn't be a prefix.  And your examples are ridiculous (semi-married, semi-winner, semi-lawyer, semi-pregnant, semi-millionaire  ::)).  You are choosing words items/words that don't exist.  "Semi-Professional" does exist and does have meaning (whether you "choose" to accept or flip your nose up turn a blind eye at it is your own thing).

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »
Bob, if I use your quote of "Part of being a professional, is being recognized as one by some federation/ league/ etc....that has credibility" as your outlook on the word "credibility" ... then IFBB, only has your so called "credibility" to/by those who follow it.  You and everyone here knows that if you pull an average person off the street and ask them "who/what is the IFBB?" you would get a hell of a lot more "huh's" and "I don't knows" than "International Federation of Bodybuilders".  Ask those same people who/what is the NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA and most will know  ;).   

Credibility refers to the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message. Traditionally, credibility is composed of two primary dimensions: trustworthiness and expertise, which have both objective and subjective components. That is,trustworthiness is a receiver judgment based on subjective factors. Expertise can be similarly subjectively perceived but includes relatively objective characteristics of the source or message as well (e.g., source credentials or information quality). Some secondary dimensions include source dynamism (charisma) and physical attractiveness, for example.

After reading the actual meaning of the word credibility, I would have to say that semi-professional sport's would also have credibility.

Also, obviously if the word "semi" didn't mean anything...it wouldn't be a prefix.  And your examples are ridiculous (semi-married, semi-winner, semi-lawyer, semi-pregnant, semi-millionaire  ::)).  You are choosing words items/words that don't exist.  "Semi-Professional" does exist and does have meaning (whether you "choose" to accept or flip your nose up turn a blind eye at it is your own thing).

Wow! I see you've made quite the recovery, Laura. I think it's amusing/sad that most of those the IFBB classifies as 'Pros' can't/could not sustain a living in the 'sport.'  :-\

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »

I don't accept it, and especially in our world of BB.....thats MY opinion...I don't expect you to agree with it.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
A pro card is a term yes, but what % of pros make a living?

Hardly any, if one thinks about the stacks of them.

So it's all rhetorical anyway.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »
not to mention, Jack london looks like a bag of smashed assholes sprinkled with grate ddick cheese ..
The Number 2 in Scranton

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:32 PM »
I don't accept it, and especially in our world of BB.....thats MY opinion...I don't expect you to agree with it.
Thank you Bob.  That's what I've been saying to you.  It's your opinion, but not fact.  And your opinion obviously doesn't support or change the fact that there are semi-pro sports and athletes.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »
Wow! I see you've made quite the recovery, Laura. I think it's amusing/sad that most of those the IFBB classifies as 'Pros' can't/could not sustain a living in the 'sport.'  :-\
Actually dr.chimps I haven't quite finished my recovery. I have radiation on October 6th and until then I have been pulled from all thyroid medication and since my thyroid has been removed...it has put me into a severe state of hypothyroidism and Myxedema, plus I'm still on the high dosages of prednisone for the Sarcoidosis of my heart and lungs, so that could be why Bob's reluctancy to just "ok there are semi-pro sports/athletes, but I just think there should be one or the other because....blah, blah, blah" instead of using a an argument of "there are no semi-pregnancies, or semi-marriages" which pissed me off.  It's like he can't just say he's wrong.  He's definitely entitled to his own opinion...we all are, but don't say there is no such thing when there are...I think it was/is very insulting to those who are semi-pro athletes.  I guess it would be like saying all "professional bodybuilders" only got there by cheating (steroids) and could NEVER get there without having doing so.  Although we all know they get that "assistance", but it's an insulting comment to them and not recognizing all the years of hard work, diet, dedication and countless hours they put in the gym and getting ready for contests.