Author Topic: I LOVE IT!!! Pictures and fans don't lie.  (Read 19455 times)

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
I LOVE IT!!! Pictures and fans don't lie.
« on: September 14, 2008, 05:52:34 AM »
6th place was and is an absolute joke. My God I can't tell you people how many people (My peers, expeditor's, pro figure girls, the MC, fans, and my fellow competitors came up to me and said this was just a fucking joke. Even some (a couple MD writers, FLEX writer, and a certain GURU) said that it was the wrong decision. I have two favorite parts of last night, one was when all the top 15 men finished their posing routines I was approached by the head expediter and was told: "to stick around because I was in the top 5"... So I did. And then 30 minutes later I was approached by the same guy and was told: "sorry King, I was wrong you did not make the top 5"?!?! What?? Are you fucking kidding me. Who gets the first call out and crushes and then does not make the top 5? Second was when I walked back to the dressing room (as EVERYONE was congratulating me and telling me to kick ass during the posedown) and I started putting my cloths back on and Darrem, Tracy Greenwood, Will Harris, JJ, and a couple of the Spanish IFBB competitors were looking at me like I had 6 heads and asked me why I'm getting dressed. I looked at them with a smile and said I did not make the top 5... OMG the looks on their faces I will never forget. NO ONE said a word and just looked at me in disbelief. I got dressed and as I was walking out Craig Richardson grabs me and says what the fuck am I doing, I have to be back on stage in a few minutes... Then like a lightning bolt he looks at me with that same crazy look and says: "you have got to be kidding me?"........................ .................. Folks, that was the cherry on top of the cake. Forget about the countless fans that were looking at me with confusion as I walked through the audience to find my family so I could get the fuck out of there. People, let's put the bullshit aside, let's put the ass kissing aside and let's stay real here. Did I deserve the win, no. Did I have myself 2nd, no. Did I have myself in the top 4, HELL YES! Jim was in utter and total shock and it took my father and brother in law to calm him down. All that work and suffering to get fucked like this. I will have ALOT MORE TO SAY in my MuscleMag column and my website and in interviews, believe me God I will not let this one go without a good old street fight, but, can we all say: HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I ROCKED THE HOUSE AND THEY CAN NEVER TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME! Here are some pics from MD Online and Flexonline... Enjoy!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: I LOVE IT!!! Pictures and fans don't lie.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 06:12:32 AM »
King. I've got to give you props. That's the best I've seen you look on stage in a long time.

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:25:31 AM »
I believe I predicted a 6-8 finish a few weeks before the show. There are glaring weaknesses and they cost you. Bi's and Tri's just don't look good, no calves, adductors are overpowering your legs because there's no quad sweep. Your conditioning was good, no doubt about it but you've got to accept that those structural weaknesses will hold you back unless you can bring them up

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »
you should not have placed ahead of Tarek, Craig or Marcos.  Please be intellectually honest with yourself.  I had you in 9th place.  I am not bashing you...just being honest.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:58:34 AM »
I had you in 3rd, this is total bullshit, someone needs to pay, do you want to join TEAM Nasser, we speak for the athelets that have not placed what they should have because of their race.

jt
TEAM Nasser

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 09:03:44 AM »
King looked fantastic, i know it isn't politically correct but i think a lot of black competitors get placings because judges automatically think they have "prettier" and "more shapely" physiques, fact is King destroyed a few of those top 5 guys on width, size and condition, appeared to be one of the only guys really shredded from the back, the only pose that it looks like he lost is the front double biceps which just isn't a great pose for him but everything else looked fantastic, both King and Marcos got screwed royally.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 09:11:50 AM »
not hating but marcos and terek should be more disapointed thatn you... no hate, but they should have placed ahead of you man...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 09:16:34 AM »
Much improved! You should have beat Joel.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 10:01:55 AM »
Much improved! You should have beat Joel.

I agree he is more complete than joel.....jay completely lacks legs PERIOD!!!

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »
I believe I predicted a 6-8 finish a few weeks before the show. There are glaring weaknesses and they cost you. Bi's and Tri's just don't look good, no calves, adductors are overpowering your legs because there's no quad sweep. Your conditioning was good, no doubt about it but you've got to accept that those structural weaknesses will hold you back unless you can bring them up
BASED ON THAT PREDICTION you must have predicted Joel stubbs top 5 even with chicken legs alone with his NO CALVES, NO SO CALLED ADDUCTORS, AND NO SO CALLED QUAD SWEEP!!!

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
BASED ON THAT PREDICTION you must have predicted Joel stubbs top 5 even with chicken legs alone with his NO CALVES, NO SO CALLED ADDUCTORS, AND NO SO CALLED QUAD SWEEP!!!

Marcos, Craig and Tarek should have all placed ahead of King...fans lie...pictures do not. 

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 10:41:22 AM »
King's upper body was great but his legs and calves was not. Im sorry to tell that but u deserve you place.

The things that make me angry is Craig Richardson full of Synthol WTF think the judge and Will harris Why did he come to that show, shame on him to come with that body.
J

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 10:55:38 AM »
King you were robbed, just like you were at the '03 night of champions!!!  Fuck it, put it behind you and go get the win next year!!!!  You shut a lot of haters up this time around, and people were left speechless, you should be damn proud of that!  There were a lot of people who doubted you over at the other boards (even at this), and I think you proved every single one of them wrong.  Your conditioning was unreal and you didn't sacrafice any of that freaky size which you are known for.  Top 4 material for sure!  Its a shame we won't see you at the Olympia stage this year!

Shit happens!  I'm sure you've been in the industry long enough to know that!  Nothing you can do but to come in even bigger, leaner, and better next year, till you finally give the judges what they want, and fight through the politics!

Congrats King, you looked GREAT!

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 11:05:32 AM »
You looked a lot better than in the past, but a spade is a spade. Your calves are very small and your legs are smooth compared to the other competitors. Your upper body looked good except the biceps. The peaks are small and they insert too high. You deserved what you got. I'm not being a dick, but just being real as you like to say. Still a vast improvement. You can take this as a launching pad and improve from here. You should be proud of what you've accomplished and either look at it positively and move forward to a better placement or lament about it and say you were robbed, etc

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 11:33:04 AM »
King you were robbed, just like you were at the '03 night of champions!!!   Top 4 material for sure! 

There were only 4 names in the entire lineup...and King got 6th.  I know this is the positive board, and I do not mean to bash...but a bit of a reality check is in order.

If you think King was top 4 material at this show,  which one of these superior bodybuilders would you have demoted to 5th place?

1. Melvin Anthony
2. Johnnie Jackson
3. Darrem Charles
4. Toney Freeman

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »

Johnnie Jackson IMO

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
all of them shit
TEAM Nasser

brudge

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 01:04:45 PM »

Agreed. Best look in a while, but its not just about bringing in a full hard physique. Structural flaws cost King. Bis and tris, and quad sweep. I won't mention calves because no one in this show has them.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »
Johnnie Jackson IMO
johnnie jackson has really good chest muscle bellies  ;)

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
     I am not a professional judge and pictures really don't mean that much to me because being at the show is what would really tell the story but what bothers me about the pictures of the first callout is that the competitors have to fight for space to hit there poses.  Give them room.  Example, Melvin is in front of king on a lot of the poses and king is being blocked out a little, hell, a lot.  What is this an overall posedown?  No, it isn't. 
     When I did the Mr. Michigan a few years back a kid kept blocking me on the quarter turns and I told him nicely, "bro this isn't the posedown quit bumping me."  The kid kept at it so I gave him a bump back until the head judge finally saw what was going on and spaced us properly.  These guys on stage are pros and they are large as hell all I ask and all they ask is give them the space they need to hit the pose properly.  Yes, they may be out there a little longer and have to work harder but shit give them there time.  Now if this was for the overall well this is gonna happen and you have to remind the competitors to keep there space until the music man plays.  I do know that some competitors try to get close to show there strenghts but to be blocked is wrong. Until the posedown how can you compare them when you cant see them. 
     Also, if king was to bump Melvin to get in front them he looks cocky so he was in a shitty situation.  I know several years back he bumped a fellow pro and people didn't like it.  I personally thought that was the shit.  King is a fighter and I am sure he knew he was being blocked a little bit and took the higher road and let it go but I am also sure if he knew he was gonna take six place he would have took a half step forward and moved in front of melvin.  The pics are good but don't they dont tell the whole story all I know is king wears his heart on his sleeve and gave it 110 percent and I know it doesn't help or matter know but his courage is to be admired. (if you are a competitor this goes without saying) He is a great warrior in my eyes.  Joe Leahy.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 05:47:01 PM »
There were only 4 names in the entire lineup...and King got 6th.  I know this is the positive board, and I do not mean to bash...but a bit of a reality check is in order.

If you think King was top 4 material at this show,  which one of these superior bodybuilders would you have demoted to 5th place?

1. Melvin Anthony
2. Johnnie Jackson
3. Darrem Charles
4. Toney Freeman

joel NO LEGS stubs.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
joel NO LEGS stubs.
it's true what can I say  :-X

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »
Craig, Tarek, Marcos are the ones that got robbed, not you. And i'm not a hater. I've supported you through the past couple weeks and you did look very much improved, but these guys all looked better. You should be happy with getting 6th. Craig Richardson deserved top 5... it's a damn shame.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 08:36:55 PM »
Craig, Tarek, Marcos are the ones that got robbed, not you. And i'm not a hater. I've supported you through the past couple weeks and you did look very much improved, but these guys all looked better. You should be happy with getting 6th. Craig Richardson deserved top 5... it's a damn shame.

Not slamming you bro, but to be fair then do you think that the guys you named should NOT have placed above the top 5 other placings just above King?

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »
Not slamming you bro, but to be fair then do you think that the guys you named should NOT have placed above the top 5 other placings just above King?

Well first i'd like to say great job getting King in the great shape you did. He really looked a lot better than at the Ironman this year.

I'd say everyone that should've been in the top 10 was there. The top 5 I do agree with, but everything from 6th-10th should be different. I have King at about 8th-9th place. Maybe something in the order of Craig, Marcos, Tarek, King, Hide.

When I said those three are the ones that got robbed, I just meant that if King got robbed then they did too. The only pose I see King beating Craig on is the RLS, every other pose goes to Craig in that call-out with Melvin.