Author Topic: I LOVE IT!!! Pictures and fans don't lie.  (Read 19318 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: I LOVE IT!!! Pictures and fans don't lie.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 09:33:33 PM »
Well first i'd like to say great job getting King in the great shape you did. He really looked a lot better than at the Ironman this year.

I'd say everyone that should've been in the top 10 was there. The top 5 I do agree with, but everything from 6th-10th should be different. I have King at about 8th-9th place. Maybe something in the order of Craig, Marcos, Tarek, King, Hide.

When I said those three are the ones that got robbed, I just meant that if King got robbed then they did too. The only pose I see King beating Craig on is the RLS, every other pose goes to Craig in that call-out with Melvin.

To be honest I don't see Melvin in the top 5. Forget someones name and look at the physique. For example....

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »
King's best shot is the RLS, he looks great in that pose. However, that's the only pose he wins IMO.

Perhaps it's different actually being at the show, but from pictures this is how I see it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »
Really? Here's one of King's huge gut.  ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
I never said anything about his gut(if that was directed at me). His waist looks much smaller than at his last show. Darrem wins both those.

I'm not hating on King bro, i'm just trying to voice my opinion on the situation.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 09:58:06 PM »
I never said anything about his gut(if that was directed at me). His waist looks much smaller than at his last show.

I'm not hating on King bro, i'm just trying to voice my opinion on the situation.

No bro, the gut comment was not towards you at all. We both are stating our opinions so no biggy. In reality we are arguing over which guy looks better in a thong.  :-X  ;D

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 09:59:31 PM »
No bro, the gut comment was not towards you at all. We both are stating our opinions so no biggy. In reality we are arguing over which guy looks better in a thong.  :-X  ;D

hahaha yeah good point

Btw, do you usually carb guys up? 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »
I actually hate comparing like this cause it is nothing personal at all. I like Darrem and Johnny, they are really good guys and always come up and chat with me. This is nothing more than judging them based on what they brought to the show.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
I actually hate comparing like this cause it is nothing personal at all. I like Darrem and Johnny, they are really good guys and always come up and chat with me. This is nothing more than judging them based on what they brought to the show.

Yeah they seem like pretty good guys, I understand.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »
You know here is the odd thing to me. First call out if I am remembering correctly was Melvin, Freeman, Joel, King and Richardson? Johnny was not even in there. Then all of the sudden they start comparing Johhny to the top 3 ? (who was in the first callout)  Freeman had been cleaning up at shows as of late and even though I thought him as not being in as good of shape in the weeks before he still looked pretty good. I didn't have Darrem beating him in the Masters, BUT (and this is a big but) if Freeman had beatin Darrem then Darrem would not have qualified for the Olympia in the open. It would have been Freeman 3rd and Darrem 4th. So the top 3 were guys who up to this show needed to qualify for the Olympia and did on this occasion and coincidentley all of them Muscletech guys.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 10:19:34 PM »
You know here is the odd thing to me. First call out if I am remembering correctly was Melvin, Freeman, Joel, King and Richardson? Johnny was not even in there. Then all of the sudden they start comparing Johhny to the top 3 ? (who was in the first callout)  Freeman had been cleaning up at shows as of late and even though I thought him as not being in as good of shape in the weeks before he still looked pretty good. I didn't have Darrem beating him in the Masters, BUT (and this is a big but) if Freeman had beatin Darrem then Darrem would not have qualified for the Olympia in the open. It would have been Freeman 3rd and Darrem 4th. So the top 3 were guys who up to this show needed to qualify for the Olympia and did on this occasion and coincidentley all of them Muscletech guys.

Well if Toney had got 3rd and Darrem 4th, would they have given Darrem a qualification since Toney's already qualified?

I think if Richardson had more back he'd be a much bigger threat. From the front he looks great.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 10:20:58 PM »
Just a comparison. I got these off of MD this is the only other show that they had of King so that is why I used the Ironman. I think the improvements are a little more apparent when seeing the two shows in similar poses.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 10:23:36 PM »
Well if Toney had got 3rd and Darrem 4th, would they have given Darrem a qualification since Toney's already qualified?

I think if Richardson had more back he'd be a much bigger threat. From the front he looks great.

NOt sure if they would have extended it to 4th place. Yes Richardson looks great. Needs more detail from the rear, but that is diet and wouldn't hurt to have a little more back mass although if leaner would look bigger anyway.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 10:28:15 PM »
Damn impressive changes from the Ironman.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »

Thanks.  :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »

Honestly bro you had to be there. When King walked out the audience immediately saw the changes. You could here the buzz and people were like WTF. HE had a polish that no one else had I attribute that to 2 things. I did NOT use any type of diuretic or cut his water and the magic powder as King likes to call it.  ;D

I realize King still has some weaknesses of course he does. 14 weeks is a long time, but not that long. He needs more quad sweep for one and I bitched him out after the prejudging for forgetting to flex his thighs at times. I lost my voice at the prejudging I was yelling at him so loud. His calves need work too, but they were no worse than a lot of the guys in the top 5 either.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 10:40:34 PM »
Honestly bro you had to be there. When King walked out the audience immediatley saw the changes. You could here the buzz and people were like WTF. HE had a polish that no one else had I attribute that to 2 things. I did NOT use any type of diuretic or cut his water and the magic powder as King likes to call it.  ;D

I realize King still has some weaknesses of course he does. 14 weeks is a long time, but not that long. He needs more quad sweep for one and I bitched him out after the prejudging for forgetting to flex his thighs at times. I lost my voice at the prejudging I was yelling at him so loud. His calves need work too, but they were no worse than a lot of the guys in the top 5 either.

This is one of his biggest flaws. His vastus medialis is huge, but the vastus lateralis is almost non existant in comparison. The calves do need to be bigger, but it seems most bber's these days lack calves so I can't see him losing to anyone for that. It looks like his arms have improved, but on the side chest his tricep seems really flat. Other than that he's got good pecs, good delts, good traps, good back. I just find the quads and arms ruin the whole flow of things.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:11 PM »
This is one of his biggest flaws. His vastus medialis is huge, but the vastus lateralis is almost non existant in comparison. The calves do need to be bigger, but it seems most bber's these days lack calves. It looks like his arms have improved, but on the side chest his tricep seems really flat. Other than that he's got good pecs, good delts, good traps, good back. I just find the quads and arms ruin the whole flow of things.

I can agree and there are ways to make these improvements and that will be done! and no not synthol or I would have just slammed it in there for this show.  ;D Take a look at the comparison pics and be honest. Would some of these guys be able to currently win the Nationals?

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 05:55:19 AM »
Okay guys. I see what's happening here and I understand why. This is a subjective sport and only 1 percent of the 1 percent got a chance to be there in person to see the competition live and in the flesh. Going by pictures is what most if not all are going by and that's just the way its been from day one. Everyone has their opinions (his calves are small, he needs more back size, the other guy was harder, etc....) and that's just the nature of the sport, but, you guys are missing the point. The winner, Melvin has no calves, a smooth ass and hams, a weak lat spread, etc.. and Darrem has no hams, soft from the back, too small, etc... do you see my point? it's subjective, I could go on and on about every bodybuilder on that stage. Judging bodybuilding contests has many, many dimensions and once you put all these factors into place you have a winner. I had 6 or 7 family members in the audience so it's not like there were 100+ people cheering section for me. When I came out for the first time on Saturday the place went crazy with an amazing pulse and energy. Every pose I hit the energy just kept building and building until people were on their feet and pumping their fists. it was an amazing moment and I will Cherish it for a very long time. I am honest with my critique of myself and from the pictures and the comparisons I participated in I should be either 3rd or 4th in the 2008 AC Pro.. THIS IS MY OPINION. I'm sure there are many of you who still believe from the bottom of your hearts that Cutler was the deserving winner of the Olympia last year but I'm also just as sure that many of you had Victor winning... It goes on and on. Let's just look at the facts, I was much improved, in fantastic condition, polished and very crisp on stage, had one of if not the best 90 second routine there, my posing routine was one of if not the best in show, the obvious crowd favorite, got the first call out, and earned the respect of a lot of haters. I did my job and I did it well. 6th place is a non factor and I mean that. My inbox is over loaded with fan mail and my phone has been blowing up non stop since Saturday night... What does all this mean? It means I must have done something special. I had a great time and achieved a look that no one thought possible without using insulin and diuretics. Remember folks, this is suppose to be fun and the day it's not, will be time to take up golf. Jim is a true master of the science of bodybuilding and my best friend.. Thanks to Jim and the rest of you for all your support...

This picture is my personal favorite.. I can remember the audience chanting my name.. One of the best moments of my bodybuilding career.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 06:09:41 AM »
dude... melvin kills you right there.... be honest with yourself, you arms are not at pair... i had you 8 th or 9th... not being a hater... just being honest...

brudge

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 06:33:52 AM »
Melvin beat you and others because of his symmetry and balance. It was by far the best in the show. He could have showed up in worse shape and still won easily. He has outstanding genetics, small joints, round muscle bellies, small waist, etc.

There's no question you were in good shape, but your structure, and genetics are not at a level to compete with the top tier guys anymore.

I had you in 7th

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 08:14:17 AM »
Point Proven by the last three posts. I have photo shoots, interviews, and other business matters to get to but I will respond to them to put this matter to bed.

alejandro_torres: By your response it is obvious that you are a kid so I will cut you some slack. I've beaten Melvin before many times in IFBB Pro Competition. You are talking about arms?! In my opinion and many many others I crush Melvin in this pose.. Again, it's an opinion. Marcus Ruhl has arms that are 2.5 inches bigger than Melvin and have over all better shape to the muscle.. Does that make him better? Done.

brudge: Melvin does have amazing shape and symmetry and he did show up at the AC Pro last year in "worse" condition and got his ass handed to him by many people. He also showed up at the AC this year in "worse" shape and also got beat by a lot of people.. So you are wrong and I just proved it. My structure just beat alot of great bodybuilders and if you look at the score sheet I was ahead of some of the people that placed ahead of me.. So you have been proven wrong again. David Henry who is an IFBB champion has all the attributes you mentioned and I beat him at the Ironman Pro at my "worse".. So once again you are wrong. 2 years a go at Montreal I beat Dennis Wolf and he is top tier... so once again you are wrong.. end of lesson.

jaejonna: You are lint.. see you soon.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 08:23:28 AM »
Melvin is the most overrated pro on the scene, i've said that for years, he is small, soft and narrow without absolutely nothing standing out like a very small Cormier, King destroyed him at this show on size, width and condition, King and Marcos got ripped off so bad they should file a report.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 08:30:47 AM »
Point Proven by the last three posts. I have photo shoots, interviews, and other business matters to get to but I will respond to them to put this matter to bed.

alejandro_torres: By your response it is obvious that you are a kid so I will cut you some slack. I've beaten Melvin before many times in IFBB Pro Competition. You are talking about arms?! In my opinion and many many others I crush Melvin in this pose.. Again, it's an opinion. Marcus Ruhl has arms that are 2.5 inches bigger than Melvin and have over all better shape to the muscle.. Does that make him better? Done.

brudge: Melvin does have amazing shape and symmetry and he did show up at the AC Pro last year in "worse" condition and got his ass handed to him by many people. He also showed up at the AC this year in "worse" shape and also got beat by a lot of people.. So you are wrong and I just proved it. My structure just beat alot of great bodybuilders and if you look at the score sheet I was ahead of some of the people that placed ahead of me.. So you have been proven wrong again. David Henry who is an IFBB champion has all the attributes you mentioned and I beat him at the Ironman Pro at my "worse".. So once again you are wrong. 2 years a go at Montreal I beat Dennis Wolf and he is top tier... so once again you are wrong.. end of lesson.

jaejonna: You are lint.. see you soon.
king, bro, don't even try to convince people on getbig of anything  ::)
it's like getting donkeys to do math....it aint gonna happen
they are all know it all, and feel like they should say crap about other people's physique even though they look like shit  ::)