Author Topic: Behold 240  (Read 3862 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Behold 240
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »
Which was not the point of the invasion, but since its broken the back of AQ, sure great job Mr President.
what was the point of the invasion?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 03:22:47 PM »
The original stated purpose was to remove the threat possed by Saddam. The case was made that he had WMD's and could or would use them again on his neighbors or allow them to fall into the hands of terrorists. Based on recent history and his use of WMD's this was a possibility. The US along with just about every interl service world wide thought he might have em. The WMD's were not there.

I would make a case that our intent was to remove Saddam in order to secure the free flow of oil, and to protect friendly Western governments in the area. It would also serve to isolate Iran and Syria, who really bother much of the rest of the Middle East.

We've managed to do that to some extent as well as crush much of AQ. They are regrouping in Pakistan, but we appear to be going after them there as well.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
Which was not the point of the invasion, but since its broken the back of AQ, sure great job Mr President.

Oh ya, I forgot... the point of the invasion was to ...get WMD's, ... no it was regime change, ...no it was to rescue Iraqi's, ...nope, ...that wasn't it either, ...it was to fight them over there so they wouldn't have to fight them inthe USA, ...nope, ...it was to spread democracy, ...it was because Saddam once tried to kill bush's daddy, ...it was to get Iraqi oil, ...nope it was to surround Iran, ...nope it was to enrich Cheney and Halliburton, ... nope it was to reduce the numbers of US citizens could could possibly draw upon social securitty in the years to come, ...nope it was to enrich investors in The Carlysle Group, ...ah hell, ...who the heck knows why Bush invaded?

broken the back of AQ. The NIE claims AQ is as strong as it was prior to 2001, and that instead of operating in 6 countries, ...it's now operating in 80+.

Now I know the point of the invasion, ...it was to fertilize and grown terrorists, and other religious extremists, so they could in turn radicalize other terrorists, wouldbe terrorists, and religious extremists all over the world in order to ready them for that final battle the religious extremists in the USA are all creaming their jeans over.

thanks HH6, ...now I get it. It was all designed to bring about Armageddon!
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 03:29:02 PM »
Jag ur in no position to know whats going on in Iraq, none whats so ever. Its pointless arguing with u because u have no baseline experience or information. Ur in no position to know and have zero access. U get ur info from the net.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 03:37:04 PM »
Jag ur in no position to know whats going on in Iraq, none whats so ever. Its pointless arguing with u because u have no baseline experience or information. Ur in no position to know and have zero access. U get ur info from the net.

Correction - She lives in Canada and according to her, she has more resources to information than the Average American. Some sort of new internet, for those that are not restricted to a constitution.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 03:40:40 PM »
Next time we have a secure Video teleconfrence with P4 or Gen Ordeirno from Iraq I'll make sure Jag is piped in.  ::)
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 07:23:33 AM »
first red flag is see is the fact that airport security was always run by private companies. so how did they get federal aid? they didnt. screening of checked baggage didnt start until 2003 after the TSA was created. bill clintons initiatives were just that. most of these didnt actually happen.
You are pulling these statements of yours out of thin air. 

The republicans tried to kill the Clinton anti-terrorism bill b/c they put party ahead of country...to all our detriment unfortunately.

http://epic.org/privacy/terrorism/WH_fact_sheet_10_96.html

Airport security got federal aid b/c Clinton was a leader in battling terrorism.  He made it so.  The republicans tried to scuttle the bill but they ended up compromising.

Go to that link that I posted and look at the provisions of the law.  If you can tell me that the law was not followed, then we have a problem with our government.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 07:28:37 AM »

And yet we still got attacked on 911...we got the Cole...we got Bin Laden saying we're weak. Bush is the only one that ever did anything. Clinton threw money and tomahawks...Bush dropped rangers and Seals on him.
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."   --Pres. Bush

"I don't know where he is. I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him." --Pres. Bush

"Deep in my heart I know the man's on the run, if he's alive at all...I just don't spend much time on it, really, to be honest with you." --Pres. Bush

And who disbanded the CIA unit dedicated to finding bin Laden?

Hint: It wasn't Bill Clinton.

Now what were you saying about Bush's leadership in battling terrorism?

This is an argument you can't win HH.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 07:34:41 AM »
Dude...Clinton did nothing, he tried to throw money at the problem. He never sent troops, he sent a few tomahawks. Decker the CIA unit tasked with hunting Bin Laden has morphed into a much larger and to u Libs, scarier unit. Thats all u get on that.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 07:38:07 AM »
Dude...Clinton did nothing, he tried to throw money at the problem. He never sent troops, he sent a few tomahawks. Decker the CIA unit tasked with hunting Bin Laden has morphed into a much larger and to u Libs, scarier unit. Thats all u get on that.
I've debunked the "Clinton did nothing about terrorism" trope many times.

If the president of the USA, Commander in Chief of the military says that OBL is not a priority anymore, is that good leadership on battling terrorism?

For the record, OBL was the hub of a conspiracy that culminated with 4 jetliners taking down the twin towers killing 3000 americans.

He is not a priority to Bush.

Is that good leadership in battling terrorism, yes or no?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 07:46:33 AM »
OBL was a conspiracy hub..meaning he didn't do it.
Decker all u gave us was a list. Clinton did nothing, what did he do.....he spent money.
How do u know he isn't a top priority...where have u been and who have u talked to, besides what u've read on the net, that tells u this. We're hunting him, raids into pakistan since 05 have been directed at getting him. Priority shifted as things in Iraq got out of control....other folks in AQ were more important. Killing or capturing operational commanders became more importnat during 06-07. TF 19,the SOF guys tasked to get him were shifted to hunting the top AQI guys. They got them so their mission to get Bin Laden is back on. There are other organizations, including the supposedly "disbanded" CIA unit that are trying to find him.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 08:22:45 AM »
OBL was a conspiracy hub..meaning he didn't do it.
Decker all u gave us was a list. Clinton did nothing, what did he do.....he spent money.
How do u know he isn't a top priority...where have u been and who have u talked to, besides what u've read on the net, that tells u this. We're hunting him, raids into pakistan since 05 have been directed at getting him. Priority shifted as things in Iraq got out of control....other folks in AQ were more important. Killing or capturing operational commanders became more importnat during 06-07. TF 19,the SOF guys tasked to get him were shifted to hunting the top AQI guys. They got them so their mission to get Bin Laden is back on. There are other organizations, including the supposedly "disbanded" CIA unit that are trying to find him.
"Conspiracy", in legal parlance, is the agreement btn two or more people to commit a crime.

Clinton focused like a laser on battling terrorism.  Bush did not.

How do I know OBL is not a top priority?  Didn't you see these words of President Bush?

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."   --Pres. Bush

"I don't know where he is. I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him." --Pres. Bush

"Deep in my heart I know the man's on the run, if he's alive at all...I just don't spend much time on it, really, to be honest with you." --Pres. Bush

Do those statements sound like a guy who is interested in catching the terrorist responsible for the attacks of 9/11?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
He focused like a laser...ur kidding right. USS Cole...two smoking embassies, the pull-out in Somalia.  Had he done anything to focus like a laser none of this crap, including 911 would have happened, Nice try Decker. The two missing buildings in NYC should end that argument.  The mission to plan 911 took years...Bush was in office 9 months.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »
Q: Where did all the missing thermite go?

The two missing buildings in NYC should end that argument. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »
He focused like a laser...ur kidding right. USS Cole...two smoking embassies, the pull-out in Somalia.  Had he done anything to focus like a laser none of this crap, including 911 would have happened, Nice try Decker. The two missing buildings in NYC should end that argument.  The mission to plan 911 took years...Bush was in office 9 months.
Leadership is not attacking countries just for the sake of a military response to a terrorist act.  The world doesn't work that way...unless we have a manifest criminal at the helm of the presidency like we do with Bush.

Only 9 months in office?  Please, that's practically 1/4th of his term.  How long should the terrorists have waited to attack...till the 3rd year so an obviously underqualified president can grow into the job?

Sorry HH, it's the big chair.  And Bush's miserable pre-9/11 showing proved he was not and is not qualified to sit there.

The 2 missing buildings in NYC happened b/c Clinton failed and Bush really failed--he completely ignored terrorism as an issue of import even though he was warned by the outgoing Clinton administration, the CIA and the FBI that terrorist chatter is growing and something is going to happen.

Bush did nothing!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:50 AM »
Your assertion that Clinton only spent money is inaccurate.

By the same logic you use, You could say BUSH has only spent money.  Lots of it and still hasn't got OBL.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »
Clinton did nothing...Bush invaded Afghanistan to actually get the bad guys.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 09:01:19 AM »

dude if bush was so bad why is his approval rating the lowest in history

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 09:04:03 AM »
If Bush was so good u mean.....the economy is tanking. Congress the same way.....economy is tanking.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 09:07:28 AM »

He invaded after what catastrophic attack?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 09:11:34 AM »
I don't know, two smoldering US embassies and a huge hole in one of our ships ought to generate a response.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »

He hasn't gotten them in 7 years.

Seriously, I think Dog the Bounty Hunter could have gotten osama by now. 

unless of course, as the rest of the world believes, he's already dead...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:57 AM »
I don't know, two smoldering US embassies and a huge hole in one of our ships ought to generate a response.

Like a full invasion?