Author Topic: Why soccer should be banned from existence  (Read 3725 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Why soccer should be banned from existence
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »
I lived in the states for a while and I enjoyed watching NFL and college football and still enjoy it but the time outs and bullshit fuck me off because it felt like it had no flow. The best thing I enjoyed was the atmosphere of a game and it was affordable too unlike the premiership where its £50 for a seat nowadays.

Bottom line is people from their respective countries will defend their national sports to the last and that aint going to change.........by the way all that padding and shit is for queers try Rugby on for size lol ;)
you'd be surprised what Tivo and DVR can do, tape the game and fast forward through penalties, breaks and commercials.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 04:38:10 PM »
I lived in the states for a while and I enjoyed watching NFL and college football and still enjoy it but the time outs and bullshit fuck me off because it felt like it had no flow. The best thing I enjoyed was the atmosphere of a game and it was affordable too unlike the premiership where its £50 for a seat nowadays.

Bottom line is people from their respective countries will defend their national sports to the last and that aint going to change.........by the way all that padding and shit is for queers try Rugby on for size lol ;)

Agreed on all counts. American football is not heroic. Or masculine.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »
you'd be surprised what Tivo and DVR can do, tape the game and fast forward through penalties, breaks and commercials.

You trying to tell me your national sport is built around fucking tivo. Like I said before its a great game to watch live but it is hard to get into with all the stopping and starting. I guess the same could be said for the premiership when some of these players go down with the slightest knock, fucking hell you would think they had been taken out by SAS snipers the way some of them carry on. Its not like back in the day thats for sure lol.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »
You trying to tell me your national sport is built around fucking tivo. Like I said before its a great game to watch live but it is hard to get into with all the stopping and starting. I guess the same could be said for the premiership when some of these players go down with the slightest knock, fucking hell you would think they had been taken out by SAS snipers the way some of them carry on. Its not like back in the day thats for sure lol.
most games i watch live but sometimes if there are two or three college games i want to see i'll tape one of them on my DVR and watch it later.

Harley Buckshot

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Dismembered and molested
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »
quaker, r u suggesting this guy isnt too worried about what suckadickaretteman thinks?

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »
haha typical Cockfather thread; when proven wrong resort to name calling. The funny thing is that you dont have the right to make fun of anyone.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 05:02:30 PM »
quaker, r u suggesting this guy isnt too worried about what suckadickaretteman thinks?
hahahhaa, you better watch out or he'll come back with how some 163 pound tiny shorts wearing, hairy legged twink is a much better athlete than him. ;D

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »
oh and btw why should soccer be banned Tre? Its your fellow African Brothas who should be put down.

Harley Buckshot

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
haha typical Cockfather thread; when proven wrong resort to name calling. The funny thing is that you dont have the right to make fun of anyone.
whether is quaker saying this, george bush or britney spears - it doesnt matter. American Football > soccer. Period.

i know i know.. soccer takes "skill" ::)

Let me see-- 40 little 160 lb queers running around pulling hair kicking a ball around the field, or watching helmets flying and bones breaking. Tough one

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »
Football (soccer) > Rugby > American Football

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 05:15:52 PM »
whether is quaker saying this, george bush or britney spears - it doesnt matter. American Football > soccer. Period.

Let me see-- 40 little 160 lb queers running around pulling hair kicking a ball around the field, or watching helmets flying and bones breaking. Tough one

No a bunch of overweight fucks shoving each other to move a ball one yard is thrilling. Truth is im not a soccer fan myself and i dont care for football either. I just wanted to point out this fat dipshits way of winning arguments by resorting to name calling.  ::)

Harley Buckshot

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 05:17:46 PM »

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 05:19:09 PM »

When you put it like that it dont sound too much like a sport.

Harley Buckshot

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 05:20:33 PM »
ok............. "ruffneck" ::)

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
 :'( now look what you have done.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 05:29:59 PM »
  Excuse me, but American football is actually far more boring than "soccer". American football has interuptions every minute or so and the players just charge against each other trying to win ground and then they stop to rest. How is this "athletic"? And no one cares about American football but Americans. No one plays it outside the U.S and Canada, and even in Canada it takes a back seat to hokey. Just compare the Superbowl to the World Cup: the Superbowl is watched by 200 million people, whislt the World Cup is wtached by 4 billlion people. 'That's 20 times more people who watch "soccer" than your boring "football".

In football, almost every play means something.

In soccer, almost every play means nothing.

The fact that 4 billion people would rather watch soccer than football only proves our superiority, because soccer is the best they can do - they aren't sophisticated enough to understand football.     

Hope this helps.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »

Wow, how classy. Did your mommy forget to wash your potty mouth today, litte boy? You have shown yourseld to a true American red neck traler trash. Congratulations! :)

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 05:32:26 PM »
Tre what do you consider a "play" in soccer?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 05:32:36 PM »

In America, we can make fun of whomever the hell we want. 

That's freedom!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »
Tre what do you consider a "play" in soccer?

A long ball.  *yawn*

A corner kick....most times *yawn*.

Harley Buckshot

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »
  Wow, how classy. Did your mommy forget to wash your potty mouth today, litte boy? You have shown yourseld to a true American red neck traler trash. Congratulations! :)

you are one to speak of classiness eh "Cigaretteman"  ::)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »
In football, almost every play means something.

In soccer, almost every play means nothing.

The fact that 4 billion people would rather watch soccer than football only proves our superiority, because soccer is the best they can do - they aren't sophisticated enough to understand football.     

Hope this helps.

That is a nice spin on it. I just find it hard to believe that the pretzel eating, beer guzzling, foul language speaking Americans who attend football matches are that sophisticated. Or at least more sophisticated than the average "soccer" fan. ;)

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 05:35:50 PM »
Ahh right, just curious thats all.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »
As soon as I read 'Republic of Congo' I already knew where this was going... many of the tribes in the congo still believe in and practice cannibalism... 'nuff said, that part of the world should be nuked and turned into a nice vacation resort.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
soccer or I should say football is one of the best sports in the world.