Author Topic: A supplement like Creatine to aid in longer workouts  (Read 20963 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
A supplement like Creatine to aid in longer workouts
« on: September 16, 2008, 02:10:09 AM »
I've been doing some study into Creatine and found that it aids in the shorter workouts of around 1-6 reps, and then drops off in its effectiveness, due to the ATP/PC energy system being taken over by the Lactic Acid system. So, Creatine as a supplement isn't entirely as benefitial as it could be for hypertropy in the 10-12 rep range.

I was curious if there is a supplement or drug that would aid in sets once the ATP/PC stores have finished their work and the Lactic Acid energy system takes over?

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
Re: A supplement like Creatine to aid in longer workouts
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:16:46 AM »
What are you really asking for? A supplement that improves the enzymatic reactions to breakdown glucose and glycogen into ATP?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 04:30:57 AM »
Just do some steroids.
G

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 06:22:32 AM »
What are you really asking for? A supplement that improves the enzymatic reactions to breakdown glucose and glycogen into ATP?

What I'm asking for is if there is a supplement that can provide longer-lasting muscle glycogen to aid in ATP reformation during resistance training exercise of 10 - 12 reps. Basically, to make me stronger for longer, when the PC stores have all but run out.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 07:25:26 AM »
yea beta alanine is what your looking for, do some research on it.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »
Interesting, thanks flex:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18548362

I'm now curious if there is a drug or supplement that can work in aiding endurance aswell as boosting natural endocrine responses to resitance training. That would be the perfect natural drug, right? ;)

dustin

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 06:45:29 PM »
Interesting, thanks flex:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18548362

I'm now curious if there is a drug or supplement that can work in aiding endurance aswell as boosting natural endocrine responses to resitance training. That would be the perfect natural drug, right? ;)

Don't overanalyze things so much. Beta alanine is something that'd interest you, but you're not going to find anything too much better than creatine and beta alanine, all things considered.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »
Don't overanalyze things so much. Beta alanine is something that'd interest you, but you're not going to find anything too much better than creatine and beta alanine, all things considered.

Analysation is one of the things that will help anyone understand anything. As it relates to supplementation and nutritional responses to exercise, it's crucial to analyse things to maximise development. There are so many supplements out there and most people only know the bare minimum of what they do - let alone if they even have an effect on the people who take them. For a natural, I find it interesting to see what can be done to get the most out of my BBing experience. I bet there's more than beta alanine and I aim to find it. :)

dustin

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 01:39:38 PM »
Analysation is one of the things that will help anyone understand anything. As it relates to supplementation and nutritional responses to exercise, it's crucial to analyse things to maximise development. There are so many supplements out there and most people only know the bare minimum of what they do - let alone if they even have an effect on the people who take them. For a natural, I find it interesting to see what can be done to get the most out of my BBing experience. I bet there's more than beta alanine and I aim to find it. :)

I can appreciate that. I'm just trying to remind you that while something may sound fruitful on paper, there are tons of mitigating factors in real life that you need to consider as well. There are many supplements that should be like steroids or even better, but in real life they have nearly zero effect.

I used to research things up the wazoo but now I just stick to the basics. There are a few exotic supplements out there that'll give you a marginal edge, but beyond creatine and beta alanine there isn't much. I used to receive tons of free product from various companies and I've tried everything under the sun. There are some great pre workout products and whatnot, but there's nothing too spectacular. And if you're looking at the science of the matter, nothing has more science than creatine and caffeine. They're both great on paper and in practice. Beta alanine is also getting a lot of scientific exposure and in real life, it performs just as well as what you'll read in the studies. Beyond that, there's a lot of shifty shit to read through. A lot of it is nothing like what'll happen in real life, sadly enough.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 07:17:43 PM »
yea beta alanine is what your looking for, do some research on it.
I agree on the beta alanine. It's been clinically shown to aid in endurance reps.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »
Beef...
S

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
Beta Alanine or Taurine stack great with Creatine.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 01:23:02 PM »
Coffee