Author Topic: Palin's Favorability Ratings Begin to Falter  (Read 4575 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Palin's Favorability Ratings Begin to Falter
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 10:05:07 PM »
McCain is famous for getting sodomized as a pow for 5 years

Obama has pretty much earned everything in his life. McCain is where he is because he's an admiral's son.
Do you think Obama took advantage of affirmative action?

It you're happy now, vote mccain.
If you're not, vote Obama.

It's that simple.
Maybe not that simple, there will be more names on the ballet, won't there?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 10:25:41 PM »

Do you know what Affirmative Action is? No, not at all. He was top of his class at Harvard Law, President of the Harvard law Review, so where would he go get a job where he wasn't qualified and they "pushed him through" when someone else was more qualified than him...??? His "man job" was a Constitutional law Professor, and a Civil Rights Attorney, so did he only get the job because he was black? With that resume, I think not...

Yes there will be more names, vote for them, and you are voting for the same, since that "vote" wont do anything to change our country, but it is your right to vote for someone who wont get in office.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 10:28:02 PM »

Do you know what Affirmative Action is? No, not at all. He was top of his class at Harvard Law, President of the Harvard law Review, so where would he go get a job where he wasn't qualified and they "pushed him through" when someone else was more qualified than him...??? His "man job" was a Constitutional law Professor, and a Civil Rights Attorney, so did he only get the job because he was black? With that resume, I think not...

I keep seeing Harvard this and Harvard that, how'd he end up at Harvard?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 10:39:55 PM »

I dont know, but its kinda dumb for you to ASSume he got in because he has a black dad.  If you DON'T have the grades and the right letters of Rec. from professors at his IVY league Undergrad school, you DONT get in. PERIOD and graduating "Top of your class" shows you belonged...

People who get into HARVARD either
A- Are qualified
B- get in like bush did, on his daddy's name.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 11:36:27 PM »

Obama never needed affirmative action.  He made straight A's through high school and graduated from Harvard with highest honors. 

Affirmative action is not really regulated anymore so its a null subject.
A

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 11:57:58 PM »
The truth hurts.   She's lying about a lot of things, she's dodging the troopergate investigation by refusing to testify after she said she would.  

The more people learn about her, the more they realize she's hot, but she's a religious nutbag who isn't experienced enough to run the most powerful nation on earth.
I live in thailand most of my life and looking at america you guys are just idiots that think your the most powerful nation on earth, but in all honesty we USE you guys for everything possible and you guys fall for it.  I lived in florida a republican state and live in arizona so I been around the world my fiend you on the other hand just hang out in florida and wait for the tampa bbing shows.  ::)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2008, 12:27:39 AM »
 but she's a religious nutbag who isn't experienced enough to run the most powerful nation on earth.
[/quote]

Is she running for office in China?

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2008, 12:34:15 AM »
but she's a religious nutbag who isn't experienced enough to run the most powerful nation on earth.

Is she running for office in China?

We are still the most powerful, we could turn china into glass in 45 seconds...  But they are a economic powerhouse for sure...

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2008, 12:39:15 AM »

We are still the most powerful, we could turn china each other into glass in 45 seconds...  But they are a economic powerhouse for sure...

fixed

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 02:49:07 AM »
uhh...Graduating from Columbia University with Honors usually helps with that.  ::)

I live in thailand most of my life and looking at america you guys are just idiots that think your the most powerful nation on earth, but in all honesty we USE you guys for everything possible and you guys fall for it.  I lived in florida a republican state and live in arizona so I been around the world my fiend you on the other hand just hang out in florida and wait for the tampa bbing shows.  ::)
Got something to say under your gh15 handle, bro?
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 03:42:31 AM »

My brother went to the Ivy Leagues and all he got from a few white classmates was the "affirmative action". Get they were pissed he did better than them, which he did.

He got in on merit. Also got where he is today 15 years later on merit, with a touch of racism tossed at him along the way by morons of course.

Anyone recall how much they said that about the Williams sister and Tiger Woods years ago? Wonder how being black made them have careers for years where they won over and over and over.

Whenever black folk do anything well initially in a typically white domain - someone screams affirmative action.

Shame that the American culture is so often so obsessed with race, they simply cannot see the person.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 03:56:15 AM »
My brother went to the Ivy Leagues and all he got from a few white classmates was the "affirmative action". Get they were pissed he did better than them, which he did.

He got in on merit. Also got where he is today 15 years later on merit, with a touch of racism tossed at him along the way by morons of course.

Anyone recall how much they said that about the Williams sister and Tiger Woods years ago? Wonder how being black made them have careers for years where they won over and over and over.

Whenever black folk do anything well initially in a typically white domain - someone screams affirmative action.

Shame that the American culture is so often so obsessed with race, they simply cannot see the person.

old habits die hard

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 05:27:38 AM »

Settle down "CQ", the examples you gave are for sports.......completely different. I don't doubt he did it on his own merit, I'm just stirring shit, like everyone else throwing out crap about every other candidate.

.........someone said he got straight A's in HS, how do we know this is true? How did he end up at Columbia University? Graduated with  Honors in what?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2008, 05:29:18 AM »
Even if they fall 10 pts, she will still be way ahead of Obama and Biden.  The Washington outsider will take it to them.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »
.........someone said he got straight A's in HS, how do we know this is true? How did he end up at Columbia University? Graduated with  Honors in what?
Geez bro, do some of your own research.  ::) Obama majored in Political Science with a specialization in International Relations at Columbia.
His high school grades...who cares?  ???
!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2008, 06:22:56 AM »
When asked about her lack of foreign policy credentials, her answer to Charlie Gibson was something like "I believe that my energy experience helps with..."

I worked for almost 2 years at a college career center.  I've practice-interviewed hundreds of kids preparing for REAL job interviews.

Anytime you ask a question about topic A, and they respond with "I believe my "experience" with Topic B will help...", it's a direct signal they don't know shit about topic A.

The Putins of this world aren't stupid.  Her experience in unsuccessfully pimping an oil pipeline doesn't make her prepared for an oil crisis, financial meltdown, housing market, etc.

As much as I hated the guy, I sure do miss Mitt Romney right now.  He's strong with the economy, and she's not.

I really miss Tim Russert. he would have had this lady pinned with hard questions, she would run her ass back to Alaska. R.I.P, Russert

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2008, 07:30:12 AM »

Obama never needed affirmative action.  He made straight A's through high school and graduated from Harvard with highest honors. 

Now let's compare this to the current presidents scholastic record... 

I really hate people like George Bush, to come into this world with a silver spoon in your mouth, and just be a fuck up all the way through. A poor student in college. Bankrupting every company he ever headed. Killing the value of the dollar around the world to line the pockets of his sleazy, slimey friends. Basically just GIVEN everything to him since birth.

Now compare it to a guy like Barack Obama. He came from basically nothing (especially when compared to Bush) and Graduated from Harvard with Highest Honors!

I go out to East Texas to visit family members and to listen to the names that people who have 5% of his intelligence call him, it really makes me lose faith in this country.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »
Barack does not seem to be the type of person who needed affirmative action to be where he is.  He is intelligent and very motivated. 
I hope they abandon affirmative action very soon.  Its a double edge sword for minorities.  I have also directly seen it hurt people in several instances.  In awarding federal gov contracts (and any federal job), they give significant preferential treatment to minority owned companies and hire minority leaders.  I've also seen this with medical school entrance committees where they are told to lower the entrance standards for minority students compared to all others.  I would love to see Barack strike this from law now.  I see the historical intent and history of injustice, but things have become more complicated now.  Who really is a minority?  With all the race mixing in America, what % hispanic or black must they be?  Whites will no longer be the majority in 25yrs.  What about immigrants of other countries?  How about poor non-black/non-hispanics who grew up in the same communities?  Poor muslims?  Why continue to fight racism with racism?  If AA is removed then no non-minorities can cry affirmative action and minorities can be proud they were the best person for the job.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »
In fairness, several Obama ads have distorted truths.  CNN called them on 4 different ads last night.  Thats a lot of distortion IMO.  They both do it, neither is above the other.  In listening to Barack, he criticizes McCain directly much more than the reverse.

I would have been more comfortable with a Romney choice as well, particularly in this climate.  None of the 4 of them are economic experts...hope they have good advisors.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »
Yes, Newsweek is VERY liberal. The I think 12 staff writers, 10 are liberal/Dems and 2 are Republican. Guess which ones get put to the back of the bus?

If you don't like biased news commentary, then why do you spend so much time idolizing Rush?
w

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »
If you don't like biased news commentary, then why do you spend so much time idolizing Rush?

its only biased if it leans in the wrong direction......

thats why he loves rush....people like that flock together...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2008, 11:24:48 AM »

Yes there will be more names, vote for them, and you are voting for the same, since that "vote" wont do anything to change our country, but it is your right to vote for someone who wont get in office.

He was made President of the Law Review because certain people complained that there was no diversity in the organization. The Boston Globe cronicled it several months ago. He was never a professor, he taught a course. He never tried any cases...all of this was part time as well. This guy hasn't had a full time job for 4 straight years, in his life.
L