Author Topic: King Kamali - wants to see the original scoresheet from the AC!  (Read 4804 times)

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
King Kamali - wants to see the original scoresheet from the AC!
« on: September 16, 2008, 07:46:42 PM »
King is complaining about some scoresheet the expeditor had and how he wants to see the one with his name circled. What's up with this and are you checking on it?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Question for Chick
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »
King is complaining about some score sheet the expeditor had and how he wants to see the one with his name circled. What's up with this and are you checking on it?

If King contacts me and wants it looked into...I'll be more than happy to. I have not heard from King on the matter.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »
I texted King while he was backstage to find out and he said that he was in the top 5 so he would not be right out. After I would say a little more than 30 min he came out as I was in the lobby. I said what's up and he just rolled his eyes. After we got back to the room he said that as soon as he walked off stage he was told by the expediter that he was in the top 5.

After about 30 min or so later the expediter came back to him and said sorry King I made a mistake you are not in the top 5. Now, since King saw that his name was marked or circled then it was not the expediter that made a mistake, but someone else. I sure as hell have no idea how a "mistake"  like that could have been made. I also would like to know if this "mistake" affected anyone elses placings. I'll bet we will never know.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
If King contacts me and wants it looked into...I'll be more than happy to. I have not heard from King on the matter.

Bob, please keep an eye out for people calling King names like "poor Loser" and "bad Sport".

They're saying some mean things about him, and it's completely uncalled for.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »
I text King while he was backstage to find out and he said that he was in the top 5 so he would not be right out. After I would say a little more than 30 min he came out as I was in the lobby. I said what's up and he just rolled his eyes. After we got back to the room he said that as soon as he walked off stage he was told by the expediter that he was in the top 5. After about 30 min or so later the expediter came back to him and said sorry King I made a mistake you are not in the top 5. Now, since King saw that his name was marked or circled then it was not the expediter that made a mistake, but someone else. I sure as hell have no idea how a "mistake"  like that could have been made. I also would like to know if this "mistake" affected anyone elses placings. I'll bet we will never know.

The mistake was that he thought he had a chance, nothing more nothing less.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:37:54 AM »
King is deluded. He was lucky to place where he did. Represents all that is wrong with modern pro bodybuilding.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 04:41:45 AM »

its TRUE, king is one of very FEW that are able to STEW the KNEW YOU while using anger to conquer and SCREW any self BLUE

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 04:44:09 AM »
its TRUE, king is one of very FEW that are able to STEW the KNEW YOU while using anger to conquer and SCREW any self BLUE

I agree with YOU, and what you say is TRUE. King had a FEW, perhaps hes career is THROUGH.
No doubt about it...

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 04:47:15 AM »
I agree with YOU, and what you say is TRUE. King had a FEW, perhaps hes career is THROUGH.

i PROCLAIM king's anger does not SHAME; it sets himself AFLAME and he accepts all the BLAME for his mass GAME and he will never TAME as he would see this as very LAME trying to build his train wreck FRAME

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 05:16:37 AM »
we love to heap shit on King right

BUT, he seems kind of genuine in what he's saying about this issue

maybe the score card incident did happen, but was a mistake.....still, that's some screwed up incompetence

Say the official did approach King and then came back 30 min later with a "opps, sorry, you're not top 5 like i said you were"

How could it get to that?.....arent checks made....aren't double-checks made....where's the quality assurance in all of this?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 09:56:50 AM »

maybe the score card incident did happen, but was a mistake.....still, that's some screwed up incompetence

Say the official did approach King and then came back 30 min later with a "opps, sorry, you're not top 5 like i said you were"

How could it get to that?.....arent checks made....aren't double-checks made....where's the quality assurance in all of this?

Exactly, and who caught the error, who was not told they were in the top 5 and then later tracked down to be told that they were. Doesn't matter whether King got 4th 5th or 6th to me, there is a bigger picture here. As far as finding out how this happened, you would have a better chance of pissing in the wind and staying dry.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 04:47:38 AM »
I agree...it's done and dusted.....that original card is history....never happened

What I'd be worried about is that the Atalntic Pro placing was a statement by the powers that be....as in, you dont get our better judgement anymore....you've had your run and you've had good look ins...we've given you more than your fair share over the years, but your time is up....

I dont know....dude loves BB....let him go....but lets be objectional....he's on the descent in his career....you cant beat youth and fresh talent that is just as good and even better....better to know when to call it quits and move onto the rest of your life....

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: King Kamali - wants to see the original scoresheet from the AC!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 09:54:18 AM »
for godsake, who cares if his name was circled or not?  he didn't make the top 5.  learn to live with it and STOP WHINING AND MAKING EXCUSES AFTER EVERY SINGLE CONTEST YOU ENTER.

jesus christ this man is a loser x10 and then squared.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 10:27:56 AM »

Should the officials even be sharing the placings mid-contest before the final placings are announced?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 10:55:14 AM »
Guys,

Some of you have been insinuating that King was being pissy backstage, being on the cusp of top 5, and was being annoying to the official about "this bullshit not being told either way" deal.

So, he was appeased with an answer of "settle down, you'll do fine, don't leave yet" from an official who was just tired of hearing this shit but didn't know the exact top 5 results, but didn't want to be under the spotlight if King melted or ran to the judges demanding to know the answer.

It's just nonsense for people to think that way.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »
Even if the original score sheet had him in 2nd, who cares, he looked like shit and 6th place was a gift.

Hope this helps
L

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »
Let me get this straight, the guy who said he'd have a better career than Shawn Ray is crying because he believes he should have received 5th place instead of 6th in a third tier show?  Isn't that kind of like arguing over who gets to fuck the 250 pound chick or the 260 pound one?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 11:36:56 AM »
Let me get this straight, the guy who said he'd have a better career than Shawn Ray is crying because he believes he should have received 5th place instead of 6th in a third tier show?  Isn't that kind of like arguing over who gets to fuck the 250 pound chick or the 260 pound one?
Spot on .... i wonder how that whole 'better career than shawn ray' thing is going for him ???

:-*
L

King_Raisin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 11:43:08 AM »
Let me get this straight, the guy who said he'd have a better career than Shawn Ray is crying because he believes he should have received 5th place instead of 6th in a third tier show?  Isn't that kind of like arguing over who gets to fuck the 250 pound chick or the 260 pound one?

No you're wrong, King said post-contest that he should have been in THE TOP 4!!!!!!!!  Ha ha, and Luke Wood also said he would've been top 3 if he wouldn't have fucked up with thyroid.  What's with these delusional C-list pros???

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »
Let me get this straight, the guy who said he'd have a better career than Shawn Ray is crying because he believes he should have received 5th place instead of 6th in a third tier show? isn't that kind of like arguing over who gets to fuck the 250 pound chick or the 260 pound one?
There's a big difference bet 5th and 6th.  Top 5 allows him to do the Olympia and market himself on a bigger stage with the bbing world watching, which could lead to much bigger things (contracts, guest posing etc).  Love him or hate him, he's charismatic.  when he does something people pay attention.  Case in point, Melvin looked amazing, best he's looked in yrs and I've only seen one topic about him and none on anyone else from the show, unless they're being compared to Kamali.  There's about 10 topics on Kamali alone since the show.

King_Raisin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 12:21:30 PM »
5th place isn't good enough to make the Olympia.  Top 3 make it, unless the top 3 are already qualified, then the 4th place finisher gets a qualification.  If the 4th place guy is already qualified, too bad, noone else makes it.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the rule, so I don't think Stubbs is qualified for the Olympia either. 

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 12:24:53 PM »
haha Disgusted probably bribed the Judges just so Kalami could be in the top 10

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »

King was in the first callout at the contest. That got him excited. He knew he was in the top five.

But in the evening, things changed. He didn't look as good. Joel Stubbs looked better.

King may not agree.

As for seeing your name on a scoresheet from the stage, come on. That is hard.

Did someone tell him he was in the top 5? Then they changed their mind?

No judge told King anything at all. King just assumed he was in the top 5 because he was called out in the first round.

The judges did a good job at this contest.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »
King was in the first callout at the contest. That got him excited. He knew he was in the top five.

But in the evening, things changed. He didn't look as good. Joel Stubbs looked better.

King may not agree.

As for seeing your name on a scoresheet from the stage, come on. That is hard.

Did someone tell him he was in the top 5? Then they changed their mind?

No judge told King anything at all. King just assumed he was in the top 5 because he was called out in the first round.

The judges did a good job at this contest.

Are you saying this allows King to save face?

Like, he's trying to place the idea in the minds of his fans, that "He must be top 5 material", even though he's top 8 material at best?

Surely you're not saying he'd make that up out of embarassment, are you?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 01:05:16 PM »
Are you saying this allows King to save face?

Like, he's trying to place the idea in the minds of his fans, that "He must be top 5 material", even though he's top 8 material at best?

Surely you're not saying he'd make that up out of embarassment, are you?

I don't think it's embarassment because King has no shame.  I think it's more arrogance than anything.