Author Topic: How do you use t3 before a contest?  (Read 4037 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
How do you use t3 before a contest?
« on: September 17, 2008, 09:33:23 AM »
dosages? protocol? weeks?

Lets hear your personal xperience.

:)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: How do you use t3 before a contest?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 03:11:44 PM »
Don't take any T3 advice from Luke Wood... :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:17 PM »
Best way IMO:

*Start at 25mcg/ed
*Ramp up 12.5-25mcg every 2-3wks...as needed.
*Once you reach your highest dose, stay there. I typically don't go over 125mcg/ed but I have run 200mcg/ed of research t-3.
*Once you're ready to go off, do not come off cold turkey. No need to slowly ramp down, simply drop down to 25mcg/ed for a couple wks then come off.
*If you prefer, drop down to 50mcg/ed for a wk or so then go to 25mcg/ed but IMO, you should be fine going right to 25mcg/ed for 2 solid wks.

This is how I do it. I've been doing it this way for the past 2 years and I have all my clients who use it do it the same way. In the past before I did it like this, I would ramp up faster, usually up 25-50mcg every wk till I got to around 125-150mcg/ed...so it wouldn't take long to get to this dose. I would then ramp down much slower then I do now, dropping down 25-50mcg every wk till I was off. I found this to be pointless. It just prolongs coming off.

The way at the top of this post is the best way IMO.

And one final thought to the naysayers of t-3.

Yes, there are people who will have thyroid problems after using it...they are an extreme minority.

People don't get fat after they stop using t-3, people get fat because they eat like pigs after they stop t-3

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »
Best way IMO:

*Start at 25mcg/ed
*Once you reach your highest dose, stay there. I typically don't go over 125mcg/ed but I have run 200mcg/ed of research t-3.
*Once you're ready to go off, do not come off cold turkey. No need to slowly ramp down, simply drop down to 25mcg/ed for a couple wks then come off.
*If you prefer, drop down to 50mcg/ed for a wk or so then go to 25mcg/ed but IMO, you should be fine going right to 25mcg/ed for 2 solid wks.

This is how I do it. I've been doing it this way for the past 2 years and I have all my clients who use it do it the same way. In the past before I did it like this, I would ramp up faster, usually up 25-50mcg every wk till I got to around 125-150mcg/ed...so it wouldn't take long to get to this dose. I would then ramp down much slower then I do now, dropping down 25-50mcg every wk till I was off. I found this to be pointless. It just prolongs coming off.

Yes, there are people who will have thyroid problems after using it...they are an extreme minority.

People don't get fat after they stop using t-3, people get fat because they eat like pigs after they stop t-3

how many weeks before the contest do you suggest running it?

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 02:56:58 AM »
Best way IMO:

*Start at 25mcg/ed

Listen to Arnold.  This is great advice and the way that I run T3. 

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:44:31 AM »
Luke Wood. Heard he like lost 30lbs. right before the show. Anyone know where to see any pics.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:51:41 AM »
what kind of diet/cardio/.training./supplementation/gear manipulations do you guys normally make during the "pct" after coming off t3? and how long does it last? what are the usual results?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 09:00:37 AM »
what kind of diet/cardio/.training./supplementation/gear manipulations do you guys normally make during the "pct" after coming off t3? and how long does it last? what are the usual results?

No tricks.

The key to coming off of t-3 successfully is simple; you ate clean, you ate right while you were on it, eat clean and eat right when you come off.

There are a lot of powerful drugs out there, there are a lot of drugs that will do some pretty crazy things to you. But the way people worry about t-3 in my opinion has got to be one of the most overblown inaccuracies of all time.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »
There are a lot of powerful drugs out there, there are a lot of drugs that will do some pretty crazy things to you. But the way people worry about t-3 in my opinion has got to be one of the most overblown inaccuracies of all time.

I definitely agree with this statement. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
Arnold do you put on any significant amount of fat during the "pct" phase? How long before your metabolic rate seems normal again?

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »
On a side note, make sure you run PHARM grade T3.  I used the liquid crap for a while and switched to pharm grade.  The difference is seriously night and day.  I don't think T3 stays stable for a long period of time in liquid.  Pluse T3 is one thing you want to make sure is dosed correctly, ask Luke Wood :).

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:50 PM »
Arnold do you put on any significant amount of fat during the "pct" phase? How long before your metabolic rate seems normal again?

Sometimes I gain some extra fat, but again, this is only if I let my diet get sloppy.

I have a strong disposition to put on fat easily, because of that I have to be very careful. I do cardio year round...a lot less of I'm not dieting but I still do it very regularly.

For the most part though, I don't seem to have too much trouble after PCT. I run long hard PCT's and ease back into being "OFF" plus and this helps a lot...I typically spend more time on in the year then I do off. With the exception of this past year.

This past year I stayed off for 6 months due to personal reasons. That's the longest I've been off in 6 years. I typically won't stay off more then 8wks.

On a side note, make sure you run PHARM grade T3.  I used the liquid crap for a while and switched to pharm grade.  The difference is seriously night and day.  I don't think T3 stays stable for a long period of time in liquid.  Pluse T3 is one thing you want to make sure is dosed correctly, ask Luke Wood :).

For the most part I agree, but there is some decent liquid t-3 out there. Most is not, but IBE has decent liquid IMO

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 12:22:25 PM »
For the most part I agree, but there is some decent liquid t-3 out there. Most is not, but IBE has decent liquid IMO

ChemeOne's liquid T3 has always done me right as well.  I do agree that the pharm grade stuff is better if you can get a hold of it, but liquids, if dosed right are fine.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »
Arnold what do you think, i made some "adjustments"....

2 weeks 25mcg
2 weeks 50mcg
2 weeks 100mcg ----> then taper down
2 weeks 50mcg
2 weeks 25mcg
stop

total 10 weeks...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 04:09:04 PM »
Arnold what do you think, i made some "adjustments"....

2 weeks 25mcg
2 weeks 50mcg
2 weeks 100mcg ----> then taper down
2 weeks 50mcg
2 weeks 25mcg
stop

total 10 weeks...

There is nothing wrong with that, but it's not how I do it.

You're basing your t-3 use on a set schedule of time and dose on each wk...I base mine over a long duration and then adjust as needed...see the difference?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 11:59:35 PM »
There is nothing wrong with that, but it's not how I do it.

You're basing your t-3 use on a set schedule of time and dose on each wk...I base mine over a long duration and then adjust as needed...see the difference?

Yes i got it...  ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »
To competitors: do you reduce the dose before the contest or stop altogether at some point so as not to look too flat (if you feel it affects you that way)?

tolliscd

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »
Arnolds T-3 sch
Clen
Tren
Sostenon
Hard as nails

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
bump...

when is the best time to take t3? I heard its not a good idea to have it along with your multi in the morning. I might be wrong.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
bump...

when is the best time to take t3? I heard its not a good idea to have it along with your multi in the morning. I might be wrong.
in the morning on an empty stomach. wait at leats a half hour before eating anything. don take any calcium or magnesium within 4 hours of taking it.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 01:38:38 AM »
in the morning on an empty stomach. wait at leats a half hour before eating anything. don take any calcium or magnesium within 4 hours of taking it.

why..?

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »
With a contest, I would suggest stopping all T3 use at least one week prior to the contest.  T3 will make you look flat while on it, which is the opposite of how you want to look on stage.  Ramp up and down as you see fit, but stop at least 5-7 days before showtime.

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 07:03:02 PM »
START AT 25 MCG THEN EACH 2-3 DAY INCREMENT INCREASE TO 50 MCG THEN 75 MCG THEN FINALLY TO 100 MCG AT THIS DOSE STAY ON FOR 6-8 WEEKS THEN TAPER DOWN BACK 75 MCG FOR 2-3 DAYS, THEN 50 FOR THE SAME AND FINALLY 25 THEN OFF

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »
What are the best brands of cytomel/t3 you guys are using right now?

The only stuff I see right now is La Pharma, Iran Hormone.  Can't find anyone that's carrying other brands of HG Cytomel/T3.  I don't UG or liquid shit. 

gdub1979

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 01:20:31 PM »
T3 will make you look flat while on it, which is the opposite of how you want to look on stage.

What do you mean by looking "flat"?