Author Topic: Olympia - Question for Bob Chick regarding Wolf  (Read 2025 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Olympia - Question for Bob Chick regarding Wolf
« on: September 18, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »
in your opinion if wolf dials it in

where does he rank at the olympia

do you think he can be top three or challenge for the title
T

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: olympia question for bob chic
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »
in your opinion if wolf dials it in

where does he rank at the olympia

do you think he can be top three or challenge for the title

Yes, he can go anywhere from 4th to the Title, IMO....

All depends on if he brought his back, hams, bis up to par...the other factor is conditioning.

As far as genetics and structure, symmetry and proportion, etc...this guy is a Mr. OLympia in waiting.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
Dennis has zero chance of being Mr. Olympia this year and it has nothing to do with his physique.

He's lacking two essential things he can't fix in the gym, an AMI and Muscletech contract.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 04:29:28 PM »
Dennis has zero chance of being Mr. Olympia this year and it has nothing to do with his physique.

He's lacking two essential things he can't fix in the gym, an AMI and Muscletech contract.

It's obvious you don't know bodybuilding, or physiques..

BTW....where was the MT influence when Jay was LOSING to Ronnie?

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 04:35:50 PM »
It's obvious you don't know bodybuilding, or physiques..

BTW....where was the MT influence when Jay was LOSING to Ronnie?

Bob, the Mr. Olympia contest lost every bit of integrity it had left last year.  There will NEVER be a believable explanation for how Jay was ahead after prejudging.  NEVER.

It's a contest in name only.  Everyone knows this and you're insulting the fans by claiming otherwise.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »
Bob, the Mr. Olympia contest lost every bit of integrity it had left last year.  There will NEVER be a believable explanation for how Jay was ahead after prejudging.  NEVER.

It's a contest in name only.  Everyone knows this and you're insulting the fans by claiming otherwise.

You're right about that...there will never be a believable explanation as to why Jay was ahead after prejudging.....

...because Victor was ahead.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
You're right about that...there will never be a believable explanation as to why Jay was ahead after prejudging.....

Ouch lol

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »

Jay beat Victor 14-16 in the prejudging Chick.  Nice try.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »
Jay beat Victor 14-16 in the prejudging Chick.  Nice try.

The score youre looking at is a combined score of rounds 1&2...I know for fact that Jay lost Rd 1. He also lost Rd. 3

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 05:00:59 PM »
The score youre looking at is a combined score of rounds 1&2...I know for fact that Jay lost Rd 1. He also lost Rd. 3

Jay lost the symmetry round and won the muscularity round? and lost the posing rounds?

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 05:04:55 PM »

Rounds 1 & 2 are the prejudging rounds Chick and Jay was ahead by 2 points after the prejudging when he should have been in 3rd at best.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »

Bodybuilding is not judge in a scientific formula. Even Judges with years of experience will disagree. The combination of their opinions make it the final decision. The bottom line is as in other sports in which human judging is part of it. Opinions will always vary. Every competitor knows that. Now It is two different kinds of Athletes and Fans ...The ones that always bitch and the ones the try to improve and understand that results not always go the way they thought it should.....
Now You can continue to bitch.... 8)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »
Rounds 1 & 2 are the prejudging rounds Chick and Jay was ahead by 2 points after the prejudging when he should have been in 3rd at best.

great....

now answer my question i asked....

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »
Hey Bob, you've got a chance to see Cutler in recent days/weeks. What's the verdict? I think a lot of people would give him respect if he brings his best this year.

So, is he ready?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »
Hey Bob, you've got a chance to see Cutler in recent days/weeks. What's the verdict? I think a lot of people would give him respect if he brings his best this year.

So, is he ready?

Best I've seen Jay since 01

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »

hey Bob did he ever divulge what happened to his prep last year?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »
great....

now answer my question i asked....

anytime now, sweetheart.....

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
If he is in that kind of shape it is game,set, match.
I think too many are way too harsh when they critique Jay.
NOBODY in the pros is perfect, they all have a weakness.
Jay may not have the wasp waist of Melvin , but he is wide as barn with flowing sweep in all his muscle groups. Combine that with a tight waist with deep abs at 270 ripped lbs and you have one impressive man on a BB stage. Since he improved his back density and thickness he is the best physique (when in top shape) in current modern BB based on how it is really judged.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 05:30:18 PM »
Yes, he can go anywhere from 4th to the Title, IMO....

All depends on if he brought his back, hams, bis up to par...the other factor is conditioning.

As far as genetics and structure, symmetry and proportion, etc...this guy is a Mr. OLympia in waiting.

HAHAHA CHick give us a break. YOU ALREADY KNOW FOR A FACT the top 3. Jay, Dex, Heath.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »

HAHAHA CHick give us a break. YOU ALREADY KNOW FOR A FACT the top 3. Jay, Dex, Heath.

Obviously, we can all project the top 3....as they are the favorites....but Wolf has just as good a shot as Heath for top 3, especially since the two have never faced each other....

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »
Obviously, we can all project the top 3....as they are the favorites....but Wolf has just as good a shot as Heath for top 3, especially since the two have never faced each other....

Bob is it just me or do the current crop of top pros have some incredible muscle denisty, shape and separation that was quite rare back in the day????? I know we all tend to focus  more on overall bigger size now, but lately the guys are not getting bigger , just deeper separation and full sweep of the muscle groups.
Guys like Heath illustrate this along with Dex at the last Arnold , etc
Jay with the 2001 cuts also has this going.
Your thoughts?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »
Bob is it just me or do the current crop of top pros have some incredible muscle denisty, shape and separation that was quite rare back in the day????? I know we all tend to focus  more on overall bigger size now, but lately the guys are not getting bigger , just deeper separation and full sweep of the muscle groups.
Guys like Heath illustrate this along with Dex at the last Arnold , etc
Jay with the 2001 cuts also has this going.
Your thoughts?

I think it's just the opposite , muscle hardness is lacking & separation is not as great due to the fact the guys are getting bigger at that expense.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »
I think it's just the opposite , muscle hardness is lacking & separation is not as great due to the fact the guys are getting bigger at that expense.

Got to agree with you. Bodyweight seems to have increase during the years. But it is an apparent reduction in condition. Generally speaking. Guys like Dexter, Silvio...have kept a great level of condition.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »
Hmm I disagree. Some pics of Heath, david Henry  and Dex say otherwise. Jay in 2001 was deeply separated.
Guys like Zane looked really refined but the actual depth of the cuts was NOT nearly as deep.
I am not seeing the top pros getting any BIGGER in terms of pure mass  NOW ,rather the muscle denisty seems better now.
I think that is good, they are plenty big already

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »

no i was just referring to the fact it is all rigged and probably has  been for a significant amount of time. There are probably endless "backup" plans if cutler doesnt win or say he gets in a freak accident. X bodybuilder will take his place.