Author Topic: The hardcore BB lifestyle  (Read 4809 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: The hardcore BB lifestyle
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 11:06:32 PM »
only thing worth spending money on, on a date is rubbers IMO
True, Im paying off a mortgage, launching a new business (Arent well all) Im not going broke, but i dont want to be broke, dinners are a waste of time, from the time i pick em up i use my gift of the gab for 5 mins and take her to my usual location that overlooks the harbour, let her fucken mum feed her

Jizzacked

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 11:07:06 PM »
Bravo, what's your opinion on 30yr olds that devote there time to it constantly, and dont allow in any balance in life.

well to each his own.. you got guys like zone capone which makes for never ending entertainment and discussion fodder.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »
True, Im paying off a mortgage, launching a new business (Arent well all) Im not going broke, but i dont want to be broke, dinners are a waste of time, from the time i pick em up i use my gift of the gab for 5 mins and take her to my usual location that overlooks the harbour, let her fucken mum feed her

Tell us about this.  You just park the car and let her mouth do the work, then drop her off?  

Remarkably efficient.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »
Tell us about this.  You just park the car and let her mouth do the work, then drop her off?  

Remarkably efficient.
ok,
well, if a girl text me and says "Wanna catch up" that automatically means she wants dick, no doubt, no question, Im not positive, Im definite.
then i gauge how horny she is with sex text msgs, nothing to abrubt just enough to get a reaction, if she says "Your so cheeky" its good to go.

i park the car, and say with a smile please note my teeth are laser whitened "What do you wanna do" while i say this i grab her hand and kiss it.

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 11:15:51 PM »
ok,
well, if a girl text me and says "Wanna catch up" that automatically means she wants dick, no doubt, no question, Im not positive, Im definite.
then i gauge how horny she is with sex text msgs, nothing to abrubt just enough to get a reaction, if she says "Your so cheeky" its good to go.

i park the car, and say with a smile please note my teeth are laser whitened "What do you wanna do" while i say this i grab her hand and kiss it.

you sly dog

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 11:16:56 PM »
ok,

I'm intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
No doubt about it...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 11:17:26 PM »
you sly dog
its sounds corny but that romance shit works, that move works on the strictest bitches..hands are the key.

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 11:18:32 PM »
QB you remind me of Tom Cruise in Magnolia
"Respect the Cock!"

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »
I'm intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'll let you know, its easy man please believe me man

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
one should only live the HARDCORE lifestyle if he is a pro and earns money from it.... if not, you should have a balanced life

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 11:38:02 PM »
one should only live the HARDCORE lifestyle if he is a pro and earns money from it.... if not, you should have a balanced life
say if your 35, live at mums and have a Balanced diet?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 12:06:49 AM »
Unless your making money, its sad never to miss a meal/workout, seriously if you feel like eating some fast food just eat it, its not gonna slow down your muscle growth or add 5% of bodyfat and if you don't feel like training, dont go, we are not pros so don't try and be "hardcore" or live the "lifestyle".
 ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 12:10:39 AM »
Unless your making money, its sad never to miss a meal/workout, seriously if you feel like eating some fast food just eat it, its not gonna slow down your muscle growth or add 5% of bodyfat and if you don't feel like training, dont go, we are not pros so don't try and be "hardcore" or live the "lifestyle".
 ::)

the "lifestyle" is for pathetic losers anyway..pose on stage infront of a male dominated audience in a thong.

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 12:13:23 AM »
the "lifestyle" is for pathetic losers anyway..pose on stage infront of a male dominated audience in a thong.

And for what a made in China sword and pride ::)

io856

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2008, 12:13:52 AM »
What exactly is the "hardcore" bb lifestyle anyway?

Its just like get your meals in, use supplements and drugs, train regularly.

Not that bad...

unless you mean adding the whole tanning, hair removal and all sorts of other  vanity issues then it would get very consuming.

I mean I don't know many people that miss workouts(like to train) or miss meals(hungry)

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 12:35:31 AM »
Who knows how or why, but over the last 10 yrs, I have moved away from a day to day hardcore BB lifestyle. I still lift , take a few supplemnts and attend contests.
I just got bored of the hardcore diet regimes and never miss a workout lifestyle.
I grew tired of thinking I had to make gains and go all out, etc.
I am now content to have some overall level of fitness and some muscle.
I started to get a lot more inner peace and happiness from a more casual relationship with bodybuilding.
Sometimes I feel "guilty" and not hardcore,etc.
Overall I am a lot more happy with a more well rounded lifestyle . These days I am more psyched to plan a nice cruise vacation than going to the Olympia.
Any others relate?

I can relate to what you're saying.  I've been training for over 30 years and now I'm sort of drifting away from the sport.  As some of the other posters pointed out there's nothing wrong with this.  I've read many of your posts in the past and I suspect (could be wrong) that you would like to give competing on last shot.  This is definitely the case with me.  I propose a friendly competition between the two of us.  We could let the members of Getbig judge (can't believe I just said that).  It would give us that one last chance to be "hardcore." 

I've been around Getbig for a while, but I'm not a regular poster.  My competitive history includes a couple of state titles, a couple of regional titles and a top five finish at the teen nationals many years ago.  I've never competed above the lightweight class.  Right now I'm probably sitting around 14 - 16 percent BF.  I'd like to get to between 10 - 12 and stay there.  This little comp could be the jumpstart I need, and may be good for you too.  Just an idea.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 03:04:32 AM »

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 04:08:52 AM »
Who knows how or why, but over the last 10 yrs, I have moved away from a day to day hardcore BB lifestyle. I still lift , take a few supplemnts and attend contests.
I just got bored of the hardcore diet regimes and never miss a workout lifestyle.
I grew tired of thinking I had to make gains and go all out, etc.
I am now content to have some overall level of fitness and some muscle.
I started to get a lot more inner peace and happiness from a more casual relationship with bodybuilding.
Sometimes I feel "guilty" and not hardcore,etc.
Overall I am a lot more happy with a more well rounded lifestyle . These days I am more psyched to plan a nice cruise vacation than going to the Olympia.
Any others relate?

I assume you have no kids Howard. This is what happens to people in their 40's and 50's when they have no kids (especially women). Life becomes meaningless for many and they hang onto things of their past (such as bodybuilding) to prevent life becoming stale.
I competed as a young man in the 50's and 60's and then in the early 80's got back into it after my kids had grown and I had gotten too fond of whiskey. With a stressful job and whiskey temptation the gym kept me sane. I only competed for a laugh and my family and career in international finance were always way more importaint to me than bodybuilding. I always laughed at the idiots from the golden days who made their living from being gay men's playthings. I always told them to get an education instead of hiring out their arses. I still laugh at the thought of Chet Yorton sucking on John Paul Getty's Poodle while Jimmy Saville fondled his crevice right after the 66 Universe. 

Master of the Masters.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
This is ANIMAL, can you handle it???

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »

I assume you have no kids Howard. This is what happens to people in their 40's and 50's when they have no kids (especially women). Life becomes meaningless for many and they hang onto things of their past (such as bodybuilding) to prevent life becoming stale.
I competed as a young man in the 50's and 60's and then in the early 80's got back into it after my kids had grown and I had gotten too fond of whiskey. With a stressful job and whiskey temptation the gym kept me sane. I only competed for a laugh and my family and career in international finance were always way more importaint to me than bodybuilding. I always laughed at the idiots from the golden days who made their living from being gay men's playthings. I always told them to get an education instead of hiring out their arses. I still laugh at the thought of Chet Yorton sucking on John Paul Getty's Poodle while Jimmy Saville fondled his crevice right after the 66 Universe. 

hahaha 
So much for the "golden era"

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »
I agree completely.  The biggest and best possible body doesn't equal the best possible life.  Now it's about feeling good and having fun...funny, that's how it started too!

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »
Living the hardcore ANYTHING lifestyle is foolish unless you profit from it. It's like living a hardcore rock and roll life style with the excessive alcohol and drugs without the fame and money to go along with it. Except with bodybuilding even the top level are not profiting significantly from it.

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
Some of my gym buddies really live the lifestyle, and its sad cause they dont even like doing recreational stuff in fear of missed meals or injuries. I say if you are'nt a competative bb, and I mean a good bb and not a delusional fuck, just workout + eat a lot and don't worry about it cause your gains will probrably be about the same unless your genetics really suck. Most of the 150's pounders are the one's that stress over their gains and nutrition then end up looking small and shitty anyway. Anything to the extreme for the most part blows  :-\.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
I definetly do not live the "lifestyle", I eat healthy 80% of the time, make my workouts 90%, but still go out and if I miss a workout or meal it doesn't completely ruin my day.  That being said though the older I get(be 31 in January) the more being "fit" is becoming important to me as I see my cohorts starting to age badly.  My 10 year reunion was not a pretty site.

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »
I definetly do not live the "lifestyle", I eat healthy 80% of the time, make my workouts 90%, but still go out and if I miss a workout or meal it doesn't completely ruin my day.  That being said though the older I get(be 31 in January) the more being "fit" is becoming important to me as I see my cohorts starting to age badly.  My 10 year reunion was not a pretty site.
That right there to me is more important than anything else as a recreational weightlifter. After all many of us enjoy the training itself as much as the visual physical improvements.