Author Topic: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'  (Read 17928 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
I'd vote for Ron Paul....

...BUT....

...his small government ideals and free-market economics won't work for much longer.

Reducing government to the extent that corporations could possibly overpower it is simply foolish, add to this the growing menace of desk-top technologies such as genetically-tuned viral weapons; cold fusion; and especially supra-human AI... and you have a recipe for disaster.

Over the next century, maintaining the cohesion of civilization will become more and more difficult... requiring bigger and bigger government.

The Luke

This may be true but at least Ron Paul talks about tangible issues, namely monetary policy (a disaster) and foreign policy (a disaster); I as an American would like to see a change in these two areas most and the two candidates offer nothing of the sort; both of them will continue to pour money into Georgia to protect 'our pipeline' and provoke Russia, maintain over 800 military bases overseas and both are in bed with special interest groups. Neither candidate talks about changing monetary policy or wants to have oversight done of decisions made by the Federal Reserve. For all these reasons and others I don't care who wins. If I cannot find future employment on Continental Europe (with my dual citizenship) I will head back out to Asia, plenty of jobs and saving opportunities there. The USA is doomed.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »
yeah..just stay over there.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2008, 10:21:03 AM »
yeah..just stay over there.

That's the plan Mr. Oil Pipeline.
I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
An "empty suit" that BEAT THE CRAP out of incumbent president, Jimmy Carter, and Walter Mondale. I believe they call it a "landslide".

...winning doesn't make any of these Republican heroes any smarter; nor does it make them successes in the eyes of history.

George Dubya only won due to the moron vote. If you are proud to be part of this voting block then that is your prerogative. However, it is only morons who think of him as anything other then THE WORST PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY!

A common misconception is still wrong... a majority religion is still a delusion... and a popular moron is still a moron.

The Luke

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »
With all do respect, OzmO...this is the epitome of elitist statements.  We keep hearing that over and over again.  

The "Americans are so stupid" moniker is why the left (generally speaking) has only 2 Democratic presidents for quite some time.  The sooner this ideology goes out the door, the more likely it would be the folks might be more inclined to listen to some of the reasoning.  it's like saying "You're too dumb to understand what I'm telling you, but this is what's best for you"

Doesn't come off too well, does it?

As always, I respect your POV C-500.  "BUT"  Com on, she's a crappy candidate, let's face it.  How can you anyone say she's a good VP candidate other then for winning this election?

Maybe the "Americans are so stupid" is over used.  But it goes both ways to both parties.  I believe the democratic party is intellectually bankrupt, that's for sure.   But, isn't this is the same voter base who put reality shows on a pedestal.   How much of this election is being debated on the issues?   90% of what i see on this board are wedge issues and ideology debates.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2008, 10:49:30 AM »
You mean the same half-wit that called American soldiers cowards is calling other Americans dumb? LOL!!!

I know, I know. He apologized and tried to play it off as a criticism of U.S. military policy and not American soldiers. If you belive that, then I guess you can believe anything he says.

True.  I forgot about that.  This is the same guy who called the 911 terrorists courageous.  

He's also the same person who made fun of a Down's Syndrome baby.  

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
...winning doesn't make any of these Republican heroes any smarter; nor does it make them successes in the eyes of history.

George Dubya only won due to the moron vote. If you are proud to be part of this voting block then that is your prerogative. However, it is only morons who think of him as anything other then THE WORST PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY!

A common misconception is still wrong... a majority religion is still a delusion... and a popular moron is still a moron.

The Luke

I was thinking about restarting the cult of Zeus; you with me?

I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2008, 11:01:24 AM »

And who are these "eyes of history", other than the far-left historians, who like you, bleat and complain when they continually back the wrong horse?

The Luke

There's no misconception involved. The simple fact is that you and other liberals of your ilk cry like toddlers, every time you lose, making excuse after excuse for not getting it done. "Worst presidents....." don't get re-elected. So, now, unable to explain why the left couldn't find a candidate to defeat Bush, you revert to the tired "we're smart; you're stupid" routine.

The more you belittle Bush, the more pathetic it makes you liberals look, because TWICE that "moron" sent your candidate home in defeat. Gore didn't get the job done; Kerry didn't get the job done. And as for Obama, the consensus was that a Obama-Clinton/Clinton-Obama ticket would be unstoppable. He picked Biden, instead. Now, with Palin on McCain's ticket, we have a nip-and-tuck race.

But, it's nice to see you have the excuses and pitiful schoolgirl whining all cued up, should Obama follow in the footsteps of Kerry and Gore.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »
McWay,

If you think Bush is a good president then you are simply proving Bill Maher's assertion that Americans are "...just too fucking dumb".

Get real dude... there was a balanced budget under Clinton, Bush has pushed the national debt to $10 trillion! (he's doubled it)

This is why religious people shouldn't be considered for any official office... they are intrinsically divorced from reality. They actually seem to be think that simply because they CONVINCE themselves of miracles and other such moronic superstitions that their BELIEF can somehow alter reality.

The Luke

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »
McWay,

If you think Bush is a good president then you are simply proving Bill Maher's assertion that Americans are "...just too fucking dumb".

Get real dude... there was a balanced budget under Clinton, Bush has pushed the national debt to $10 trillion! (he's doubled it)

This is why religious people shouldn't be considered for any official office... they are intrinsically divorced from reality. They actually seem to be think that simply because they CONVINCE themselves of miracles and other such moronic superstitions that their BELIEF can somehow alter reality.

The Luke

Amen !

NT

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »
McWay,

The Luke

Does that mean you are not in on my Zeus cult revival?

I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2008, 11:43:02 AM »

Amen !

NT

...there's a prime example right there!

Christians run around saying "Amen" (not you NT) because that's how Jesus finished the Our Father. Truth is the Our Father is actually an ancient Egyptian prayer lifted straight from the Egyptian "Book of the Dead".

"Our father, Amon, who art in heaven" etc, etc... the refrain is "Amon let it be so" which then became "Amen". Again, chronic Christian ignorance.

Guess this does tie-in with Deicide's cult revival as Zeus and Amon were later amalgamated into Zeus-Amon in a Romanised Egypt.

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »
McWay,

The Luke

Obama is ALSO a religious person, or did you forget that part in all your blubbering. He professed to be a man of faith. So, genius, why are you talking about Obama being president of the United States?

As for Clinton, again why didn't Gore carry on the torch supposedly pass to him by Clinton? He was the VP, during all the "wonder years" of the 90s. Yet, he LOST.

With regards to Bush, my statement was that he was good enough to get re-elected, and all the liberal genius (with all of their so-called enlightenment) couldn't produc a candidate that could beat him.

And, to top it all off, genius, Ron Paul, THE VERY GUY YOU SAID YOU'D GIVE YOUR VOTE, is also a religious person.

I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator. - Ron Paul, "The Covenant News", July 2007

...there's a prime example right there!

Christians run around saying "Amen" (not you NT) because that's how Jesus finished the Our Father. Truth is the Our Father is actually an ancient Egyptian prayer lifted straight from the Egyptian "Book of the Dead".

"Our father, Amon, who art in heaven" etc, etc... the refrain is "Amon let it be so" which then became "Amen". Again, chronic Christian ignorance.

The Luke

That, like so many of your other posturing, is patently FALSE. But, this ain't the time or place to dismantle that foolishness.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2008, 12:26:59 PM »
As for Clinton, again why didn't Gore carry on the torch supposedly pass to him by Clinton? He was the VP, during all the "wonder years" of the 90s. Yet, he LOST.

...75% of Americans believe in the literal reality of angels.

Isn't seventy-five-percent a majority?

Does being part of group that is obviously wrong and deluded make you right and insightful if that group is in the majority?

The Luke

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »
Obama is ALSO a religious person, or did you forget that part in all your blubbering. He professed to be a man of faith. So, genius, why are you talking about Obama being president of the United States?

With regards to Bush, my statement was that he was good enough to get re-elected, and all the liberal genius (with all of their so-called enlightenment) couldn't produc a candidate that could beat him.

And, to top it all off, genius, Ron Paul, THE VERY GUY YOU SAID YOU'D GIVE YOUR VOTE, is also a religious person.

I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator. - Ron Paul, "The Covenant News", July 2007

That, like so many of your other posturing, is patently FALSE. But, this ain't the time or place to dismantle that foolishness.

Yeah, one thing I don't like about Ron Paul is his silly Christianity, but at least he doesn't hit you over the head with it.
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »
...75% of Americans believe in the literal reality of angels.

Isn't seventy-five-percent a majority?

Does being part of group that is obviously wrong and deluded make you right and insightful if that group is in the majority?

The Luke

Why don't you ask the guy that YOU SAID you'd give your vote, Ron Paul?

Once again, you have Joe Biden disease, munching on your own metatarsals, when your silly claims get sliced. This is almost as ridiculous as your pitiful attempt to paint Obama as an atheist, when you got tripped up last time.

But, it's gets better. Here's more from a guy, by your screwball standards, is "divorced from reality", but you'd vote for him, anyway, PER YOUR OWN WORDS!

Similarly, the mythical separation of church and state doctrine has no historical or constitutional basis. Neither the language of the Constitution itself nor the legislative history reveals any mention of such separation. In fact, the authors of the First amendment ... routinely referred to "Almighty God" in their writings, including the Declaration of Independence. It is only in the last 50 years that federal courts have perverted the meaning of the amendment and sought to unlawfully restrict religious expression."

And, a little more info on Paul:

He was raised Lutheran but is currently a Baptist. BTW, did I hear him say something about a "Creator"....UHH OHHHH!!!!!!  ;D

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2008, 12:37:57 PM »
Just for the record... McWay didn't read my post correctly, if I could vote in the American elections I'd vote for Barack Obama (my fellow atheist).

I'd prefer to vote for Ralph Nader, but he isn't a viable candidate in the US because the mean IQ has drifted so far from the average.

The Luke

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »
Just for the record... McWay didn't read my post correctly, if I could vote in the American elections I'd vote for Barack Obama (my fellow atheist).

I'd prefer to vote for Ralph Nader, but he isn't a viable candidate in the US because the mean IQ has drifted so far from the average.

The Luke

Nader is solid on a lot of issues, including 3 of the most pressing ones: foreign policy, monetary policy, civil liberties...
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2008, 12:42:04 PM »
Yeah, one thing I don't like about Ron Paul is his silly Christianity, but at least he doesn't hit you over the head with it.

Perhaps not, although the following statement of his might leave a lump or two:

Similarly, the mythical separation of church and state doctrine has no historical or constitutional basis. Neither the language of the Constitution itself nor the legislative history reveals any mention of such separation. In fact, the authors of the First amendment ... routinely referred to "Almighty God" in their writings, including the Declaration of Independence. It is only in the last 50 years that federal courts have perverted the meaning of the amendment and sought to unlawfully restrict religious expression."

But, our resident boy genius, Luke, claims that Christians are "divorced from reality" and that they're "morons". Yet, he just added some Grey Poupon to those toes of his by stating that HE WOULD VOTE for Paul, a Christian and, per that previous statements, a potential CREATIONIST.

Sacred bleu!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »
Why don't you ask the guy that YOU SAID you'd give your vote, Ron Paul?

Once again, you have Joe Biden disease, munching on your own metatarsals, when your silly claims get sliced. This is almost as ridiculous as your pitiful attempt to paint Obama as an atheist, when you got tripped up last time.

But, it's gets better. Here's more from a guy, by your screwball standards, is "divorced from reality", but you'd vote for him, anyway, PER YOUR OWN WORDS!

And, a little more info on Paul:

He was raised Lutheran but is currently a Baptist. BTW, did I hear him say something about a "Creator"....UHH OHHHH!!!!!!  ;D

Yes, Paul doesn't know anything about Evolution; that is true.
I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »
But, our resident boy genius, Luke, claims that Christians are "divorced from reality" and that they're "morons". Yet, he just added some Grey Poupon to those toes of his by stating that HE WOULD VOTE for Paul, a Christian and, per that previous statements, a potential CREATIONIST.

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired:
I'd vote for Ron Paul....

...BUT....

...his small government ideals and free-market economics won't work for much longer.

...do you misquote scripture with that mouth?

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »
Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired:

Oh really? Where in that statement do you call him a "moron" or claim that he's divorced from reality, because he's a Christian?

...do you misquote scripture with that mouth?

The Luke

Look who's talking. You called Obama an atheist, which he is NOT. Then you jump to another candidate, Paul, and it appears that you DID NOT know he was a Christian.

Now, you're hopping to Nader. It sounds to me as if you're foolishly clinging to any non-Republican candidate WITHOUT checking their bios out, regarding their faith. And, last time I checked, you didn't make any distinction between Republicans and Democrats/Independents, with regards to their religious beliefs making them "morons".

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2008, 01:32:09 PM »
Oh really? Where in that statement do you call him a "moron" or claim that he's divorced from reality, because he's a Christian?

Look who's talking. You called Obama an atheist, which he is NOT. Then you jump to another candidate, Paul, and it appears that you DID NOT know he was a Christian.

Now, you're hopping to Nader. It sounds to me as if you're foolishly clinging to any non-Republican candidate WITHOUT checking their bios out, regarding their faith. And, last time I checked, you didn't make any distinction between Republicans and Democrats/Independents, with regards to their religious beliefs making them "morons".

The fact is, you can't get elected in that country if you don't profess some bullshit Christian nonsense; everyone knows that. How legitimate these claims are, is an entirely different question.
I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »
It's a question of IQ McWay...

If Prof Stephen Hawking or Prof Roger Penrose professed a sincere belief in the existence of Santa Claus in front of a crowd of kindergarten children... I would assume they were pandering (somewhat innocently) as no adult sincerely believes in Santa Claus. Certainly not super-high IQ theoretical physicists.

When Barack Obama professes a sincere belief in Jesus Christ, I take into consideration his intellect and academic achievements... and I assume he is attempting to appease morons such as yourself. Obama never attended a church at any point in his life, till he decided to run for office... then he joined a politically connected church... I view such pretense as a necessary political evil.

When George Dubya professes a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration his chronic lack of intellect and paucity of academic achievements... and I assume he is a moron.

When Sarah Palin professes a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration her chronic lack of intellect and paucity of academic achievements... and I assume she is a moron.

When you, McWay, profess a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration your infantile, non-sequitur, evasive, obfuscating, dismissive, regurgitating, facetious, misquoting, uncomprehending posts on this forum and I am once again convinced that you too are a moron.

For once and for all... when someone with an IQ above 120 professes a sincere belief in any form of religion (or irrational thought) then it is a form of manipulation, whether sinister or noble. They don't make such protestations in private.

To quote Earnest Hemingway: "All thinking me are atheists".

Religion is the bulwark that protects the simple from the horrors of thought.

The Luke