Author Topic: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'  (Read 17910 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »
It's a question of IQ McWay...

If Prof Stephen Hawking or Prof Roger Penrose professed a sincere belief in the existence of Santa Claus in front of a crowd of kindergarten children... I would assume they were pandering (somewhat innocently) as no adult sincerely believes in Santa Claus. Certainly not super-high IQ theoretical physicists.

When Barack Obama professes a sincere belief in Jesus Christ, I take into consideration his intellect and academic achievements... and I assume he is attempting to appease morons such as yourself. Obama never attended a church at any point in his life, till he decided to run for office... then he joined a politically connected church... I view such pretense as a necessary political evil.

When George Dubya professes a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration his chronic lack of intellect and paucity of academic achievements... and I assume he is a moron.

When Sarah Palin professes a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration her chronic lack of intellect and paucity of academic achievements... and I assume she is a moron.

When you, McWay, profess a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration your infantile, non-sequitur, evasive, obfuscating, dismissive, regurgitating, facetious, misquoting, uncomprehending posts on this forum and I am once again convinced that you too are a moron.

For once and for all... when someone with an IQ above 120 professes a sincere belief in any form of religion (or irrational thought) then it is a form of manipulation, whether sinister or noble. They don't make such protestations in private.

To quote Earnest Hemingway: "All thinking men are atheists".

Religion is the bulwark that protects the simple from the horrors of thought.

The Luke

Penrose is mindbogglingly brilliant; some of his ideas about the nature of human consciousness are as fascinating as they are difficult to understand.
I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2008, 02:37:50 PM »
Penrose is mindbogglingly brilliant; some of his ideas about the nature of human consciousness are as fascinating as they are difficult to understand.

I'm reading his "Road to Reality" masterpiece at the moment... it's pretty heavy going but that's to be expected when you attempt to explain the full extent of human understanding of reality through a mathematical framework. I have a degree in experimental physics though... wouldn't recommend it to a layman.

The Luke

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »
As always, I respect your POV C-500.  "BUT"  Com on, she's a crappy candidate, let's face it.  How can you anyone say she's a good VP candidate other then for winning this election?

Maybe the "Americans are so stupid" is over used.  But it goes both ways to both parties.  I believe the democratic party is intellectually bankrupt, that's for sure.   But, isn't this is the same voter base who put reality shows on a pedestal.   How much of this election is being debated on the issues?   90% of what i see on this board are wedge issues and ideology debates.
True.

I heard the "stupid" moniker here at work too.  Now, I must grant you the notion that the average person doesn't go and find the information that is out there to help them form an opinion of the issues.  But rather than say that people are stupid, I would prefer to call this laziness.  Look at some of the longer articles that have been posted and the replies that say, "You expect me to read this?" 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2008, 08:28:47 AM »
True.

I heard the "stupid" moniker here at work too.  Now, I must grant you the notion that the average person doesn't go and find the information that is out there to help them form an opinion of the issues.  But rather than say that people are stupid, I would prefer to call this laziness.  Look at some of the longer articles that have been posted and the replies that say, "You expect me to read this?" 

We are slowly becoming an ADD nation.   ;D

But yes, i agree somewhat with your point about laziness as i'm guilty as anyone.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2008, 08:36:48 AM »
We are slowly becoming an ADD nation.   ;D
That's just wrong!   ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2008, 12:44:25 PM »
The fact is, you can't get elected in that country if you don't profess some bullshit Christian nonsense; everyone knows that. How legitimate these claims are, is an entirely different question.

But, it appears that the only time Luke questions the legitimacy of a candidate's Christian faith is if that candidate is a Republican. He isn't doubting the faith of Bush, McCain, or Palin. Yet, he's calling Obama an atheist, even though Obama has stated multiple times that he's a Christian.

And, with regards to Ron Paul, Luke states that he would vote for him, but for one issue. That issue was NOT Paul's Christian faith (or even the fact that he's a Republican). Yet, Luke insists that Christians should not be considered from office and are morons. And, we've all seen his long-winded diatribes about Republicans.

If Prof Stephen Hawking or Prof Roger Penrose professed a sincere belief in the existence of Santa Claus in front of a crowd of kindergarten children... I would assume they were pandering (somewhat innocently) as no adult sincerely believes in Santa Claus. Certainly not super-high IQ theoretical physicists.

When Barack Obama professes a sincere belief in Jesus Christ, I take into consideration his intellect and academic achievements... and I assume he is attempting to appease morons such as yourself. Obama never attended a church at any point in his life, till he decided to run for office... then he joined a politically connected church... I view such pretense as a necessary political evil. 

I view your pretense as a pathetic way to wiggle out of your self-imposed predicament.

Obama’s in his forties; he was a member of Wright’s church for 20 years. Do the math, genius. Even if Obama were an atheist in his younger years (a claim which you can’t back), it certaintly wouldn’t be the first time an atheist became a Christian (and it sure won’t be the last time).

When George Dubya professes a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration his chronic lack of intellect and paucity of academic achievements... and I assume he is a moron.

When Sarah Palin professes a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration her chronic lack of intellect and paucity of academic achievements... and I assume she is a moron.

When you, McWay, profess a sincere belief in Jeebus, I take into consideration your infantile, non-sequitur, evasive, obfuscating, dismissive, regurgitating, facetious, misquoting, uncomprehending posts on this forum and I am once again convinced that you too are a moron.

Tough words for a cowardly, self-destructing, strain-at-a-gnat-swallow-a-camel, can't-get-his-facts-straight, cry-like-a-baby-when-he-can't-get-the-job-done blowhard like you.

For once and for all... when someone with an IQ above 120 professes a sincere belief in any form of religion (or irrational thought) then it is a form of manipulation, whether sinister or noble. They don't make such protestations in private.

To quote Earnest Hemingway: "All thinking me are atheists".

The Luke

To quote King David, "The fool hath said in his heart 'There is no God'"  ;D

All of your alleged superior intellect, yet you've had to do more twisting than Chubby Checker in his prime to mask the fact that you've pledged your would-be support to two men, who are professed Christians. Obama is NOT an atheist, and all of the squawking and bleating from your posts don't change that.

As for you supremely cracked notion that people with high intellects can't be Christians, that fallacy is so easy to take apart that it's almost criminal. As a matter of fact, the last time you mentioned this mess, I pointed out that a certain deceased minister made the list of the 2000 Most Oustanding Intellectuals of the 20th Century.

Of course, there's a certain scientist whose discovery made dairy products safe to eat. Add to that list, the CEO of Babytooth Technologies, who heads a company, dedicated to stem-cell research, that does not involve the use of embryos but gleans such from (take a wild guess). But, again, this is just too easy a feat.

Back to your taste in candidates, try as you might, you just can untangle yourself. By your own (extremely bone-headed) standards, Christians are morons, which means either you would support a "moron" for president, doing the very thing you've accuse me and others of doing. Or, you pitifully have to make bogus claims with paper-shred-thin substance to back them (i.e. claiming that Obama is an atheist) to cover your exposed hind-quarters.

Whatever the case may be, you are making yourself look utterly silly.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2008, 02:46:54 PM »
McWay,

I think you are (mis)reading into my posts statements that aren't being made... you're still in school right?

Give the Christian thing a couple of years, you'll become disillusioned as you mature... most do.

It's very obvious that you haven't read much of the Bible and don't understand the metaphors/symbology used.

The Luke

PS- one minister out of a list of 2000 intellectuals kinda makes MY point, not yours.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »
It tells me that, as I've said several times, that Palin shatters every image that the left has painted as the ideal late 20th/early 21st century woman. She's a CONSERVATIVE and she's become a smash on the political scene. Feminism, as we've come to know it, isn't about the advancement of women, overall. It's all about liberal, hard-left women. That has NEVER been more evident than now, with Palin in the spotlight.

As for your claim about Palin being "an absolute joke and an insult to every woman voter", that is flat-out FALSE, as shown by the number of conservative women who come to support Palin. And, if those polls (claiming that Obama hasn't closed the deal with the overwhelming majority of female H. Clinton voters) are on the money, then those lovely PUMAs don't think Palin is a joke.

It's not the fact that she's a conservative that bothers me. There are plenty of conservatives.
It's the fact that she hasn't got a clue! She's a corrupt, hypocritical, megalomaniacal God-bot without a clue.
w

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »
It's not the fact that she's a conservative that bothers me. There are plenty of conservatives.
It's the fact that she hasn't got a clue! She's a corrupt, hypocritical, megalomaniacal God-bot without a clue.

that sums it up   :D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
Elizabeth Dole was never on a ticket or considered a threat.

Elizabeth Dole was never considered a threat, ...not because she was never on a ticket,
because even if you disagreed with her way of doing things, you at least knew she was competent.

Palin is not considered a threat to an Obama presidency, ...she's far worse.
She is a threat to the safety & security of not only America, ...but the whole frikkin planet!

That is the real threat Palin represents.

The rest of the world was astonished and amazed (not in a good way) when that buffoon was ushered in.
And look at the giant fakkacta mess that has transpired since. You won't want to be around for a Palin presidency. I can assure you of that. If you think things are bad now... you ain't seen nothing yet. If the McCain/Palin ticket wins, ...watch and see how the rest of the world reacts.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
You have no idea what you're talking....hey look, a penny!

Thanks for the laugh!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:08 PM »

To quote Earnest Hemingway: "All thinking me are atheists".

The Luke

If you're refering to "organized relion" (religious dogma) I have to agree with you, ...however, I wonder do you draw a distinction between organized religion and spirituality?
w

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2008, 03:48:17 PM »
If you're refering to "organized relion" (religious dogma) I have to agree with you, ...however, I wonder do you draw a distinction between organized religion and spirituality?

...spirituality is a well understood neurological process.

Why couldn't the non-religious enjoy it? Intellectuals/atheists get goosebumps too... what's your point?

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »
McWay,

I think you are (mis)reading into my posts statements that aren't being made... you're still in school right?

Give the Christian thing a couple of years, you'll become disillusioned as you mature... most do.

Nice try with the whole condescending bit. But, I graduated from college over a decade ago and am probably older than you.

The simple fact is that you've gone on record as saying that you would support either Obama or Paul, both of whom are, by their own words, CHRISTIANS. Yet, you keep flapping your gums about how Christians are morons. To that end, while wiping copious amounts of egg off your face, you feebly try to claim that Obama is an atheist. He is NOT, end of story.

You stated on this thread that you would vote for Paul, except for one issue. That issue you mentioned, boy genius, was NOT Paul's Christian beliefs, which by your screwy standards, makes him a "moron" and puts YOU in the same boat that you've placed those who voted for President Bush or who will vote for the McCain/Palin ticket.

It's very obvious that you haven't read much of the Bible and don't understand the metaphors/symbology used.

The Luke

I've read more than enough to dismiss most of the foolishness you tend to post here. As a matter of fact, in one particular discussion, I picked apart a number of your claim, piece by piece, using specific references in the Bible about which you had virtually NO CLUE.

If you want to take that trip down memory lane again, that's fine with me. But, move it to the Religious Forum.

PS- one minister out of a list of 2000 intellectuals kinda makes MY point, not yours.

Not really. They don't have to be ministers. It ain't as if the other 1999 folks on there are atheists.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2008, 04:11:03 PM »
McWay,

You are a prime example of what Bill Maher is referring to... no one else who read any of our threads on the Religious Debates Board thought you were proving anything other than the depth of your own self-delusion.

No rational person could read the first page of the Bible without being befuddled by the contradictions... For example, Genesis has two creation stories back to back: one ending with the creation of man, one beginning with it.

But it's what Christians themselves don't know that is really frightening...

Could you answer any of these questions McWay? (Googling would be cheating in this instance)
-to whom is God speaking during the creation process?
-what is the name of Adam's FIRST wife?
-why are there two trees in the Garden of Eden?
-what do the trees represent?
-what is the name of the serpent?
-what does the serpent represent?
-what is the Land of Nod?

...do you understand any of the metaphor here, or are you a blind literalist?

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »
McWay,

You are a prime example of what Bill Maher is referring to... no one else who read any of our threads on the Religious Debates Board thought you were proving anything other than the depth of your own self-delusion.

No rational person could read the first page of the Bible without being befuddled by the contradictions... For example, Genesis has two creation stories back to back: one ending with the creation of man, one beginning with it.

But it's what Christians themselves don't know that is really frightening...

Could you answer any of these questions McWay? (Googling would be cheating in this instance)
-to whom is God speaking during the creation process?
-what is the name of Adam's FIRST wife?
-why are there two trees in the Garden of Eden?
-what do the trees represent?
-what is the name of the serpent?
-what does the serpent represent?
-what is the Land of Nod?

...do you understand any of the metaphor here, or are you a blind literalist?

The Luke

This has nothing to do the questions you posted here. This is about your inability to backtrack and cover your behind. You claimed that Christians were "morons" and that religious people (Christians, in particular) shouldn't be considered for public office, because they were "divorced from reality".

Yet, you have been quoted as stating that you WOULD support two candidates, Barack Obama and Ron Paul, both of whom are professed Christians.

You repeatedly claimed that Obama is an atheist, which he is NOT. And the reason you gave for not supporting Paul was due to an issue regarding his economic policies, NOT his Christian faith (or the fact that he's a Republican).

By your own silly words (and even sillier standards), Obama and Paul are "morons". And, you would support either one of them; hence, you are every bit the "moron" that you claim that those who support Bush or McCain are.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »
Didn't think you could answer any of those questions...

Thanks for proving my point.

Regarding yours... in every field of science all the top intellectuals are atheists. Why do you think clever people involved in politics would be any different?

In Europe the VAST majority of intellectual politicians are atheists... constituents such as yourself are the reason only two members of congress ADMIT to being atheists.

Seriously though... have a go at answering those questions; I'd like to see just how literal and simplistic your thinking is.

The Luke

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2008, 04:32:57 PM »
...spirituality is a well understood neurological process.

Why couldn't the non-religious enjoy it? Intellectuals/atheists get goosebumps too... what's your point?

The Luke

I was just wondering if you classified the 2 as one and the same because I definitely do not.
Some people believe them to be the same.

Personally, I don't believe Obama is a "Christian", ...at least not in the general sense that most people assume a "Christian" to be. I believe the man is deeply spiritual, and that he draws strengths and courage from the "Christian" legacy, ...but I believe the man to be deeply spiritual with a firm foundation in common sense, something sorely lacking in todays dogmatic God-bots.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »

Regarding yours... in every field of science all the top intellectuals are atheists. Why do you think clever people involved in politics would be any different?

In Europe the VAST majority of intellectual politicians are atheists... constituents such as yourself are the reason only two members of congress ADMIT to being atheists.

Seriously though... have a go at answering those questions; I'd like to see just how literal and simplistic your thinking is.

The Luke

Luke,

The bottomm line is that Osama bin Laden himself could appear before the Republican God-bots and says he's had a religious experience, has become a born-again christian, ...and they would vote for him to be President in a heart-beat. And the religious right would respond with "God works in mysterious ways".
w

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
He's an atheist.
When he's outside the US, does he make time to go to Church...?

Similarly, Martin Luther King Jr was most probably an atheist... he surrounded himself with atheist advisers and didn't speak in religious terms except before his congregation.

I'm not off base here... Mother Theresa was an atheist (her private letters have shown this, much to the delight of anti-theists such as Christopher Hitchens).

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »

Wrong again. As I said earlier, if you want to go that route, take it to the Religious forum.

The "top intellectuals" who are atheists make no bones about it. The politicians, including the two you mentioned that you would support, said that they are Christians. You have no evidence to the contrary, other than your cracked beliefs that they are somehow closet atheists, because your skewed mind can't comprehend an intellegent person ALSO being a man/woman of faith.

That's your issue, however, not mine and certainly not that of millions of other people.

NEWS FLASH!!! This ain't Europe. This is about the United States of America. Obama isn't an atheist.

The Luke

Again, going off-topic to save your behind don't cut it here. Take those questions to the Religious forum.

He's an atheist.
When he's outside the US, does he make time to go to Church...?

Similarly, Martin Luther King Jr was most probably an atheist... he surrounded himself with atheist advisers and didn't speak in religious terms except before his congregation.

<<<<pause for floor-pounding, belly-aching laughter>>>>>

It's a good thing I'm not drinking anything at the moment, or my monitor would be a mess. King gave the most famous SPEECH OF HIS LIFE, using religious terms. And, boy genius, King was a MINISTER, as are at least two of his children, son MLK III and daughter Bernice, both of whom took their cues from dear old dad. At no time did King proclaim that there is no God or that he'd rejected his faith.

Even by your standards, this is downright pathetic. First, Obama; now King. What other prominent figure are you going to foolishly and inaccurately claim is/was an atheist?

Lest you forget about King's most well-known speech, here are a few excerpts:

Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children."

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring—when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children—black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics—will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

And, you have the gall to call someone else a "moron".  ::)

I'm not off base here... Mother Theresa was an atheist (her private letters have shown this, much to the delight of anti-theists such as Christopher Hitchens).

The Luke

More supreme foolishness from atheists. Her private letters show a woman of despair, as many people have been in life. Even Jesus' own cousin, John the Baptist (who baptized Jesus and declared Him to be the Messiah) asked, while in prison and during despair, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?"

Many Christians have felt at times that God was not with them, during hard times. Mother Theresa was no different. Yet, AT NO TIME, does she claim that there is no God. There's a world of difference, between having doubt, during times of strife, and empathically declaring that God doesn't exist. So, as much as I like a good laugh, spare me this foolishness. My abs can't take the pain.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »
Wrong again. As I said earlier, if you want to go that route, take it to the Religious forum.

The "top intellectuals" who are atheists make no bones about it. The politicians, including the two you mentioned that you would support, said that they are Christians. You have no evidence to the contrary, other than your cracked beliefs that they are somehow closet atheists, because your skewed mind can't comprehend an intellegent person ALSO being a man/woman of faith.

That's your issue, however, not mine and certainly not that of millions of other people.

NEWS FLASH!!! This ain't Europe. This is about the United States of America. Obama isn't an atheist.

Again, going off-topic to save your behind don't cut it here. Take those questions to the Religious forum.

<<<<pause for floor-pounding, belly-aching laughter>>>>>

It's a good thing I'm not drinking anything at the moment, or my monitor would be a mess. King gave the most famous SPEECH OF HIS LIFE, using religious terms. And, boy genius, King was a MINISTER, as are at least two of his children, son MLK III and daughter Bernice, both of whom took their cues from dear old dad. At no time did King proclaim that there is no God or that he'd rejected his faith.

Even by your standards, this is downright pathetic. First, Obama; now King. What other prominent figure are you going to foolishly and inaccurately claim is/was an atheist?

Lest you forget about King's most well-known speech, here are a few excerpts:

Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children."

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring—when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children—black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics—will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

And, you have the gall to call someone else a "moron".  ::)

More supreme foolishness from atheists. Her private letters show a woman of despair, as many people have been in life. Even Jesus' own cousin, John the Baptist (who baptized Jesus and declared Him to be the Messiah) asked, while in prison and during despair, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?"

Many Christians have felt at times that God was not with them, during hard times. Mother Theresa was no different. Yet, AT NO TIME, does she claim that there is no God. There's a world of difference, between having doubt, during times of strife, and empathically declaring that God doesn't exist. So, as much as I like a good laugh, spare me this foolishness. My abs can't take the pain.

Desert Storm god does not exist. Solved.
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2008, 05:19:54 PM »
Luke,

The bottomm line is that Osama bin Laden himself could appear before the Republican God-bots and says he's had a religious experience, has become a born-again christian, ...and they would vote for him to be President in a heart-beat. And the religious right would respond with "God works in mysterious ways".

Meanwhile, the liberal left would have tea and crumpets with a guy, who states IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that he, if given the chance and the means, would wipe your people and your country (and that of one of your allies) off the face of the planet.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »
Desert Storm god does not exist. Solved.

Apparently, Luke ain't convinced of your "stirring" analysis, as he's now had to resort to FALSELY claiming that Obama, MLK, and Mother Theresa are atheists.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »
Apparently, Luke ain't convinced of your "stirring" analysis, as he's now had to resort to FALSELY claiming that Obama, MLK, and Mother Theresa are atheists.

Mother Theresa was; her letters prove it.
I hate the State.