Author Topic: Will politics in bodybuilding favor Dennis Wolf and putting him at no 1!  (Read 3313 times)

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
Re: Will politics in bodybuilding favor Dennis Wolf and putting him at no 1!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »
hes signed w/ md.  same reason md cant feature weider bodybuilders in their magazine.

Phil Heath was on the cover of MD after his Ironman win though.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
eactly..if there were 20 winners of teh olympia it would detract from the exclusivity and prestige of event.

Hece having 4 winners in the past 24 years

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »
IT'S TIME FOR THE WOLF!!

THE BIG BAD WOLF!!

TIME FOR DENNIS WOLF!!

TEAM WOLF!!

TEAM WOLF REPRESENT!

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 05:53:32 PM »
dennis looks pretty badass there

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
yes smoking is cool. Makes your teeth whiter and stops you getting cancer.

On a side not look at the arab in background...looks like a high school dork...prob worth 100million lol

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 06:55:26 PM »
dennis looks pretty badass there

badass indeed

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 07:04:59 PM »
badass indeed

I'm looking forward to wolf throwin down some ownings at the press conference

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
I'm looking forward to wolf throwin down some ownings at the press conference

me too.  >:( >:(

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 06:13:34 AM »
I think he'll retire because I get the impression that the fire and passion is waning. He has nothing left to prove and is financially set. Also, being a professional bodybuilder is not an easy life. The diet (both bulking and cutting) alone can wear thin. And the constant daily training and being a human pin cushion can't be fun. Then there's the toll it takes on your body and health. It would be nice just to live a normal life where you can eat like a  normal person and just train for the enjoyment of it without all the pressure. I don't think Jay is like Ronnie where he likes walking around at 300lbs and throwing tons of weights around.

I see Jay just settling down raising a family and being a successful business man. He seem like a smart down to earth guy with the ability to keep things in perspective.

Maybe you're right, I just always think of 2002 when everyone said Ronnie was gonna retire, then he did the opposite and came in more dominant than ever for 3 more years. With Vic out this year I reckon Jay's got it in the bag, and most champions want as many titles as they can get, but like you say he's not a passionate powerlifting behemoth like Ronnie sow who knows.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »
cutler should enjoy the last stage of his life in his backyard gardening and feeding the kids. force him in retirement cause he wont do it.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 02:17:19 AM »
Maybe you're right, I just always think of 2002 when everyone said Ronnie was gonna retire, then he did the opposite and came in more dominant than ever for 3 more years. With Vic out this year I reckon Jay's got it in the bag, and most champions want as many titles as they can get, but like you say he's not a passionate powerlifting behemoth like Ronnie sow who knows.

Cutler is no Ronnie. Nobody is. I don't think we'll see the likes of Ronnie for a long time. And I don't mean just in his physique but his love for iron. He still seems like a big kid and just loves to train. And I mean real hardcore training. It gets tough as you get older and even harder when you don't really need to do it anymore. It's one thing for people to say that Ronnie would or should have retired in 2002 but he never said that. I still think, and fear, that Ronnie will be true to his word and come back in 2009. Now he should retire but I think he just still has the passion to train and compete. Not so with Jay. And nothing against Jay. I think Jay is a much more normal, balanced person. Well, as far as pro bodybuilders go.