Author Topic: John McCain just backed out of the Friday Presidential Debate  (Read 11567 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: John McCain just backed out of the Friday Presidential Debate
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »
If Americans elect McCain over Obama it will confirm to the world what everyone already thinks: American foreign policy is a complete and utter joke.

Go Canada !!!

w

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
worse he backed out on letterman.
DAWG

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »
Obama = Politics before country.

Do you have any original thoughts?  Any ???
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »
Mccain is using the discussion over the financial bailout to get out of facing Obama in Friday's Presidential debate in Mississippi.

McCain:
'I'm suspending my campaign' because of financial crisis, and want to delay the debate.

Obama:
"I'm preparing to debate on Friday.'
"My general view is that the american people need to know what we intend to do in moving the economy forward."
"It's more imporant than ever to debate these topics for the American people."

Obama went on to explain he will work hard on the bill, then fly to Miss. for the debate as planned.  After all, a President should be able to multi-task.

NOTE:
Keep in mind - Mccain fell from 2 points up, to NINE POINTS DOWN, from Sept 7th until today.  He hasn't let his VP selection Sarah palin take a single press conference in 4 weeks since announcing, and his campaign is running out of money.  He's now behind in Ohio, and the poll aggregates at www.pollster.com have him losing.  On top of all that, he's going to look very old and fragile next to a younger Obama at the debate, and he didn't want that.

One, McCain has been asking Obama for months to have town hall meetings with him (before this financial stuff came to the forefront). That's hardly a sign of someone afraid of the IL senator.

Furthermore, the topic scheduled for Friday is FOREIGN POLICY, which most agree is McCain's strongest point. Just days ago, the Obama camp, according to reporters, were basically conceding that McCain would win this debate. They simply wanted Obama to have a good showing.

As for the poll numbers, that all depends on who you ask. A Zogby poll has McCain up 48-46; while, Gallup has them tied at 46.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »
The best one ever was on the Hard ball college tour... they ask him if hes for Gay Marriage... he says.... yes we can have ceremonies for them etc...

13 mins later a student asks him "whats your position on gay marriage"  he replies "im against it" the crowd boooos him and he shurgs his shoulders and says "thats how I feel"

hahahah in 13 mins he changed his position...

Actually, he flip-flopped in only 11 minutes.
I guess his alzheimer's kicked in and he forgot he was at the same venue, and that only 11 mins had passed.
w

musclepug

• Getbig II
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »
They should have kept McCain in a box. Obviously he learned nothing as a POW. His wife is the scariest bitch I've ever seen.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2008, 03:42:14 PM »
Republicans think that war is a movie.

They want to give John McCain the lead.
G