Author Topic: Anyone here going to vote for Ralph Nader? In the absence of Ron Paul I am...  (Read 1476 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
seriously considering it...

Is anyone else here?
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
no

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Why not?
::) you've read my posts...  do I really need to repeat everything again?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Is anyone else here?

Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin.
he has a huge problem with Chuck being religious if I remeber right.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
::) you've read my posts...  do I really need to repeat everything again?

Hugo, honestly I haven't kept up tp date on the politics board recently; forgive me. You don't need to roll the eyes; if you tell me now I will remember. :)
I hate the State.

Purge_WTF

Is anyone else here?

Me.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
he has a huge problem with Chuck being religious if I remeber right.

I don't think so.  Chuck is a Christian pastor, yes, but he's also very critical of the religious right.  As a politician, he puts the constitution first.  Ron Paul is a practicing Christian too.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Hugo, honestly I haven't kept up tp date on the politics board recently; forgive me. You don't need to roll the eyes; if you tell me now I will remember. :)
we just talked about it yesterday, not months ago.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone here going to vote for Ralph Nader? In the absence of Ron Paul I am...
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 06:39:56 AM »
I don't think so.  Chuck is a Christian pastor, yes, but he's also very critical of the religious right.  As a politician, he puts the constitution first.  Ron Paul is a practicing Christian too.
It was an issue for Deicide.  Chucks not going to get in.  The only crazy Christian that might be president in the next 4 years is Palin.  It seems an important issue to Deicide.  Voting for Nader isn't going to keep Palin from being VP and maybe president.

Mate, Chuck Baldwin is an ultra religious maniac:

Baldwin graduated from La Porte High School in 1971 and then attended Midwestern Baptist College in Pontiac, Michigan, for two years. On June 2, 1973, Baldwin married the former Connie Kay Cole, whom he met in college. They have three children and, currently, six grandchildren. He enrolled in the Thomas Road Bible Institute (now the Liberty Bible Institute at Liberty University) and graduated with a Bible diploma. He then earned bachelor's and master's degrees in theology through external programs from Christian Bible College in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Baldwin has received two honorary doctor of divinity degrees -- from Christian Bible College and from Trinity Baptist College in Jacksonville, Florida.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone here going to vote for Ralph Nader? In the absence of Ron Paul I am...
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 06:45:08 AM »
If I view it so important to stop the possibility of 4 more years of neocon access to the presidency and everyone here knows that, I say it all the time--why the hell would I vote for Nader?  Yea, I like Nader, but that's not the point.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 06:45:45 AM »
Chucks not going to get in.  The only crazy Christian that might be president in the next 4 years is Palin.  It seems an important issue to Deicide.  Voting for Nader isn't going to keep Palin from being VP and maybe president.

Nader is not going to get in either.  From what I've read about Chuck, he's not a "crazy Christian."  I do like Nader, but I think Ron Paul is much better, and in Ron Paul's absence, I would personally consider voting for whom Ron Paul endorses.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 06:49:51 AM »
If I view it so important to stop the possibility of 4 more years of neocon access to the presidency and everyone here knows that, I say it all the time--why the hell would I vote for Nader?  Yea, I like Nader, but that's not the point.

When it comes to those little bitty, somewhat important issues such as foreign policy and the US and world economy, there is very little to no difference between McCain and Obama.  The only difference between the two is all talk.  They both cater to corporations.  The independent candidates do not.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 06:49:55 AM »
Nader is not going to get in either.  From what I've read about Chuck, he's not a "crazy Christian."  I do like Nader, but I think Ron Paul is much better, and in Ron Paul's absence, I would personally consider voting for whom Ron Paul endorses.
I added Deicide's previous quote to my quote above, check it out.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 06:53:24 AM »
When it comes to those little bitty, somewhat important issues such as foreign policy and the US and world economy, there is very little to no difference between McCain and Obama.   The only difference between the two is all talk.  They both cater to corporations.  The independent candidates do not.
OH yes there is.  I made my view clear on it the other day so I won't retype:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=236601.msg3326822#msg3326822

If you tried to say Obama would be as willing to jump into new wars as McCain, I will die laughing my ass off.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 06:58:17 AM »
OH yes there is.  I made my view clear on it the other day so I won't retype:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=236601.msg3326822#msg3326822

If you tried to say Obama would be as willing to jump into new wars as McCain, I will die laughing my ass off.

Talk, nothing but cheap talk from both McCain and Obama.  Obama wants to shift troops from Iraq to Afghanistan, and pump more money into this war, money that doesn't exist.  Like I said, very little difference between those two.  Ron Paul, Nader, Chuck, Barr on the other hand say bring the troops home and adopt an non-intervention policy.  Now that's a big difference from Obama and McCain.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 07:08:07 AM »
Talk, nothing but cheap talk from both McCain and Obama.  Obama wants to shift troops from Iraq to Afghanistan, and pump more money into this war, money that doesn't exist.  Like I said, very little difference between those two.  Ron Paul, Nader, Chuck, Barr on the other hand say bring the troops home and adopt an non-intervention policy.  Now that's a big difference from Obama and McCain.
politics, not cheap talk, it's called bullshitting.  I will say it yet one more time.  If you want to get an idea on how a candidate will be in office, don't go by what they say during a general election, both sides bullshit and shift and flip flop for votes.  If Obama didn't sound tough now, he'd have them full on hitting him with the "another 9/11 under Obama."  So look, if you look to their spoken words and policies before the election, there is a massive world of difference between Obama and McCain and it's a much better indication than listening to the crap these guys say now!  THAT'S A FACT.  Or just you just now hear that most of the stuff spewed during the election simply never happens.  It's old news ;) 

And so now I'll ask you, concerning new wars, are you telling me that Obama will jump as easily and eager as McCain will? This I would like to hear...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:26 AM »
politics, not cheap talk, it's called bullshitting.  I will say it yet one more time.  If you want to get an idea on how a candidate will be in office, don't go by what they say during a general election, both sides bullshit and shift and flip flop for votes.  If Obama didn't sound tough now, he'd have them full on hitting him with the "another 9/11 under Obama."  So look, if you look to their spoken words and policies before the election, there is a massive world of difference between Obama and McCain and it's a much better indication than listening to the crap these guys say now!  THAT'S A FACT. 

And so now I'll ask you, concerning new wars, are you telling me that Obama will jump as easily and eager as McCain will? This I would like to hear...

If you can't go by what they say now, what can you go by?  By that logic, Obama is as likely to start new wars as McCain, and McCain is just as likely not to start new wars as Obama.  I don't know the answer to your question.  How are we supposed to know if all they do now is lie?  Ron Paul on the other hand has always been honest and consistent.  Ron Paul says vote for neither one of these, and many are listening to him.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 07:22:26 AM »
If you can't go by what they say now, what can you go by.  By that logic, Obama is as likely to start new wars as McCain, and McCain is just as likely not to start new wars as Obama.  I don't know the answer to your question.  How are we supposed to know if all they do now is lie?  Ron Paul on the other hand has always been honest and consistent.  Ron Paul says vote for neither one of these, and many are listening to him.
I just told you what was a better indicator.  Go more by what they said and did before the election.  Go by their positions before the election, go by stated beliefs before the election.  I didn't make the rule of thumb that most of what gets said in the general election for president usually never happens.  That's just a fact backed up by past elections.  And you do know the answer to the question.  If you go by what I said, McCain will be the one who most likely gets us engaged in more wars, by a long shot!!!!!!  Research the things they said before the election.  McCain comes across like a warmonger, but not Obama.  again, these false shifts happen for a reason in the general and both candidates do it for reasons.  If Obama sounded like he did before the election, they'd be hitting the fear angle bigtime so he shifts.  McCain is also not the man he was before the election, do you think he'll be more like how he appears in the general or how he appeared before the general?  easy stuff...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 07:55:49 AM »
I just told you what was a better indicator.  Go more by what they said and did before the election.  Go by their positions before the election, go by stated beliefs before the election.  I didn't make the rule of thumb that most of what gets said in the general election for president usually never happens.  That's just a fact backed up by past elections.  And you do know the answer to the question.  If you go by what I said, McCain will be the one who most likely gets us engaged in more wars, by a long shot!!!!!!  Research the things they said before the election.  McCain comes across like a warmonger, but not Obama.  again, these false shifts happen for a reason in the general and both candidates do it for reasons.  If Obama sounded like he did before the election, they'd be hitting the fear angle bigtime so he shifts.  McCain is also not the man he was before the election, do you think he'll be more like how he appears in the general or how he appeared before the general?  easy stuff...

You have your reasons for voting for evil...what you consider to be the lesser of the two evils, but evil nonetheless.  But there are other choices out there and many people have their reasons for going with those other choices.  If you prefer Obama because his policies dictate intervention and wasting money, only less of both, many people prefer to vote for no intervention and no wasting money at all.  Voting for "some" intervention goes against their principles.   In other words, voting Obama would be voting for the same crap, just less of it.  Others prefer voting for none of it.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:44 AM »
You have your reasons for voting for evil...what you consider to be the lesser of the two evils, but evil nonetheless.  But there are other choices out there and many people have their reasons for going with those other choices.  If you prefer Obama because his policies dictate intervention and wasting money, only less of both, many people prefer to vote for no intervention and no wasting money at all.  Voting for "some" intervention goes against their principles.   In other words, voting Obama would be voting for the same crap, just less of it.  Others prefer voting for none of it.

Fuck it, I am voting for Nader. Baldwin is a religious maniac. Nader all the way; if only Ron Paul had gone independent... :-\
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »
Fuck it, I am voting for Nader. Baldwin is a religious maniac. Nader all the way; if only Ron Paul had gone independent... :-\

Ron Paul will be proud of you, for voting for neither Obama nor McCain.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 09:28:02 AM »
Ron Paul will be proud of you, for voting for neither Obama nor McCain.

There are four important issues that Ron Paul and Nader see eye to eye on...and they are friends.

I am tired of voting for piles of feces...and always trying to choose the less smelly one...
I hate the State.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:29 AM »

Hahaha. so you are not really voting FOR anyone.

Just voting AGAINST the right, eh?