Author Topic: Ok who won  (Read 2794 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Ok who won
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »
Its almost pointless because we'll all fall along party lines.....Here's what Drudge's poll said.

{{{{DRUDGE POLL}}}} WHO WON THE FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

MCCAIN

72% 8,859
 OBAMA

26% 3,173
 NEITHER

3% 353

Total Votes: 12,385

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Ok who won
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »
I thought both guys did enough, no major gaffes. However McCain said Obama was naive and didn't get it while Obama said he agreed with McCain...thats being made into an add.
L

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:48:07 PM »
Drudge ?

hahaaaaaaaa!

NT

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:55:05 PM »
Yeah drudge.....I'm digging for others. And Drudge is a news clearing house.....
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »
mccain won but it was close and like you said no gaffes by either side...The debate got better as it went on for the first 10-15 mins i was seriously thinking of switching the channel

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
Drudge ?

hahaaaaaaaa!

NT
LOL you had libs quoting national enquirer a week or so ago...by the way how did that story pan out?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »
first impressions

McCain did much better than I thought he would

Obama can seem robotic at times

McCain is savvy politician and also a person who will lie to your face

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 08:05:45 PM »
first impressions

McCain did much better than I thought he would

Obama can seem robotic at times

McCain is savvy politician and also a person who will lie to your face
Agreed but to think anything different about obama is ignorant and very stupid...

Was it just me or did mccain look younger than usual and obama look older than usual tonight?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »
Agreed but to think anything different about obama is ignorant and very stupid...

Was it just me or did mccain look younger than usual and obama look older than usual tonight?

McCain looked better than I expected and performed better than I expected

I think he's a very talented liar

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:09:07 PM »
McCain looked better than I expected and did better than I expected

I think he's a very talented liar
what about obama strawman? you dont think he is a bold faced liar as well?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »
what about obama strawman? you dont think he is a bold faced liar as well?

much less so

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:31:16 PM »
McCain gained momentum in the last hour.  Obama was composed.  Nobody fucked up majorly.  Call it what it was.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
a tie?

I'll never never vote for McCain

my only choices are

1.  don't vote
2.  vote for some "alternative" party
3.  vote for Obama
4.  don't vote (yes, this is a repeat)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »
Its almost pointless because we'll all fall along party lines.....Here's what Drudge's poll said.

{{{{DRUDGE POLL}}}} WHO WON THE FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

MCCAIN

72% 8,859
 OBAMA

26% 3,173
 NEITHER

3% 353

Total Votes: 12,385

Umm no YOU fall along party lines with your constant everyone's a liberal diarrhea of the mouth. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »
i thought Obama won the first half and McCain the second half. 
Kind of even

I call it inconsequential. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »
i thought Obama won the first half and McCain the second half. 
Kind of even

I call it inconsequential. 

That's how I felt.  Although, it favors Obama by the sheer fact that he's leading in the polls.

I thought McCain had to avoid appearing old and out of touch.  He accomplished that.
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 09:44:31 PM »
I agree with Pat Buchanan. No knockout by either guy; but McCain gets it on points.

All three networks (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) seem to come to the consensus that Obama let McCain dictate the pace of this debate. He didn't take command and DID NOT go for the jugular or the knockout blow.

And, that continues to worry some Democrats, that Obama can't seal the deal.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 10:34:23 PM »

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 11:34:43 PM »
Obama seemed way narrow from the front. McCain was way wider, but the height difference made him look overall smaller.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 11:43:48 PM »
I can't find a single poll yet that has McCain winning.  Most have obama with a decent lead. 

Seeing as they're nearly tied in polls, it means that a lot of people who plan on voting for mccain, believe that obama won.

WWill be cool to see more polls emerge.  I missed the debate, looking for it now.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 11:49:44 PM »
drudge has mccain winning, wow.  i'm looking for a replay.

i can't wait to see the polls move.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »
drudge has mccain winning, wow.  i'm looking for a replay.

i can't wait to see the polls move.

I think overall it was so even you are gonna see votes along partisian lines. Drudge is just a clearing house so im sure once the libs wakeup it will be more even.

McCain failed on the first part, but was strong on the second. I dont know that the poll numbers will change at all after this.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 12:13:14 AM »

Not only that, but B. O. was sweating like a slave. I could almost smell him through my television.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 06:40:10 AM »
 September 27, 2008,  1:47 am
The First Debate: A Win for Obama

By Michael A. Cohen

Michael A. Cohen is a senior research fellow at the New America Foundation and the author of “Live From the Campaign Trail: The Greatest Presidential Campaign Speeches of the 20th Century and How They Shaped Modern America.” (Full biography.)

Any analysis of the first presidential debate in Oxford, Miss,. must begin with a simple question:What was each candidate trying to achieve?

For Barack Obama it was all about the half of all Americans who still think he lacks the requisite qualifications to be president. Would he seem knowledgeable and effective in talking about serious foreign policy issues? Would he be able to reassure them that they can trust him with the nation’s most powerful job? Would he be able to go toe-to-toe with John McCain.

For Mr. McCain, who is trailing in the polls and has had a rough two-week stretch since the financial crisis broke, he needed a clear victory Friday night. Considering that foreign policy is seen as his strong point he needed to portray Mr. Obama as naďve and inexperienced and not up to the job of commander in chief. More important, after his behavior of this past week, he needed to cultivate an air of statesmanship and counteract the growing chorus of recklessness being heard in the national media.

On a substantive level, both candidates acquitted themselves well. In a political vacuum, this debate would seem like a tie. But as any fan of baseball knows, the tie goes to the runner.

Well, in politics, the tie goes to the candidate who has the momentum and right now that candidate is Barack Obama and from that perspective the debate was an important tactical victory for him. He more than held his own and at times seemed more effective and knowledgeable than Mr. McCain whose efforts to paint his rival as inexperienced fell flat and occasionally seemed mean-spirited.

Beyond the mere question of expectations, Mr. Obama was far better at relating the debate to those issues that are of greatest concern to voters. His relentless message discipline was again on keen display.

Nowhere was that more evident than in the debate’s initial economic discussion. While neither candidate seemed willing to go on the record in support of the federal bailout plan now being negotiated in Washington, Mr. Obama talked about the financial crisis in terms of how it affected voters directly. He linked the turmoil on Wall Street to issues like health care and jobs, and he seemed more empathetic than Mr. McCain.

Mr. McCain spent much of the economic part of the debate talking about earmark spending. He mentioned it three times and was relentless in his focus on the scourge of government spending. As one TV commentator joked, he clearly has sewn up the anti-earmark segment of the electorate.

But it begs the question: Are Americans really concerned about government spending? At a time when there are warnings of another Great Depression, Mr. McCain’s incessant focus seemed off the mark and unhelpful.

On the larger foreign policy questions, Mr. McCain was far stronger and consistently hit his main talking points, particularly in describing his support for the surge in Iraq and raising doubt about the qualifications of his opponent. On the latter point, he said repeatedly that Mr. Obama “doesn’t understand” the key issues affecting the country. But he might have taken the point too far. Considering that more than half of all Americans support Mr. Obama’s view of the war in Iraq (namely that it was a mistake) and agree with him about the need to speak directly with foreign leaders who are enemies of the United States, Mr. McCain risked indirectly insulting voters who share Mr. Obama’s views. His constant refrain, while effective message discipline, may have brought diminishing returns for the candidate

In addition, it seems clear that Mr. McCain does not like his opponent. He never looked at him and even in the pre-debate handshake gave him an apparent cold shoulder. The result was that Mr. McCain at times seemed annoyed with Mr. Obama and unable to hide his contempt.

In contrast, Mr. Obama was restrained, even laconic, passing up numerous opportunities to aggressively counter-attack his opponent. At times he wandered too far into law professor mode, but for the supposedly less experienced candidate, there were no obvious mistakes or gaffes. It was a workmanlike performance. And the one word that came to mind when watching the Democratic nominee was “statesmanlike.” Even if you didn’t agree with Mr. Obama, it’s hard to argue that he didn’t come across as serious and sober.

Maybe this was purposeful; an effort to cultivate an image of the steady hand. His constant assertion that Mr. McCain was “right” or that he agreed with him seemed at times over the top, but likely appealed to undecided voters tired of partisanship in Washington.

In the end, Mr. Obama went into Friday night the clear favorite in the presidential election. Nothing that happened in Mississippi changed the direction of the race. And with less than 40 days until Election Day that means a win in Mr. Obama’s column.
!