Author Topic: The King's Olympia Observations.. The truth!  (Read 25733 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: The King's Olympia Observations.. The truth!
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »
Anyway, I got back on track tonight and blasted chest and triceps. I am pushing 288 lbs. so I think I will increase the cardio a bit to slow things down. My rebound is the best ever but I do not want to jump past 290.. That's too much to fast.
Why is it "too much too fast"?

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »
Gaining 40 pounds in 3 weeks is too much too fast. I feel it in my heart and that's a dead end street. It's better to slow down the weight gain so I don't put too much pressure on my heart.. I have seen many bodybuilders end up in the hospital with irregular heart beats after shows because of this exact reason.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »
Oh. Makes sense. I would love 40lbs in 3 weeks.  :P

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2008, 05:39:29 PM »
Oh. Makes sense. I would love 40lbs in 3 weeks.  :P

It would be very hard on your body to adapt to that. Especially the water weight.

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
No you would not brother.. It's not a good feeling at all. You might look like a monster but you feel like a dying moose. The heart can only take so much and when you see healthy young men like Steve Stone pass away from a heart attack.. you start to wonder and get smart real fast.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
Your probably right  , BUT...40 lbs of extra muscle means then I only got 60 lbs to go untill im where I want to be !  :-\     ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2008, 07:14:48 PM »
Your probably right  , BUT...40 lbs of extra muscle means then I only got 60 lbs to go untill im where I want to be !  :-\     ;D

Well alot of Kings 40lbs is glycogen and water. Not actually muscle tissue, so its a good idea to back down like he said.

Stavios

« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:18 PM »
No you would not brother.. It's not a good feeling at all. You might look like a monster but you feel like a dying moose. The heart can only take so much and when you see healthy young men like Steve Stone pass away from a heart attack.. you start to wonder and get smart real fast.

very true !!!

after my show in july, I was weighting 190 lbs at the show and 242 a month after  ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2008, 07:56:16 PM »
very true !!!

after my show in july, I was weighting 190 lbs at the show and 242 a month after  ;D

Stavios why dont u post up some offseason pics and start an offseason thread on here? that'd be cool

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2008, 08:39:27 PM »
You know its funny, a lot of people will say stuff like, dude you suck as a pro really bad and that's a fact.  ::) Seems like a lot of people don't know that difference between facts and an opinion. Probabely more than 90% of the people on Getbig said that King would never place in the top 15 of a second tier show. They also said that he would not be able to reduce his waist size. Well not only did he place in the top 15, but he placed 6th out of 52 guys in the hardest show of the year next to the Olympia and the Arnold Classic and yes, his waist was flat as a board. Now, THAT'S A FACT!!!! King changed his physique has now reversed the effects of Palumboism.  ;D Actually I do not like that term as to put it plain and simple it is not nice. Name one BBer who has EVER done anything like King has achieved!!!  I do believe that King could have qualified for the Olympia had he entered one of the other shows, I also believe that he could have placed in the top 10 at the Olympia. More importantly though is the fact he has changed his look totally.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2008, 09:51:56 PM »
lmao top ten??? want to put $$ on that ill bet 5k says no way in hell ever again will place top ten  you down??? put your $$ were your mouth is

Derek King placed a controversial 6th at the AC pro, when he should have been fifth or maybe even fourth.

He was only 2 spots behind Toney Freeman who two weeks later placed top five at the olympia, what makes u think he couldnt be top 10 in front of someone like Moe El Mosawi ( sp? ) ???

Hes not that far off, he brought his waist down, improved his arms and had the best conditioning in atlantic city.

All King needs to do is add some outer thigh and increase the seperation in his legs and he could easily place top 10 at the arnold or olympia. Hes not that far off at all.

I think what King did this year is just a preview of bigger things to come. He only worked with Jim Magnone for a few months leading up to this show and totally changed his physique, what makes u think he cant make even more drastic changes with a year or more with the same plan???

Just my 2 cents
Glen

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2008, 09:59:28 PM »
Remember this fellas

This Board clearly states, " Positive board with no attacks or negative posts for fans of the bodybuilding sport, whether it be professional or amatuer. Discussions, news, info or whatever questions you feel like asking without getting flamed. Keep it positive, clean and bodybuilding oriented only. "

If I, or any of the other Mods, see a Post that doesn't abide by the Rules, it WILL get Deleted. Let's make this a fun, enjoyable Board, fellas. You want to insult someone ... belittle them ... post somewhere else. Thank you.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »
Remember this fellas

This Board clearly states, " Positive board with no attacks or negative posts for fans of the bodybuilding sport, whether it be professional or amatuer. Discussions, news, info or whatever questions you feel like asking without getting flamed. Keep it positive, clean and bodybuilding oriented only. "

If I, or any of the other Mods, see a Post that doesn't abide by the Rules, it WILL get Deleted. Let's make this a fun, enjoyable Board, fellas. You want to insult someone ... belittle them ... post somewhere else. Thank you.

You're welcome. ;D  ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2008, 03:22:56 AM »
The only way you will ever win the O is if you fly in on a Magic Carpet with Ali Malla or Samir Bannout and steal it from your boytoy Blechman. Go away Kamali. Or go back to smoking Camel Shit from your Hooka pipe.
Thats not exactly positive now is it?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2008, 05:13:42 AM »
Thats not exactly positive now is it?
No, it wasn't. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2008, 06:03:55 AM »
No, it wasn't. >:(
Nice clean up. Some people just don't understand what being positive is.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2008, 06:28:09 AM »
King,

why will you talk about insulin use

but not your steroid cycle
T

Stavios

« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2008, 07:33:06 AM »
Stavios why dont u post up some offseason pics and start an offseason thread on here? that'd be cool

I'll tell you why !

cause I look like shit right now !  ;D
I'm off the vitamins for the fall so I just try to hold on to what I have.

but I can gain 50 pounds and I look the same. I look bigger in clothes but without clothes I just look like I did at 190 lbs with the same proportions and I still look thin, exept I am smoother  ;D

Stavios

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2008, 07:34:34 AM »
King,

why will you talk about insulin use

but not your steroid cycle

maybe because steroids are illegal and he doesn't post behind a screen name

is that a good reason ?  ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
I'll tell you why !

cause I look like shit right now !  ;D
I'm off the vitamins for the fall so I just try to hold on to what I have.

but I can gain 50 pounds and I look the same. I look bigger in clothes but without clothes I just look like I did at 190 lbs with the same proportions and I still look thin, exept I am smoother  ;D

well as soon as u get your vitamin prescription refilled u start posting some pics and start a thread :)

u have one of the best physiques on this site, so it'd be a cool thread.

Stavios

« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2008, 09:01:20 AM »
thanks for the props Flex.

I don't think I will compete next year but I will still do a diet next spring in a quest to become inhumanly shredded  8)
I won't do a show cause I'll still be too small but I think I can achieve extreme rippedness if I stop worring about losing muscle mass.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »
thanks for the props Flex.

I don't think I will compete next year but I will still do a diet next spring in a quest to become inhumanly shredded  8)
I won't do a show cause I'll still be too small but I think I can achieve extreme rippedness if I stop worring about losing muscle mass.

i think about everyone can if they do this small lil' thing! I think people just think they have more muscle than they really do, and dont want to get below a certain bodyweight, but by doing this, they never achieve the level of conditioning that it takes to be shredded ! ;D

Stavios

« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »
absolutely.

that's why if I just get ripped for the hell of it, without having a show in mind, I won't care about being smaller  8)

I am looking foward to this, just want to continu to add some muscles this winter before cutting down

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2008, 01:18:16 PM »
Derek shut up, your a nobody. Your a personal trainer, your a wannabe, just dont post anymore dude, your a bottom feeder.
But, he is saying the truth. I highly agree with him.