Author Topic: Sarah Palin Claims DINOSAURS and Humans Coexisted 6000 years ago. SCARY.  (Read 33023 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Sarah Palin Claims DINOSAURS and Humans Coexisted 6000 years ago. SCARY.
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »

"Dinosaurs may be tipping the scale in favor of a young earth"...
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=164133.msg2309646#msg2309646

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2008, 07:28:08 AM »
A very interesting discovery:

"The Wollemi Pine was “rediscovered” by David Noble, a NSW National Park and Wildlife Officer, in 1994 in Sydney’s Blue Mountains. Biologists have described this as akin to running across a live dinosaur during a walk in the bush. Previously, it was known only from the fossil records, dating back at least 90 million years."

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/05/wollemi_pinesth.php

http://web.archive.org/web/20050323093506/http://www.rbgsyd.gov.au/information_about_plants/wollemi_pine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cornwall/6201616.stm

So this tree which was previously believed to have been extinct for millions of years was just recently found alive and well in a park in Australia...things that make you go Hmm...    ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2008, 08:35:43 AM »

"The Wollemi Pine was “rediscovered” by David Noble, a NSW National Park and Wildlife Officer, in 1994 in Sydney’s Blue Mountains. Biologists have described this as akin to running across a live dinosaur during a walk in the bush. Previously, it was known only from the fossil records, dating back at least 90 million years."

http://web.archive.org/web/20050323093506/http://www.rbgsyd.gov.au/information_about_plants/wollemi_pine

So this tree which was previously believed to have been extinct for millions of years was just recently found alive and well in a park in Australia...things that make you go Hmm...    ;D

Hmmm....indeed.

Another such item is the fact that certain rocks of known age (i.e. someone has actually seen and documented when the rock was formed) have been calculated (by K-Ar dating) to be hundreds of thousands or millions of years old.

As for this tree, that's known as a "living fossil". The same thing happened with the coelacanth fish. Evolutionists thought this fish was extinct and cited that "Zeke" (as I like to call it) evolved legs and walked on the ocean floor, eventually enabling it to walk on land. The problem was that this fish wasn't extinct at all; the scientists just looked in the wrong part of the planet.

It turns out that once these fish were found, they were STILL FISH (for starters). Furthermore, they possessed virtually NONE of those "evolutionary" characteristics that certain scientists claimed that they did.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »

It makes me think that occasionally when something is thought to be extinct it is not.

Doesn't change evolution, the age of the planet, or the ridiculousness of believing T-Rex and people ran around together.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2008, 09:18:24 AM »
It makes me think that occasionally when something is thought to be extinct it is not.

Doesn't change evolution, the age of the planet, or the ridiculousness of believing T-Rex and people ran around together.

You contradict yourself, OzmO.  Your same logic could apply to dinosaurs, not that they might exist today, but that one might still have been around 10,000 years ago, as opposed to all of them being extinct 65 million years ago.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2008, 09:23:51 AM »
You contradict yourself, OzmO.  Your same logic could apply to dinosaurs, not that they might exist today, but that one might still have been around 10,000 years ago, as opposed to all of them being extinct 65 million years ago.

Quite possible some could have survived that long, there might even be a few today.  And 65 million years is far from 6000 years.  ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2008, 09:28:57 AM »
Quite possible some could have survived that long, there might even be a few today.  And 65 million years is far from 6000 years.  ;)

What?   ???

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2008, 09:42:48 AM »
What?   ???

The contention that the age of dinosaurs and the age of man over lapped is stupid.

A few dinosaurs species surviving millions of years like those plants is possible   

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
DAWG

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »
The contention that the age of dinosaurs and the age of man over lapped is stupid.

How so? Coelacanths were supposed to be extinct some 70 million years ago. But, those fish are alive and well (and they're still FISH, not lizards or birds). It was once held that "Zeke" fish didn't live with humans. We know now that such is not the case.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2008, 12:54:32 PM »
How so? Coelacanths were supposed to be extinct some 70 million years ago. But, those fish are alive and well (and they're still FISH, not lizards or birds). It was once held that "Zeke" fish didn't live with humans. We know now that such is not the case.

obviously, since if it was a different species it wouldnt be the once thought of extinct species. The fact that they found the fish doesnt prove anything other then the world is a big place.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2008, 01:06:19 PM »
obviously, since if it was a different species it wouldnt be the once thought of extinct species. The fact that they found the fish doesnt prove anything other then the world is a big place.

On the contrary, loads of claims about this particular fish were made, regarding how this fish "evolved" into thus and so, and started walking on the ocean floor and on land.

Yet, when this fish was found, this was the time for these scientists to ACTUALLY OBSERVE such alleged characteristics in action. But, "Zeke" didn't have what the scientists claim it did.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »
On the contrary, loads of claims about this particular fish were made, regarding how this fish "evolved" into thus and so, and started walking on the ocean floor and on land.

Yet, when this fish was found, this was the time for these scientists to ACTUALLY OBSERVE such alleged characteristics in action. But, "Zeke" didn't have what the scientists claim it did.

i would have to research what your talking about because i assume your info is coming from christian sources, if you can find peer reviewed research for me, or something from talkorigins i will beleive you. However, this just points out a mistake, nothing more. You have very little understanding of biology as you are not educated in the field, hence anything you say carries little to no merit. Evolution, what you're attacking, is supported via multiple sciences all arriving at the same conclusion. Never been falsified, many christian scientists work within evolution, still not falsified.

post some research, or an article from a non christian source please. thank you.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »

And a thought to be extinct fish, found in the ocean, which is gigantic beyond belief and not near fully explored, is your supporting contention that the age of dinosaurs and the age of man over lapped?

Not very scientific.  They are 2 different things.

My assertion still stands, it's very possible to find animals thought to be extinct still living, but to think the age of dinosaurs and the age of man over lapped is silly.  It's possible, of course, that some dinosaur species have survived into the age of man. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »
McWay and Loco its about time you guys showed up ;D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2008, 04:16:46 PM »

As a wise old women once said, "It's turtles all the way down."

post of the century

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »
i would have to research what your talking about because i assume your info is coming from christian sources, if you can find peer reviewed research for me, or something from talkorigins i will beleive you. However, this just points out a mistake, nothing more. You have very little understanding of biology as you are not educated in the field, hence anything you say carries little to no merit. Evolution, what you're attacking, is supported via multiple sciences all arriving at the same conclusion. Never been falsified, many christian scientists work within evolution, still not falsified.

post some research, or an article from a non christian source please. thank you.

Evolution should have been supported when they found this fish, that was supposedly gone. But don't take my word for it:

One of the great problems of evolution has been to find anatomical links between the fishes and their land-invading descendants ... For a long time evolutionists were troubled by this major gap between fishes and the amphibians. But the gap has now been bridged by studies of ancient fishes, and this is where the coelacanth comes in. -  Dr. Jacques Millot, "The Coelacanth,” Scientific American, Vol. 193, December 1955

But after scientists actually found and observed acutal living coelacanths.....

“I confess I’m sorry we never saw a coelacanth walk on its fins....Few creatures have endured such an immense span of time with so little change as coelacanths. The cutaway drawing of a present-day specimen seems almost identical with the 140-million-year-old fossil found in a quarry in southern West Germany. ... Why have coelacanths remained virtually unchanged for eons ... 30 million generations?” Hans Fricke, “Coelacanths: The Fish That Time Forgot,” National Geographic, Vol. 173, No. 6, June 1988.

The short answer to Dr. Fricke question,  "They were fossilized a few thousand years ago, at the time of the flood." - Dr. Walter Brown, Center for Scientific Creation

My point was simply this: Evolutionists tend to postulate their theories, based on unobservable phenomena. But, once the opportunity to actually observes these theories in action present itself, the claims of the evolutionists and the actual facts often do not mesh. "Zeke" was supposed to be the link between fish and land-walking critters. But, to the chagrin of evolutionists, the "Zekes" were every bit as fishy as their allegedly 70-million-year-old ancestors (They didn't walk nor did they breathe air; just plain old, albeit LARGE fish).

Radiometric dating (K-Ar, in particular) is a prime example. As long as no documentation exists to the actual age of a rock, that dating can be used to say the rock is "x" millions of years old.

But, as is often the case, when a rock formation OF KNOWN AGE (i.e. someone has actually seen when and how it was formed and documented it) is dated, the same dating methods claim that such a rock is hundred of thousands or millions of years old.

And a thought to be extinct fish, found in the ocean, which is gigantic beyond belief and not near fully explored, is your supporting contention that the age of dinosaurs and the age of man over lapped?

When "Zeke" was thought to be at least 70 million years old (and extinct), the thought was that they certainly didn't co-exist with man. Well, those fish are alive and well and they co-exist with man (and have been doing so for quite some time).

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »
Evolution in the sense of many tiny changes occuring over millions of years is highly overrated.

The changes that have occurred are almost entirely due to natural selection and mutations.

Change is quick.
☠ Order of Nephilim