Author Topic: Bullshit supplements at the convention.  (Read 20204 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Bullshit supplements at the convention.
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 11:59:31 AM »
but you don't know.  and you're not willing to do the research to find out.  despite lots of evidence that the supplement industry in the US has been selling worthless supplements for 40+ years, you're willing to fork over hundreds of dollars and put unknown chemicals into your body with the hope that this one is not a scam.

you can buy anabolic steroids over the counter in Mexico.  but you can't buy most of these supplements, because the Mexican government requires proof that they've been tested for safety and effectiveness.
Whoa hold on Bud. Never said any of that. Dont go putting words in my mouth.

Simply - alot of these supplements are based on ingredients that do have science to support that they do achieve SOMETHING.

Now, if a product like lipo 6, when combined with a good diet and exercise program, doesnt help you lose fat faster? Its not my fault you have shit genetics  :D   JK.   

Kidding aside, dont look for drug-like effects from a supplement. They are just that - a supplement.  And NONE of them will provide a significant impact. You want that you need a drug or hormone.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 12:26:44 PM »
These companies make money by making bullshit products and marketing the shit out of them.Perfect example Creatine Ethyl Ester, there is no such chemical.Companies like Muscle Tech, take a product like Cell Tech which cost $4 a bottle to make, and market the hell out of it.Then charge retail $59 for it so people thinks its really good.All Cell Tech is Dextrose, (sugar)Chinese Creatine ($4.50 per Kilo)and some Alpha Lapoic Acid.You are paying for pretty packaging and marketing my friend.
The good news there are alot of good companies out there that still make good products, but you dont hear alot from them.
Why because we put the money into the product, and raw materials, instead of spending all our money marketing junk.
Good companies you can trust, Bio-Plex, AST Sports Science,Gaspari Nutrition,Kre-Alkalyn,Beverly International,Extreme Labs,these are just a few, there are many more but I cant think of them right now.
The bottom line is there are alot of companies that still take pride in what they make.Usually if a company is marketing themselves very heavily, that means that the money has to come from somewhere.The sad truth is the consumer is the one who suffers from this travesty.Real supplements cost alot of $$$$$ to make because raw materials, shipping and packing can be expensive.
To be honest with you Muscletech makes 400--800% mark up on there products.On our protein we make probably 30-35% big difference ??????? You bet.Thats why we are not Muscle Tech, because companies like myself have a conscience, money is not my god and never will be.Stick with reputable companies, and you will get reputable products, bottom line.
If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.god bless.....

If you own your own supplement company, then you know that MuscleTech wasn't always the juggernaut it has become today. Remember that MuscleTech started with three supplements, the flagship of which was an ephedra/ma-huang-based fat-burner (Hydroxycut). Then CELL-TECH came along, followed by the prohormones (Anotesten and Nortesten). Soon after, NITRO-TECH hit the scene. Hydroxycut was MuscleTech's big seller. But, when the ephedra ban started looming (with the prohormone ban right behind it), MuscleTech shifted almost ALL of its marketing emphasis to CELL-TECH and NITRO-TECH.

How do you think MuscleTech became as large as it is now? It's because they make good products. And, when you compare MuscleTech's wares to their respective counterparts from other companies, the prices are pretty much the same.

Nano Vapor costs about as much as NO-XPLODE does. Same applies with NITRO-TECH and ON's 100% Whey Gold Standard. CELL-TECH and Size-On both retail for around $80 (unless there are promos for those products or GNC marks them down for clearance).

My only issue with MuscleTech's products have been price and taste. The price is mitigated, when GNC (or Vitamin Shoppe) marks them down for clearance. Taste is a different issue. I prefer ON 100% Whey Gold Standard to NITRO-TECH, because the latter tastes better; while, certain flavors of NITRO-TECH give me a headache.

I've used Size-On, Vassive-CE and CELL-TECH creatine products and they work and taste good (except for Orange-Flavored CELL-TECH....YUCK!!!)

NO-XPLODE, Vassive NO, SuperPump250 and Nano Vapor are great NO products. I give the edge to Nano Vapor, as it's the only one you can take immediately (instead of 30-45 minutes) before your workouts. And, you get the tinglies in your hands and forehead.

To me, MuscleTech is just like any other supplement company. Some of their products are better than those counterparts of their competitors and vice versa.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »
what about bbing.com's awards right before the winners were announced at the Olympia?

Muscle Builder Of The Year - BSN NO-Xplode
Fat Loss Product Of The Year - Nutrex Lipo 6
New Product Of The Year - MuscleTech Anabolic Halo
Energy Supplement Of The Year - BSN Atro-Phex

no scientific evidence for any of these

Interesting list of Ultrabullshit supplements...  ;)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 12:50:03 PM »
NO-XPLODE, Vassive NO, SuperPump250 and Nano Vapor are great NO products. I give the edge to Nano Vapor, as it's the only one you can take immediately (instead of 30-45 minutes) before your workouts. And, you get the tinglies in your hands and forehead.

wow, tingliness. too bad there is no correlation between tingliness or a pump  (probably both caused by niacin) and building muscle.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »
Flexington, if you can prove to me that you did infact buy our Nitro 92, even though you returned it, I will send you out a free bottle of ECA, our Blade Hardcore with a free t-shirt .Just for your trouble.
Our customer satisfaction rate is a strong 99.6 % we hardly ever get returns, and if we do, we make sure we take care of the customer.We never forgot that the simple fact that the customer is the reason why we are in buisness, and without them we wouldnt be in buissness.
Thank you again for your buissness...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 01:41:23 PM »
buy supplements. support the sport
Z

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »
Yes I know they claim it is Creatine Ethly Ester, but Assay it and you will find out it is just plain Creatine Monohydrate with a fancy name.

From Wikipedia:

"Creatine ethyl ester, also known as creatine ester, cre-ester and CEE, is a substance sold as an aid for athletic performance and for muscle development in bodybuilding. It is an ethyl ester derivative of creatine, from which it is made. In the body, CEE is converted back into creatine. The ethyl ester is said to have a much better absorption rate and a longer half-life in the body than regular creatine monohydrate, because it is slightly more lipophilic. However, these claims have not yet been conclusively proven by independent research, and in fact a study presented at the 4th International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) annual meeting demonstrated that that the addition of the ethyl group to creatine actually reduces acid stability and accelerates its breakdown to creatinine.[1] [2] As a supplement, the compound was developed, patented and licensed through UNeMed, the technology transfer entity of the University of Nebraska Medical Center, and is sold under numerous brand names."

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »
I have never seen John "GetItOnNy" spam or even promote his supplement company
(hell if i owned a "supp" company id have the website as my signature,and be spaming as much as would be allowed)
from what i see hes a stand up guy and reputable (seems to know his shit as well)

supplements are just that............suppleme ntal to food (nothing can take the place of good wholesome food!)

but they can help! (for their convenience and for me to boost protein intake/i don't want to cook be eating 7-8 whole food meals every day)

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »
buy supplements that don't suck. support the sport

Fixed.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 01:53:13 PM »
Quality supplements= www.lef.org
I am a big baby

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »
supplements that don't suck:

protein - I buy mine from trueprotein.com
multivitamin - I like Twinlabs DualTab
fish oil capsules - Trader Joe's
bottles of oil - flaxseed and blends like Udo's choice
psyllium - to add some fiber to all that protein - Trader Joe's

that's it, unless you're doing steroids, then you might need something like 6-oxo

the average guy at the gym buying hundreds of dollars of supplements a month is no bigger than the average guy from 20 years ago.   want to get more results for your money?  join a better gym.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »
supplements that don't suck:

protein - I buy mine from trueprotein.com
multivitamin - I like Twinlabs DualTab
fish oil capsules - Trader Joe's
bottles of oil - flaxseed and blends like Udo's choice
psyllium - to add some fiber to all that protein - Trader Joe's

that's it, unless you're doing steroids, then you might need something like 6-oxo

the average guy at the gym buying hundreds of dollars of supplements a month is no bigger than the average guy from 20 years ago.   want to get more results for your money?  join a better gym.
BCAA's are an awesome supplement as well as creatine.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »

references in scientific journals that they build muscle, please.  not that they give you a pump, make you hold water, give you energy, etc.  but that they build muscle.

chocolate fizz

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 05:58:31 PM »
references in scientific journals that they build muscle, please.  not that they give you a pump, make you hold water, give you energy, etc.  but that they build muscle.

Tim youre going to get raped here mate.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »
to be honest I work in the supplement industry im gonna let you guys on an insider secret, "you dont need anything not even multi vitamins" the extra stuff you guys take that think that work is what supplements keep turning the wheel they let you think you need it to get big, but nothing actually works.  To be honest I can train someone with just food with 3 meals a day and get him to be 200lbs,,10% BF the lowest possible at 5'10" he will be very large more than normal with 17inch arms lean.  I know one nitric oxide so called supplement I support,,all they put in there is 2000mg of vitamin C as main ingredient it works wonders to make people think they are gettting a super pump when in reality its in their head they are working out harder than before.

So take it from other folks dont need supplements at all,,you will see the results if you just go in the gym with extra energy like caffeeine,, and get good result.  you cant tell guys though,,,,that you need dont need supplements cause its in head all the time to take it there are guys over at bbing.com who buy 500 dollars/month,,supplements expecting 20lbs of raw muscle,,,I,,,know guys who buy steroid stacks less than that get more Real Gains not water gain and fat,,,,

Ill even ask resident expert GH15 and you watch he respond,,,

chocolate fizz

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »

No shit, Sherlock.

Congatulations, you've invented the wheel!  ::)

lolz

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 07:54:24 PM »
Supplements that really work,L-Glutamine, Waxey Maize Starch ( if it is from Potato not Corn),BCAAS, Kre-Alklayn,Milk Isolate, Whey Isolate, 80% Whey Protein Concenentrates, Ephedra,Amino Acids, and Egg Protein ECA stacks.
There is alot more good supplements, but this is just off of the top of my head.They are all tried and true.
No fancy names.If a product has an ingredient like Creatine Ethy Ester Beta Alanine , Sodium Creatine Phosphate or L- Glutamine Ethyl Ester, throw it in the trash!!!!!!!!!.These are made up chemicals.They dont exist !!!!!!!

you obviously know nothing about supplementation, creatine ethyl ester is by far the best creatine, beta alanine is a solid product with scientific evidence. However, glutamine is utter garbage supported by science which shows it is not beneficial for oral consumption. Perhaps you should do more reading, beta alanine is a amino acid derivative, ya made up ::)

chocolate fizz

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »
you obviously know nothing about supplementation, creatine ethyl ester is by far the best creatine, beta alanine is a solid product with scientific evidence. However, glutamine is utter garbage supported by science which shows it is not beneficial for oral consumption. Perhaps you should do more reading, beta alanine is a amino acid derivative, ya made up ::)

Yeah, because all the supps you can point to do anything other than fuck all, that they are all obviously worth buying.

Listen, piss off back to the supps board and wait for Candi to return, no one else give two fucks.

Fucking snake oil cunt

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 06:35:23 AM »
Yeah, because all the supps you can point to do anything other than fuck all, that they are all obviously worth buying.

Listen, piss off back to the supps board and wait for Candi to return, no one else give two fucks.

Fucking snake oil cunt

i dont sell shit moron, i attend school somethign you should be doing.

your argument is weaker then stephen hawkings boner.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 07:17:21 AM »

How long have you been waiting to unleash that dimwitted gem?

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »
"bullshit supplements" is redundant
Word. The few that did work like the good old original Ripped Fuel, they stopped making because assholes would down 4 pills at a time, go play ball in 95 degree weather and stroke out!  >:(

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 11:18:47 AM »
Word. The few that did work like the good old original Ripped Fuel, they stopped making because assholes would down 4 pills at a time, go play ball in 95 degree weather and stroke out!  >:(

That's basically what happened to that minor-league baseball player from the Orioles, about 5 years ago. He was overweight, malnourished, dehydrated and got put on a crash diet to make weight. He was using Xenadrine, at the time, taking WAY more than the recommended dose. And, he was training in 100+ degree weather. When he keeled over and died, that was the proverbial back-breaking straw for ephedra/Ma Huang based fat-burners.

chocolate fizz

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2008, 11:27:23 AM »

Bon mot: 5/10

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 11:30:39 AM »
::)

i hope this was a joke.

yes bcaa's are an awesome product, and you get them free everytime you eat protein.

why pay for them seperately  ???
175lbs by 31st July

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »
::)

i hope this was a joke.

yes bcaa's are an awesome product, and you get them free everytime you eat protein.

why pay for them seperately  ???

amino acid competition nullifies there individual effects and metabolism. Eating them seperately has seperate effects. How is d-phenyalanine a analgesic and anti depressant when taken seperately but not in the form of whole protien? Your body utilizes them differently, bcaas also have a completely seperate metabolism from other aminos.