Author Topic: VP Debate Rigged for Obama?  (Read 3252 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: VP Debate Rigged for Obama?
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »
First off, Obama's not debating in the VP debate.  Two, a moderator simply asks preempted questions that come from voters.  There's no way a moderator can influence a debate

Actually in these presidential and VP debates, the moderator selects the questions and doesn't even share them with staff for fear of leaking them.

In Mccain/Obama debate I, one man on earth knew the Qs - the moderator. 

Also, if the Qs were selected from viewer input, whoever picks the 10 or 15 questions could choose tougher ones.  if they give palin dreamy Qs about her upbringing vs. 'what did S. Korea do wrong against NK'? makes all the difference.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 03:25:57 PM »
You know, I don't see anybody else asserting Obama's divinity except for his nay-saying detractors.  The ploy has no traction.

It's true.  What other candidate causes people to cry and get shivers up their leg when he gives speeches?  He has gotten a disproportionate amount of positive media coverage.  He has been given a pass on a number of questionable decisions and relationships.  They might as well fit him for his white robe already.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 07:07:49 AM »
It's true.  What other candidate causes people to cry and get shivers up their leg when he gives speeches?  He has gotten a disproportionate amount of positive media coverage.  He has been given a pass on a number of questionable decisions and relationships.  They might as well fit him for his white robe already.   
So you think Obama is getting a pass from the liberal media.

I disagree.  You sight one quote from Matthews as seemingly definitive.  Haven't you heard Matthews discuss Big Mac over the years?  The obligatory 'straight talk', 'maverick', 'straight shooter', 'tells it like it is' was/is repeated ad nauseum.  Did that talk of St. McCain slip your mind?

If a candidate does something patently stupid, like suspending a campaign to look presidential in the face of a financial crisis or letting an manifestly inferior vp candidate field softball questions, then that's a situation of their own making.  What do you expect, the media close their eyes to this like they did with the Bush election cycle of 2000?

On the other hand, the sitting back and taking shots at Obama as a messiah w/ a white robe is much easier than debating platforms.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 07:31:53 AM »
Palin is milking it.

On Hannity radio, she said because of Gwen's book, sh's now the underdog in the debate.

Yeah, that's why.  Has nothing to do with the idiotic answers she can't stop giving Couric.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:02 AM »
So you think Obama is getting a pass from the liberal media.

I disagree.  You sight one quote from Matthews as seemingly definitive.  Haven't you heard Matthews discuss Big Mac over the years?  The obligatory 'straight talk', 'maverick', 'straight shooter', 'tells it like it is' was/is repeated ad nauseum.  Did that talk of St. McCain slip your mind?

If a candidate does something patently stupid, like suspending a campaign to look presidential in the face of a financial crisis or letting an manifestly inferior vp candidate field softball questions, then that's a situation of their own making.  What do you expect, the media close their eyes to this like they did with the Bush election cycle of 2000?

On the other hand, the sitting back and taking shots at Obama as a messiah w/ a white robe is much easier than debating platforms.

He is absolutely getting a pass.  For example, why isn't the media jumping all over the contention that Obama tried to delay a troop withdrawal agreement in Iraq until after the election?  That's pretty outrageous.  Not one question about it at the first debate. 

I've previously posted a snippet showing how Obama gets more positive media coverage than McCain.