Author Topic: For the board gurus to answer ( disgusted, milos, aliamini, gh15, Chic etc )  (Read 6200 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
What the hell has happened to Jays physique.

Does he actually have a problem here, or is it a mere diet calculation.

My personal opinion is, Jays body just isnt responding to the drugs like it once used to and he doesnt know what to do to make up for it. I know he's training and dieting harder than ever, because he was motivated as can be to win this years olympia, and he was in the same or worse shape he was last year.

Is it because after being on the sauce for half of his life and all of his adult like that his body simply does not respond to the drugs anymore?? Can this happen?

Also I think his body is most likely rejecting the diet he's using, and therefore not responding to it, because it is so used to it. There is no "shock" involved....

What u guys think happend to this once great Warrior  :'(

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
What the hell has happened to Jays physique.
It has become SHITTY  ;D
Does he actually have a problem here, or is it a mere diet calculation.
He 'actually has a problem'
Is it because after being on the sauce for half of his life and all of his adult like that his body simply does not respond to the drugs anymore?? Can this happen?
No and No
Also I think his body is most likely rejecting the diet he's using, and therefore not responding to it, because it is so used to it. There is no "shock" involved....
From what I know he does not make any effort to get any EFA's in his diet. That is a problem, but I doubt a big enough problem to cause these degenerations in his physiquie that we are seeing.
What u guys think happend to this once great Warrior  :'(
Too much gh(igf-1).
:)

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
I thought he looked pretty amazing the 2nd night. Best on stage by miles.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
I thought he looked pretty amazing the 2nd night. Best on stage by miles.

yea he improved greatly on saturday, ( i hear he lost 12-15lbs from fri to sat ) what in the hell did he do?? and he needs to do more of it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
yea he improved greatly on saturday, ( i hear he lost 12-15lbs from fri to sat ) what in the hell did he do?? and he needs to do more of it.
Diuretics

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
glen,when are u gonna post you contest pix on positive baord like mike arvilla ask?
thanks
gene
w

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
glen,when are u gonna post you contest pix on positive baord like mike arvilla ask?
thanks
gene

as soon as u post pics of yourself from the olympia expo :)

No i will, i just have to get my lazy ass to do it!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
as soon as u post pics of yourself from the olympia expo :)

No i will, i just have to get my lazy ass to do it!
i saaaaaaw u there ;)
w

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
i saaaaaaw u there ;)

haha i bet u did, i was the only black guy who wasnt a pro bodybuilder there/didnt have a white woman attached to his arm!! :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
any input anybody?

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
He's maxed out.  Just as there is a 'natural limit', theres is a 'absolute limit'.
And yes, he pretty much cant increase the dosage anymore, and he is no longer responding for the purpose of change, but only able to maintain.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
He's maxed out.  Just as there is a 'natural limit', theres is a 'absolute limit'.
And yes, he pretty much cant increase the dosage anymore, and he is no longer responding for the purpose of change, but only able to maintain.

so do u think he can revive/improve his physique any?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
any input anybody?

I thought this question was directed to the resident gurus not the flotsam. Too bad Candidizzle isn't here to oblige.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Jay could easily regain top form if................. ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
So Jim,

Im curious how would u do it with Jay???

And would u ever offer your services to someone like him ( lets say u werent retired from this ;D )

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
so do u think he can revive/improve his physique any?

Not too any significant degree, and not when it matters (at contest time).
Meaning, even if he is able to make quality improvements in the offseason, it just doesnt look like he can hold them through his prep.
Take a look at his leg for example.  Now you know it looks much improved in the offseason, but its the 1st area to loose when he diets.
This has been happening the last few years, and it appears to be irreverseable.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN

LOL bad example

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Not too any significant degree, and not when it matters (at contest time).
Meaning, even if he is able to make quality improvements in the offseason, it just doesnt look like he can hold them through his prep.
Take a look at his leg for example.  Now you know it looks much improved in the offseason, but its the 1st area to loose when he diets.
This has been happening the last few years, and it appears to be irreverseable.

This is happening to more than just Jays legs  :'(

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
So Jim,

Im curious how would u do it with Jay???

And would u ever offer your services to someone like him ( lets say u werent retired from this ;D )

I would basically do a very similar program that I used on King although I am sure it would be modified based on how Jay responded. NO diuretics, no insulin, no IGF very low carb and not the traditional carb up.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
This is happening to more than just Jays legs  :'(

Exactly, leg was just an example.
No disrespect to any gurus, but of course they will say they can get Jay back on top.  They effectively have nothing to loose.  If they work with Jay and it works out, they get all the props, but if it doesnt work....there was a miscalc in the final steps and we know what it was and can fix it next time.

People have been trying to get Jay back to 2001 form since, its his standard, but in the years since, it hasnt happ yet.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
I would basically do a very similar program that I used on King although I am sure it would be modified based on how Jay responded. NO diuretics, no insulin, no IGF very low carb and not the traditional carb up.

straight genius shit bro!!!! thanx for checkin out the thread. ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
I am contributing under the 'etc' category!

Two years ago Jay was extremely motivated to win the Olympia. He knew he had to have a bigger and better back than Ronnie and to most observers this is what he delivered. We can only imagine how hard he trained for most of the year for the 06 Olympia. It was close but Jay looked pretty good and still had better calves than Dexter and Ronnie.

In 2007, Ronnie was gone through injuries and he was unable to get anywhere near his best. Dennis Wolf trained at the wrong gym so he was not going to be a threat. The judges didn't put Dennis beside Jay so there was no direct comparison when it mattered. Dexter was his usual self and Jay has usually placed ahead of the Blade. Vic had a blemish re the law and closing a gym and upsetting members so perhaps he didn't place first because of considerations like that. Victor had a very impressive body last year.

Fast forward to 2008 and we find Jay not that motivated to train hard. Dexter took the Arnold but that wasn't the big title. He was looking better but his calves still let him down. Jay didn't worry about him. Victor was injured during the year so gone was another threat to his title. Dennis Wolf was a definite threat because this year everyone would have to pay attention to him. That is exactly what happened but for some reason he didn't seem as dominating as he was last year.

The 'dark horse' this year was Phil Heath who was saving himself for the big occasion. He amazed many a few months ago when he dominated a contest. His size, shape and proportions would take something to better.

I think Jay thought it would be fairly straight forward this year. The deal would be to dial in over a few months and blow them away with his size and shape. He would have enough cuts to hold his own. Whatever the reason, he appeared somewhat smooth at the prejudging and found himself quite a bit behind Dexter according to leaked scores. The full, thick and cut back from 2006 was a shadow of its former self. Oh, he was huge, but he had loose skin on the lower back that suggested he had lost some size. Perhaps bulking up too much stretches some skin that then hangs over the muscle. He probably had the best double biceps from the back but that was not enough to win this year. His glutes were nowhere near striated enough.

I would say that Dexter just looked better overall. Nice physique, quite big and fairly cut. Maybe the judges in the front row didn't notice his calves were missing! The abs/thigh pose probably won it for Dexter. Jay by comparison looked bizarre. Dexter had a smaller waist and a good taper to his shoulders. Jay was blocky and his abs were not symmetrical. Quite simply, Jay was carrying too much weight and part of it was fluid retention. Apparently he shed over 10 pounds between the judging and the show on Saturday night. I guess Jay thought the judges would be impressed and the title would remain his.

For whatever reason a paradigm shift occurred on Saturday night and a great physique won over a mass monster. I believe most of the competitors were happy with the result. Well, I can't imagine that Phil, Dennis or Toney were elated. All of them could have been given the title and an argument can be made that they were as good as Dexter. Unfortunately for Freeman, he has a torn pectoral that detracts from what was a huge and extremely cut physique. He even had decent calves!

From looking at the zillions of photos online and especially the comparison facility where you can bring up any two guys and run them through all the poses side by side and at the same size, I would say that Phil takes the title even though he was a bit narrow. So what, he still had a very full and cut package.

Next year promises to be a very competitive one because all the top guys feel they will be able to win it. Even Jay might have another go. Why not, all he has to do is lose about 20 pounds and come in ripped to shreds and with a smaller waistline. Thank goodness the era of the dinosaurs is over!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
As Dex said, Jays is dieting year round, eating super clean all the time....Maybe if he takes 1-2 months OFF dieting-drugs to refresh his body it might work but what do i know.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
I thought this question was directed to the resident gurus not the flotsam. Too bad Candidizzle isn't here to oblige.

Candizzle has responded twice in this thread. He posts as Tbombz now. The little punk doesn't even respect his mother enough to stay off a messageboard for a month so she won't be harassed(which I am not saying I think anyone should do).
E

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Do you oversee the massive site injections in Shari's Shoulders and Arms, or does he just do that on his own?