Author Topic: In 1945 a Large Airplane Hit the Empire State Building...  (Read 3518 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: In 1945 a Large Airplane Hit the Empire State Building...
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
LOL what? i dont dislike all social programs i have a deep dislike on how some of the social programs we have now are run though.

I see...

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Where did u get ur degree in Structural Engineering? ::)

Dont need to have a degree to look up facts.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »
granted the bomber was a much smaller plane. But, the wtc towers were also much larger, more modern buildings, in fact designed to have a commercial jet crashed into them.

even given that, who knows. what about wtc7 though????? the only modern skyscraper to have ever collapsed from fire alone, in a matter of hours no less.

also the Bank of america building in los angeles, an 850 ft skyscraper, sustained a major fire a while back about halfway up. something like 3-4 entire floors burned for like 2 days straight. the result? a burned out, beat up section, but a standing tower whose structural integrity was never in danger of collapsing.
again who knows but it certainly seems a bit strange

WTC7

Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA's preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. "The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7," NIST's Sunder tells PM. "On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom — approximately 10 stories — about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out." NIST also discovered previously undocumented damage to WTC 7's upper stories and its southwest corner.

NIST investigators believe a combination of intense fire and severe structural damage contributed to the collapse, though assigning the exact proportion requires more research. But NIST's analysis suggests the fall of WTC 7 was an example of "progressive collapse," a process in which the failure of parts of a structure ultimately creates strains that cause the entire building to come down. Videos of the fall of WTC 7 show cracks, or "kinks," in the building's facade just before the two penthouses disappeared into the structure, one after the other. The entire building fell in on itself, with the slumping east side of the structure pulling down the west side in a diagonal collapse.

According to NIST, there was one primary reason for the building's failure: In an unusual design, the columns near the visible kinks were carrying exceptionally large loads, roughly 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor. "What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors," Sunder notes, "it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down."

There are two other possible contributing factors still under investigation: First, trusses on the fifth and seventh floors were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another. With columns on the south face apparently damaged, high stresses would likely have been communicated to columns on the building's other faces, thereby exceeding their load-bearing capacities.

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. "There was no firefighting in WTC 7," Sunder says. Investigators believe the fire was fed by tanks of diesel fuel that many tenants used to run emergency generators. Most tanks throughout the building were fairly small, but a generator on the fifth floor was connected to a large tank in the basement via a pressurized line. Says Sunder: "Our current working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time."

WTC 7 might have withstood the physical damage it received, or the fire that burned for hours, but those combined factors — along with the building's unusual construction — were enough to set off the chain-reaction collapse.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
Dont need to have a degree to look up facts.
LOL what makes you think they are facts?
not to be a dick but you never gave proof that the government created any of those diseases i gave to you...

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
"Melted" Steel

Claim: "We have been lied to," announces the Web site AttackOnAmerica.net. "The first lie was that the load of fuel from the aircraft was the cause of structural failure. No kerosene fire can burn hot enough to melt steel." The posting is entitled "Proof Of Controlled Demolition At The WTC."

FACT: Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°F). However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength — and that required exposure to much less heat. "I have never seen melted steel in a building fire," says retired New York deputy fire chief Vincent Dunn, author of The Collapse Of Burning Buildings: A Guide To Fireground Safety. "But I've seen a lot of twisted, warped, bent and sagging steel. What happens is that the steel tries to expand at both ends, but when it can no longer expand, it sags and the surrounding concrete cracks."

"Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800° it is probably at less than 10 percent." NIST also believes that a great deal of the spray-on fireproofing insulation was likely knocked off the steel beams that were in the path of the crashing jets, leaving the metal more vulnerable to the heat.

But jet fuel wasn't the only thing burning, notes Forman Williams, a professor of engineering at the University of California, San Diego, and one of seven structural engineers and fire experts that PM consulted. He says that while the jet fuel was the catalyst for the WTC fires, the resulting inferno was intensified by the combustible material inside the buildings, including rugs, curtains, furniture and paper. NIST reports that pockets of fire hit 1832°F.

"The jet fuel was the ignition source," Williams tells PM. "It burned for maybe 10 minutes, and [the towers] were still standing in 10 minutes. It was the rest of the stuff burning afterward that was responsible for the heat transfer that eventually brought them down."

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
1. Look at the size difference.
2. One was loaded with enough jet fuel to make a cross country flight.

Facts don't lie.
Jet Fuel comes from kerosene.  Kerosene burns up in seconds and burns at a way lower temp than any fire that could melt steel, hence why it can be used and burned in STEEL Jet Engines. That explosion when it crashed most likely burned up a significant amount of it.

Why is it that the world trade centers all collapse. First Steel Structure buildings in history to come down from fire. They burn for a couple hours and wamo... Trade Center 7 has no crash nada and some small fires in it that could be contained said the NY Fire Chief and all of a sudden it comes down in 8 seconds... in perfect form just like a controlled demolition...

Mr Popular Mechanics who tried PWNING ME, here is evidence of them Doctoring WT7 Photos... Real CREDIBLE rightttttt

Buildings dont fall in on themselves in less it is a controlled demolition... FACT... they come down slowly with huge chunks, not blown to DUST...

Empire states building burns for HOURS upon HOURS and it didnt even damage the structure...

There are over 10 monsterous skyscrapers that have been on fire. EXAMPLE... Winsor building in Madrid Span burning for over 30 hours... did it collapse? NOPE

Did the Empire states building collapse? NOPE

No matter how anyone tries to argue it, its and scientificly impossible for those buildings to come down from fire. the fires were at the TOP of the buildings even if it did weaken the steel, law of Gravity would not have those buildings coming down in free fall speed, every floor that collapsed would have slowed it down... thats a SCIENTIFIC FACT.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 07:15:26 PM »
You just owned yourself dude. Im sorry you cant read. 

Its easy just sound out the letters, then put the words together to form sentences. Once you get that far go ahead and read what I just posted.

If you dont see any truth in what I posted, maybe we can go Bigfoot huntin or spotlighting for nessie later.   ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 07:18:26 PM »
Any of you get the feeling someone opened a can of CT worms?   ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »
Any of you get the feeling someone opened a can of CT worms?   ;D
lol this dude has more delusional fantasies than courtney cox

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 07:26:58 PM »
lol this dude has more delusional fantasies than courtney cox

hehehehehehehehe

G.STEELE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »
I believe this picture truly shows how hot jet fuel burns...
http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/photos/docs/woman_wtc.jpg

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »
Oh f**k....not another CT'er. Maybe you 240 and Cynthia McKinny can get together for some beers!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 09:38:20 PM »
Don't forget Mark Cuban and 100's of reputable engineers.    :D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 10:57:12 PM »
Silverstein admitted they demolished the building. When were the explosive charges laid?
Certainly not in the chaos of the day? So when, ...and why?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 11:20:08 PM »
Oh f**k....not another CT'er. Maybe you 240 and Cynthia McKinny can get together for some beers!

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 01:34:20 AM »
Im not a big CT.  I guess people are that delusional.  I remember reading a poll an overwhelming amount of Americans believed 9-11 was a inside job.  Anytime one brings up legitemate questions, they get called a nut, a CT, and ignored. THATS part of the Brainwashing, having people not think and when others think to speak out against them to discredit what they are saying.  Gov Brain washing 101, kinda like religuous brainwashing believing in the invisible man thats not there...

Agagin WATCH the documentary.  There are facts that you cant deny.  Then come back and have an intelligent conversation about it. 

I think its funny guys like coach WONT watch it, but have a opinion on it...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »
The UN head of human rights abuses wanted a new 911 investigation.  Japan and other nations are quietly doing their own interviews as well.  Everybody knows the score. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 06:45:30 AM »
I think its funny guys like coach WONT watch it, but have a opinion on it...

For years, Bill O Reilly would debate these documentaries.  Then something happened.  They all started getting very factual, and interviews with hundreds of physicists and mechanical engineers who all said the same thing - buildings don't fall like that.

Now, BillO says it's completely unAmerican to even question the official story or view such videos.  This is because every time a republican watches some of the newes videos, he has a "WTF" moment and realizes it's impossible for buildings to fall that way as they did.  Then, you see reporters grilling Rummy for days "Where is the pentagon plane, sir?  Where are the parts?  Jet fuel and metal doesn't vaporize, sir".  Rummy just said it's unAmerican to question it as well.

Of course, Obama has said there are many interesting unanswered Qs of 911 and that he's not against looking into it.  Biden has said he's furious that Pakistan funded Muhammad Atta and that the ties of those responsible go way beyond 19 pricks with knives. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 09:02:56 AM »
Im not a big CT.  I guess people are that delusional.  I remember reading a poll an overwhelming amount of Americans believed 9-11 was a inside job.  Anytime one brings up legitemate questions, they get called a nut, a CT, and ignored. THATS part of the Brainwashing, having people not think and when others think to speak out against them to discredit what they are saying.  Gov Brain washing 101, kinda like religuous brainwashing believing in the invisible man thats not there...
yet you believe in this shit and that the government is responsible for most of all deadly dieseases

LOL give me this poll so i can rip the shit apart for you and educate you on how retarted and bias polls are, you just ask your fellow nut 240 and he will tell you.

LOL LOL LOL  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 09:45:49 AM »
tony,

Google 'zogby 9/11 poll'

There have been a lot of them.  67% disbelieve the official story, I recall.  And 49% of NYers call inside job?

Read about it.  You can rip them apart all you'd like.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
LOL come on dude i found nothing about the parameter of this polling...also it says that part of the scope of the poll was whether or not ppl thought they had been mislead on iraq having a part in 9/11...you dont think that this may have warranted more ppl to say yes and that this may have influenced the outcome... ::) come the fuk on...

The Coach

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
Please read

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

Sweet.  A humor page created by a comedian.

I guess we can take the writings of hundreds of people with phds, and throw them out the window.  We have a 'funnny' that works in place of science.

The Coach

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »
Sweet.  A humor page created by a comedian.

I guess we can take the writings of hundreds of people with phds, and throw them out the window.  We have a 'funnny' that works in place of science.

Yep....pretty much. A PHD doesn't always get you commonsense.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »
Silverstein admitted they demolished the building. When were the explosive charges laid?
Certainly not in the chaos of the day? So when, ...and why?

No he didn't, stop trying to spin shit.   ;) ;D