Author Topic: Jay Cutler Vs Dorian Yates (both at their best)  (Read 35880 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Jay Cutler Vs Dorian Yates (both at their best)
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:54 AM »
Jay destroys Dorian, Jay has bigger arms, way bigger quads and hamstrings, bigger chest, way bigger delts and better back width.

Dorian had the same size as Jay but with better structure, symmetry and conditioning. Cutler was 260 lbs at this year's Olympia. Compare him to Dorian at this same weight at the 1995 Olympia and you'll realize just how far superior Dorian is.

Dorian's arms might be a little smaller than Jay's but that's about it. Most of the advantage in arm size Jay has over him are biceps. Dorian has better shape to his triceps with comparable size. Dorian's hamstrings and calves are just as big with better cuts. Dorian's quads are as big although Jay's might be more separated, I'll give you that. As for back, Dorian destroys him: comparable width and thickness but with much more detail and hardness.

Frankly, it's not even debatable who is the superior bodybuilder. What do you think would happen if Dorian in his 1995 Olympia form has entered the past three Olympias? Jay at the 2006 olympia was bigger, but he would look so soft and with such a thick waist compared to a 1995 Dorian that no way in hell would he win. Dorian 1995 would have actually won all Olympias from 2000 to this year's. Only Ronnie in his 1998/9 forms could defeat a 1995 Dorian, and I personally don't think he would.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2008, 02:08:54 AM »
  Dorian had the same size as Jay but with better structure, symmetry and conditioning. Cutler was 260 lbs at this year's Olympia. Compare him to Dorian at this same weight at the 1995 Olympia and you'll realize just how far superior Dorian is.

Dorian's arms might be a little smaller than Jay's but that's about it. Most of the advantage in arm size Jay has over him are biceps. Dorian has better shape to his triceps with comparable size. Dorian's hamstrings and calves are just as big with better cuts. Dorian's quads are as big although Jay's might be more separated, I'll give you that. As for back, Dorian destroys him: comparable width and thickness but with much more detail and hardness.

Frankly, it's not even debatable who is the superior bodybuilder. What do you think would happen if Dorian in his 1995 Olympia form has entered the past three Olympias? Jay at the 2006 olympia was bigger, but he would look so soft and with such a thick waist compared to a 1995 Dorian that no way in hell would he win. Dorian 1995 would have actually won all Olympias from 2000 to this year's. Only Ronnie in his 1998/9 forms could defeat a 1995 Dorian, and I personally don't think he would.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I think '98 Ronnie would have beaten '95 Dorian but maybe not '93 Dorian (who was as complete as it gets). Putting Jay in the same league as Dorian is just plain crazy. Jay has better quad separation, biceps (compared to the post-tear Dorian) and delts (except for the rear delt actually). The rest is all-Dorian, the conditioning is Dorian's, the symmetry is Dorian's, the proportions are Dorian's. This comparison is laughable.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2008, 02:19:18 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
good post X2

suckmymuscle

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2008, 02:24:05 AM »
I think '98 Ronnie would have beaten '95 Dorian but maybe not '93 Dorian (who was as complete as it gets). Putting Jay in the same league as Dorian is just plain crazy. Jay has better quad separation, biceps (compared to the post-tear Dorian) and delts (except for the rear delt actually). The rest is all-Dorian, the conditioning is Dorian's, the symmetry is Dorian's, the proportions are Dorian's. This comparison is laughable.

Exactly. It is debatable which version of Dorian was better, if 93' or 95', but I personally believe 95' was better despite the torn biceps because Dorian was just as hard and dry in 95'as in 93', but his muscles were much fuller and rounder. Dorian was super-hard in 93', but his muscles were a little flat.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2008, 02:47:00 AM »
The comparison really is laughable.  Dorian pwns.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2008, 03:05:16 AM »
People saying Jay is bigger than Dorian are wrong.  At prejuding of this years Olympia Jay weighed 265 lbs and then lost 12 lbs overnight for the finals. He still looked 5 or 6 weeks out compared to Yates during the finals.  Yates from '93 is bigger, not to mention when Dorian ballooned up to the 260-270's and still out conditions Cutler.

Jay is better from the front than Dorian, but from the back Dorian completely blows Jay away from head to toe.  Dorian beat guys like Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, Nasser, Levrone, Ronnie Coleman, Labrada, ect who all looked much better than Jay from the front.

WTF man? ;D ;D
Are you comparing Dorian to Jessica Biel? ;D ;D

Dorian > Jay though, end of story.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2008, 05:38:26 AM »
Jay 2001- 5'9 at the low 250lbs

Dorian 1993- 5'9-5'10 at 257lbs

Yates was in better condition than even at Jay Cutlers best condition, Jay could never get dry and grainy.
The detail in the back is also apparent, Dorian just destroys him there not to mention Dorian's striated glutes!

Dorian pwns Jay

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2008, 07:11:18 AM »
LOL for someone with 5662 posts...and you are calling me an idoit?...Point was dorian in any year he was @ the top would beat Jay with his superiour condationing alone, so......if jays best was 2001 (considered by many to be his best) vs Dorian in 1993 (0r 95) dorian would come out on top...BY THE WAY JAY DIDNOT BEAT DORIAN hope that helps :)

you're still an idiot...

getbig style
I am a mini beast

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2008, 07:21:45 AM »
Dorian is much much better than cutler ..why even compare????????????

M75

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
I'm a fan of Jay, but he isn't even in Dorian's league.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2008, 10:29:09 AM »
Wrong - as usual. The only pose Jay wins is the front double biceps. Dorian wins the other two front mandatories, the side triceps and also the back mandatories on account of superior conditioning. The side chest is debatable, but I still give it to Yates on account of superior balance.

Wrong - as usual. Jay wins all the front mandatory poses on account of superior muscular bulk, definition, and proportion. Dorian wins the back poses due to his overwhelmingly superior back. This leaves the side relaxed, side chest, and side triceps poses. I would give the first 2 to Jay leaving only the side triceps for Dorian. See how dumb it is to argue which physique is better without supplying pics?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »
i think jay has better arms, quads, abs, shoulders, and chest

but at their best i would have to go with dorian due to his structure and conditoning, he just looks better overall

cutler is just too blocky

E
E

suckmymuscle

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2008, 10:55:44 AM »
Wrong - as usual. Jay wins all the front mandatory poses on account of superior muscular bulk, definition, and proportion. Dorian wins the back poses due to his overwhelmingly superior back. This leaves the side relaxed, side chest, and side triceps poses. I would give the first 2 to Jay leaving only the side triceps for Dorian. See how dumb it is to argue which physique is better without supplying pics?

You truly are my pet dog, always starting your posts parroting me. ;)

And you are on crack if you think Jay wins the front lat spread and abs-and-thighs over Dorian. Please, Dorian's lats pop out more, he has superior abdominal definition, serratus and a smaller waist. And Jay's superior muscular bulk wouldn't do shit for him - I am assuming you are talking about Jay 2006, because Jay at the 2001 Olympia actually had less muscular bulk than Dorian - because he would look like marshemellow man next to Yates. And side ches maybe Cutler in his 2006 version wins because his pecs are thciker, but I still give it to Yates on account of better overall package in this pose. Ultimately Dorian wins hands down.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »
You truly are my pet dog, always starting your posts parroting me.

nah, copying you is just so easy. I don't see a point in putting much thought into a post if you don't. How you misconstrue this as a form of flattery is beyond me.

And you are on crack if you think Jay wins the front lat spread and abs-and-thighs over Dorian. Please, Dorian's lats pop out more, he has superior abdominal definition, serratus and a smaller waist. And Jay's superior muscular bulk wouldn't do shit for him - I am assuming you are talking about Jay 2006, because Jay at the 2001 Olympia actually had less muscular bulk than Dorian - because he would look like marshemellow man next to Yates. And side ches maybe Cutler in his 2006 version wins because his pecs are thciker, but I still give it to Yates on account of better overall package in this pose. Ultimately Dorian wins hands down.

I believe Jay's best was at the 03 Ironman Pro. He weighed 267 lbs at 5'9" and was shredded and full. From the front, he had better separations and striations. This would be even more noticeable in a pose such as the abs-and-thighs where Dorian's smooth quads would be exposed. Front lat spread would be close, but I think Jay would take it due to his superior definition and proportions.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »
Jay looked great in 2001 and 2006, although the only year jay was REALLY CONTATIONED was 2001....Dorian was CONDATIONED ALL THE TIME torn bicep and all even in 1997 when Dorian was @ his WORST he was Condationed all-over.

So, he was CONTATIONED and then he was CONDATIONED? Is that what you are putting forther? My question to you is as follows: Was Jay ever CONDITIONED?  ::)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »
:o :o :o

suckmymuscle

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »
nah, copying you is just so easy. I don't see a point in putting much thought into a post if you don't. How you misconstrue this as a form of flattery is beyond me.

No, it was you who didn't put any thought into this. I mean, Jay had a better front lat spread and abs-and-thighs than Dorian? Then you claim in the same sentence he had greater muscular bulk and post a picture of Jay at the 2001 Olympia when he was 250 lbs, and thus smaller than Dorian was at the 95' Olympia. Yeah, so well thought out, dude. ;)

I believe Jay's best was at the 03 Ironman Pro. He weighed 267 lbs at 5'9" and was shredded and full. From the front, he had better separations and striations. This would be even more noticeable in a pose such as the abs-and-thighs where Dorian's smooth quads would be exposed. Front lat spread would be close, but I think Jay would take it due to his superior definition and proportions.

No, Jay looked his best at this ASC wins or at the 2001 Olympia when he was around 250 lbs. That would be smaller and less sharp than Dorian.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2008, 04:57:30 PM »
you're still an idiot...

getbig style
LOL ...by the way jay beat Dorian LMFAO...you sir are THEE IDOIT..........Period :)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »
No, it was you who didn't put any thought into this. I mean, Jay had a better front lat spread and abs-and-thighs than Dorian? Then you claim in the same sentence he had greater muscular bulk and post a picture of Jay at the 2001 Olympia when he was 250 lbs, and thus smaller than Dorian was at the 95' Olympia. Yeah, so well thought out, dude.

ha ha ha, okaaay. Whatever you say brah. I didn't even post a pic of Jay when I said he had greater muscular bulk than Dorian. I don't know what drugs you are on, but they're making you imagine things.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »
Jay looks Fantastic in that FDB and that arm shot NEO, i think he'd still have his hands full with Dorian (93,95) in the AB/THIGH, FLS, BDB, RLS, S/TRICEP,and even the side chest along with the over-all Condationing factor with Dorian.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
ha ha ha, okaaay. Whatever you say brah. I didn't even post a pic of Jay when I said he had greater muscular bulk than Dorian. I don't know what drugs you are on, but they're making you imagine things.

Yes, you did post pictures of Jay at the 2001 Olympia in this thread before the post, thus implying that was the shape of Jay you were claiming had superior muscular bulk which is wrong.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2008, 06:26:37 PM »
Yes, you did post pictures of Jay at the 2001 Olympia in this thread before the post, thus implying that was the shape of Jay you were claiming had superior muscular bulk which is wrong.

I also posted shots of Jay at the 03 Ironman Pro. So your argument is irrelevant.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »
The one thing that stands out about Jay when you see him next to other bodybuilders is his delt mass and shoulder width. I think Jay had better shoulders, chest, and arms than Dorian.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2008, 07:34:43 PM »

damn, that's one hell of a statue!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2008, 08:20:07 PM »
I also posted shots of Jay at the 03 Ironman Pro. So your argument is irrelevant.

No, it isn't, because you included the pictures of the 2001 Olympia so you were implying that Jay had more muscular bulk in that picture too. When you make the statement that Jay has superior muscular bulk after posting two pictures and you don't specify which picture you are using as proof of your statement, then you are saying by default that you are using both to prove your statement. Duh! :D

SUCKMYMUSCLE