Author Topic: WTF???????????  (Read 4836 times)

The Coach

WTF???????????
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:59:37 AM »
CLEVELAND —  Volunteers supporting Barack Obama picked up hundreds of people at homeless shelters, soup kitchens and drug-rehab centers and drove them to a polling place yesterday on the last day that Ohioans could register and vote on the same day, almost no questions asked.

The huge effort by a pro-Obama group, Vote Today Ohio, takes advantage of a quirk in the state's elections laws that allows people to register and cast ballots at the same time without having to prove residency.

Republicans have argued that the window could lead to widespread voter fraud because officials wouldn't have an opportunity to verify registration information before ballots were cast.

Among the volunteers were Yori Stadlin and Vivian Lehrer of the Upper West Side, who got married last week and decided to spend their honeymoon shepherding voters to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections.

Early today, Stadlin's van picked up William Woods, 59, at the soup kitchen of the Bishop Cosgrove Center.

"I never voted before," Woods said, because of a felony conviction that previously barred him from the polls. "Without this service, I would have had no way to get here."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,433681,00.html

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
Re: WTF???????????
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:01:54 AM »
CLEVELAND —  Volunteers supporting Barack Obama picked up hundreds of people at homeless shelters, soup kitchens and drug-rehab centers and drove them to a polling place yesterday on the last day that Ohioans could register and vote on the same day, almost no questions asked.

The huge effort by a pro-Obama group, Vote Today Ohio, takes advantage of a quirk in the state's elections laws that allows people to register and cast ballots at the same time without having to prove residency.

Republicans have argued that the window could lead to widespread voter fraud because officials wouldn't have an opportunity to verify registration information before ballots were cast.

Among the volunteers were Yori Stadlin and Vivian Lehrer of the Upper West Side, who got married last week and decided to spend their honeymoon shepherding voters to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections.

Early today, Stadlin's van picked up William Woods, 59, at the soup kitchen of the Bishop Cosgrove Center.

"I never voted before," Woods said, because of a felony conviction that previously barred him from the polls. "Without this service, I would have had no way to get here."

Fucking beautiful...........  (were fucked)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 08:03:20 AM »
Hey Joe, Repubs have been sending questionaires disguised as absentee ballots to poor and black (heavily dem) districts in Florida in an effort to make people think they already voted and stay home on election day.

If you think giving the homeless a chance to vote is worse than deceiving people into not voting...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:03:27 AM »
Good, at least the people of this country who feel the repercussions the of the current ruling party will have their say....
L

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »

the scary thing is not that these folks are voting but rather that somebody with your "intellect" is permitted to cast a ballot.

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 08:05:45 AM »
but what about canadian elections ? ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 08:06:20 AM »
Good, at least the people of this country who feel the repercussions the of the current ruling party will have their say....

No kidding.

I wish people from BOTH parties would pick up those without cars or other means, and help them register.  I would hope that 100% of people who are legally able to vote are given the opportunity.

joe, why is it bad that more people are voting?  Is this beacuse 70 to 80% of nationwide new registrants are choosing to register Dem?  Are you putting your own financial situation (earning over 250k) ahead of the voting rights of your fellow Americans?

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 08:07:15 AM »
Hey Joe, Repubs have been sending questionaires disguised as absentee ballots to poor and black (heavily dem) districts in Florida in an effort to make people think they already voted and stay home on election day.

If you think giving the homeless a chance to vote is worse than deceiving people into not voting...

I stopped arguing with you due to your delusional insight. Your comparison is off the left wing charts.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 08:07:59 AM »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 08:08:33 AM »
I stopped arguing with you due to your delusional insight. Your comparison is off the left wing charts.

Yeah, I would also find it hard to defend your position that more Americans voting is a bad thing.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 08:09:05 AM »
haha. if you disagree with joe = LEFT WING BIAS !!    ;D

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 08:10:29 AM »
Liberal rational is pathetic. I'm even more disgusted as you and other libs bring up usless shit. The more dirty this pig looks the more you defend him and his useless party.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 08:11:49 AM »
barack obama is the first real academic the American people will have in office since... well...  Thomas Jefferson??  ;D

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »

The Coach

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
Yeah, I would also find it hard to defend your position that more Americans voting is a bad thing.

Are you that fucking delusional? Non registered homeless, felons, Illegals. Yes, in that case it IS a bad thing. They're also sending ballots to kids to vote. You get what you deserve.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 08:15:31 AM »
what they should be doign is gathering up all the people who think rush limbaugh should be president and getting THEM to vote   :D    ::)   \

LMAO coach you= fucking clown

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »
Any citizen who hasn't forfeited their right to vote (felons) should be able to vote.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 08:19:49 AM »
Any citizen who hasn't forfeited their right to vote (felons) should be able to vote.

The Coach is against democracy.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 08:27:50 AM »
We're screwed.  Even worse than we already are now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 08:28:52 AM »
Are you that fucking delusional? Non registered homeless, felons, Illegals. Yes, in that case it IS a bad thing. They're also sending ballots to kids to vote. You get what you deserve.

They reject felons, Joe.  That's why they have to register a month ahead of time, so they can cross-check and reject anyone with a record preventing them for voting.

Now, as for your belief that homeless people shouldn't be allowed to vote, well that's just plain un-American.  

of course, since you have admitted your main worry with Obama getting in, is that you'l be taxed more and will be taxed heavily if you sell your home - well, we already know your own self-interest in Obama not winning.

Therefore everything you write comes from a guy who isn't objective about politics.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 08:38:19 AM »
The Coach is against democracy.
yeah his stance on this is ridiculous and anti-american!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shall we just start putting these "homeless" in camps and get rid of the problem all together Coach ???------perhaps if you and the other republicans looked at the cause of the homelessness instead of the symptom (homeless people) than the country might get back on the right track to prosperity

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 08:50:55 AM »
yeah his stance on this is ridiculous and anti-american!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shall we just start putting these "homeless" in camps and get rid of the problem all together Coach ???------perhaps if you and the other republicans looked at the cause of the homelessness instead of the symptom (homeless people) than the country might get back on the right track to prosperity

What's interesting - is that given the fact Joe admits he's buying a huge home in California and Obama will screw him out of tens of thousands every year...

Joe, if the economy tanked, people stopped needing a personal trainer, and you lost your home, and you were briefly homeless...

Would you still want your right to vote?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 08:56:21 AM »
I had a bacon egg and cheese with ketchup on a hard roll for breakfest.it was fantastic.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »
I had a bacon egg and cheese with ketchup on a hard roll for breakfest.it was fantastic.

What does this have to do with Palin licking her fingers?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 09:06:49 AM »
What does this have to do with Palin licking her fingers?

She was either jealous of my breakfest or a milf dropping hints.