Author Topic: Conservatives Say McCain Should Slam Obama for His Relationship With Wright  (Read 4164 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
A little late for him to try this.  He already said Wright is off-limits.  That was a mistake.  Now if he raises the issue he will sound like a hypocrite. 

Conservatives Say McCain Should Slam Obama for His Relationship With Wright
FOXNews.com

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Conservatives are urging John McCain to go for the jugular in the final presidential debate Wednesday night and attack Barack Obama for his relationship with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

"The Jeremiah Wright issue is a perfectly legitimate issue," syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer told FOX News. "Jeremiah Wright is not a casual acquaintance. He's a guy that Obama has told us about in his books. He was a very important influence on his adult life, probably the most important influence on him after his wife. And we know what kind of man Wright is and what he believes."

Wright, a fiery pastor who established one of the most powerful churches in Chicago until his retirement earlier this year, is credited by Obama for bringing him back to his Christian roots. But the Democratic candidate left Trinity United Church of Christ after 20 years in the spring after videotapes surfaced showing Wright's angry and provocative criticism of America's foreign policy and its history of oppressing minorities.

McCain and running mate Sarah Palin have gone after Obama in recent weeks for his association with former domestic terrorist William Ayers, accusing Obama of lying about their true relationship in ads and at rallies. McCain has softened that attack on the campaign trail in recent days, though not in his TV and radio ads.

Obama and McCain plan to lay out their vision for the country and promote their economic policies in Wednesday night's debate, which will air at 9 p.m. ET on all major broadcast and cable news networks. But McCain, who is trailing in the national polls as well as in most of the critical swing states, is expected to unleash character attacks on his opponent after both Obama and running mate Joe Biden challenged him to "say it to my face."

McCain's top advisers and Palin believe he should attack Obama over Wright. But McCain is said to fear being painted as a racist if he does.

"It's a completely unfounded charge," Krauthammer said, "but McCain has flinched."

Democratic strategist Paul Maslin said it's "ludicrous" for conservatives to push McCain to attack Obama on his relationship with Wright.

"We've had a virtual meltdown of our economy and they think he's going to make up ground in the polls by going after Jeremiah Wright or Bill Ayers," Maslin said. "It's preposterous."

Conservative commentator Tucker Carlson said he envisions a McCain ad featuring Wright's most inflammatory statements:

"God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme," Wright railed in one of his sermons.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye. ... America's chickens are coming home to roost," Wright once said.

Carlson said the narrator in his imaginary ad would then state, "For 20 years, Barack Obama sat in the pews, even brought his family, as Wright preached hate. Obama never said a word, until he was caught. Then he defended Wright. Barack Obama: Divisive. Dishonest. Dangerous."

Three conservative Californians also have created an ad featuring Wright that declares, "Barack Obama seems to have different values from most Americans." It's unknown, though, how widely the ad, which is not approved by the McCain campaign, will air.

Maslin said he doesn't believe McCain will raise Wright at all, adding that such an attack would backfire and put more Republican congressional seats in jeopardy in next month's election.

"John McCain at some point has to realize his legacy is at stake here," Maslin said. He said McCain would return to the Senate humiliated if he tried to mollify the right wing of the party with the character attacks.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/15/analysts-mccain-slam-obama-wright-relationship/

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
If he makes this ad, does Obama get to make the Ad with Palin and the witch doctor?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Beachbum,

How bout you go canvass some neighborhoods and leave us alone?
G

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

The Wright thing only plays with fringers like the Mormons.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
The Wright thing only plays with fringers like the Mormons.

Just like the ACORN thing and that African dude thing. Among the far-right Kool-aid drinkers these things are game changers, but they barely register with most Americans. And it's not simply because the msm won't cover it. The far right idealogues are desparate to  overblow things that  have no teeth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
If he makes this ad, does Obama get to make the Ad with Palin and the witch doctor?

Did the witch doctor accuse the government of creating AIDs to target black folks and serve as an advisor for 20 years? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Beachbum,

How bout you go canvass some neighborhoods and leave us alone?

::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Did the witch doctor accuse the government of creating AIDs to target black folks and serve as an advisor for 20 years? 

No, but it said he was keeping WITCHES at bay.

One of them talked about a fictional character and the other talked about possible issues within the US government.

The US government DID use black people as guinea pigs in the early 20th century... That is a fact.

So, which one really has more credibility?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
No, but it said he was keeping WITCHES at bay.

One of them talked about a fictional character and the other talked about possible issues within the US government.

The US government DID use black people as guinea pigs in the early 20th century... That is a fact.

So, which one really has more credibility?

I don't really see a comparison.  Wright was Obama's spiritual advisor for 20 years.  Obama has now disowned him, after claiming he would not disown him, so even he realizes his relationship was a problem. 

The fact the government used black folks as guinea pigs does not prove the absurd contention that the government created AIDs to target black people.  There is no proof.  It makes no sense.  To have someone with loony ideas like that in Obama's ear for 20 years directly reflects on Obama's judgment. 

But it's too late for McCain to discuss this. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I don't really see a comparison.  Wright was Obama's spiritual advisor for 20 years.  Obama has now disowned him, after claiming he would not disown him, so even he realizes his relationship was a problem. 

The fact the government used black folks as guinea pigs does not prove the absurd contention that the government created AIDs to target black people.  There is no proof.  It makes no sense.  To have someone with loony ideas like that in Obama's ear for 20 years directly reflects on Obama's judgment. 

But it's too late for McCain to discuss this. 

I disagree... You think Wright truly has no right to that opinion?

I'd say it's cool.

That's just me though...

Much better than being preached to by a witch doctor.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV

I'd say it's cool.

That's just me though...

I think that people should be able to disagree with their church, political connections, family members and not be seen as some evil incarnate.

When you are in lockstep with someone all of the time, you are not using your brain.
If you choose to continue to associate with said people, that doesn't mean you agree with everything the person says.

I believe there had to be some redeeming qualities in that church, just like in the catholic church.  The Reverend Wright was not what all of the church was about.
Sandra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

I'd say it's cool.

That's just me though...

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to his opinion.  This is America.  Wright can have whatever opinion he wants.  He can believe that the government created AIDS to target a minority group, that 911 was chickens coming home to roost, and make his "God damn America" statements till the cows come home.  I just don't want him in the ear of the next president for 20 years. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
not witch doctor, whichhunter!!!!!!! How many woman have died because of guys like this witchhunter?  Look it up, they have a real problem with it over there.  with the shit he stired up in villages and towns, there's a real good chance some of these women he pointed his finger at didn't just move on but found a painful end.  You care about women right or only if they're christian white?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to his opinion.  This is America.  Wright can have whatever opinion he wants.  He can believe that the government created AIDS to target a minority group, that 911 was chickens coming home to roost, and make his "God damn America" statements till the cows come home.  I just don't want him in the ear of the next president for 20 years. 

I see no issue with someone damning America and then trying to make it better... That's what you're SUPPOSED to do.

See injustice and fix it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

I'd say it's cool.

That's just me though...

if im not mistaken the witch docter was a visiting preacher and is a different story as obamas church had visiting preachers that could be criticized as well...OBAMA however sat in this guys church for 20+ years but never heard him say things like this  ::)

two totally different circumstance

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
he won't because he is chickenshit and has his own fucked up preacher to deal with if obama hits back.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
if im not mistaken the witch docter was a visiting preacher and is a different story as obamas church had visiting preachers that could be criticized as well...OBAMA however sat in this guys church for 20+ years but never heard him say things like this  ::)

So the guy thinks America has crapped on black people and that's a problem?

I don't see it that way I suppose.

Serious question.

Are you worried about white people losing some power or something?

I never saw Obama on stage with the guy... Sure he sat in the pews, but he wasn't up front being healed by the guy either.

You're right they're different.

One is speaking about injustices in America, the other is a witch doctor.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

what's with the witch doctor ???  it's witchhunter!  If he were a witch doctor, he would be the one being chased out of town or killed for witchcraft. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
what's with the witch doctor ???  it's witchhunter!  If he were a witch doctor, he would be the one being chased out of town or killed for witchcraft. 

Good point... Witch HUNTER.

He's hunting witches... Honest to god WITCHES.

WTF?!

I wonder if he offs little Wicca mothers floating around.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
So the guy thinks America has crapped on black people and that's a problem?

I don't see it that way I suppose.

Serious question.

Are you worried about white people losing some power or something?

I never saw Obama on stage with the guy... Sure he sat in the pews, but he wasn't up front being healed by the guy either.

You're right they're different.

One is speaking about injustices in America, the other is a witch doctor.
LOL fuking injustices bro come on you think that the government made aids to target the black community honest to god this retard believes this shit?

bro im not afraid of white ppl losing any power now giving power to somebody who agrees with some of the ridiculous shit that was preached in that church ya i have a big problem with that shit.

You dont sit in a specific church unless you agree with whats being said

obama has the bad end of the stick on this and you guys know it if you dont your nipple whores

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
LOL fuking injustices bro come on you think that the government made aids to target the black community honest to god this retard believes this shit?

bro im not afraid of white ppl losing any power now giving power to somebody who agrees with some of the ridiculous shit that was preached in that church ya i have a big problem with that shit.

You dont sit in a specific church unless you agree with whats being said

obama has the bad end of the stick on this and you guys know it if you dont your nipple whores

Whether or not I believe that AIDS was created by the US government and targeted towards blacks is irrelevant. What IS relevant however, is whether or not the US has committed atrocities against it's own citizens AT ALL.

It has... you can't deny that it has and for you to act like Wright's opinions on the Government don't have merit is ridiculous.

The government has done many many things to it's citizens... Things which were completely wrong... Maybe they didn't have anything to do with AIDS, maybe they didn't have anything to do with crack... But yet, what if they did?

The government couldn't have possibly done 9-11, but yet, there was a mirror plan of 9-11 created back in the 60s by government officials to allow them to go into Cuba.

Say what you will, but the government has done some shady shit and whether or not they did this one particular thing doesn't excuse all of the shit they HAVE done and continue to do.

Wright may not put it in a way you like, but to dismiss him just because he says "God Damn America" (When it is right and just to put it just like that) is just wrong of you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Whether or not I believe that AIDS was created by the US government and targeted towards blacks is irrelevant. What IS relevant however, is whether or not the US has committed atrocities against it's own citizens AT ALL.

It has... you can't deny that it has and for you to act like Wright's opinions on the Government don't have merit is ridiculous.

The government has done many many things to it's citizens... Things which were completely wrong... Maybe they didn't have anything to do with AIDS, maybe they didn't have anything to do with crack... But yet, what if they did?

The government couldn't have possibly done 9-11, but yet, there was a mirror plan of 9-11 created back in the 60s by government officials to allow them to go into Cuba.

Say what you will, but the government has done some shady shit and whether or not they did this one particular thing doesn't excuse all of the shit they HAVE done and continue to do.

Wright may not put it in a way you like, but to dismiss him just because he says "God Damn America" (When it is right and just to put it just like that) is just wrong of you.
yes yes the government has done shady shit name one that hasnt call them out on relevant shit not make up ridiculous racist claims...come the fuk on bro it is irresponsible and plain fuking ignorant.

Now that being said i agree that a governments citizens should take interest but that doesnt mean they should make unsubstantiad comments about it. I dont really hold much against wright for the damn america b/c when you listen to it in context its not all that bad could have it been worded better of course but i get his point...that being said i never mentioned that comment here so it is irrelevant

What is relevant is wrights comment about aids and im sorry for a US senetor to sit through this shit and shit like it is PLAIN FUKING WRONG and you know it if the roles where reversed and mccain had sat in a church where its pastor had said that the african american community had done something to target the caucasion community he would be slandered and would never had gotten this far.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
yes yes the government has done shady shit name one that hasnt call them out on relevant shit not make up ridiculous racist claims...come the fuk on bro it is irresponsible and plain fuking ignorant.

Now that being said i agree that a governments citizens should take interest but that doesnt mean they should make unsubstantiad comments about it. I dont really hold much against wright for the damn america b/c when you listen to it in context its not all that bad could have it been worded better of course but i get his point...that being said i never mentioned that comment here so it is irrelevant

What is relevant is wrights comment about aids and im sorry for a US senetor to sit through this shit and shit like it is PLAIN FUKING WRONG and you know it if the roles where reversed and mccain had sat in a church where its pastor had said that the african american community had done something to target the caucasion community he would be slandered and would never had gotten this far.

So really, because Obama's Pastor said the AIDS thing, that's wrong in your viewpoint... I see.

In all honesty, who is the wealthy ELITE in this country, you know, the people who have most of the money... Black people or white people?

Has there ever been a time in this country when the black community has had even the most remote opportunity to keep the white people down?

In America, was there a time when Black people had slaves who were white?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
I don't really see a comparison.  Wright was Obama's spiritual advisor for 20 years.

Do intelligent social climbers really have 'spiritual advisors'? 

Let's get real now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
So really, because Obama's Pastor said the AIDS thing, that's wrong in your viewpoint... I see.

In all honesty, who is the wealthy ELITE in this country, you know, the people who have most of the money... Black people or white people?

Has there ever been a time in this country when the black community has had even the most remote opportunity to keep the white people down?

In America, was there a time when Black people had slaves who were white?
LOL what relevance does any of this have on the times today? slavery? come the fuck on if blacks dont ever get over this shit and the racism they recieved fuking 50+ years ago they will never rise up as a community. So just b/c blacks where oppresed they can make assinine comments and not get called out for it? We have many different types of races in this country and yes your right more has been done to the black community than any other but more has been done for the black community than any other minority as well...give me a fuking break