Author Topic: THE FIREHOUSE Restaurant.Is it Garbage? Overpriced I-HoP? Poor Quality?One-Star?  (Read 21729 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I have hundreds of issues of Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Saveur.  Professional Cookbooks of all kinds.  Tons of Food and Restaurant review articles from the LA Times, NY Times etc...

NEVER ONCE have I heard a thing about The Firehouse.  I can`t even name a chef that works there or has worked there.

This leads me to believe it is overrated crap.  Am I correct?  What is it like and what is on the menu?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
I have hundreds of issues of Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Saveur.  Professional Cookbooks of all kinds.  Tons of Food and Restaurant review articles from the LA Times, NY Times etc...

NEVER ONCE have I heard a thing about The Firehouse.  I can`t even name a chef that works there or has worked there.

This leads me to believe it is overrated crap.  Am I correct?  What is it like and what is on the menu?

Hey! don't forget, the firehouse has the Bob 'chicadillo' Bowl!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Hey! don't forget, the firehouse has the Bob 'chicadillo' Bowl!

I bet that dish is a real winner.  ::)

I wonder if they ask, "About how long would you like this to be microwaved, sir?"

The Coach

I have subscriptions to those as well. Great books. My other favorite magazine is www.coastalliving.com some great recipes there too :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I have subscriptions to those as well. Great books. My other favorite magazine is www.coastalliving.com some great recipes there too :D
Yeah I noticed you had Saveur in your Kitchen.  I made the Jefferson Davis Pie and the homemade butter a few issues back.  Simply Exquisite.

I got the new Gourmet in the mail today, the obligatory turkey recipes kind of bored me but a few things caught my eye.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
i don't think anybody ever claimed it was a 5 star restaurant

it's just another restaurant near Golds venice

E
E

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
How could is be over rated when you think that McDonald's has good quality food?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
i don't think anybody ever claimed it was a 5 star restaurant

it's just another restaurant near Golds venice

E
So are you saying that its better to go get a Whopper, Large Fries and a Milkshake, than Eating Bob`s Baked Beans, 5 eggwhite Omelet, Whey Shake, with 4 oz of lean mystery meat for the same Calories?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
So are you saying that its better to go get a Whopper, Large Fries and a Milkshake, than Eating Bob`s Baked Beans, 5 eggwhite Omelet, Whey Shake, with 4 oz of lean mystery meat for the same Calories?
agreed-good post TA-bobs diet is crap and it refelcts on his worn out aged body
w

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
How could is be over rated when you think that McDonald's has good quality food?
2 Things.

First, they don`t sell egg white omelets at fast food for a simple reason.  Fucking things suck and are disgusting.  

Second, Heston Blumenthal, Chef and Owner of The Fat Duck which is a Three-Michelin Restaurant(highest honor), declared that a Big Mac is really good.  Thomas Keller, author of French Laundry and proprietor of Bouchon credits Fast Food Restaurants as an inspiration.

Those are the facts.

cheftim

• Getbig III

Hey man let me break it down like this. I went to the French Laundry in Napa. Rated at the top of the US restaurants. Absolutely nothing special. Two people, almost two grand. How many people will ever go to Napa? But everyone has heard of the french laundry worldwide! French Laundry is impossible to get into. It's a myth. Same as Per Se here in the NYC. It's good. Very simple food. Great, but at the end when they hand you that 2000$ check. The food really doesn't taste that good anymore. It's all word of mouth. The Parrot theory? Doesn't every town have a girl thats been affiliated with a frozen hotdog? It's all the same shit. The song remains the same.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Yeah I noticed you had Saveur in your Kitchen.  I made the Jefferson Davis Pie and the homemade butter a few issues back.  Simply Exquisite.

I got the new Gourmet in the mail today, the obligatory turkey recipes kind of bored me but a few things caught my eye.

Who do you have to blow to get your mail on Sunday Adam?

Jason

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
2 Things.

First, they don`t sell egg white omelets at fast food for a simple reason.  Fucking things suck and are disgusting.  

Second, Heston Blumenthal, Chef and Owner of The Fat Duck which is a Three-Michelin Restaurant(highest honor), declared that a Big Mac is really good.  Thomas Keller, author of French Laundry and proprietor of Bouchon credits Fast Food Restaurants as an inspiration.

Those are the facts.

I don't understand why someone would even think about eating an egg white omelet, they are so much better with the yolks

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

Jason
The whole US postal system.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time

Jason

ahahahah I fell off the chair laughing----solid job making Mr. wanna be intelligent adonis look like a fucking moron

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Hey man let me break it down like this. I went to the French Laundry in Napa. Rated at the top of the US restaurants. Absolutely nothing special. Two people, almost two grand. How many people will ever go to Napa? But everyone has heard of the french laundry worldwide! French Laundry is impossible to get into. It's a myth. Same as Per Se here in the NYC. It's good. Very simple food. Great, but at the end when they hand you that 2000$ check. The food really doesn't taste that good anymore. It's all word of mouth. The Parrot theory? Doesn't every town have a girl thats been affiliated with a frozen hotdog? It's all the same shit. The song remains the same.

I read that Keller used to payoff the critics early in his career for a positive rating.

I was wondering if there is any truth to it? lol
French Laundry does seem overrated.  I hear Flay`s restaurants are REALLY overrated.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!

Jason
hahahahahaahahaa
A

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
2 Things.

Those are the facts.

The first "fact" is nothing more than your opinion.  Your second remark is not a fact, but just a tidbit of info that really have no relevancy. Therefore, there are NO facts to your previous statement.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Tim,
What do you think of The Fat Duck?  Blumenthal is releasing his cookbook very soon.  Its a giant thing at about 150 dollars I think.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Jason
I was too lazy to get the mail on Saturday.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
I was too lazy to get the mail on Saturday.

I assumed as much. I enjoy your posts, and just wanted to bust your balls.
 ;D
Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

Are you serious? 2k? Ill stick with the McDonalds, i think.

Jason

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Flays like Emeril. These guys are raking it in. An over priced fast food. Tourist trap. I wish I were in their shoes. Big time hats off to them! With my experience? Don't get to excited. I'm sure the Firehouse is good. But my experience this summer and many times worldwide. El Bulli #1 rated restaurant in the world. It's all hype. Another place everyone one knows but will never go. I'm out three to fours nights a week always. Nothings perfect and busy places cannot keep up with the masses unless it's Denny's. No offense to anyone. Food rules!
I totally passed on buying any El Bulli books.  My perception led me to the same conclusion.  Open 6 months and pretending to be selective in choosing only 8000 applications to eat there. Total Gimmick.  Anyone who goes to Spain to eat there would probably do better sneaking around back to the street vendor selling chorizo and beef burgers for few dollars. lol.

cheftim

• Getbig III
Are you serious? 2k? Ill stick with the McDonalds, i think.

Jason
3-4hours. Fine food and wine. Live music. Finest crystal and flatwear. It's not a place were you wolf done the grub. It's an experience. But even so not worth the 2k!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
3-4hours. Fine food and wine. Live music. Finest crystal and flatwear. It's not a place were you wolf done the grub. It's an experience. But even so not worth the 2k!

I wouldn't pay 2k for sex, and Im guessing its a better experience. However, I could in no way even consider affording it either, so I guess it is beyond my scope of appreciation.

Jason