Author Topic: Obese "powerlifters" in your gym/  (Read 8233 times)

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
Re: Obese "powerlifters" in your gym/
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 01:43:58 PM »
I have one: shaved head, handlebar mustache, Gold's Gym t-back tank, eagle tatoo covering his back, does nothing but Smith Machine bench press and ez-bar curls, 3-5 times a week, for about an hour at a time.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 02:27:39 PM »
Yep my gym have a few as well. Truth is a prefer these guys over the tapouters that think they run the place. Current there is a group of 7 tapouters the workout the SAME body and the SAME time. They don't share equipment. :-\
A

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 12:06:24 AM »
LOL I have the pseudo powerlifter fat ass at my gym as well.  There is this one guy he's fucking hilarious.  He's built like QueerOats!  Real fat guy with peewee herman calves and legs hence why he always wears those MC Hammer pants.  He always wears a tank top.  He's got those short, fat strong arms.  You know the kind I'm talking about......the kind that the big fat lady at your work has.  Just enough muscle to move some serious weight encased in a tube of fat.  This guy has a faux mullet as well.  Last time I saw him working out he was wearing the iconic fanny pack.  He does a rep of 300+lbs gets up looks around, flexes in the mirror a little and stands around for 10 minutes looking around at everyone.  He repeats this nonsense for about an hour.  Then moves on to another chest exercise. 

And Donkey Kong I have the 40 year old woman who does everything wrong and uses everything at once as well.  She's got that toned old woman's body= flat ass, saggy tits, but yet keeps wearing her spandex outfit to the gym everday to show off her disgustingly stretched out camel toe. 

LOL, maybe we work out in the same gym!!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 01:13:43 AM »
I am one of those obese powerlifters at the gym.  At least I compete.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 01:16:47 AM »
There's one in my gym that used to press 700 but since he tore his tris years ago 275 is all he's got now :-\
Plus he's brutaly syntholized his bis for some reason...maybe to give his arms some cushion and bounce at the bottom of a bench rep.

His name is not Greg Valentino by any chance? ::)

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 01:37:25 AM »
We've got one, or a pair rather. Tall fat guy always wearing his big grey moo moo walking around like he owns the place with his wife/dyke sister (not sure which it is) training with him. She told a father and his kid that they should angle their wrist inward towards each other when dumbbell benching.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 06:19:33 AM »
He used to compete and did some crazy numbers, but really doesn't want to talk about details of the competitions (dates, location, etc)

He had a major back injury that almost killed him, but he's about to 'ramp up' a comeback.

I used to work out at Gold's Yonkers Ave., back in the day.  Its right near the Bronx border and there were a lot of guys like that.  Wraps, chalk, bags, belts, etc, all for a few half reps in a cage, sort of like Kamali.   

However, there were tons of gorillas back then over there.  They changed to Planet Fitness and threw me out the second day because they said I was not the image they wanted.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 06:21:04 AM »
I am sure you all seen this stereotype: the disgustingly obese mid 40's man with a "power lifter" style: big gym bag, knee and elbow wraps...always loads 20 plates on each side of the bar to do a quarter-rep and then sit around, forearm on one bent knee, breathing heavily and looking super serious....oh yes, belt and chalk - always present....
been gymming for 10+ years and this type never seems to go extinct...

These guys always have a fat, bloated face. They are also obsessed with their body weight. They actually think they are in shape too.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 06:22:30 AM »
No fatass powerlifters at my gym. The management does its best to keep these guys out. But we've been suffering lately from more and more cases of "shadow fighting" disorders.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 06:25:58 AM »
more and more cases of "shadow fighting" disorders.

those guys gotta go. I cant stand that.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 06:33:05 AM »

These guys always have a fat, bloated face. They are also obsessed with their body weight. They actually think they are in shape too.

I love these guys!

"If i dieted down, i would look ten times better than you!"

Yes, "if" you did that, it might even be true, but now you look like a fat piece of shit.  ;D

Shadow boxing is great as well. We also have Kickboxing and Taekwondo lessons in my gym, and i try my best NOT to be in the gym when there were martial arts courses.

There's this one guy, he's really huge, unfortunately rather fat. Comes to the gym after Kickboxing in his "Muay-Thai"-Polyester-shorts, no shoes, muscle shirt. Then he grabs a dumbell, puts two 10kg plates on it WITHOUT fixing the plates, does 3 biceps curls and BOOOOOM!!! the weights come shattering down on his toes.

He was screaming and yelling like a madman "I told you so!!!! Bodybuilding is dangerous!!!" and limps away...

;D ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 06:33:11 AM »
since this thread is turning into the "every gym has "that guy"", I'll add my new favorite that has been on the rise

The "newly certified personal trainer who talks loud so everyone can hear how book smart he is"- usually, a young douche ,who probably has a closet full of ambercrombie and fitch or hollister shirts, who explains to a novice client the difference between planterflexion and dorsiflexion but does it loud enough so the hardcore guys can hear him.  He does this as a attempt to get some sort of "gym cred" but, in reality, just ends up a bigger tool

ASJChaotic

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »
since this thread is turning into the "every gym has "that guy"", I'll add my new favorite that has been on the rise

The "newly certified personal trainer who talks loud so everyone can hear how book smart he is"- usually, a young douche ,who probably has a closet full of ambercrombie and fitch or hollister shirts, who explains to a novice client the difference between planterflexion and dorsiflexion but does it loud enough so the hardcore guys can hear him.  He does this as a attempt to get some sort of "gym cred" but, in reality, just ends up a bigger tool
ahahahhaha
gym credit=
what makes you choose between saving that poor bastard from under the barbell bench....or not  ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2008, 06:37:02 AM »
ahahahhaha
gym credit=
what makes you choose between saving that poor bastard from under the barbell bench....or not  ;D

i know..it's all ridiculous but gym culture is far too abnormal to comprehend

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 06:37:08 AM »
LOL I have the pseudo powerlifter fat ass at my gym as well.  There is this one guy he's fucking hilarious.  He's built like QueerOats!  Real fat guy with peewee herman calves and legs hence why he always wears those MC Hammer pants.  He always wears a tank top.  He's got those short, fat strong arms.  You know the kind I'm talking about......the kind that the big fat lady at your work has.  Just enough muscle to move some serious weight encased in a tube of fat.  This guy has a faux mullet as well.  Last time I saw him working out he was wearing the iconic fanny pack.  He does a rep of 300+lbs gets up looks around, flexes in the mirror a little and stands around for 10 minutes looking around at everyone.  He repeats this nonsense for about an hour.  Then moves on to another chest exercise. 

And Donkey Kong I have the 40 year old woman who does everything wrong and uses everything at once as well.  She's got that toned old woman's body= flat ass, saggy tits, but yet keeps wearing her spandex outfit to the gym everday to show off her disgustingly stretched out camel toe. 

I swear, every gym has at least one of these guys.  Always in the MC Hammer pants to hide the chicken legs, and the Tank top to to show off the arms.  These idiots must have learned this insanity in highschool Football weight training back in the day.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 06:43:47 AM »
  He's got those short, fat strong arms.  You know the kind I'm talking about......the kind that the big fat lady at your work has.  Just enough muscle to move some serious weight encased in a tube of fat.   

classic quote

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 07:12:55 AM »

still waiting on these pics of you at 6'5" 250 pounds at minimal bodyfat like you claim. ::)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:03 AM »
"gym people" are why I don't work out in commercial gyms if I can help it. 

you  could do that or go at times when those types aren't so prevalent

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39:35 AM »
I am sure you all seen this stereotype: the disgustingly obese mid 40's man with a "power lifter" style: big gym bag, knee and elbow wraps...always loads 20 plates on each side of the bar to do a quarter-rep and then sit around, forearm on one bent knee, breathing heavily and looking super serious....oh yes, belt and chalk - always present....
been gymming for 10+ years and this type never seems to go extinct...

Got one at my gym, 1/4 reps, too much weight, huge gut and he is passing all his bad techniques to his kid who he trains with. I have not seen him in awhile, probably blew out his knee, back, etc. out.
I am a big baby

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 07:43:01 AM »
Got one at my gym, 1/4 reps, too much weight, huge gut and he is passing all his bad techniques to his kid who he trains with. I have not seen him in awhile, probably blew out his knee, back, etc. out.
is it this guy? ;D

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 08:07:50 AM »
is it this guy? ;D
^^^ that guy took a getbig beating and hasn't been seen since.
I am a big baby

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 08:17:04 AM »
^^^ that guy took a getbig beating and hasn't been seen since.
maybe he has a huge high profile case to prosecute. Elite.