Author Topic: Returning to gym after a virus for 5 days  (Read 866 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Returning to gym after a virus for 5 days
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:05:42 AM »
So i was sick about 5 days, tommorow friday i will be returning to gym...

Its actually friday, last day of the week so there's not much to do....

should i do a light full body workout just to get the blood into the muscles and be prepared to start 100% again on monday?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Returning to gym after a virus for 5 days
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:53:15 AM »
yes train very very light. In the short run, Heavy training whacks your immune system (boosts it in the long run). Do almost a cardio workout to sweat out some toxins. Hit the sauna too dude.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »
yes train very very light. In the short run, Heavy training whacks your immune system (boosts it in the long run). Do almost a cardio workout to sweat out some toxins. Hit the sauna too dude.

yes thank you.

Im gonna do 2 sets each bodypart (except legs) very light just for the pump to "wake them up"....  :)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:41:28 AM »
Hopefully you are virus free before you enter the gym. Do not want to share everything (germs) with others. Hate when people are always blowing their nose or coughing all over the equipment. Seen that happen a bit.

Consider a light full body workout. Might want to keep 'light' SS's in mind to really get the blood and mood for training started. But nothing to the extreme, just take it easy at first. Do not force your workout pace. Next Monday you may want to start with 75% of your regular workout load to get a feel of how your body feels. If back to normal, than let the following workout up the intensity to 100%.  Good Luck.
F