Author Topic: Am i really missing out not having a Post Workout Shake?  (Read 3449 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Am i really missing out not having a Post Workout Shake?
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 07:53:42 AM »
the negative aspects of pre and intra shakes is that blood goes to the stomach to digest the food when it is needed in the muscle being worked.

True to a degree.

That’s one advantage to the current line of carb drinks like Waxy Maize.

WM’s molecular weight yields a rapid gastric emptying so that its carbs – and whatever you mix with it – enter the small intestine, which leads to faster entry into the bloodstream.

It spends very little time in the stomach.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 10:09:13 AM »
the negative aspects of pre and intra shakes is that blood goes to the stomach to digest the food when it is needed in the muscle being worked.

If the pre WO meal has enough carbs and protein it shouldn't be necessary i think

I've never seen Coleman have a shake in the middle of a workout, only after...
thats incorrect. no worries, its a common misconception and is spouted off as fact by  several well known "guruss"..so i dont blame you for thinking that its true. drinking pre and intra workout shakes wll not inhibit a good pump, in fact it is going to enhacne the pump and youll have better blood flow to the muscles than you would without them.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 03:18:30 PM »
Drink a pre workout shake and intra shake on leg day and watch how fast you blow chunks all over the squat rack..

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
Drink a pre workout shake and intra shake on leg day and watch how fast you blow chunks all over the squat rack..

You're probably right.  :-X

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »

Heh, I can barely make it through leg day when I'm dbol let alone with a shake.  If I was drinking a shake I'd probably make it through 1 exercise before my quads go so pumped I wouldn't be able to walk.