Author Topic: Why A Christian Cannot Vote For Obama, An Email Just Sent To Me  (Read 6279 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Why A Christian Cannot Vote For Obama, An Email Just Sent To Me
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 09:05:12 AM »
Oh noooooo, ...Christians everywhere will be voting for McCain, because this eMail told them to.  ::)

Don't worry Coach, ...you're completely exempt from having to follow this... it only applies to Christians.
Any man 2x's divorced, doesn't qualify as a Christian.  :P

Obama    X

McCain

Too bad that this is the close as you'll get to actually voting in this election, Jag.   ;)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 10:06:24 AM »
If marriage is just a piece of paper why bother with it at all?

it verifies a commitment to some, woman like it and it takes the relationship one step further as its harder to get out of.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »
it verifies a commitment to some, woman like it and it takes the relationship one step further as its harder to get out of.

It also gives women the right to butt rape the man in divorce court, especially if they have a kid together.   ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2008, 11:33:09 AM »
I'm sure there are murderer's, rapists, child molestors on death row who have heard the "good news" and accepted Jesus as their personal saviour and according the story they'll all take the express train to paradise just like all the good christians on this board.

How does voting for Palin have any effect on the promise of eternal life in paradise with Jesus.

Joe?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
I absolutely said that and stand by it.
i used to atleast entertain your threads and posts...As of now...atleast as it goes for me..I can not ever take anything you say seriously at all..i will totally ignore you..please go pray for yourself

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »
i used to atleast entertain your threads and posts...As of now...atleast as it goes for me..I can not ever take anything you say seriously at all..i will totally ignore you..please go pray for yourself

i wnat to vote for obama just because coach is so stupid
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »
DAWG

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »
I'm not a christian so I'm still trying to understand why some christians like Joe presume to tell other christians they can't vote for Obama?

Joe I really want to understand your point of view

what does being a christian have to do with some small little speck of temporal human politics?

I am with you on this one. But I think most Christians focus on the social issues i.e., Abortion, gay marriage etc. and less on the economy, energy well you know what I mean. I am voting for who will keep more money in my pocket.

I don't support abortion and could'nt careless if gay folk wanna get married not my business.

HM (ICV)

P.S. Why should Christians only vote for McCain?

W

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
I support homo marriages. Got no problem with it. But I don't see any support in Christianity for it.

So if you gonna pick a candidate based on Christian values, he/she shouldn't be in favor of gay marriages.
So both candidates are 'correct' Christians as far as that goes. 

so you believe that a christian can vote for Obama

hey Joe, do you agree with that?

The Coach

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
Well, seriously that is just typical shallow minded crap that drives ppl away. Someone can't be a christian due to political beliefs? What happened to judge not, welcome all etc? Also, really, many deep christians would consider you an ultimate sinner for the divorces, not to personally insult you, just making a point.

As far as the thread point, I am all for goodness, but not hypocritical behaviour. Soon as someone goes on an antiabortion tangent, while at the same time wanting to kill human beings [Iraqis and others] and also enjoys killing gods creatures [animals] for fun while promoting the death penalty which obviously is fundementally flawed as the 100+ let off show - I immediately disregard all they say on the grounds of epic hypocrasy. A foetus staying alive is more important then an Iraqi family being alive. Uh, ok. ::)

CQ, as a Christian I cannot self consously vote for someone who has voted 13 times for abortion (especially late term) IMO, this is just commonsense and has nothing to do with my Christianity especially when I look at my son and how he's changed my life since day one. I as a Christian cannot vote for someone who can possibly approve of a homosexual marriage or homosexuality in general.......again, even I wasn't a Christian I couldn't see it. Does that make me a homophobe, no, not a chance. I still treat everyone equally even though I might not approve of their choice of lifestyle.

I screw around on here alot, I sometimes say somethings I probably shouldn't and of course I admit it make me a hypocrite, but then again everyone is a hypocrite at some point. But first and foremost, I am a Christian, and again, that email sums up why every Christian should not be voting for someone like Obama or otherwise.

If someone is a true Christian and TRIES to follow scripture as it was written, it would be plain to see why that person couldn't vote for him. Based on Obama's voting record, he is in no way, shape or form a Christian as he claims to be.....neither is Rev. Wright nor Flagher. But I'm not the one who will ultimately judge them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2008, 08:48:16 PM »
can't a true christian also look at all the stuff that you're looking at and simply make a different decision?

how does that change their personal relationship with Jesus and their ultimate salvation?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »
I as a Christian cannot vote for someone who can possibly approve of a homosexual marriage or homosexuality in general.......again, even I wasn't a Christian I couldn't see it. Does that make me a homophobe, no, not a chance. I still treat everyone equally even though I might not approve of their choice of lifestyle.

guess I won't be inviting you to my wedding

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »
guess I won't be inviting you to my wedding

Would coach rather have sex with a democrat woman, or a republican man?
!

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2008, 10:17:41 PM »
Another Christian Perspective:

Jim Wallis ( http://www.sojo.net/)
My Personal 'Faith Priorities' for this Election

In 2004, several conservative Catholic Bishops and a few megachurch pastors like Rick Warren issued their list of "non-negotiables," which were intended to be a voter guide for their followers. All of them were relatively the same list of issues: abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research, etc. None of them even included the word "poverty," only one example of the missing issues which are found quite clearly in the Bible. All of them were also relatively the same as official Republican Party Web sites of "non-negotiables." The political connections and commitments of the religious non-negotiable writers were quite clear.

I want to suggest a different approach this year and share my personal list of "faith priorities" that will guide me in making the imperfect choices that always confront us in any election year -- and suggest that each of you come up with your own list of "faith" or "moral" priorities for this election year and take them into the polling place with you.
After the last election, I wrote a book titled God's Politics.  I was criticized by some for presuming to speak for God, but that wasn't the point.  I was trying to explore what issues might be closest to the heart of God and how they may be quite different from what many strident religious voices were then saying.  I was also saying that "God's Politics" will often turn our partisan politics upside down, transcend our ideological categories of Left and Right, and challenge the core values and priorities of our political culture. I was also trying to say that there is certainly no easy jump from God's politics to either the Republicans or Democrats. God is neither. In any election, we face imperfect choices, but our choices should reflect the things we believe God cares about if we are people of faith, and our own moral sensibilities if we are not people of faith. Therefore, people of faith, and all of us, should be "values voters" but vote all our values, not just a few that can be easily manipulated for the benefit of one party or another.

In 2008, the kingdom of God is not on the ballot in any of the 50 states as far as I can see. So we can't vote for that this year. But there are important choices in this year's election -- very important choices -- which will dramatically impact what many in the religious community and outside of it call "the common good," and the outcome could be very important, perhaps even more so than in many recent electoral contests.

I am in no position to tell anyone what is "non-negotiable," and neither is any Bishop or mega church pastor, but let me tell you the "faith priorities" and values I will be voting on this year:
1.   With more than 2,000 verses in the Bible about how we treat the poor and oppressed, I will examine the record, plans, policies, and promises made by the candidates on what they will do to overcome the scandal of extreme global poverty and the shame of such unnecessary domestic poverty in the richest nation in the world. Such a central theme of the Bible simply cannot be ignored at election time, as too many Christians have done for years. And any solution to the economic crisis that simply bails out the rich, and even the middle class, but ignores those at the bottom should simply be unacceptable to people of faith.

2.   From the biblical prophets to Jesus, there is, at least, a biblical presumption against war and the hope of beating our swords into instruments of peace. So I will choose the candidates who will be least likely to lead us into more disastrous wars and find better ways to resolve the inevitable conflicts in the world and make us all safer. I will choose the candidates who seem to best understand that our security depends upon other people's security (everyone having "their own vine and fig tree, so no one can make them afraid," as the prophets say) more than upon how high we can build walls or a stockpile of weapons. Christians should never expect a pacifist president, but we can insist on one who views military force only as a very last resort, when all other diplomatic and economic measures have failed, and never as a preferred or habitual response to conflict.

3.   "Choosing life" is a constant biblical theme, so I will choose candidates who have the most consistent ethic of life, addressing all the threats to human life and dignity that we face -- not just one. 30,000 children dying globally each day of preventable hunger and disease is a life issue. The genocide in Darfur is a life issue. Health care is a life issue. War is a life issue. The death penalty is a life issue. And on abortion, I will choose candidates who have the best chance to pursue the practical and proven policies which could dramatically reduce the number of abortions in America and therefore save precious unborn lives, rather than those who simply repeat the polarized legal debates and "pro-choice" and "pro-life" mantras from either side. 

4.   God's fragile creation is clearly under assault, and I will choose the candidates who will likely be most faithful in our care of the environment. In particular, I will choose the candidates who will most clearly take on the growing threat of climate change, and who have the strongest commitment to the conversion of our economy and way of life to a cleaner, safer, and more renewable energy future. And that choice could accomplish other key moral priorities like the redemption of a dangerous foreign policy built on Middle East oil dependence, and the great prospects of job creation and economic renewal from a new "green" economy built on more spiritual values of conservation, stewardship, sustainability, respect, responsibility, co-dependence, modesty, and even humility.

5.   Every human being is made in the image of God, so I will choose the candidates who are most likely to protect human rights and human dignity. Sexual and economic slavery is on the rise around the world, and an end to human trafficking must become a top priority. As many religious leaders have now said, torture  is completely morally unacceptable, under any circumstances, and I will choose the candidates who are most committed to reversing American policy on the treatment of prisoners. And I will choose the candidates who understand that the immigration system is totally broken and needs comprehensive reform, but must be changed in ways that are compassionate, fair, just, and consistent with the biblical command to "welcome the stranger."

6.   Healthy families are the foundation of our community life, and nothing is more important than how we are raising up the next generation. As the father of two young boys, I am deeply concerned about the values our leaders model in the midst of the cultural degeneracy assaulting our children. Which candidates will best exemplify and articulate strong family values, using the White House and other offices as bully pulpits to speak of sexual restraint and integrity, marital fidelity, strong parenting, and putting family values over economic values? And I will choose the candidates who promise to really deal with the enormous economic and cultural pressures that have made parenting such a "countercultural activity" in America today, rather than those who merely scapegoat gay people for the serious problems of heterosexual family breakdown.

That is my list of personal "faith priorities" for the election year of 2008, but they are not "non-negotiables" for anyone else. It's time for each of us to make up our own list in these next 12 days. Make your list and send this on to your friends and family members, inviting them to do the same thing.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2008, 11:37:28 PM »
Too bad that this is the close as you'll get to actually voting in this election, Jag.   ;)

You Sir... have wounded me deeply, ...like a knife through my heart.   :'(

That's OK though. I'm content in knowing that I have influenced more Americans to vote for the right candidate than you have to vote for McCain. I've told every single member of my family of voting age in the USA that if they don't vote properly, ...they're gonna have to deal with me. I don't think they want it to come to that.  :D

ps: We Canadians can vote in a sense. We have our own Canadian election up here about who we would elect President of the USA. They're releasing the results on the 5th. I think we all know how that's gonna go.
w

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2008, 10:00:48 AM »
for the repub party to be so anti-gay, they sure got a lot of closet fags in there.  and it seems the worst cases are the ones engaging in hypocritical behavior that is a direct result of their own self loathing.

it is funny how conservatives want "little government as possible in their lives" but yet do not think twice about trying to use the government as a tool to impose their own stupid beliefs and opinions on how someone else should live their lives. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2008, 10:07:58 AM »
for the repub party to be so anti-gay, they sure got a lot of closet fags in there.  and it seems the worst cases are the ones engaging in hypocritical behavior that is a direct result of their own self loathing.

it is funny how conservatives want "little government as possible in their lives" but yet do not think twice about trying to use the government as a tool to impose their own stupid beliefs and opinions on how someone else should live their lives. 

I consider myself a conservative and could care less about gays.  However, I do not believe they should push their agenda either in the schools, govt either.

Let them do what they want, but if they push their agenda down peoples' throats, they should expect a push back. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2008, 10:50:01 AM »

You Sir... have wounded me deeply, ...like a knife through my heart.   :'(
:P 

That's OK though. I'm content in knowing that I have influenced more Americans to vote for the right candidate than you have to vote for McCain. I've told every single member of my family of voting age in the USA that if they don't vote properly, ...they're gonna have to deal with me. I don't think they want it to come to that.  :D
The foot smell alone should scare them into voting the way you want them to.   :-X ;)

ps: We Canadians can vote in a sense. We have our own Canadian election up here about who we would elect President of the USA. They're releasing the results on the 5th. I think we all know how that's gonna go.
If I were you, I'd be more concerned with trying to figure out a way to get your party back in power, seeing as you just lost again to the Canadian Conservative Party with Prime Minister Stephen Harper leading the charge.   ;D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »
Let them do what they want, but if they push their agenda down peoples' throats, they should expect a push back. 

push their agenda:   not be fired for being gay, receive the benefits that straight couples take for granted

same things were said about those uppity negros back in the 1950s and 60s.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »
so much for "tolerance", huh?   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »
push their agenda:   not be fired for being gay, receive the benefits that straight couples take for granted

I'm talking about pushing "Johnny has two mommies" to 5 year olds.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »
I'm talking about pushing "Johnny has two mommies" to 5 year olds.

maybe if you actually took the time to look at Heather has Two Mommies or Daddy's Roommate or Tango Makes Three, you'd see how age appropriate they really are.   None of these books talk about sex or sexuality.  they just show that families come in many forms.   this is important for the child in that class who does have a non-traditional family.  and it is important for the child with a traditional family because he will run into classmates who don't.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2008, 04:08:03 AM »
:P 
The foot smell alone should scare them into voting the way you want them to.   :-X ;)

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with trying to figure out a way to get your party back in power, seeing as you just lost again to the Canadian Conservative Party with Prime Minister Stephen Harper leading the charge.   ;D

My feet don't smell!  >:( 

As for harper, ...trust me, ...he'll be out on his ass in the next election.
We had a lot of in fighting in the liberal party. Allies of Jean Crétien weren't happy about Paul Martin overthrowing him and you had Crétien allies against Martin allies. Dion won because he'd been a cabinet minster under both, and both sides felt he could unify the party. He did unify the party, but didn't have enough of an opportunity to sell his agenda to the county. As a result, we went with the status quo, ...but you can rest assured harper's ass will be gone next time.

w

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2008, 06:16:35 AM »
Ya, ...he was so lousy in bed, one of his wives turned gay. How bad do you have to be to turn a woman gay?

That and the fact that he broke his vow to God. For richer, for poorer, in sickness or health, 'til death do us part'.

What God has joined together, ...let no man put asunder. He put asunder 3 x's.

One of the divorces was because his wife caught him and his pal Moosejay taking turns to stick their cocks  up Bill Pearl's arse  :o
Master of the Masters.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2008, 07:07:42 AM »
One of the divorces was because his wife caught him and his pal Moosejay taking turns to stick their cocks  up Bill Pearl's arse  :o

Is this true? ...or are you simply looking to embarass and humiliate him publicly?  ???
w