Author Topic: Training with Hernia  (Read 1096 times)

ChessMaster250

• Getbig I
Training with Hernia
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »
I have an umbilical hernia which happened about 2 months ago. Absolutely no pain but I havent trained since. Getting bored of not working out so I'm wondering if anyone has trained with one. I still exert myself doing household shit and moving furniture, etc. I'm not even sayong I wanna go heavy, just moderate weights and high reps. Advice?

ChessMaster250

• Getbig I
Re: Training with Hernia
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
Lol @ this place

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:32:50 PM »
What did your doctor say?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »
stick to chess

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 04:04:08 AM »

jspin23

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 05:14:28 AM »
I had an inguinal hernia and worked out with it. I just did light weight high reps. I even worked out the morning of my surgery. I'm taking 3 weeks off post operation. According to my doctor sneezing and coughing are worse then lifting.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:43:19 AM »
I have an umbilical hernia which happened about 2 months ago. Absolutely no pain but I havent trained since. Getting bored of not working out so I'm wondering if anyone has trained with one. I still exert myself doing household shit and moving furniture, etc. I'm not even sayong I wanna go heavy, just moderate weights and high reps. Advice?

Duct tape

ChessMaster250

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »
stick to chess

I busted a nut on your mommy's chest and it stuck...does that count?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »

I had an inguinal hernia about 5 years ago.
I took two weeks off from the gym. The next time I went to the gym I was tentative about lying leg curls, and that was about it.
The next week (4 weeks after the operation), I set a new PR on the SLDL. And I was squatting with my usual poundage.
Depending on your procedure, mesh, double mesh or whatever, I'm sure after 2 months your doc would tell you it's OK. But to be safe, ask him.
Till you do ask him, just make sure there is no scar tissue pulling or causing stress in the area, and do what your body tells you. If it hurts, don't do it. If it does, back off or find another exercise that doesn't bother it.