Author Topic: Not Able To Lose Weight  (Read 4517 times)

AzN

• Getbig I
Not Able To Lose Weight
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, I'm 5'7 230lb, I've started working out about 2 month ago working out 5 days a week. I lower my calories intake to 2600/day. I do cardio everyday for about 25 to 30 minutes on the efx machine (burning 350 to 400 calories) before lifting weights. I notice that I didnt shed any weight yet my clothes fit alot better. my belt went in about 3 notches. I wanna get down to about 200lb, but for the past 2 months I havent shed a single pound, I'm a little worried about not reaching my goal. I'm gonna be 28 years old this Nov. I when was 18 to 20. I was fit and built and I weigh around 175lb. I dont know if I will be able to reach that weight so I set my goal at 200lb. Any Tips? My body type is Endomorph. I wake up every morning and hit the gym doing cardio on an empty stomatch. I eat mainly chicken breasts and lots of veggies and fruits. One of my questions would be.. is it better to do cardio after weight lifting or before? I'm trying to burn off the belly fat. The only supplements I'm on right now is Xenadrine EFX, I drink close to 1 gallons of water daily. Any help and inputs will be appreciated.

My Work out Consist of..

Monday - Chest / Triceps
Tuesdays - Back/ Biceps
Wednesday - Traps / Abs
Thursday - Abs
Friday - Legs
Weekend = Rest
Cardio - Every weekday 25 to 30 minutes before weight lifting.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: Not Able Lose Weight
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 06:04:35 PM »
4 gallons is a lot of water.

If you are that strict and not losing maybe you have a thyroid issue.  Have you had your BF% measured at the beginning to get a baseline?  Could be you are gaining muscle and losing fat.   Hell my wife has been doing an 1.5 hours of cardio a day for 6 weeks and eating about 1200 calories and lost 2 lbs.

AzN

• Getbig I
Re: Not Able Lose Weight
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »
well I look thinner I can see some muscle definitions compared to when I first started, so maybe I'm losing fat and gaining muscle mass but I was hoping to see the at least 5lb drop but none what so ever. The reason I drink alot of water is because Xenadrine recommends that I drink 10 glasses of 10oz daily, that plus I've started to eat alot of fiber 1  to clean up my system to see if I can improve the weight loss, and if I dont drink alot of water with fiber..its constipation lol. The weight isnt a big issue as long as I get more cut but at 5'7 even at 200lb is kinda on the heavy side

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Not Able To Lose Weight
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 05:19:31 AM »
If you want to lose fat, it's useless to post here, post in the nutrition section.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 04:04:38 AM »
First off,do cardio after you train!

Post your diet.........a typical days eating for you, and I`ll see if I can offer you some good advice that might help you.

AzN

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 05:15:58 AM »
Thanx for the response and currently my days go like this. wake up grab 2 fibre source bars which contains 130 Calories and 5g of Fibre each. pop 2 Xenadrines with 25 oz of water. Hit the Gym.

After the Gym.

- pop 1 Xenadrine + 16oz of water
- 15 Almonds
- 8oz Chicken Breast with 3/4 cup of Green Peas or 1 cup of Brocoli

Around 3pm

- 1/2 cup of Fiber 1 (10g of Fiber) (No Milk)
- 2 egg whites
- 16oz of water
Around 530pm

- pop another pill of Xenadrine + 16 oz of water
- 1/2 green peas or 1 cup of Broccoli + 1 can of Tuna
- banana

Around 730 to 8pm

- 1/2 cup of Fiber 1 (10g of Fiber) (No Milk)
- Kiwi or Fat Free Yogurt
25 oz of water between 7pm and bed time.

So my meals for each day looks like that for monday to friday.. Weekends are pretty much the same except I might substitude chicken for a 10oz steak or grilled salmon

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
Simply put, your diet sucks.

Not much protein, no healthy fats. Your metabolism is probably fast asleep, as you starve yourself to death.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »
Dude,if you eat like the slob who lives next door to you,then you`re gonna` look like him!!

Eat like a bodybuilder...........ev ery 3-4 hours.

Meal # 1:
8 eggwhites
2 whole eggs (scrambled in non-fat cooking spray)
1/2 cup oatmeal with artificial sweetener (no milk)
12 oz. water

Meal # 2:
1 can water packed tuna (plain)
lg. green salad with vinegar and olive oil
1 baked potato (butter spray)
12 oz. water

Meal # 3:
8 oz. skinless chicken breast
1 cup brown rice (butter spray)
2 cups veggies (plain)
12 oz. water

Meal # 4:
Same as Meal # 3 but no rice

Meal # 5:
1 can tuna (plain)
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
12 oz. water

After you train do cardio then have a whey shake in water (40 gms. protein),and a lg. baked potato

Good luck !

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
Dude,if you eat like the slob who lives next door to you,then you`re gonna` look like him!!

Eat like a bodybuilder...........ev ery 3-4 hours.

Meal # 1:
8 eggwhites
2 whole eggs (scrambled in non-fat cooking spray)
1/2 cup oatmeal with artificial sweetener (no milk)
12 oz. water

Meal # 2:
1 can water packed tuna (plain)
lg. green salad with vinegar and olive oil
1 baked potato (butter spray)
12 oz. water

Meal # 3:
8 oz. skinless chicken breast
1 cup brown rice (butter spray)
2 cups veggies (plain)
12 oz. water

Meal # 4:
Same as Meal # 3 but no rice

Meal # 5:
1 can tuna (plain)
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
12 oz. water

After you train do cardio then have a whey shake in water (40 gms. protein),and a lg. baked potato

Good luck !

You should move the carbs around in this diet to fit your daily schedule.  No reason to be taking in carbs late in the day if you are going to be inactive at that point.  But overall this is a good plan and as an Endo your main culprit is going to be watching the carbs and keeping protein high.  Also try doing some HIIT cardio on your off days, it's great for burning fat.  And as Wes said, on your lifting days, do low intensity cardio after you work out when your gylocgen stores are depleted.

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
Damn....... man

PROTEIN,PROTEIN,PROTEIN,PROTEIN,PROTEIN,PROTEIN

Helps build muscle PLUS burn's fat

I would say ATLEAST 1 Gram per pound of BODY WEIGHT

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
If you're working out first thing in the morning, then leave the cardio til after your workout.  If you can go to the gym later in the day, then do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, then workout later on.

When you're working out, keep the reps up and your rest periods short, you need to keep your heart rate up as much as possible.

With your diet, keep a check of roughly how many calories you take in each day, and if you haven't lost anything by the end of the week, reduce your intake by 100 calories per day, until you find the perfect level for your body.

AzN

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »
thx for the tips guys I will keep you guys updated on my progress

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 07:23:02 PM »
Wes steered you in the right direction. You can't lose weight by starvation and several small meals/day is the key. Otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat.

AzN

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 02:55:03 PM »
Since I've posted I've went from 230lb down to 222lb thx for the help guys it appears I've been lacking protein in my diet, and increased that by adding some beans and more tuna and the lbs started to go off.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
Pick up some whey protein as well and down a few shakes a day if you feel you can't get enough protein in solid meals.

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 07:37:05 AM »
You just started 2 months ago. Damn, give it time. ::)