Author Topic: how do my supplements look? overkill at all? your opinions please:  (Read 9106 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
here is what i am currently taking...do u guys think anything is overkill? anything youd change? what about the animal pak? waste of money? if so what would u advise?

-animal pak w/ breakfast
-fish oil/evening primrose oil
-whey protein isolate post workout and as a meal repleacment mixed w/ almond butter and oats
waxy maize w/ aminos post workout
creatine pre workout
n.o. product pre workout
glycerol supplement pre workout

thanks
w

suckmymuscle

Re: how do my supplements look? overkill at all? your opinions please:
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:13:03 PM »
here is what i am currently taking...do u guys think anything is overkill? anything youd change? what about the animal pak? waste of money? if so what would u advise?

-animal pak w/ breakfast
-fish oil/evening primrose oil
-whey protein isolate post workout and as a meal repleacment mixed w/ almond butter and oats
waxy maize w/ aminos post workout
creatine pre workout
n.o. product pre workout

thanks

Throw away the animal pack, fish oil and glycerol. They are pretty much worthless.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:38 PM »
  Throw away the animal pack, fish oil and glycerol. They are pretty much worthless.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
    :o    :o    :o    :o

your going to need to provide some detailed reasons for throing away the fish oil.

and among vitamins animal pack is the top of the line, although i would tend to agree that you can get sufficient vitamins from diet alone if your consuming enough fruits and vegetables.

glycerol can be a great supplement if used correctly.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:50 PM »
You’re probably paying a bit more $$ than you need to for the Animal multi’s. AST makes good ones for a bit less.

Quality Fish Oil is on my good side.

Whey, waxy and BCAA’s all get 5 stars.

Creatine and NO are optional. If you’re getting great results and have money left over, why not?

Why are you taking the glycerol?

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
You’re probably paying a bit more $$ than you need to for the Animal multi’s. AST makes good ones for a bit less.

Creatine and NO are optional. If you’re getting great results and have money left over, why not?

Vascularity I would imagine, shit is thick like honey.
I am a big baby

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »

taken pre workout with plenty of water it increases blood flow and pump like a motha fucka.

blood flow and pump = nutrient delivery and waste removal = better growth

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »

yeah im gonna stay on the creatine and no for another month then take a break
im trying controlled labs glycer grow-glycerol-everyone who used loved it and ive noticed my muscles stay a lot more full on it...the vasculairty is nuts-and i look leaner too-only thing i hate is how u have to drink so much water w/ it
Vascularity I would imagine, shit is thick like honey.
i actually put it dry in my mouth and swallow-doesnt mix well w/ water :o
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »

your going to need to provide some detailed reasons for throing away the fish oil.

Polynsaturated fats increase oxidative stress and the need for vitamin E. There are much more concentrated sources of essential fatty acids that won't do nearly as much harm to your body as fish oil. I can understand why you support people taking lots and lots of many different supplements, since you are in the business of selling them...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:57:15 PM »
  Polynsaturated fats increase oxidative stress and the need for vitamin E. There are much more concentrated sources of essential fatty acids that won't do nearly as much harm to your body as fish oil. I can understand why you support people taking lots and lots of many different supplements, since you are in the business of selling them...

SUCKMYMUSCLE
I dont sell supplements, unfortunately i only buy them for now. (maybe ill help sell em one day).

anyway fish oil is super healthy, the o3's dha and epa are some of the healthiest things one can put in their body. not only are they extremely healthy, but also a fantastic body composition supplement that increase BMR, protein synthesisi, lipolysis, and decrease cortisol and elevate testosterone and growth hormone.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 10:05:47 PM »
I dont sell supplements, unfortunately i only buy them for now. (maybe ill help sell em one day).

anyway fish oil is super healthy, the o3's dha and epa are some of the healthiest things one can put in their body. not only are they extremely healthy, but also a fantastic body composition supplement that increase BMR, protein synthesisi, lipolysis, and decrease cortisol and elevate testosterone and growth hormone.

I never disputed that decosoexaenoic acid and other ECAs are healthy. My point is that polynsaturated fats, like those found in fish oil, increase oxidative stress and the need for vitamin E, and that fish oil is not a particularly great source of them for the amount of polynsaturated fats you'll be putting in your body. There are better sources.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 10:09:36 PM »
do you mean you know of a better source of dha/epa than fish oil?

DylanPG

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
This is first time that I have ever heard someone say not to take fish oil...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 11:29:53 AM »

Udo from Udo's choice said it.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 12:30:35 PM »

Why would you take fish oil? It is a disgusting fat the Human body doesen't need anyway. Taking any polynsaturated fats is dangerous. Increased oxidative stress and need for vitamin E occur. Sure, decosoexapentaenoic acid is good for you, but by taking fish oil you'll be swalling  a lot of useless greese that is only good at damaging your body. I would much rather take a synthetic prescription version of DCEPA than swallow rancid fat that is highly atomically unstable and will damage my cells by stealing electrong from them.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
Udo from Udo's choice said it.

ya he has no vested interest ::)

the conversion of ALA into epa/dha is highly inefficient, supplementation has shown numerous benefits in studies. A staple in my supplement regimen, worrying about REDOX upregulation because of increased need of vitamin E is like saying dont workout because that to increases oxidative stress. Inflammation is the number one killer in the world, most pathologies are variants of inflammation, blockade of COX and formation of leukotrienes in an imperfect world is a very good idea, especially considering the average american diet.

Fish oil consumption does change the fatty acid composition of the lipid bilayer moving it from an AA dominant membrane, which may have some negatives, it may have negative effectis on TH immune polarization but at high doses and may cause some pro oxidation. However, with all that said i recommend it for vascular health, brain health and mood benefits, stress reduction and general inflammation control.

oh ya, using the computer reduces levels of gluthathione, pick your poisons.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 01:15:14 PM »

ya he has no vested interest ::)

the conversion of ALA into epa/dha is highly inefficient, supplementation has shown numerous benefits in studies. A staple in my supplement regimen, worrying about REDOX upregulation because of increased need of vitamin E is like saying dont workout because that to increases oxidative stress. Inflammation is the number one killer in the world, most pathologies are variants of inflammation, blockade of COX and formation of leukotrienes in an imperfect world is a very good idea, especially considering the average american diet.

Fish oil consumption does change the fatty acid composition of the lipid bilayer moving it from an AA dominant membrane, which may have some negatives, it may have negative effectis on TH immune polarization but at high doses and may cause some pro oxidation. However, with all that said i recommend it for vascular health, brain health and mood benefits, stress reduction and general inflammation control.

oh ya, using the computer reduces levels of gluthathione, pick your poisons.

I think his main argument was that practically all fish oil is contaminated and low quality. I wouldn't take his statements too seriously either, he sounds like a little bit of a whack job. He said e.g. that you have to eat everything raw or you literally kill yourself.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »
I think his main argument was that practically all fish oil is contaminated and low quality. I wouldn't take his statements too seriously either, he sounds like a little bit of a whack job. He said e.g. that you have to eat everything raw or you literally kill yourself.

consumer products tested 30-60 random fish oil supplements and know of them had any detectable levels of mercury, PCB's etc..

insane argument from udo, everything else is low quality buy my oil with shitty safflower in it and 06's which are replete in the diet today perhaps contributing to disease.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 03:33:44 AM »
I would only bother with the creatine and no drinks for two weeks on and say two weeks off. 

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 08:04:49 AM »

Is this the same as Vegetable Glycerine?  How much are you taking?  Timing?
i

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 12:16:06 PM »
a moderator that says dont take fish oil and dont take multivitamines. thats a first.
interesting.

Z

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 01:52:35 PM »
Is this the same as Vegetable Glycerine?  How much are you taking?  Timing?
Im doing 4 scoops pre workout...i take it dry and chase it with my creatine and N.O. and a piece of fruit 30 mins pre workout
w

io856

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 02:32:49 AM »
a moderator that says dont take fish oil and dont take multivitamines. thats a first.
interesting.

He is very spot on with most of his opinions.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 03:14:53 AM »
I don't take fish oil and since I quit the multivitamins, I actually feel better.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 05:55:25 AM »
He is very spot on with most of his opinions.

question is if he is about regardin fish oil and multi vitamines.

i doubt it.

Z

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »
I don't take fish oil and since I quit the multivitamins, I actually feel better.
try taking the fish oil. dont pussy foot around either, take a large amount. try to get 5 grams of dha and 5 grams of epa each day for two weeks. dont change anything else, keep it the only variable. come back in two weeks and tell me difference in bf %, total bodyweight, strength, skin tone, and mood.  :)