Author Topic: how long after i start weight training shold i add cardio and thai boxing  (Read 865 times)

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
someone told me if i tried to start all those activities at the same time id burn out quickly. my plan is to lose fat,gain muscle and learn to fight

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I think the thai boxing will be good cardio as well.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
someone told me if i tried to start all those activities at the same time id burn out quickly. my plan is to lose fat,gain muscle and learn to fight

The cardio you can start now, and it’ll probably help a great deal w/ your Muy Thai.

How active/athletic are you now?

You may want to give your body a good couple of months of weight training before introducing the Thai boxing, which will be an entire workout regimen in and of itself.

After a while - and depending on how serious you get into this - you may decide to shift the focus of your “gym” training all together in order to improve functional muscle and strength for the boxing.
There are vast differences in the way weightlifters train to enter a physique contest vs. something like MMA or kickboxing.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: how long after i start weight training shold i add cardio and thai boxing
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 02:33:18 AM »
if youre new to everything might wanna start out with thaiboxing as it includes some strength training plus cardio. if you after a while feel thats not enough either add cardio to increase fat loss or weight lifting to put on more muscle. if you add weight training might wanna skip the strength part in thai boxing. also dont put for example shoulder training in the gym the day before thai boxing or your shoulders will be too sore as your shoulders get a lot of work in thai, holding up your hands, holding up pads that people kick/punch etc
but at any rate, dont do them all at the same time, no need.
Z