Author Topic: Reagan + Reagan Chief of Staff endorses Obama  (Read 1649 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Reagan + Reagan Chief of Staff endorses Obama
« on: October 31, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
The son of Ronald Reagan is officially backing Barack Obama

November 1, 2008

Call it the final stake in the myth and destructive path of the Reagan era. On the evening of October 31, Ron Reagan -- son of the Gipper -- officially endorsed Barack Obama for President.

Reagan now has an evening program on Air America (and is quite good), and had withheld an "official endorsement," he said, because he figured that listeners knew by now where he stood. But you also sensed listening to him that he decided to make a clean break that began when he appeared at the Democratic Convention in 2004. He didn't endorse Kerry then; he spoke on behalf of sickle cell research.

I was there in Boston when he spoke in the convention center and the crowd didn't quite know how to react to the offspring of the Moses of the kooky right wing. Eventually, he received a warm but still restrained round of applause.

Since that time, Reagan -- as anyone who listens to his Air America program will learn -- has become a clear progressive, and if he had not formally endorsed Obama on Halloween Eve (on his radio show), you knew that he was going to vote for him.

But now it's on the record. The son of Ronald Reagan who bears his name is officially backing Barack Obama for President.

What goes round, comes round.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Re: Reagan endorses Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 08:47:28 PM »
Ron Reagan (as you're undoubtedly aware) is a notorious liberal who danced for many years in the Joffrey Ballet.  Ron was "outed" on the Larry King show in 1989 by the founder of ACT UP, but steadfastly denies the gay rumors to this day and indeed has been married to his wife for the past 27 or so years.

Ron has never agreed with his famous father's politics so it's no surprise that he's supporting Obama.

P.S.  Big deal.  But hey, it sounds sensational and is perfect fodder for your shit-stirring so why not go ahead and have some fun with it!

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:49:04 PM »
I'd be more concerned if it were MICHAEL REAGAN. It's no secret Ron Reagan Jr. is a non-believing Liberal. Nice try with the thread title though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:51:14 PM »
haha no shit Ron is a liberal.

thanks for the breaking news, though. I thought including the fact he works for Air America radio would be enough of a clue.

Luckily, you guys are on the case :)

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:53:21 PM »
haha no shit Ron is a liberal.

thanks for the breaking news, though. I thought including the fact he works for Air America radio would be enough of a clue.

Luckily, you guys are on the case :)

LOL......Bullshit Rob, the title of this thread invites spin.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 08:54:39 PM »
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 08:54:56 PM »
LOL......Bullshit Rob, the title of this thread invites spin.

i wanted to have a little fun with you guys.

we all seem so stressed, so close to the election.  

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 09:21:14 PM »
I'd be more concerned if it were MICHAEL REAGAN. It's no secret Ron Reagan Jr. is a non-believing Liberal. Nice try with the thread title though.

How about "Ronald Reagan's only (biological) son endorses Obama"

Micheal's adopted

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 09:35:41 PM »
Damn it, 240 and Coach. Now, I am sick of this. When are you two gonna throw down your fists and finally admit that you love each other?

Just do it now, because it's tearing everyone apart on these boards.
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 09:38:04 PM »
Damn it, 240 and Coach. Now, I am sick of this. When are you two gonna throw down your fists and finally admit that you love each other?

Just do it now, because it's tearing everyone apart on these boards.

In 1992, Coach was a Lib-loving Clinton voter.

At the time, i was a major republican, and voted republican my whole adult life - until 2008.

So we're just kinda figuring things out.

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »
In 1992, Coach was a Lib-loving Clinton voter.

Damn your annoying sometimes. Getting real old.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »
Damn your annoying sometimes. Getting real old.

Coach you have to be the most Annoying, moronic, idiotic, trax palin lookalike, racist, uninformed/uneducated, pawn for Rush and Hannity, mentally retarded pile of flaming dog terd if iv ever seen one...

People like you should be neutered so you can not contaminate the rest of the world...

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 10:25:12 PM »
Coach you have to be the most Annoying, moronic, idiotic, trax palin lookalike, racist, uninformed/uneducated, pawn for Rush and Hannity, mentally retarded pile of flaming dog terd if iv ever seen one...

People like you should be neutered so you can not contaminate the rest of the world...

You're jsut saying that.
G

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »
When republicans are "not endorsing" that just means they are not supporting McCain and do not wanna say it publicly.  Id be willing to bed 3/10 repubic Hair voters will be voting Obama

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 10:37:15 PM »
RONALD REGAN CHIEF OF STAFF ENDORSING OBAMA...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27465481#27480158

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »

No.........I refuse to have sex with you no matter how much you beg :-*

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 10:39:38 PM »
No.........I refuse to have sex with you no matter how much you beg :-*

Seriously, if Rush cleaned his dick, would you suck it?

The Coach

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 10:44:18 PM »
Seriously, if Rush cleaned his dick, would you suck it?

No.......thats why I'm voting Yes on 8.

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »

Thought so, you are a dirty cock sucker than?  :D :D :D :D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 02:00:18 AM »

sorry to break it to you, even if 8 passes, there will still be gays, there will still be gays in long term relationships in your neighborhood, and there will still be children of gay couples in your schools.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 02:14:20 AM »
Thought so, you are a dirty cock sucker than?  :D :D :D :D

Poor Coach, if brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow his nose.
C'mon Busted, stop picking on the mentally retarded. Its bad enough he'll be crying like a baby in 3 days
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 02:23:10 AM »
sorry to break it to you, even if 8 passes, there will still be gays, there will still be gays in long term relationships in your neighborhood, and there will still be children of gay couples in your schools.

Tim,

What happens if prop 8 passes. Does the issue then have to go to the US Supreme Court, or back to the Cali Supreme Court? I thought the Cali supreme court already decided gays had the ight to marry? How can a group of people (even if they turn out to be a majority) vote to deny other citizens a basic right under the law?
w

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 03:58:46 AM »
What happens if prop 8 passes. Does the issue then have to go to the US Supreme Court, or back to the Cali Supreme Court? I thought the Cali supreme court already decided gays had the right to marry? How can a group of people (even if they turn out to be a majority) vote to deny other citizens a basic right under the law?

by amending the constitution.   just think if the ballot initiative existed in 1948 when the California Supreme Court ruled whites could marry non-whites.   (Non-whites were already allowed to marry each other.)   How hard would have it been to convince the population to reinstate miscegenation laws?

If Prop 8 passes, gays will no longer be allowed to get marriage licenses.  it's not clear what happens to those already married, as a marriage is a legal contract, and it is debatable whether the ballot initiative can invalidate already existing legal contracts.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 07:47:02 AM »
by amending the constitution.   just think if the ballot initiative existed in 1948 when the California Supreme Court ruled whites could marry non-whites.   (Non-whites were already allowed to marry each other.)   How hard would have it been to convince the population to reinstate miscegenation laws?

If Prop 8 passes, gays will no longer be allowed to get marriage licenses.  it's not clear what happens to those already married, as a marriage is a legal contract, and it is debatable whether the ballot initiative can invalidate already existing legal contracts.

What I don't understand is how a mere ballot initiate can deprive citizens of their constitutional rights. ???  :-\
w