Author Topic: Capitvating Interview: Why you are all Slaves.  (Read 4218 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Capitvating Interview: Why you are all Slaves.
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:47:13 AM »

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Capitvating Interview: Why you are all Slaves.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:49:14 AM »

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:12:18 AM »
Sometimes I think hollywood is really right wing. Why else would they send out people who don't make all that much sense and are plain and simple condescending to the american people? One can agree with some of his points but for him to think he must "teach" people about such basic things is just delusional.

io856

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:17:52 AM »

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 03:17:22 AM »
what the hell is that nutjob talking about i fell asleep
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 03:28:49 AM »
Sometimes I think hollywood is really right wing. Why else would they send out people who don't make all that much sense and are plain and simple condescending to the american people? One can agree with some of his points but for him to think he must "teach" people about such basic things is just delusional.
uh...

Richard is a pretty hardcore liberal.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:34:27 AM »
Richard Dreyfuss currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. He also teaches at Oxford University and is a senior research Advisor/Fellow there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 03:40:03 AM »

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 03:46:38 AM »
I'm sure he means what he says but he comes across condescending IMO.
The point he makes in this (the first) interview is that people should think things through and not blindly trust the media.
And in the process he reduces religion to fundamentalism (once again), and wants it replaces by "the light" of enlightenment and loving the "America of ideas" (a bit of a vague, simple-minded idelogy, if you ask me).

I don't think that's exactly a revelation to the majority of the US people.

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 04:05:09 AM »
That's not a black man.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 04:08:56 AM »
Less is more. He needs to learn how to get his msg across in 60 seconds or less.
Z

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 04:41:08 AM »
Harrison Ford, drunk, threw Richard Dreyfus off a second story hotel balcony into the pool while filming American Graffiti because Dreyfus wanted everyone to stop partying and be quiet.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 05:19:44 AM »
He comes off as condescending because he is working under the illusion that he can somehow reach the low-IQ Republican sheeple.

This is why America is split blue/red: IQ

Slowly over the last 30 years the Republican party has become a stronghold of simplistic thinking... not because it intended to become a bastion of anti-intellectualism, but rather as a result of a dysgenic (Google it) evolutionary pressure (albeit an artificial one).

This has been brewing since the advent of agriculture: the clash of settled (passively dysgenic) versus nomadic (passively eugenic) cultures. In folklore this is alluded to as a conflict between wolves and bees; wolf reared children versus farmers; vikings versus wheat farmers; druids/pagans versus Christians etc etc.

It only bubbles over every once in a while (the Kurgans versus the Middle East; Greece verus Atlantis; Alexander of Macedon versus Persia/Asia; Rome versus the Goth barbarians; Genghis Khan and the Mogol Horde versus civilization; World War Two etc etc), but in the end it all boils down to one simple fact:
-modern humans are the result of the passively eugenic evolutionary pressure associated with small nomadic hunter/gatherer groups... urban agricultural societies are passively dysgenic, continuously eroding the evolutionary progress of human beings accrued during prehistory.

Eventually all stable societies are subdivided into fast-breeding dysgenic subclasses and intellectual eugenic upper classes.

America has reached this point.

Now we have intelligent thoughtful intellectuals such as Richard Dreyfuss, so far removed from the brutality of sub-90 IQ thinking that they are actually attempting to reach out to these mouth breathers using reason and logic...

The people he is speaking to don't understand his argument... all they know is Dreyfuss uses dem dere big words what dun makes him sound like a fag... I is votin for Jebus.

The Luke

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 05:22:24 AM »
Although I respect the guy for saying what he says, I am always wary of people who praise our country as the bestest country in the history of the earthly world.

Sometimes it is not good to say to ourselves that we are the best of the best. Sometimes it is good to hear other people's opinions.

And I think he makes various observations that are right off the bat wrong. I mean, the part that we are the first nation in 12,000 years to not treat its citizens as subdits is pure bullshit. This country was built by a bunch of rich white guys that decided that blacks were to be enslaved, women kept in the house, that American Indians wereto be reduced to 50,000 and put in reserves.

If that is enlightment then I rather shoot myself.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 05:22:39 AM »
I'm sure he means what he says but he comes across condescending IMO.
The point he makes in this (the first) interview is that people should think things through and not blindly trust the media.
And in the process he reduces religion to fundamentalism (once again), and wants it replaces by "the light" of enlightenment and loving the "America of ideas" (a bit of a vague, simple-minded idelogy, if you ask me).

I don't think that's exactly a revelation to the majority of the US people.

i think he's talking about america in the sense of the constitution - a document brimming with intelligence, true democracy, freedom, and justice for all. He is talking about how it has slowly been destroyed, and instead oif america being a country where dreams are possible for all, and all people have a say in goverment, they are fast becoming another old world institution where the same families, hold all the power and make all thedecisions, just like europe has been since time began. This was why America thrived in the first place, it was a place to leave behind prejudice, oppression and an unfair class system, and escape to a land where anything is possible for all.

america is not that place anymore  :'(

he is trying to make people aware of this - he's a smart man.

i bet he likes ron paul - another smart and great man.
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 05:36:30 AM »
i think he's talking about america in the sense of the constitution - a document brimming with intelligence, true democracy, freedom, and justice for all. He is talking about how it has slowly been destroyed, and instead oif america being a country where dreams are possible for all, and all people have a say in goverment, they are fast becoming another old world institution where the same families, hold all the power and make all thedecisions, just like europe has been since time began. This was why America thrived in the first place, it was a place to leave behind prejudice, oppression and an unfair class system, and escape to a land where anything is possible for all.

america is not that place anymore  :'(

he is trying to make people aware of this - he's a smart man.

i bet he likes ron paul - another smart and great man.

As I said, some of what he says is true. I just don't think it's a great revelation, he has to "teach" to people. Look at this thread alone. We are all people who are able to think for ourselves. This does not need to be "taught" to us by Mr. Dreyfuss. The problem with such an attitude is that it goes against the very points he's making. Some of what he says in this interview e.g. I strongly disagree with. In his mind, this would mean I am indoctrinated.

I also strongly disagree with the statement that he would only be rejected by idiots because they don't like his intellect. I e.g. don't think that religion can be replaced by the ideas (of the historic period) of enlightenment. I would rather say, I reject him because of his lack of intellect in this area.

I also think his comparison with Europe is flawed. If you compare the European history of Europe with the European history of the US (because that's what's usually meant by US history), the difference is not that big. Rather, Europe today is pretty much what he would like the US to be.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 05:37:04 AM »
He comes off as condescending because he is working under the illusion that he can somehow reach the low-IQ Republican sheeple

This is why America is split blue/red: IQ

Slowly over the last 30 years the Republican party has become a stronghold of simplistic thinking... not because it intended to become a bastion of anti-intellectualism, but rather as a result of a dysgenic (Google it) evolutionary pressure (albeit an artificial one).

This has been brewing since the advent of agriculture: the clash of settled (passively dysgenic) versus nomadic (passively eugenic) cultures. In folklore this is alluded to as a conflict between wolves and bees; wolf reared children versus farmers; vikings versus wheat farmers; druids/pagans versus Christians etc etc.

It only bubbles over every once in a while (the Kurgans versus the Middle East; Greece verus Atlantis; Alexander of Macedon versus Persia/Asia; Rome versus the Goth barbarians; Genghis Khan and the Mogol Horde versus civilization; World War Two etc etc), but in the end it all boils down to one simple fact:
-modern humans are the result of the passively eugenic evolutionary pressure associated with small nomadic hunter/gatherer groups... urban agricultural societies are passively dysgenic, continuously eroding the evolutionary progress of human beings accrued during prehistory.

Eventually all stable societies are subdivided into fast-breeding dysgenic subclasses and intellectual eugenic upper classes.

America has reached this point.

Now we have intelligent thoughtful intellectuals such as Richard Dreyfuss, so far removed from the brutality of sub-90 IQ thinking that they are actually attempting to reach out to these mouth breathers using reason and logic...

The people he is speaking to don't understand his argument... all they know is Dreyfuss uses dem dere big words what dun makes him sound like a fag... I is votin for Jebus.

The Luke
while i understand you post completely - i find it fascinating that you chose to write in a way that will specifically confuse many on here.

sheeple ? why not use sheep ? only a cock would add in two extra letters to a word - when they both mean the same thing.  ::)

you come across as trying to sound intellectually superior - and are only perpetuating this cycle of which you speak.

law is written a certain way to avoid Joe public doing things himself.

medicine is written for the same reason

physics, chemistry, etc etc

humans have the ability to learn, it is what has helped us become the prime species on this planet- if things are explained in a way anyone can understand, anyone will understand.

you should think about this, next time you think about making a post.

the panda.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 05:44:02 AM »

I also think his comparison with Europe is flawed. If you compare the European history of Europe with the European history of the US (because that's what's usually meant by US history), the difference is not that big. Rather, Europe today is pretty much what he would like the US to be.

you are wrong about this - europe today is turning into a dictatorship ( anti terror laws). So is america, ( patriot act etc)

the european union makes decisions for all regardless of who wants it or not.

look at what they are planning to do with vitamins - i.e. make them prescription only  ???

the army they wanted - that ireland voted against, has simply been put on the back burned untill they an either use some clause to allow irelamd to give soilders without a referendum, or put in a new prime minister who will put it through regardless of the peoples wishes.

wheres the democracy there ?

there are loads more, that i'm sure you know so i won't get into it all, but i'm sure you get my point.
175lbs by 31st July

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 05:46:15 AM »
Here's the problem: The constitution was never equally applied so people couldn't see how individual rights were being eroded until it was too late.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 05:50:34 AM »
Fatpanda,

I write the way I speak... I'm not smart, I'm European.

The very fact that you want me to dumb-it-down puts me in the same position Dreyfuss is in: attempting to explain complex issues while simultaneously walking the tightrope between condescension and verbosity.

What I was explaining can't really be understood by those you fear might be confused by my language.

To be honest, I doubt you yourself fully understood my point considering the irony of your comments (no offence intended).

The Luke

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 05:51:17 AM »
you are wrong about this - europe today is turning into a dictatorship ( anti terror laws). So is america, ( patriot act etc)

the european union makes decisions for all regardless of who wants it or not.

look at what they are planning to do with vitamins - i.e. make them prescription only  ???

the army they wanted - that ireland voted against, has simply been put on the back burned untill they an either use some clause to allow irelamd to give soilders without a referendum, or put in a new prime minister who will put it through regardless of the peoples wishes.

wheres the democracy there ?

there are loads more, that i'm sure you know so i won't get into it all, but i'm sure you get my point.

epic avoiding the main points of my post ;D

And come on, European countries are far from dictatorship (same as in the US, IMO). The European union is criticised constantly in all European countries. Nobody is called "Un-European" for that. If it was a dictatorship, critics would be thrown in jail or killed.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »
FANTASTIC post, TA.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 12:46:38 PM »
Fatpanda,

I write the way I speak... I'm not smart, I'm European.

The very fact that you want me to dumb-it-down puts me in the same position Dreyfuss is in: attempting to explain complex issues while simultaneously walking the tightrope between condescension and verbosity.

What I was explaining can't really be understood by those you fear might be confused by my language.

To be honest, I doubt you yourself fully understood my point considering the irony of your comments (no offence intended).

The Luke
::) ok einstein.

i'm european, and i do not talk like that  ::)

if you talk like you write you must have few friends, and if you do they must be very very boring.

I can assure you i understand what you are saying. However you are a hypocrite.

You insult Americans for not understanding what you or Dreyfus is trying to get across, yet you talk the same way. Who's to blame? Dreyfus and you for talking like you have a thesaurus up you ass ? or poeple who talk plainly, and expect the same.

Einstein once said something along the lines of "the true reflection of intelligence is not what you know, but how simple you can explain it."

I agree with him.

I could write in a way that would confuse you and most others on here with the exception or a few scots or irish, would that make you dumb? I think not.

Perhaps you should stop underestimating others itelligence and start underetimating your own.

You are is arrogant, not intelligent.

Hope this helps bawbag.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »
epic avoiding the main points of my post ;D

And come on, European countries are far from dictatorship (same as in the US, IMO). The European union is criticised constantly in all European countries. Nobody is called "Un-European" for that. If it was a dictatorship, critics would be thrown in jail or killed.

I agree he is unable to get his message across because of his manner, as you can see with my messages to luke, i do not like that manner at all - however i believe dreyfus has a good message to give.

However i didn't think he was calling people dumb, just that they were no longer being taught the basics, and that he felt people were forgetting why america became great in the first place.

Europe is not a dictatorship, however you cannot say the freedoms we have taken for granted for hundreds of years are not being taken away more and more.
175lbs by 31st July

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »
Fatpanda,

I think you missed my final summation line... I couldn't have put it any more plainly.

The Luke
PS- your spelling and grammar are atrocious.