Author Topic: Any of you turned your back on alcohol?  (Read 12124 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Any of you turned your back on alcohol?
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
I never post, but i just thought id share my experience.
 ive been pretty clean of alcohal for the last 4 months.  was drinking a 12 pack of naturl ice every night by myself, and then eating everything in sight right after. i got sick of that  life.  did that for about a year and a half. I was fat, and ifelt like crap every morning. I never thought i would be able to quit.  Then i prayed about it with some friends, and slowly but surely, started drinking less, maybe every other day.  then after awhile, every 4th day.  then once a week.  then every 2 weeks.  im at the poit now that when i drink, i dont get the same buzz that i used to when i drank daily.  and then the next day i feel like HELL and so jittery and irritable. its no longer fun like it used to be, and i like it that way.  will i drink in the future? sure, but only socially say at a party or something.  and i dont go to many of those , so im ok.  also,my gains in the gym have been fantastic, and i have REALLY leaned out BIG BIG time!!  now, my progress in the gym and my new look is my "addiction".
-C
good story and good for you.  I've never had an addiction to drinking, I loved beer and probably only drank on average a six pack in 2-3 weeks.  1 maybe 2 at a time then days before I had more.  But had a hard last year and started drinking way more and learned real fast how it could become a problem.  I got to drinking a 12 every other day and sometime days in a row.  How quick it becomes a problem... I'm now getting back toward my casual drinking and it is much better than it being the daily need, that sucked.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »
I never post, but i just thought id share my experience.
 ive been pretty clean of alcohal for the last 4 months.  was drinking a 12 pack of naturl ice every night by myself, and then eating everything in sight right after. i got sick of that  life.  did that for about a year and a half. I was fat, and ifelt like crap every morning. I never thought i would be able to quit.  Then i prayed about it with some friends, and slowly but surely, started drinking less, maybe every other day.  then after awhile, every 4th day.  then once a week.  then every 2 weeks.  im at the poit now that when i drink, i dont get the same buzz that i used to when i drank daily.  and then the next day i feel like HELL and so jittery and irritable. its no longer fun like it used to be, and i like it that way.  will i drink in the future? sure, but only socially say at a party or something.  and i dont go to many of those , so im ok.  also,my gains in the gym have been fantastic, and i have REALLY leaned out BIG BIG time!!  now, my progress in the gym and my new look is my "addiction".
-C
good job chris. keep it up.
175lbs by 31st July

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2008, 09:42:02 PM »
It seems those most dedicated to fitness have quit or severely limited their alcohol intake. Those who don't care are usually the biggest drinkers.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2008, 09:44:02 PM »
he posted a pic, he looks like a teen chipendale. thats when i started to believe he wasn't a gimick, because up till then i was giving him a hard time trying to find holes in his act  ;D
searched through his posts...

eh, not much like me, except he is white.  :-\  i was hoping for a twin.  ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2008, 09:47:17 PM »

that pose looks slightly gayish to me.

i think he was modelling or something.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »

he just pm'd me to say that was a fake picture, this is his real one:

175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »
then he DOES look like me  :o     ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »

He's definately alot bigger than you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »
I truly look at it like this...If you are a fcking asshole in the world and you do not drink or do drugs etc, then do the world a favor and start doing something...

If you are a drunk or do a lot of drugs and are an asshole in the world, then do the world a favor and sober the fuck up...

It truly is that easy...

By the way, I would hang out with people that smoke a ton of weed over people who can't leave the gym any day of the week...

Remember this...JESUS WAS A MUSHROOM...NOT A FUKING BARBELL...

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »
I truly look at it like this...If you are a fcking asshole in the world and you do not drink or do drugs etc, then do the world a favor and start doing something...

If you are a drunk or do a lot of drugs and are an asshole in the world, then do the world a favor and sober the fuck up...

It truly is that easy...

By the way, I would hang out with people that smoke a ton of weed over people who can't leave the gym any day of the week...

wasn't jesus the son of god who died for our sins ?
175lbs by 31st July

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2008, 10:00:31 PM »

It truly is that easy...

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2008, 10:13:37 PM »
wasn't jesus the son of god who died for our sins ?

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?  Until you can recognize the Ego in our fellow man, then and only then will you be able to see your own ego and step away from it...If it makes you feel any better, Santa Claus was also a mushroom...I hope your not going to follow with "wasn't he an old man that gives us all presents"  :-\

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?  Until you can recognize the Ego in our fellow man, then and only then will you be able to see your own ego and step away from it...If it makes you feel any better, Santa Claus was also a mushroom...I hope your not going to follow with "wasn't he an old man that gives us all presents"  :-\

well wasn't he ?

how far does the rabbit hole go ?
175lbs by 31st July

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2008, 10:25:42 PM »
well wasn't he ?

how far does the rabbit hole go ?

First question was jesus the son of god, and i will say to you that the creator of all things "we will call him GOD" did in fact create what you believe to be jesus...But I will say that jesus is code name for mushroom...And if it takes me 2 thousands years to get people to write about this and create there own theory or BIBLE if you will, then i shall do so we can disgust this at a later date.

2nd question, how far does the rabbit hole go? No fucking clue...But I can tell you that Santa Claus isn't passing out presents at the bottom...  

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »
First question was jesus the son of god, and i will say to you that the creator of all things "we will call him GOD" did in fact create what you believe to be jesus...But I will say that jesus is code name for mushroom...And if it takes me 2 thousands years to get people to write about this and create there own theory or BIBLE if you will, then i shall do so we can disgust this at a later date.

2nd question, how far does the rabbit hole go? No fucking clue...But I can tell you that Santa Claus isn't passing out presents at the bottom...  
Hi Johnny Falcon. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2008, 10:37:05 PM »
Hi Johnny Falcon. ::)

Haha, was gonna say the same thing. Anyway, the Scots and the Irish have it tough-there it is way harder not to drink, same with in nothern Sweden and Finland.  It's hard everywhere, but in those places it's REALLY hard.  Icelanders and Faroese aren't exactly doing great either.  I've travelled a lot and I've noticed that basically the darker the country is, the more it's people drink.  I just want to be away from all of it now.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »
  Haha, was gonna say the same thing. Anyway, the Scots and the Irish have it tough-there it is way harder not to drink, same with in nothern Sweden and Finland.  It's hard everywhere, but in those places it's REALLY hard.  Icelanders and Faroese aren't exactly doing great either.  I've travelled a lot and I've noticed that basically the darker the country is, the more it's people drink.  I just want to be away from all of it now.

Has there been a study done on why men do heavy drinking at a later age? I would render a guess that it is to get the fuk away from a bitchy woman almost all of the time...

Sara

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2008, 11:31:52 PM »
one on one with a girl, while a guy stands by waiting to get tagged in ? :D

I suppose that's a better fantasy.

hmontaq

• Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2008, 12:37:22 AM »
Never drank smoke or did drugs. Anyone that faults you for it is not a true friend. Straight and Alert!
Getbig =Reality Show

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2008, 12:41:35 AM »
Rehab is for quitters.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2008, 12:43:29 AM »
  Is that what you're doing with the exception of the alcohol?  Not judging, just wondering with the way you put it.

Did weed when i was younger, coke etc. but i stopped doing that. I'm on the sauce 2 times a year, nothing more. Sauce is better than anything.

Caveman

• Getbig II
  • Old-school is da shit
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2008, 01:14:44 AM »
I drink alcohol, I have no problems with it and I have no intentions to quit. I rarely get hammered.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone can juice and at the same time say they don't drink because it's unhealthy. The juicing is potentially much worse but it's worth it, right?  ???

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2008, 01:20:58 AM »
I drink alcohol, I have no problems with it and I have no intentions to quit. I rarely get hammered.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone can juice and at the same time say they don't drink because it's unhealthy. The juicing is potentially much worse but it's worth it, right?  ???

With juicing you at least have a goal. Juicing isn't a drug addiction, ok there are the dickheads that are too insecure or whatever to come off and act like fuckwits but not everyone is like that.

Plus watching so many people be complete fuckwits turns you off drinking. There are far more dickheads who drink than juice.

Caveman

• Getbig II
  • Old-school is da shit
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2008, 01:53:25 AM »
With juicing you at least have a goal. Juicing isn't a drug addiction, ok there are the dickheads that are too insecure or whatever to come off and act like fuckwits but not everyone is like that.

Plus watching so many people be complete fuckwits turns you off drinking. There are far more dickheads who drink than juice.
True, true. But what I was gunning at was the health issue with juicing. Alcohol isn't healthy but juicing is potentially worse.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2008, 03:50:48 AM »

Can someone link me to the video of that dude dancing in the street? I looked for it on YouTube but can't find it. I've been telling a couple of friends about it and they have no idea WTF i'm talking about.
The answer is "yes".