Author Topic: Civilian Security Force? WTF?!  (Read 6142 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Civilian Security Force? WTF?!
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »
What exactly does he mean by this?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Re: Civilian Security Force?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:47:58 PM »
What exactly does he mean by this?

Thanks, I've been meaning to bring that up too...  I mean come on, WTF??

Can you say "brownshirts," anyone??!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »

I'm not voting for McCain. He's not the man he used to be.

I'm not voting for Obama either and I've stated on this forum that I think he has a better moral compass but his statement on a civilian security force is unsettling to me.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:57:04 PM »
I'm not voting for McCain. He's not the man he used to be.

I'm not voting for Obama either and I've stated on this forum that I think he has a better moral compass but his statement on a civilian security force is unsettling to me.

I've said on here too--I'm not thrilled about McCain either...  I heard Ron Paul on Dave Ramsey's radio show one night, talking about the financial crisis and mortgage bailout...  I've gotta say I liked what I heard from him more than anyone else thus far.

But--and this will probably sound bad--I'll probably vote for McCain because Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, et al really don't stand a chance so I want the most bang for my voting buck.  And I didn't vote early so I'm not looking forward to Tuesday--it's gonna be a mob scene.

But back to your topic...  "unsettling" is the perfect word for Obama's proposition of a civilian security force...  my only question is, "WHY??!?"

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
I've said on here too--I'm not thrilled about McCain either...  I heard Ron Paul on Dave Ramsey's radio show one night, talking about the financial crisis and mortgage bailout...  I've gotta say I liked what I heard from him more than anyone else thus far.

But--and this will probably sound bad--I'll probably vote for McCain because Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, et al really don't stand a chance so I want the most bang for my voting buck.  And I didn't vote early so I'm not looking forward to Tuesday--it's gonna be a mob scene.

But back to your topic...  "unsettling" is the perfect word for Obama's proposition of a civilian security force...  my only question is, "WHY??!?"

That's what I want to know.

What exactly does he mean by that statement?

Any Obama supporters have information or an opinion on this?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »

Stupid, stupid post.
G

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Stupid, stupid post.

What do you think he means by a Civilian National Security Force?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Civilian Security Force? WTF?!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »
He's talking about the Peace Corps and other civilian corps.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »
He's talking about the Peace Corps and other civilian corps.

Correct me if I'm wrong...  but the Peace Corps and other civilian corps aren't armed, are they?

How could an unarmed "civilian national security force" do diddley-squat to keep the nation secure?

I ask again, WTH is he talking about??

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 04:03:21 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong...  but the Peace Corps and other civilian corps aren't armed, are they?

How could an unarmed "civilian national security force" do diddley-squat to keep the nation secure?

Not everything that falls under the term "national security" involves armed forces.  That's nothing new.  He was talking about groups like the peace corps and the actual criticism is that it's a big bill for the government to expand these corps.  That's all fact, I'm not making it up, he's not talking about armed civilian forces.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 04:03:34 PM »

He couldn't have been talking about the Peace Corps.  They are essentially missionaries.  

He was talking about an armed force.  I agree "unsettling" is the right word to describe his comments.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 04:58:45 PM »
He couldn't have been talking about the Peace Corps.  They are essentially missionaries.  

He was talking about an armed force.  I agree "unsettling" is the right word to describe his comments.  
no he wasn't  ::)  WTF give me a break you can be the most desperate person sometimes...  He went on to say, "We’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy,”  Isn't it enough that you have a valid thing to criticise when this shows he might be a big spending liberal, you have to twist it into some bullshit it's not?  I would think you would have more power in criticising the actual message and not making shit up ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »

Oh yea, BB, who's being the conspiracy theorist now ;)  Chicken Little right back at ya ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »
hugo,

You always believe whatever the TV tells you to.  You roll your eyes any time a person questions information put forth by those who benefit most politically from it.  You think the media follows some golden reponsibility to tell the truth.  You also think that while every other country on earth gets their hands dirty, we're above those kinds of things.

BB, on the other hand, has an open mind.  He knows that sometimes, bad people do things they want and they manipulate public perception to get their way.  You could learn a thing from him ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 05:05:31 PM »
no he wasn't  ::)  WTF give me a break you can be the most desperate person sometimes...  He went on to say, "We’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy,”  Isn't it enough that you have a valid thing to criticise when this shows he might be a big spending liberal, you have to twist it into some bullshit it's not?  I would think you would have more power in criticising the actual message and not making shit up ::)

Whatever.  ::)   Anyone listening to the clip can hear what the man said.    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
Oh yea, BB, who's being the conspiracy theorist now ;)  Chicken Little right back at ya ;D

When I start talking about faked moon landings, missiles hitting the Pentagon, the government secretly kidnapping and murdering Americans, and countries from around the world (including our own) plotting the mass murder of our people, then maybe we can talk about me being a CT nut.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »

Yawn.  Get your own clip and quit plagiarizing.  Personally, I like this one:

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »
 Obama could come out and say, "I'll kill the men, rape the women and eat the children.", and 99% of the Obamabots will interpret it as, "I'll lower taxes, improve education and secure the borders."

It's the same thing with Bidens speech. There was a ton of questionable stuff in there and blind supporters excused it as though he suggested they were going to have a bake sale or something.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »

and you never thought about seeing what else he said for context ::)  brilliant....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 05:18:30 PM »
When I start talking about faked moon landings, missiles hitting the Pentagon, the government secretly kidnapping and murdering Americans, and countries from around the world (including our own) plotting the mass murder of our people, then maybe we can talk about me being a CT nut.   :)

Right.  Accusing a US Senator of secretly planning a paramilitary police force to control Americans... perfectly normal!

it's going to be amusing to watch the neocons turn into CTers in the next year.  First Coach and the CLinton "body count", then this nonsense about Obama.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
Obama could come out and say, "I'll kill the men, rape the women and eat the children.", and 99% of the Obamabots will interpret it as, "I'll lower taxes, improve education and secure the borders."

It's the same thing with Bidens speech. There was a ton of questionable stuff in there and blind supporters excused it as though he suggested they were going to have a bake sale or something.

::)  Nice to know you think so low of me...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 05:23:13 PM »

lol.  Truth. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 05:32:45 PM »
Right.  Accusing a US Senator of secretly planning a paramilitary police force to control Americans... perfectly normal!

it's going to be amusing to watch the neocons turn into CTers in the next year.  First Coach and the CLinton "body count", then this nonsense about Obama.
oh they were bigtime CTr's during the Clinton years...  They were all over the conspiracy talk but we were just being crazy with out concerns of Bush lol..

Rightwing conspiracy vids of the 90's were like this:

the other parts here:
[ Invalid YouTube link ]&view=videos

Tune into any sunday Evangelical program, there is a good chance you'll be treated to several conspiracy theories...

but it's only a crazy CT if someone other than rightwingers do it :D

hypocrites!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 05:44:35 PM »

lol.  Try as you might to shed the CT nut label, you're still the nut who beleves we faked the moon landing.  lol . . .