Author Topic: Today's Polls, 11/3 (PM Edition)  (Read 2344 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Today's Polls, 11/3 (PM Edition)
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 01:55:33 AM »
Where are you from CQ?

Tiny, tiny island in the Caribbean....well a "territory" we are so small we aren't even recognized as a country >:(

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 01:59:54 AM »
Excuse my ignorance as I know very little of that region, but are you not glad to have the protection of the Us in that region?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 02:00:51 AM »
Where are you from CQ?

A little place called paradise.  {sigh}  ...I'm so jealous, I want to scream.  :'(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 02:06:54 AM »
Excuse my ignorance as I know very little of that region, but are you not glad to have the protection of the Us in that region?

I know you directed that question to CQ, but I can't help but to laugh out loud.

Were you asking her about being happy to have the protection of, or protection from the US?

Who the heck would want to invade them? Do you think the rest of the world operates like some countries?

The protection of the USA     pfff, ...what they need is a little protection FROM the USA.   :-\
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 02:17:08 AM »

Uhhh, no. "Protection" is the *last* thing we get from the US. :-\

USA is the *only* nation in modern history to ever use military force in us. Only one. Not even had any wars with each other. We had European nations invading us like 150 years ago, but in modern history only the USA has acted with force upon us.

United Nations and over 100 nations have condemned the USA for multiple acts of invading us, fact.

They twist it with the generic "bringing freedom" [we are all democratic apart from Cuba ::)] but common sense would say people don't like to be killed and why democratic free nations need "freedom" god knows, but it sells well to the US public. The fact that say an island may have a combined military force of 1,500, or even a force of 600 with *no* guns  has never stopped the US from bringing marines, navy, airforce here to "fight" us. :-\

Recently [was recently in news?] Venezuala and Russia had combined exercises in our waters. The last, and I do mean last, thing we think of the US military for is "protection". We have made moves since the last military action [1984] from the US againest us and forged alliances with the EU as well as South America to help protect us.

Some islands [he very poor ones] suck up to the US for aid. Rest of us do not.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 07:23:32 AM »
Hey Jag, you know the best thing about where CQ is from?? (perhaps besides the pretty girls and good weather)

Low taxes!!! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 07:24:58 AM »

Here's a tip: Never discover oil ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 08:41:49 AM »

USA is the *only* nation in modern history to ever use military force in us. Only one. Not even had any wars with each other. We had European nations invading us like 150 years ago, but in modern history only the USA has acted with force upon us.

United Nations and over 100 nations have condemned the USA for multiple acts of invading us, fact.

They twist it with the generic "bringing freedom" [we are all democratic apart from Cuba ::)] but common sense would say people don't like to be killed and why democratic free nations need "freedom" god knows, but it sells well to the US public. The fact that say an island may have a combined military force of 1,500, or even a force of 600 with *no* guns  has never stopped the US from bringing marines, navy, airforce here to "fight" us. :-\

Recently [was recently in news?] Venezuala and Russia had combined exercises in our waters. The last, and I do mean last, thing we think of the US military for is "protection". We have made moves since the last military action [1984] from the US againest us and forged alliances with the EU as well as South America to help protect us.

Some islands [he very poor ones] suck up to the US for aid. Rest of us do not.
\

So ur from Grenada......it was a good training event. U guys ought to get over it.
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2008, 09:01:27 AM »
Hey, at least we gave it back.

Be grateful.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2008, 09:07:04 AM »
There seems to be a double standard... No offense Hedge, but several of these guys don't have a problem with you posting on American politics but it's supposed to be taboo for Jag and Matt?  I'm a little lost at where they justify that....  Personally I have no problem with people from other countries commenting in our politics.  When we stop trying to influence the world through force and countless other means, I'll demand commentary on our politics be citizen only...  As I see it now, they have a legit interest in what happens in America.

I think Hedge is pretty objective on these boards.

MattT, on the other hand, is not.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »
\

So ur from Grenada......it was a good training event. U guys ought to get over it.

I'm not Grenadian actually, not like the US hasn't invaded quite a few islands here, Grenada is just more well known.

And people wonder why the US is not respected. The response to coming here, illegally invading us and KILLING US - it that we need to get over it. And at least you're honest, we know full well it was a training exercise.

And I hope no one thinks I am wrong, when I point out we *glory* in the fact that the invaders managed to kill like a dozen of themselves. Epic fail - invading a tiny nation with like 1,500 "soldiers" bringing your marines, navy and air force and still managing to kill themselves.

Here's a tip: Never discover oil ;)

It has been discovered recently. The timing co-incincided with Russians and Chavez military joining up in our waters. Also for the first time in our history we personally have armed our forces, first time weapons allowed in. We're aren't that stupid ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »
shit, if I ran a small country and we found oil, the first thing I'd do is burn/nuke/ruin it in some way.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
Yea, go ally with Russia and Chavez.

GREAT call.

See what ole' Kim Jong Ill and Admedijenadadafefe are doing these days.

This is like 'gettin back' at the big kid in the neighborhood for taking your lunch money 10 years ago by calling in the Hells Angles.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »
This crying about the US being an interventionist society really cracks me up. Every superpower is pretty much like this. Russia, China, England, etc. You do what you need to do to secure your country's place in the world.

Yes, we could stop intervening and watch China and Russia take over. Yes, that'd be grand.

The only reason we don't hear about all their atrocities is because they have this wonderful concept of censoring the media and only letting out what they want the rest of the world to see.

How do you, Comrade?  ::)

Hey dipshit Hugo, it is racist in MattT's case because the guy's from Canada, cannot name one of Obama's planned policies without consulting google, and is only worshipping the guy because he's black like him.

Oh wait, it's only racism when white people do it. My bad! Modus Operandi for coloreds!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2008, 09:40:21 AM »
Berzerker, you're a racist for even thinking that  :D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »
shit, if I ran a small country and we found oil, the first thing I'd do is burn/nuke/ruin it in some way.

Bearing in mind, one thing in our favour we are a "territory" not a country so technically our defense is the duty of our parent nation. Last time the US squeeked into my island and occupied us was in the throes of WWII, our European parent nation was a touch, uh, busy at that time. As of now, they maintain navy ships around our waters to protect all their territories here, plus we maintain relations Venezuala and Cuba and for what it worth [which is not much lol] we have combined forces of multiple islands, which is cheesy as hell, but whatever.

Should be fine, and as we are a peaceful, democratic, economically strong, never had a coup or anything of that kind it will be very hard to "sell" the "bringing freedom" line.

Yea, go ally with Russia and Chavez.

GREAT call.

See what ole' Kim Jong Ill and Admedijenadadafefe are doing these days..

They are *not* invading us, that we know. Never have.  In the end same as you all feel you have to protect yourselves, so do we. And of course, we have the fact that we can't, our entire population doesn't even number the amount of troops you have on one base. Even if we armed every man, woman and child, we're flat out doomed. Bane of a tiny place.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
This crying about the US being an interventionist society really cracks me up. Every superpower is pretty much like this. Russia, China, England, etc. You do what you need to do to secure your country's place in the world.

Suppose I said about 9/11 "Was a good training exercise for Al Queda and Americans need to get over it". [which I wouldn't] ppl would think I was wrong. Same difference of what was said to me. :-\

Killing, unprovoked attacks etc are all wrong. Anyone who truly feels superpowers have some right to go around killing folks but gets upset when their own people get killed has a huge double standard. Kill, but not be killed. Personally, I dislike it all, and wish peace was more prevalent worldwide asd alutruistic and improbable as that is. :-\

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »
Suppose I said about 9/11 "Was a good training exercise for Al Queda and Americans need to get over it". [which I wouldn't] ppl would think I was wrong. Same difference of what was said to me. :-\

Killing, unprovoked attacks etc are all wrong. Anyone who truly feels superpowers have some right to go around killing folks but gets upset when their own people get killed has a huge double standard. Kill, but not be killed. Personally, I dislike it all, and wish peace was more prevalent worldwide asd alutruistic and improbable as that is. :-\

I never said they have the right to do it, but castrating the USA for doing it and turning a blind eye to the fact that China, Russia and others do the same exact thing (the Russians being just as brutal as most terrorists) is what gets me. You and others act like the world will miraculously get better if the USA stopped intervening. Wrong, we would be replaced by China, Russia or someone else looking to extend their power gap.

I've never seen you once make a comment or post about Chechnya or Tibet or a multitude of other Russian/Chinese territories.

Berzerker, you're a racist for even thinking that  :D

Of course I am. Blacks can't be racist, just retarded.