Author Topic: Insider Kamali Story from Craig Richardson's Training Partner  (Read 22305 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Insider Kamali Story from Craig Richardson's Training Partner
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »
Hey Guys,
     I am here to clear something up.  It was posted here or printed in a magazine that backstage, after the announcements of the 2008 Atlantic City placements, Craig Richardson went up to King Kamali in disbelief and told him that he can't believe Kamali was not in the top 5.  The story even has Craig using the "f" word.  I am here to tell you that never happened. It just didn't. 
    Let the record be clear, that neither Craig nor I have ever had a bad encounter with King Kamali.
Harley

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
Re: Insider Kamali Story from Craig Richardson's Training Partner
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:31:06 PM »
So Kamali made it up? Why?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »
How is telling him he should've placed better a bad encounter?

It isn't.  I didn't want anyone to think that Craig dislikes King or anything of that sort. 

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
How is telling him he should've placed better a bad encounter?

I might think if someone is making shit up about me, that i must have pissed them off or something...Or what I believe is King fcking Kamali truly believes he is better then some people and can talk about them and they won't do shit...Either way, King is a douche bag any way you slice it...

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »
I made an edit to my post. I thought I read the original post wrong.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 09:46:01 PM »
Why doesn't Craig post here?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grenade

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »
It isn't.  I didn't want anyone to think that Craig dislikes King or anything of that sort. 

are you saying tamali is a lying asshole who makes up storys??? ??? a shitmouth full of lies ???

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »
Hey Guys,
     I am here to clear something up.  It was posted here or printed in a magazine

Neither are true. Also, magazine coverage would not be out yet anyway.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 01:52:21 AM »
So Kamali made it up? Why?

'Cause that's how King Kamali is.  ::)

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »

It is true coz i read it myself

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 02:06:36 AM »
Harley you got any stories about Tom Prince.

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 02:17:44 AM »
It is true coz i read it myself

6th place was and is an absolute joke. My God I can't tell you people how many people (My peers, expeditor's, pro figure girls, the MC, fans, and my fellow competitors came up to me and said this was just a fucking joke. Even some (a couple MD writers, FLEX writer, and a certain GURU) said that it was the wrong decision. I have two favorite parts of last night, one was when all the top 15 men finished their posing routines I was approached by the head expediter and was told: "to stick around because I was in the top 5"... So I did. And then 30 minutes later I was approached by the same guy and was told: "sorry King, I was wrong you did not make the top 5"?!?! What?? Are you fucking kidding me. Who gets the first call out and crushes and then does not make the top 5? Second was when I walked back to the dressing room (as EVERYONE was congratulating me and telling me to kick ass during the posedown) and I started putting my cloths back on and Darrem, Tracy Greenwood, Will Harris, JJ, and a couple of the Spanish IFBB competitors were looking at me like I had 6 heads and asked me why I'm getting dressed. I looked at them with a smile and said I did not make the top 5... OMG the looks on their faces I will never forget. NO ONE said a word and just looked at me in disbelief. I got dressed and as I was walking out Craig Richardson grabs me and says what the fuck am I doing, I have to be back on stage in a few minutes... Then like a lightning bolt he looks at me with that same crazy look and says: "you have got to be kidding me?"........................ .................. Folks, that was the cherry on top of the cake. Forget about the countless fans that were looking at me with confusion as I walked through the audience to find my family so I could get the fuck out of there. People, let's put the bullshit aside, let's put the ass kissing aside and let's stay real here. Did I deserve the win, no. Did I have myself 2nd, no. Did I have myself in the top 4, HELL YES! Jim was in utter and total shock and it took my father and brother in law to calm him down. All that work and suffering to get fucked like this. I will have ALOT MORE TO SAY in my MuscleMag column and my website and in interviews, believe me God I will not let this one go without a good old street fight, but, can we all say: HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I ROCKED THE HOUSE AND THEY CAN NEVER TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME! Here are some pics from MD Online and Flexonline... Enjoy!

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 02:22:31 AM »
Lol,

His meltdown post was all over this board and several others......and yes,, he mentioned Craig

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 02:29:23 AM »
And Btw,

kamali is not even in Craig's league.
Craig has something that Kamali will never have...
Aesthetics

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 02:42:24 AM »
I'm sure Kamali will read this thread and tell us his side of the story. Maybe in the heat of the moment, he confused Craig with someone else. ???

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 05:23:49 AM »
Guys,
     That was impressive how you found the quote and then posted pics of Kamali and Craig next to each other. 
     Perhaps King just made an unintentional mistake.  We all do that.  I just felt that I had an opportunity to set the record straight, at least from our point of view.
     The reason Craig doesn't post is that he is less adroit with a computer than even I.  Also, my work allows me to be close to a computer for longer periods of time so this method is much more productive.  I assure you that Craig agrees with everything I write about our training or his routine unless I mention otherwise or am giving my opinion on a specific guy's physique.
     One other reason that some of you might appreciate is that Craig is a much friendlier and nicer guy than I.  He certainly is more diplomatic (case in point when I almost got into a physical fight with Dorian Yates).  I cannot be harmed by anything I write nor do I care as much with regard to the brutal attacks.  Neither my potential livelihood nor reputation is jeopardized whereas, Craig could suffer the wrath of the "higher ups" should he divulge something deemed classified.
     I just wanted to set the record straight and again, Craig and I don't have any negative experiences with King Kamali.  He has always been polite and friendly to Craig.
Harley

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 05:27:13 AM »
Melvin sure looks good in that line up. Nice lines!

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 05:34:08 AM »
Of course Tamali made the whole thing up. After every show he has a list of people who he claims told him he should have placed higher. He does it after every single show. He's delusional. He recieved a gift in Atlantic City. Everyone knows that.

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 11:24:48 AM »
Guys,
     That was impressive how you found the quote and then posted pics of Kamali and Craig next to each other. 
     Perhaps King just made an unintentional mistake.  We all do that.  I just felt that I had an opportunity to set the record straight, at least from our point of view.
     The reason Craig doesn't post is that he is less adroit with a computer than even I.  Also, my work allows me to be close to a computer for longer periods of time so this method is much more productive.  I assure you that Craig agrees with everything I write about our training or his routine unless I mention otherwise or am giving my opinion on a specific guy's physique.
     One other reason that some of you might appreciate is that Craig is a much friendlier and nicer guy than I.  He certainly is more diplomatic (case in point when I almost got into a physical fight with Dorian Yates).  I cannot be harmed by anything I write nor do I care as much with regard to the brutal attacks.  Neither my potential livelihood nor reputation is jeopardized whereas, Craig could suffer the wrath of the "higher ups" should he divulge something deemed classified.
     I just wanted to set the record straight and again, Craig and I don't have any negative experiences with King Kamali.  He has always been polite and friendly to Craig.
Harley

You gotta spill the beans on when you almost fought Dorian Yates

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »
You gotta spill the beans on when you almost fought Dorian Yates

It doesn't appear that anyone else is interested in that story.  It is true and it happened not only in front of Craig, but also Dexter and Dennis James.  It was one of the few times I ever called out a guy to fight.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »
It doesn't appear that anyone else is interested in that story.  It is true and it happened not only in front of Craig, but also Dexter and Dennis James.  It was one of the few times I ever called out a guy to fight.

I for one am interested. What was the problem with Yates?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 12:16:58 PM »
tell us bro

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 12:39:05 PM »
I for one am interested. What was the problem with Yates?

Well, you want the truth, here it is.
     I believe the year was 2003 because we went into NYC to see Dexter the day before Craig was to compete in the Night of Champions.  It was his first time doing the show and Dex was going to check out his condition.  We met Dex, Dennis James and Stan McCrary at Dex's room where Dex checked out Craig and warned us that Victor Martinez was looking very dangerous.  I later ate a big plate of crow as I pronounced that Victor would only be allowed to carry Craig's trophy.  For those who don't know me, I like to talk more trash than Gary Payton but only with people who know I am joking and know that I too have thick skin.
     After leaving the room, a whole bunch of pros went to a diner down the block.  We all sat together and Dorian happened to be across from me to my left.  I engaged him in conversation as I had just finished reading Winston Churchill's "The Gathering Storm."  I told Dorian how much I enjoyed London and how much I admired Churchill.
     To my huge surprise, Dorian started denigrating Churchill and Prime Minister Tony Blair.  He then went on a tirade attacking President Bush and then America itself.  He said that America was a coward and a bully for invading Iraq.  He said that President Bush and the American society were stupid. 
     Craig immediately got nervous as he knew I wasn't going to sit back and not respond.  I asked Dorian if he had first, ever read any history, let alone Churchill's own words.  I reminded him that the same group of people he forever imprinted on his forearm were the ones who mercilessly bombed women and children living in London during WWll. 
     I then moved on and asked him if when he was paid by Weider the check was in dollars or pounds.  I brought up that virtually everyone who helped him was an American and most of his guest posings were due to American promotors or Americans with influence on overseas promoters.  I reminded him that although he really isn't a well-known person, the only people who kiss his ass are predominantly Americans.  I then also noted that all his success occured in America itself.
    At this time, Dex was laughing aloud and waiving his arms.  Dennis James was warning me not to start an argument with a guy so big.  Craig was pleading with me to stop and not let it escalate any further.
    Well, I let it.  I then asked Dorain if he thought the guy speaking to him now was an American coward.  Before he could answer, I said, "Why don't we go outside right now in front of all your friends and see if all Americans are cowards.  C'mon, I'm a small guy, show all your friends how tough you are and crush me right outside." 
    At this point, Dex tried to calm the situation.  Craig knew there was nothing he could do.  I apologized to Craig because I knew that Dorian still had some political clout and I didn't want Craig to suffer any damage.  I stood up, looked at Dorian, said to him, "well?" and then got up and walked out.
   It should be noted that I don't condone violence nor fighting without a legitimate reason.  My actions were immature.  I let my emotions get the better of me.  That is not how I was brought up.
   I am sure some of you will find a way to audit me and I welcome that as this was not intended to be some act of bravado, just a truthful recount of a sad situation with two people who should've acted better.
Harley

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 12:57:57 PM »
Well, you want the truth, here it is.
I believe the year was 2003 because we went into NYC to see Dexter the day before Craig was to compete in the Night of Champions.  It was his first time doing the show and Dex was going to check out his condition.  We met Dex, Dennis James and Stan McCrary at Dex's room where Dex checked out Craig and warned us that Victor Martinez was looking very dangerous.  I later ate a big plate of crow as I pronounced that Victor would only be allowed to carry Craig's trophy.  For those who don't know me, I like to talk more trash than Gary Payton.

How is Yates involved again?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 01:03:04 PM »
Don't be so hard on yourself Harley. :D
Was alcohol involved?