Author Topic: Obama campaign workers angry over unpaid wages  (Read 5588 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obama campaign workers angry over unpaid wages
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »
And that post might make some sense, if the election weren't over and HH6 hadn't made these stupid threads about a president who hasn't taken office yet. He sounded as if he was on the brink of madness during the campaign and he will probably have to be institutionalized before January 20th of next year.
how does it not make sense actually it makes more sense...obama will be the next president of the US and therefor will be under constant political scrutiny...Palin who was a candidate was not under political scrutiny but personal scrutiny by 240 and his amazing what 70+ threads in a single day...again Al you dont do much for discrediting the savior label that has been rightfully placed open obama you still havent given me one single fault you think that he has?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »
again Al you dont do much for discrediting the savior label that has been rightfully placed open obama

So, essentially, you are admitting that this is not how Obama supporters feel but how the right feels. Nice. And the ridiculous par tis that HH6's posts have no substance. He's just venting. He's like a mad man. The Palin posts may have seemed personal, but she was a complete unknown who  allowed NO access to the media. Throughout the entirety of the campaign she did a handful of interviews and  one impromptu press conference.

As for the faults question, I've never made any post close to calling him perfect. That's, once again, you projecting a false theory for your straw man argument.

But' I'll tell you what... give me a list of faults you found with McCain or Palin and I will give you a list of equal length in regards to Obama. And if you don't understand the very obvious purpose of this request, I will explain at the end of my response post.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 10:22:14 AM »
So, essentially, you are admitting that this is not how Obama supporters feel but how the right feels. Nice. And the ridiculous par tis that HH6's posts have no substance. He's just venting. He's like a mad man. The Palin posts may have seemed personal, but she was a complete unknown who  allowed NO access to the media. Throughout the entirety of the campaign she did a handful of interviews and  one impromptu press conference.

As for the faults question, I've never made any post close to calling him perfect. That's, once again, you projecting a false theory for your straw man argument.

But' I'll tell you what... give me a list of faults you found with McCain or Palin and I will give you a list of equal length in regards to Obama. And if you don't understand the very obvious purpose of this request, I will explain at the end of my response post.
LOL no you see its an observation bro what is god to you for most he is an infalliable being beyond the scope of reach and incapable of wrong. Again most obama supporters on here will not admit his faults and will defend every criticism of his even when they are in the wrong and know that they are in the wrong.

As for mccain and palin ive said many times on here that i didnt like mccain as a presidential pick i liked romney and as for palin as far as personal life goes i think she is a great person but for a vp pick no i dont think she was the best choice.

As for you request since I asked you first lets hear your answers first and then Ill elaborate on mine.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »
LOL no you see its an observation bro what is god to you for most he is an infalliable being beyond the scope of reach and incapable of wrong. Again most obama supporters on here will not admit his faults and will defend every criticism of his even when they are in the wrong and know that they are in the wrong.

As for mccain and palin ive said many times on here that i didnt like mccain as a presidential pick i liked romney and as for palin as far as personal life goes i think she is a great person but for a vp pick no i dont think she was the best choice.

As for you request since I asked you first lets hear your answers first and then Ill elaborate on mine.

No. You first. I don't think you actually have any.

Which is my point. I actually have a long list of stuff I found problematic about Obama at one point, but generally I didn't focus on negatives. Most voters don't really do that, especially if they are happy with the candidate. I doubt you have a well reasoned list of things you didliked about McCain. If  it turns out you do, then I will admit I was wrong and post mine.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »
LOL dont worry your buddy 240 has everybody beat with his palinfest 08 threads...your message would carry more weight if you didnt defend just your savior and overlook what others on this board did to palin and mccain.

Im not talkin about beach and coach in this...im talkin about hh and his personal vendetta against obama and how it manifested itself on the getbig board...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »
No. You first. I don't think you actually have any.
LOL what inkling of doubt have i given you to not find fault with mccain or palin? you have defended obama at every turn on every subject but for the sake of showing your own faults ill play along.

McCain
No respect, he gave obama literally no respect during the debates now this could be taken many ways but to me is was petty
Tax cuts, he and for that matter obama will HAVE to raise taxes on just about everybody sooner or later and i think that him not saying this was shitty and pandering
LOL pandering, he pandered to the religious base imho and that is not imho the way this party need to go I understand looking out for the base but not pandering to it.
Palin. for the love of shit man if he had picked Romney he probably would have won.
Foreign affairs, while im not in favor of no restriction meetings like obama Im not in favor of complete isolation either.

Palin
obvious move to pander to the base and grab votes
obvious lack of experience now I understand that yes she has executive experience but its akin to moving from coaching a high school football team to coaching a NFL team while your duties are similar the situation is completely different
Religion, while I agree that religion is a personal choice when it affects the lives of others its no longer personal...im staunchly pro life in my personal life but believe that others should have the right to choose although i can go on for hours about this and i would never actually vote pro choice.
Lack of knowledge, some of the things that she didnt know or didnt have enough knowledge on where apprehensible.

just to name a few i can give you more if you want

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »

Im not talkin about beach and coach in this...im talkin about hh and his personal vendetta against obama and how it manifested itself on the getbig board...
thats what im saying...you say things here but not when 240 started 70+ threads about palin in what 24 hours?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 10:46:43 AM »
Go browns!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »
you have defended obama at every turn on every subject but for the sake of showing

No, I haven't. Once again, you're projecting. I  have been a member here for years, but only started reading this board again within the last two months. The posts in which I "defended Obama" primarily focused on misconceptions concerning ACORN and misinterpretaions concerning his policies. The only times I actually defended him were when verifiable lies were posted.

As for his faults:
1. He's eloquent- probably our most eloquent modern president-but he is prone to missteps. When it comes to facts and statistics, his ability to speak extemporaneously seems limited. I think the " spread the wealth around " thing is overblown and misinterpreted, but it is one example of what I mean.

2. Early on in the campaign he seemed to be falling into the trap of making the campaign about race. I think the fact that he dropped this tack helped him immensely.

3.I think he should have rejected campaign help from Jay-Z and Diddy. I am a big Jay Z fan,and I understand it was a ploy to reach the youth vote, but still...

There are more, but for the most part, I think he's a good man, ad good candidate and I overlooked most of it in light of the bigger picture.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 11:02:53 AM »
Why is there no hole in the barrel?

I guess because HH6 didn't "count" on it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 11:03:50 AM »
No, I haven't. Once again, you're projecting. I  have been a member here for years, but only started reading this board again within the last two months. The posts in which I "defended Obama" primarily focused on misconceptions concerning ACORN and misinterpretaions concerning his policies. The only times I actually defended him were when verifiable lies were posted.

As for his faults:
1. He's eloquent- probably our most eloquent modern president-but he is prone to missteps. When it comes to facts and statistics, his ability to speak extemporaneously seems limited. I think the " spread the wealth around " thing is overblown and misinterpreted, but it is one example of what I mean.

2. Early on in the campaign he seemed to be falling into the trap of making the campaign about race. I think the fact that he dropped this tack helped him immensely.

3.I think he should have rejected campaign help from Jay-Z and Diddy. I am a big Jay Z fan,and I understand it was a ploy to reach the youth vote, but still...

There are more, but for the most part, I think he's a good man, ad good candidate and I overlooked most of it in light of the bigger picture.
LOL these are his faults? these are HIS FAULTS? LOL again you arent doing much for discrediting the misconception what about sitting in a church with a racist hate monger for 20 yrs? How about giving tax breaks to ppl who dont pay taxes? how about his definition of wealthy that seems to be getting lower and lower? LOL these are the faults you choose to announce...lol ya your right hes not your savior  ::)

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
That's not fair.

Why not......you libs blamed everything on Bush.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2008, 11:11:01 AM »
LOL these are his faults? these are HIS FAULTS? LOL again you arent doing much for discrediting the misconception what about sitting in a church with a racist hate monger for 20 yrs? How about giving tax breaks to ppl who dont pay taxes? how about his definition of wealthy that seems to be getting lower and lower? LOL these are the faults you choose to announce...lol ya your right hes not your savior  ::)

LOL...  Don't be too hard on Al--he can't help it, he's just a natural optimist and dares to have the audacity of hope. ;D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2008, 11:16:17 AM »
How about giving tax breaks to ppl who dont pay taxes? how about his definition of wealthy that seems to be getting lower and lower? LOL these are the faults you choose to announce...lol ya your right hes not your savior  

You don't understand the issues your talking about  which goes along way in explaining your misperception of .

Every working person pays taxes. Payroll taxes and annual taxes are all taxes. We've been through this over and over. If you choose to remain ignorant, I can't help ya.

His definition of wealthy has not changed in regards to taxes.

You did not vote for Obama- I did.  Obviously we view his policies differently.
Because I view most of his policy as pretty sound, doesvnot mean I regard him as a messiah. What you are saying doesn't even make sense. Please cease with the "savior" foolishness.You're way more committed to it than any one who voted for Obama.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
LOL...  Don't be too hard on Al--he can't help it, he's just a natural optimist and dares to have the audacity of hope. ;D

I may not be savvy enough to detect Sarah Palin's unheralded brilliance through the
prism of Katie Couric's evil jew-liberal media trickery as you can, but I am generally pretty observant and level headed.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 12:03:34 PM »
Why not......you libs blamed everything on Bush.
Bush was to blame...Iraq, torture, spying, bungled fiscal policies, Katrina....

It was only Bush that ordered the invasion.  It was Bush/Cheney policy to torture.  It was Bush policy to spy.

Somehow in your world, the presidency is a game of gotcha prone to any white house occupant.

I thought you rightwingers paid lip service to 'personal responsibility?'

You don't practice responsibility, but you guys sure as hell talk a good game.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »
You don't understand the issues your talking about  which goes along way in explaining your misperception of .

Every working person pays taxes. Payroll taxes and annual taxes are all taxes. We've been through this over and over. If you choose to remain ignorant, I can't help ya.
His definition of wealthy has not changed in regards to taxes.

You did not vote for Obama- I did.  Obviously we view his policies differently.
Because I view most of his policy as pretty sound, doesvnot mean I regard him as a messiah. What you are saying doesn't even make sense. Please cease with the "savior" foolishness.You're way more committed to it than any one who voted for Obama.
oh no no no bro you cant have it both ways i see what your saying but with that logic he shouldnt be able to say that he will cut taxes for 95% of the american ppl but not take into account capital gains tax...you cant have your cake and eat it to and omitions are shit and ways of dooping ppl and guess what it worked.

hes definition has changed many times it was 1million then 500,000 now 250,000 and according to biden which the obama campaign never commented on its 150,000.
Ill stop when you give me reason to and as of right now you have again defended him at every turn.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »
oh no no no bro you cant have it both ways i see what your saying but with that logic he shouldnt be able to say that he will cut taxes for 95% of the american ppl but not take into account capital gains tax...you cant have your cake and eat it to and omitions are shit and ways of dooping ppl and guess what it worked.

hes definition has changed many times it was 1million then 500,000 now 250,000 and according to biden which the obama campaign never commented on its 150,000.
Ill stop when you give me reason to and as of right now you have again defended him at every turn.

No.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 12:27:37 PM »
No.
HELL YA  ::)
you dont agree that his omissions are shit?
or that he was a dumb ass and spineless for sitting in a racist hate mongering church for 20 yrs b/c he didnt want to lose support in his district?
Or that his tax policies are shit and will never get put in place the way he sold them to the american public?

but his faults are he is good at rhetoric, played the race card, and that he used jay z and pdiddy to help his campaign  ::) LOL ya your right you have real problems with this guy  ::) like i said you have done absolutely nothing to discredit his status as savior to the lefties. Now i will say i respect you more than most on here for even engaging in this discussion but your wrong and plz tell me how i was wrong with my misconceptions about his policy?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:58 PM »
HELL YA  ::)
you dont agree that his omissions are shit?
or that he was a dumb ass and spineless for sitting in a racist hate mongering church for 20 yrs b/c he didnt want to lose support in his district?
Or that his tax policies are shit and will never get put in place the way he sold them to the american public?

but his faults are he is good at rhetoric, played the race card, and that he used jay z and pdiddy to help his campaign  ::) LOL ya your right you have real problems with this guy  ::) like i said you have done absolutely nothing to discredit his status as savior to the lefties. Now i will say i respect you more than most on here for even engaging in this discussion but your wrong and plz tell me how i was wrong with my misconceptions about his policy?

I never said I have real problems with him. I agree with the majority of his policies and believe he will be an infinitely better president than our current. You initially stated that I must believe he's my saviour because I couldn't list one single fault he had. Now, you are claiming that I must believe he's my saviour because I don't disagree with his policies as strongly as you do? Newsflash: I VOTED FOR HIM! Of course I support most of his policies. The faults you listed range from inaccurate to irrelevant.

As for your misconception of his policies, I partially addressed them in this thread and we have hashed them over for weeks. None of it is that complicated. I can only hazard a guess as to wy you choose to misunderstand them.

There are multiple threads on the payroll tax/income tax debate. It is simple as a pie.

Obama never redefined the definition of wealthy in regards to tax cuts. The 250,000 mark was set by Bush. Obama's tax plan actually just expedites the expiration date of a temporary tax cut that was enacted during Bush's first term. The number has always stayed the same.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 01:03:24 PM »
I never said I have real problems with him. I agree with the majority of his policies and believe he will be an infinitely better president than our current. You initially stated that I must believe he's my saviour because I couldn't list one single fault he had. Now, you are claiming that I must believe he's my saviour because I don't disagree with his policies as strongly as you do? Newsflash: I VOTED FOR HIM! Of course I support most of his policies. The faults you listed range from inaccurate to irrelevant.

As for your misconception of his policies, I partially addressed them in this thread and we have hashed them over for weeks. None of it is that complicated. I can only hazard a guess as to wy you choose to misunderstand them.

There are multiple threads on the payroll tax/income tax debate. It is simple as a pie.

Obama never redefined the definition of wealthy in regards to tax cuts. The 250,000 mark was set by Bush. Obama's tax plan actually just expedites the expiration date of a temporary tax cut that was enacted during Bush's first term. The number has always stayed the same.
First off the "faults" and yes ill use the quotations since they arent real faults you mentioned are shit and you know it. nobodies policies are perfect and the fact that you refuse to igknowledge even one flaw in his policies proves the point.

Second again i understand where you are coming from on his tax policies but you assert something that was left out to help him in one instance and leave out something that will hurt his assertion in another instance again refusing to see his flaws.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 01:22:57 PM »
First off the "faults" and yes ill use the quotations since they arent real faults you mentioned are shit and you know it. nobodies policies are perfect and the fact that you refuse to igknowledge even one flaw in his policies proves the point.

Second again i understand where you are coming from on his tax policies but you assert something that was left out to help him in one instance and leave out something that will hurt his assertion in another instance again refusing to see his flaws.

You are changing your argument. You've gone from  "you can't find any faults, therefore you're a sheeple" to :"you don't see the same faults I do, therfore you're a sheeple"

I'll admit, his definition  of wealth changed. Biden was actually reprimanded for his deviation, from what I recall. I don't think it's that big of a deal for a campaign to tweak it's message. The biggest deviation seemed to be from 97,000 to 250,000.   Contrary to your earlier post, according to that video, he  consistently RAISED the minimum definition  of wealth. There was no mention of $500,000 or  1 million.

As for the payroll taxes, it couldn't be simpler. What do you think a tax refund is?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »
You are changing your argument. You've gone from  "you can't find any faults, therefore you're a sheeple" to :"you don't see the same faults I do, therfore you're a sheeple"

I'll admit, his definition  of wealth changed. Biden was actually reprimanded for his deviation, from what I recall. I don't think it's that big of a deal for a campaign to tweak it's message. The biggest deviation seemed to be from 97,000 to 250,000.   Contrary to your earlier post, according to that video, he  consistently RAISED the minimum definition  of wealth. There was no mention of $500,000 or  1 million.

As for the payroll taxes, it couldn't be simpler. What do you think a tax refund is?
Maybe i should have been more clear what faults do you find in his policies?
LOL you really think what you posted are faults? you really dont find any faults in his policies not one? again im not saying you are wrong about your stance on his payroll tax what im saying is you are filling in things he left out on that subject and leaving things out that he intentionally left out when it comes to capital gains tax and him cutting taxes for 95% of all working americans.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
Maybe i should have been more clear what faults do you find in his policies?
LOL you really think what you posted are faults? you really dont find any faults in his policies not one? again im not saying you are wrong about your stance on his payroll tax what im saying is you are filling in things he left out on that subject and leaving things out that he intentionally left out when it comes to capital gains tax and him cutting taxes for 95% of all working americans.

Hey, I don't expect a  candidate to share my viewpoints down to the letter. I don't think the majority of voters feel that way. i would assume that most have a few important issues and their interest levels on the others range from "casual indifference" to "rat's ass".  I agreed with his stance on the war, I don't believe in trickle down economics, so I preferred his tax plan to McCain's and the thing he won me over with is his belief in stronger regulation for corporations. I also liked his energy policy. Beyond that, I really don't have strong opinions on his platform. I don't think the majority of Amaricans concern themselves with issues they don't have an interest in. Of what I've read of his platform, there is nothing that I am dramatically opposed to.  That does not mean I believe his the next Messiah. If you believe this means I am brainwashed, then I suppose I will just have to live with that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2008, 02:48:13 PM »
Hey, I don't expect a  candidate to share my viewpoints down to the letter. I don't think the majority of voters feel that way. i would assume that most have a few important issues and their interest levels on the others range from "casual indifference" to "rat's ass".  I agreed with his stance on the war, I don't believe in trickle down economics, so I preferred his tax plan to McCain's and the thing he won me over with is his belief in stronger regulation for corporations. I also liked his energy policy. Beyond that, I really don't have strong opinions on his platform. I don't think the majority of Amaricans concern themselves with issues they don't have an interest in. Of what I've read of his platform, there is nothing that I am dramatically opposed to.  That does not mean I believe his the next Messiah. If you believe this means I am brainwashed, then I suppose I will just have to live with that.
im not trying to be a dick here im really not but when asked why i say that he is ppls savior i replied b/c ppl fail to see any faults and defend him at every turn. Again you dont see anything wrong with his policies not one? his faults as you see it are he is good a rhetoric, played the race card and used celebrities to help his campaign LOL lets be honest and say that these are very superficial and if you dont know of any faults in his policies or person and you voted for this person then im sorry to say you are a misinformed voter.