Author Topic: Alaska Senator Sarah Palin  (Read 2376 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Alaska Senator Sarah Palin
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »
Yeah, on the face of it, it's an innocuous question but when that camera is in your face and you're acutely aware that the the entire nation will be watching your every facial expression, listening and scrutinizing your every word, you're thinking about every word that's coming out of your mouth and it's easy to choke in a situation like that if you're inexperienced in that type of setting.

I'm just sayin...  Do I think she was ready to be VP?  Probably not.  But I think she does have the smarts and the right attitude and could be groomed for the job with a few more years of experience under her belt.  Maybe if she does get elected to the Senate, she'll get some more experience and have the poise and polish that we expect from our leaders in this style-over-substance era.  Although the flipside of that is, as Lurker mentioned--she'll lose the "Washington outsider" image that was one of her selling points this year.

i agree she would have been ready in 2-3 years.  But I think Romney, Pawlenty, Huck, Biden, Obama, mccain, and Clinton would have been ready immediately.  With mccain's health concerns, his back-up needed to be a Pro.  Palin has potential, but she wasn't a cold professional.

I disagree about the 'freezing up for the camera'.
She was a newscaster and spoke live for thousands of viewers every evening.  She did lots of TV while running for governor.  She reportedly declined prep for that Couric interview - she thought she was ready.  It's not just that question - it was her being flustered that bothered me.  Both Couric and Gibson rattled her.  They both stumped her.  If Obama or Mccain didn't know what the Bush doctrine was, they would have asked Gibson to explain it.  Palin defended it, THEN coudln't define it.

She was a talented bullshit artist IMO.  QUITE confident but spent those years raising a family at home - while her peers were getting their political polish.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 05:35:06 PM »
I'd love to see her be a stand in for the Belladona bat video...
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 06:04:10 PM »
Hate to be crass but one must look at finances at logistics.

Senator is only like what - $160k a year? Pretty hard to support her 4 minor kids, and the grandkid partially which she will have to as the teen has no job I assume.

She was charging Alaska taxpayers for nights spent in her own home and things like that which pumped up her income. I assume [?] that Washington is more expensive to reside in then Alaska. She can't very well commute that distance with 4 minor kids, so I assume she would have to move. Kids would need private schooling I assume [?]. Todd seems not exactly to be a CEO type guy, so unless he gets a job based on his wife being a senator I don't see his earning power at that high in DC. Their present additional income from fishing my be interrupted with a move. She obviously isn't too wealthy, or else she wouldn't have bilked the GOP for clothes for her and her family I assume.

Just the logistics seem not to be in her favour.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »
i agree she would have been ready in 2-3 years.  But I think Romney, Pawlenty, Huck, Biden, Obama, mccain, and Clinton would have been ready immediately.  With mccain's health concerns, his back-up needed to be a Pro.  Palin has potential, but she wasn't a cold professional.

I disagree about the 'freezing up for the camera'.
She was a newscaster and spoke live for thousands of viewers every evening.  She did lots of TV while running for governor.  She reportedly declined prep for that Couric interview - she thought she was ready.  It's not just that question - it was her being flustered that bothered me.  Both Couric and Gibson rattled her.  They both stumped her.  If Obama or Mccain didn't know what the Bush doctrine was, they would have asked Gibson to explain it.  Palin defended it, THEN coudln't define it.

She was a talented bullshit artist IMO.  QUITE confident but spent those years raising a family at home - while her peers were getting their political polish.

You do make some good points...  and I'd forgotten she had quite a bit of previous TV experience.  So possibly there are some prima donna issues going on there, vis-a-vis the refusal to prep for a big national interview...  and this is just me but she strikes me as the type that likes to run shit, in the governor's office, at home, wherever...  which isn't necessarily a bad thing since by nature, most politicians are that way anyway.

Oh and also, you're right, she's no Mitt Romney, just for example.  She could use a few years of polishing and grooming and then maybe we'll see.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
You do make some good points...  and I'd forgotten she had quite a bit of previous TV experience.  So possibly there are some prima donna issues going on there, vis-a-vis the refusal to prep for a big national interview...  and this is just me but she strikes me as the type that likes to run shit, in the governor's office, at home, wherever...  which isn't necessarily a bad thing since by nature, most politicians are that way anyway.

Oh and also, you're right, she's no Mitt Romney, just for example.  She could use a few years of polishing and grooming and then maybe we'll see.

Knob polishing. :)

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »
Knob polishing. :)

Hahaha, you got that right...  "I got your pork barrel, right here...  now get to work!!!" >:(

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »

Hey...  is it wrong to hope for the first-ever PILF?

A guy can dream!!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA