Author Topic: Fears of Democrat crackdown lead to gun sales boom  (Read 6586 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Fears of Democrat crackdown lead to gun sales boom
« on: November 07, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »
 ::)  looks like what I said yesterday is true...  guys like Glenn Beck were screaming, buy all the guns you can, stock up, dig a bunker!!!

MIDLOTHIAN, Va. – When 10-year-old Austin Smith heard Barack Obama had been elected president, he had one question: Does this mean I won't get a new gun for Christmas?

That brought his mother, the camouflage-clad Rachel Smith, to Bob Moates Sports Shop on Thursday, where she was picking out that special 20-gauge shotgun — one of at least five weapons she plans to buy before Obama takes office in January.

Like Smith, gun enthusiasts nationwide are stocking up on firearms out of fears that the combination of an Obama administration and a Democrat-dominated Congress will result in tough new gun laws.

"I think they're going to really try to crack down on guns and make it harder for people to try to purchase them," said Smith, 32, who taught all five of her children — ages 4 to 10 — to shoot because the family relies on game for food.

cont... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081108/ap_on_re_us/obama_gun_sales

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Fears of Democrat crackdown lead to gun sales boom
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 11:23:29 PM »
In reality, you know what the biggest anti-gun group is in this country?  Law enforcement...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
I'm starting to see the benefits of being a rightwing talk show host.

buy stock in industry X, hit the on air panic button and cash in.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »
I haven't heard Obama chime in too much on the guns, but it seems to me that no one needs automatic or semi automatic assault rifles.  If you can't kill a fucking deer with a pea shooter, you need more help than a gun can provide.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »
I'm not sure where i stand on that.  If someone is hellbent on killing many, an assault rifle ban won't stop them.  I dunno... 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 03:24:01 PM »
I haven't heard Obama chime in too much on the guns, but it seems to me that no one needs automatic or semi automatic assault rifles.  If you can't kill a fucking deer with a pea shooter, you need more help than a gun can provide.
How about if you want to actually take down big game?  What if you just want to learn how to snipe?  What if your son wants to be a sniper and you want to get him a weapon to practice with?  What if you live in a remote area and want to make sure the fucker breaking into your house stays down?  One shot with an M-14 will ensure that.
Squishy face retard

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »
How about if you want to actually take down big game?  What if you just want to learn how to snipe?  What if your son wants to be a sniper and you want to get him a weapon to practice with?  What if you live in a remote area and want to make sure the fucker breaking into your house stays down?  One shot with an M-14 will ensure that.

What if you live in a bad part of LA and you've been disrespected?  What if you miss your target and hit some 8 year old kid taking a piano lesson and you leaven him crippled.  Oh wait, my bad, that happened in Oakland, last year, not LA.

A shot gun slug can take down big game can't it?  And really, big game hunting, unless for food, is pretty pointless (but you're pro life, right?).   A shot gun can sto intruder to, right?  Or, a dog...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »
Cap, not siding against you but you should know an assault rifle is a terrible choice for big game lol...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »
What if you live in a bad part of LA and you've been disrespected?  What if you miss your target and hit some 8 year old kid taking a piano lesson and you leaven him crippled.  Oh wait, my bad, that happened in Oakland, last year, not LA.

A shot gun slug can take down big game can't it?  And really, big game hunting, unless for food, is pretty pointless (but you're pro life, right?).   A shot gun can sto intruder to, right?  Or, a dog...
You realize the homeboys get guns no matter what right?  God I hope so.  LAPD routinely melts guns from busts.

As far as big game, to both posters, the kick of a military rifle is more fun.   ;D  I don't care about what I eat.  I don't care about killers in jail, but yes I do care about innocent children that are knifed in the head.  I want to knife disposable people in the head, but I can't.

So you're okay with me putting a slug in a guy and cutting him in half or using double ought buck and taking off a limb but not a .223 round in his head? 

Hugo, I know...I just like shooting 7.62 rounds.   ;)
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
You realize the homeboys get guns no matter what right?  God I hope so.  LAPD routinely melts guns from busts.

As far as big game, to both posters, the kick of a military rifle is more fun.   ;D  I don't care about what I eat.  I don't care about killers in jail, but yes I do care about innocent children that are knifed in the head.  I want to knife disposable people in the head, but I can't.

So you're okay with me putting a slug in a guy and cutting him in half or using double ought buck and taking off a limb but not a .223 round in his head? 

ok ;D

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 03:59:39 PM »

No one needs to be able to obtain a military riffle unless they have a proven track record that they know how to handle a weapon like that.  if there was a law that decreed you needed to obtain education and training and insurance in order to obtain a high powered assault riffle, i'd be all down with that.  I know some stupid mother fuckers with guns, its scary.  my buddy and i just hunted and took down a wild boar for food with cross bows two weeks ago, we didn't need guns.  granted, this guy is a lifer military guy and knows what he is doing, but we (read, HE, i missed badly and watched the savage guy i was with hit directly behind the left shoulder blade and slit its throat with a big old knife) were able to do it. 

As for someone breaking into your home, yeah, if someone threatened my home, all bets are off.  but i have a dog, and that is a greater deterrent than the threat of guns in my house.   people who case my house will see the large dog.  They will go away. For the record though, if the Dow goes under 4000, i'm getting a shotgun.  If society starts breaking down, I'm not going to be one who ain't armed.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 04:06:41 PM »
Trap, me and my buddies were college kids in AZ who like to shoot.  We shoot/shot responsibly, so why not allow us to have the weapons to hone our skills.  We all wanted to be LEO or military.  We all took courses (non-required) to learn how to basically kill anyone in a room that presents a threat.  We don't take the rifles outside the home unless to shoot.  Is it really a big deal?

You can't get exact military rifles but pretty close and they are just fun to shoot.  Some guys are just "gear guys" who like to buy up weapons and just go shoot.  Some are nerds, some not but they just like to shoot.  I met a guy shooting in the desert who bought a 50 cal Barrett just because he could and he wanted to shoot big fucking rounds way far out.

Use a shotty with slugs and aim for center mass.  Most like buck shot but fuck it, he's gonna die anyway so why not go for broke?
Squishy face retard

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »
yeah, i get catalogs in the mail, the stuff i can mail away for riffle mods in california made military riffles seem like nothing.  I agree with the right to arms, but people like you and your buddies aren't the problem.  its, as always, the guys who abuse the right.  I'm not saying its fair, but if we're going to allow it, regulate it a helluva lot better than they are now.  Call for mandatory education, licencing, and insurance.  that will deter the wrong people from owning guns, or at least slow them down.  I can kill a lot of people with my car, but i recieved training, education and i pay insurance.  same idea.

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 04:15:48 PM »
In reality, you know what the biggest anti-gun group is in this country?  Law enforcement...

NRA....Very strong lobby!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:32 AM »

The second amendment is not about deer hunting you moron.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 07:59:40 AM »
No one needs to be able to obtain a military riffle unless they have a proven track record that they know how to handle a weapon like that.  if there was a law that decreed you needed to obtain education and training and insurance in order to obtain a high powered assault riffle, i'd be all down with that.  I know some stupid mother fuckers with guns, its scary.  my buddy and i just hunted and took down a wild boar for food with cross bows two weeks ago, we didn't need guns.  granted, this guy is a lifer military guy and knows what he is doing, but we (read, HE, i missed badly and watched the savage guy i was with hit directly behind the left shoulder blade and slit its throat with a big old knife) were able to do it. 

As for someone breaking into your home, yeah, if someone threatened my home, all bets are off.  but i have a dog, and that is a greater deterrent than the threat of guns in my house.   people who case my house will see the large dog.  They will go away. For the record though, if the Dow goes under 4000, i'm getting a shotgun.  If society starts breaking down, I'm not going to be one who ain't armed.

You have to be the most ignorant person  on these forums with regards to firearms.

If all hell broke loose, you would not be able to get a gun since they would all be sold out.  Additionally, like I said to you earlier, the 2nd amendment is not about hunting.

The "assault weapons" ban is a liberal lie like almost everything else. 

The fact of the matter is that "assault weapons" are used in like .03% of gun related crimes.

Small, cheap, concealable, handguns are used almost exclusively in gun related crimes by criminals.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 08:06:26 AM »

NRA....Very strong lobby!!!

The 2nd Amendment is number 2 for a reason.  Freedom of speech and assembly is the 1st in the bill of rights for a reason.

Anyone who advocates for strong gun control really needs their heads examined and are no different than anyone who favors strong regulation fo the first amendment. 

You liberal anti-gun people dont realize that the politicians want to ban guns because that is their easiet method of controlling the populace.

Banning guns really worked for the jews in germany didn't it???

Banning guns really works for the poor peasants in communist countries????

Thank God for the NRA. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 08:38:12 AM »

You have to be the most ignorant person  on these forums with regards to firearms.

If all hell broke loose, you would not be able to get a gun since they would all be sold out.  Additionally, like I said to you earlier, the 2nd amendment is not about hunting.

The "assault weapons" ban is a liberal lie like almost everything else. 

The fact of the matter is that "assault weapons" are used in like .03% of gun related crimes.

Small, cheap, concealable, handguns are used almost exclusively in gun related crimes by criminals.

The liberal democrats go after assault weapons because they are easy. People like Brady can stand up there (heh) and say "We don't need a gun that was only designed to kill people", and since 75% of the population is too lazy too look past the first two sentences, pople say "Yes, thats a great idea, lets ban them!"

When I look around,, the only people I see who REALLY really want super-duper gun control are the soccer mom types and liberals who toe the party line no matter what.

Gang banger fucks are going to have and use the guns no matter what.

Banning guns to prevent school shootings and street crime is like banning Toyotas to prevent drunk driving.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 10:01:40 AM »
Number of people killed by a registered gun owner 0

at least I cannot find any inofrmation regarding any having happened.

Certainly no murders.

People who gets guns legally just dont use them violently.

Bottom line. No need to outlaw guns. Just enforce the existing laws.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 10:10:31 AM »
Number of people killed by a registered gun owner 0

at least I cannot find any inofrmation regarding any having happened.

Certainly no murders.

People who gets guns legally just dont use them violently.

Bottom line. No need to outlaw guns. Just enforce the existing laws.

My permit took almost 6 months to get.  And that is not even a carry since in NY you cant get that to begin with.  I went through FBI and state background checks.

Does anyone really believe that after all of that I am going to hold up a bank or commit a crime?????

What a joke.  Focus on the criminals, not the law abiding citizens.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
My permit took almost 6 months to get.  And that is not even a carry since in NY you cant get that to begin with.  I went through FBI and state background checks.

Does anyone really believe that after all of that I am going to hold up a bank or commit a crime?????

agree 100%.

welcome to the 'good guy' club.  I've had permit and carried for almost 12 years now.  Having that permit means you have to have a 100% clean criminal record, be fingerprinted on file, and be totally accountable for your actions. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
agree 100%.

welcome to the 'good guy' club.  I've had permit and carried for almost 12 years now.  Having that permit means you have to have a 100% clean criminal record, be fingerprinted on file, and be totally accountable for your actions. 

People who think that anyone can just go get a handgun dont realize that in states like CA, NY, NJ, MA, IL, DC, its impossible unless you buy it illegally off the street.

Every time I buy a new handgun in NY ,you have to reapply for your permit and amend your previous permit. 

A long arm requires an instant check by the dealer calling a federal hotline so that you have no record.

Anyone who think that a criminals peferred weapon is an AK or AR15 has no idea about guns or crime.

Sure they look "scary" but they are probably less dangerous than an illegal handgun since it is almost impossible to carry around a AR15 and not be noticed whereas a handgun can be concealed easily.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 01:08:45 PM »

The government won't regulate PEOPLE. Every time that's tried the libs scream bloody murder, racism, civil-rights, whatever... Gun regulation is all about controling the tool, not the problem.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »

People who think that anyone can just go get a handgun dont realize that in states like CA, NY, NJ, MA, IL, DC, its impossible unless you buy it illegally off the street.

Every time I buy a new handgun in NY ,you have to reapply for your permit and amend your previous permit. 

A long arm requires an instant check by the dealer calling a federal hotline so that you have no record.

Anyone who think that a criminals peferred weapon is an AK or AR15 has no idea about guns or crime.

Sure they look "scary" but they are probably less dangerous than an illegal handgun since it is almost impossible to carry around a AR15 and not be noticed whereas a handgun can be concealed easily.

Exactly....who the hell is going to rob u with a SAW or a M-240. Ur going to get robbed by a piece of shit stolen .38 snub nose......With the way things are I wouldn't mind a M-4 or another basic assualt rifle. I don't need an automatic weapon, a rocket launcher or anything like that. If things got completely stupid here, I'd be able to get that crap anyway. What I want or need to have access to is a round that will put somebody down once. I need a shotgun that will allow to me to mix and match my round selection....and uncle Barry has no reason in hell to tell me what I can carry or purchase. If i qualify to own a gun, I should be able to get what I want within reason. I should not have to register my ammo either. He really oughta stay away from this
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 01:19:42 PM »
HH, I need an M-203.

Can you hook me up?